Nickelodeon, now in its 37th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books and feature films.
Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in more than 90 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 20 consecutive years.
Nickelodeon is seeking a Vice President, Communications Consumer Products who will manage and execute global media relations activity and provide long-range strategic counsel for Nickelodeon’s Consumer Products division. Position will have dual reporting to SVP, International Communications and the SVP, Corporate Communications for Nickelodeon.
- Devise and oversee execution of publicity campaigns for Nickelodeon Group consumer products on a global level.
- Serve as senior team member and thought leader to Nickelodeon CMO/President of Consumer Products.
- Carry out strategic direction and goals set by company’s senior executives.
- Build Consumer Products’ press profile and success, aligning with network’s goals and achievements on a global level.
- Build press profile of senior Consumer Products executives.
- Work with Consumer Products team leadership to devise and execute the Nickelodeon brand story at key industry events, including Licensing Show, Toy Fair, Nickelodeon Consumer Products Partner Summit, et al.
- Create and launch speaker’s bureau for Consumer Products executives to further build and reinforce the brand’s leadership position in the industry, globally.
- Pitch franchise, brand-specific, network and digital trend-oriented stories.
- Liaise with relevant Nickelodeon Group departments and with external partners, to provide strategic support for overall business goals.
- Oversee press releases and media plans from licensees in all lines of business including media products, home video.
- Oversee and devise strategies for Public Affairs activities, campaigns and messaging.