The Manager, Business Analysis is a hands-on role that will engage with one or more product teams to elicit, manage and own requirements for one or more enterprise products, services and processes. The Manager will also manage 3-5 Business Analysts all working to improve our Content Platform which is used to ingest, manage, curate and distribute all content types across the company.
- Manage and lead other Business Analysts (BAs) to continuously improve the quality of BA deliverables (user stories).
- Monitor day-to-day activity of BAs and review requirements under development to ensure standards are followed with an eye towards improving clarity and quality of requirements.
- Review all artifacts created by BAs before presentation to individual teams, editing and revising for proper format, consistency and completeness.
- Ensure that requirements created by BAs are accurate and detailed, including user interface annotations and detailed functional requirement documents if needed.
- Provide oversight for BA usage of JIRA to ensure that all user stories and supporting artifacts for a given project are properly created and managed.
- Provide performance reviews and provide input to training paths for BAs.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest business analysis techniques and make recommendations for change to the Business Analysis processes.
- Participate in project planning, working with Product Managers, Project Managers, and Engineers to estimate effort for requirements and provide input to the prioritization of stories for development.
- Develop, own, and refine user stories.
- Decompose features into user stories including acceptance criteria. Continue to decompose user stories in order to fit into sprints.
- Partner with product managers to develop and refine backlogs.
- Actively participate and coach during Agile activity meetings, including Scrum, Backlog Grooming and Sprint Planning to help identify risks and impediments, escalating as necessary.