Overview and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic legal and labor advice to the business affairs, production, digital and creative departments of various channels regarding all manner of union and guild compliance issues.
- Negotiate and implement all collective bargaining agreements and one-off side letters for various production entities, including: DGA, SAG-AFTRA, WGA, IATSE, Teamsters and all other crew agreements in US and overseas. (Note that Viacom Media Networks is not a member of the AMPTP.)
- Provide day-to-day counsel on labor contract interpretation and risk (including, work rules, rates, residuals and other compensation), and communicate that information in a timely, diligent, and comprehensible manner to business affairs, production, and creative executives.
- Negotiate waivers as needed from agreements.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with department colleagues, labor organizations, outside labor counsel, Paramount labor department, and labor executives at other similarly-situated companies.
- Oversee the submission of all guild related paperwork (including DGA deal memos, SAG-AFTRA info sheets, and Me Too Letters).
- Will supervise one one-attorney position; potential to supervise one or more additional attorney and/or non-attorney positions
- 7 years minimum of experience at Television Entertainment Company or Entertainment Guild with substantial experience in Scripted and Alternative Television Development and Production Contract Law
- Expert working knowledge of Guild (WGA, DGA, IATSE, SAG-AFTRA) and union regulations and issues, related legal trends and business practices
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of Entertainment and Content transactions and ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- J.D. with active California or New York Bar membership preferred
- Must be detail-oriented and possess superior drafting, negotiation, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to top-line issues for senior network executives on a daily basis and communicate in a clear, concise and succinct manner both verbally and in writing
- Previously established relationships with key Television Studio, Production Companies, Entertainment Guilds and entertainment lawyers
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed