The Senior Manager of Sourcing (Marketing) will be responsible for providing Media and/or Creative leadership, strategic direction and driving global sourcing activities and initiatives, in support of VP Sourcing and other senior leaders within Sourcing group. This position will be responsible for being the ultimate marketing consultant to the team, marketing departments across Paramount and Viacom Media Networks and agency partners. He/she will serve as a strategic leader and primary point-of-contact for building, managing and maintaining relationships with key Paramount/Viacom business owners, delivering high impact and ROI focused marketing and sourcing strategies and negotiations.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Serve as a leadership contact point responsible for building and managing business relationships with key business partners, agencies, vendors and Viacom and Paramount business owners (Marketing, Publicity, Interactive/Digital, Finance, Legal) required to drive successful, high impact and ROI focused global marketing and sourcing initiatives.
- Lead the opportunity assessment, strategy & project plan development, end-to-end negotiations, sourcing engagement and contracting processes to achieve strategic marketing and financial goals. Drive company-wide synergies, when appropriate, highlighting opportunities with common vendors, agencies, spending, or processes.
- Lead and manage overarching strategic thinking, ensure short-term and long range marketing and business strategies are aligned and meet revenue/profit goals and marketing objectives. Ensure senior management and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Develop and execute agency and vendor compensation/fee negotiations, including scope-of-work development, all fees and commissions, management of quarterly updates and related analysis.
- Provide strategic and tactical management of agency/vendor staffing and financial reconciliation, which includes internal and external communication and operational recommendations to improve agencies/vendors’ output, accountability and operational efficiencies.
- Compile, prepare and manage marketing and financial data in support of analyses including data quality checks and integration. Translate data, statistical information and financial analysis into actionable conclusions, insights and business recommendations.
- Develop financial models and provide data needed to identify P&L “flow through” savings and avoidance.
- Identify and implement best practice/best-in-class sustainable business, marketing and/or sourcing methodologies, processes, systems, tools, metrics/KPIs and other resources that meet Sourcing group’s and stakeholders’ needs from start to finish. Lead the standardization and operational improvements of current planning, buying and reporting processes.
- Management of media agency/media related issues (Head Office & Local), provide recommendations, create solutions/options and resolve network issues and challenges, consult with senior management and stakeholders.
- Serve as marketing and media consultant and team expert in both digital and linear landscapes, staying abreast of best-in-class sourcing and marketing strategies, emerging technologies, etc., collaborate with cross-functional teams and agency partners. Actively keep current with industry trends, market dynamics, & technologies (i.e. buying/reporting systems, analytics, research, etc.) Actively serve and represent Viacom and Paramount as a key voice within industry.
- Partner and interact with Legal and other departments and business partners to analyze risks associated with the continuous changes of the marketing landscape (i.e. data privacy, ad fraud, etc.). Develop strategy and language to minimize exposure and negative brand impact to Viacom, filmmakers, content partners, talent, etc.
- Support VP Sourcing in the development of the Marketing team as appropriate; providing leadership and motivation. Ensure collaboration among all departments and foster great teamwork.