The Senior Manager/Director of Media Technology Services (MTS) Sourcing will be responsible for driving global sourcing activities and initiatives across Technology.
This role will serve as a contact point responsible for building and managing relationships with key vendors and Viacom business owners and will be required to identify global sourcing initiatives, drive cost savings and identify and impact efficiencies within the respective departments supported.
This role also requires the development and execution of sourcing strategies, with an equal emphasis placed on the ability to identify, analyze, and quantify opportunities as well as the ability to manage RFI and RFPs and handle vendor negotiations.
- Proactively engage and propose measures to MTS senior management that drive global strategic initiatives through sourcing efforts, including supplier and spend consolidation.
- Take ownership and responsibility for leading and managing for sourcing initiatives.
- Direct, define, and implement sourcing strategies and initiatives to drive the delivery of corporate earnings, growth strategy, and business transformation objectives for responsible categories
- Collaborate with purchasing teams where applicable to drive synergies and ensure compliance with policies
- Align regional and global organization structure to maximize achievement of sourcing objectives and strengthen our regional presence globally
- Direct the development and negotiation of highly complex, corporate wide, strategic supplier alliances encompassing multiple channel partners and multi-agency collaborations
- Evaluate and recommend strategic opportunities/initiatives to Strategic Sourcing leadership utilizing current and emerging business models, assessing short-term and long-term industry and strategic considerations
- Lead quarterly forums with suppliers to review project status and performance against deliverables and create mutually agreed upon improvement programs as required
- Gather, analyze, and document requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Drive project activity through the communication of expectations, enforcement of deadlines, and creation and evaluation of deliverables.
- Manage issues and risks and communicate to management, when appropriate. Consult with senior management and project management experts as needed. Facilitate communication between project team and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to put a structured sourcing process into action in formal and informal negotiations, and leverage the process to resolve conflicts and build consensus.
- Lead and Manage RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, which includes creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations (using scorecards) and vendor selection.
- Create supporting documentation to applicable standards such that the value generated can be included in executive-level presentations.
- Define data needed to meet objectives and develop an effective plan for gathering it. Utilize data analysis to solve business problems. Draw conclusions from analyses that are not immediately obvious.
- Proactively seek information on similar, relevant, past agreements and apply such information to optimize current results.
- Contribute suggestions to assist management in the development of team goals or objectives. Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices.
- Demonstrate and practice a high degree of professional integrity and ethical responsibility in all business activities.