Viacom is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
Our Strategic Sourcing team is growing! We are seeking new talent at the Senior Manager and Director levels to support our Corporate & Facility Services Tower.
These roles will serve as strategic leaders and contact points responsible for building and managing relationships with key vendors and Viacom business owners and will be required to develop and implement global sourcing strategies and initiatives, drive cost savings and identify and impact efficiencies within the respective departments supported.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Deliver ongoing annual reduction and cost efficiencies on sourceable spend within the category
- Show continuous YOY improvement on % of category sourceable spend covered under approved category strategies and with preferred vendors
- Partner with category-related business leaders to develop and implement Category Strategy to deliver targeted savings while meeting business requirements for innovation, quality and time
- Be a credible, sought-after value-added partner to business leaders – deliver sourcing savings to help them to meet their objectives faster and at lower cost
- Proactively integrate with key business leaders / their teams – be in a position to anticipate / support / steer sourcing needs before they become “last minute requests”
- Minimize cost and maximize value in the category sourcing process by selecting / deploying optimal sourcing levers e.g., rate card development, RFQ, e-sourcing, contract administration and framework agreements.
- Lead and Manage RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, which includes creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations (using scorecards) and vendor selection.
- Provide expertise in the respective category and leverage that understanding to determine potential sources of supply, determine capabilities of suppliers’ product and service offerings, and relate offerings to stakeholder needs.
- Lead cross-functional sourcing teams to rigorously pursue and capture improvements (Director candidates)
- Gain business support to consolidate spend while satisfying variations in requirements across the businesses and functions. This includes capturing opportunities from consolidation of spend in acquisitions
- Efficiently and effectively process sourcing requests from the business – provide optimal results within timeframes needed by the business
- Evaluate and recommend strategic opportunities/initiatives to Strategic Sourcing leadership utilizing current and emerging business models, assessing short-term and long-term industry and strategic considerations
- Partner with vendors to build/maintain constructive, long term relationships
- Develop negotiation strategies and drive aggressive negotiations with vendors to achieve strong commercial outcomes in conjunction with legal and other key internal requirements.
- Actively engage in vendor management processes ranging from vendor identification and selection to contract, compliance and performance management including scorecards and regular reviews
- Define data needed to meet objectives and develop an effective plan for gathering it. Leverage data analytics to improve category strategy development and execution