Nickelodeon, now in its 37th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books and feature films.
Nickelodeon is seeking a Vice President, Franchise Planning, who will lead the development of strategic, long-range property plans to support the key priority properties and franchises targeting kids 6+, including but not limited to SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Glitch Techs, Nick 90’s, Slime and Jojo Siwa.
- Develop long-range property plans (2-3 year) that manage the life cycle and investment needs for Nickelodeon priority properties. The plans should focus on key strategies and tactics that will support generating exposure, increasing engagement, driving Consumer Product sales and growing the overall strength of the property or franchise.
- Collaborate with Franchise Creative and Research teams to ensure property plans are in keeping with the key insights of the IP and the target consumer and to continue to review, update and refine all franchise roadmaps using these insights.
- Collaborate with all departments within the Nickelodeon ecosystem to drive execution of the property plans – including but not limited to Production, Consumer Products, Press, Programming, NCR, Talent, International, Consumer Marketing, etc.
- Maintain consistent messaging and ‘top of mind’ status for all properties and franchises by ensuring that the most current information is adequately and strategically communicated and distributed to each LOB
- As needed, represent the key Properties and Franchises at partner meetings: CP, ad sales, marketing partners, etc.
- Review creative work and business strategies to ensure that initiatives throughout the company and with partners are being developed consistent with the Franchise guidelines and plans
- As applicable, build consumer advertising campaigns on and off Kids and Family platforms to support key franchise initiatives.
- Understand, anticipate and strategically act on industry trends and competitor activity to help inform marketing plans.
- Motivate, inspire, direct and supervise a team that serve as day-to-day contacts on each property (includes Director, Manager and Coordinator).
- Manage budget for Franchise properties