Viacom is seeking a talented DevOps Engineer to help build its Cloud and Compute team. This role will partner with infrastructure, development, and architecture teams globally to help transform Viacom into a cloud-first enterprise. Come help us weave together public and private cloud into a flexible and efficient compute platform for one of the world’s foremost media companies.
The successful candidate will be an avid learner, problem solver, documenter, and teacher. We are looking for a seasoned individual who wants to know what the API’s look like when presented with a new product. The candidate should also be well versed in public cloud, configuration management, systems automation, and general scripting. They will be a resident Subject Matter Expert with the eagerness and experience to drive any cloud-related project.
- Advise on the migration of all Viacom infrastructure to Cloud-based deployment models
- Do strategic testing of enterprise and media compute systems in Public Cloud
- Test and integrate Azure and additional Public Cloud platforms
- Build roadmap for automated management of Windows compute environments
- Guide the technical development and training of Viacom’s infrastructure teams
- Develop container-based applications and manage deployments using various orchestrators including both ECS and Kubernetes
- Drive testing of Private cloud for on-premises infrastructure deployments
- Be a voice for strong design principals and sound cloud planning within Viacom and in the industry.
- Work with Viacom Information Security in evaluating and designing security solutions for cloud deployments.
- Develop and present technical strategy with Viacom technical leadership.
- Advise infrastructure groups across Viacom in developing optimized cloud deployment models and in strategic use of on-premises systems.
- Partner with Viacom Project Management to plan global cloud migrations.
- Develop sound operational practices for cloud infrastructure with partner teams.
- Build cost comparison models and provide pricing support for services and applications across public and private cloud deployments.
- Lead partner organizations, as Cloud SME, evaluating technical design of vendor-provided SAAS solutions.
- Evaluate and plan adoption of advanced cloud technologies like PAAS.
- Work with client-facing systems teams to allow controlled and intelligent self-provisioning of cloud environments
- Acts as technical project manager by preparing project plans, interacting with other departments and guiding MTS resources as required
- Must have a thorough understanding of Scrum and Agile Project Management
- Should be proficient in using Jira and Confluence for managing and documenting tasks