Viacom is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to help Viacom realize its strategy of moving application workloads to Public Cloud. This role is part of the Windows Engineering team which provides architecture, build and integration services for the various business applications required by Viacom Media Networks. The technologies for which services are provided include, but are not limited to, Windows Server, IIS/.NET, Azure, AWS, Chef, Puppet, MS SQL server, J2EE application servers and vendor applications.
The ideal candidate is a bright, proactive individual with experience working in a fast paced, large Windows application environment. The candidate will play a critical role in engineering highly secure and highly scalable solutions for application systems that are hosted on-prem or in public cloud (Azure, AWS and Google Cloud). The candidate is expected to regularly meet with other technical groups such as Development, DBAs, Storage, Virtualization and Networking to ensure that business requirements are met by using standard technologies and processes wherever possible.
- Work collaboratively with application owners and other infrastructure teams to develop architecture designs and automated deployment frameworks for Viacom applications
- Assist in the development of Viacom’s next generation Cloud architecture in collaboration with the Cloud Architecture group with a focus on deployment of Windows based applications leveraging Chef automation
- Continually evaluate and develop ideas for how to improve Viacom’s Cloud & Compute Services processes including server provisioning/deprovisioning, change control, incident escalations, major outages, infrastructure automation, monitoring, inventory management, etc.
- Assist in financial analyses of infrastructure costs as it relates to Data Center deployments or Public Cloud deployments of Viacom’s applications
- Work collaboratively with the other Cloud & Compute services teams to standardize toolsets and workflows where possible to optimize costs and effectiveness of team members.
- Work collaboratively with Viacom’s L1 and L2 teams for ticket escalations as well as to help develop documentation those teams can leverage for future incidents
- Join the on-call Windows Engineering escalation rotation, providing off-hours support in case of critical outages impacting Viacom’s systems