Nickelodeon, now in its 37th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books and feature films.
Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in more than 90 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 20 consecutive years.
Nickelodeon is seeking a Vice President of Consumer Packaged Goods who will lead the strategy and team to drive growth of all licensed and Promotional Food, Health and Beauty categories for Nickelodeon Consumer Products.
- Defining and executing FHB category strategy & vision
- Identifying, negotiating, and executing new licensing and promotional partnerships
- Cultivating and maximizing existing partnerships to elevate and optimize category penetration
- Delivering consumer-driven product development, leveraging insight and category expertise
- Work closely with Retail Sales & Marketing teams to maximize merchandising impact and retail activation with all key accounts
- Work closely with Ad Sales to align strategy and maximize opportunities with all partners.
- Specific HBA Team Responsibilities:
- Organize and lead a team to optimize a portfolio of Blue-Chip partners while igniting new partnerships for all category growth.
- Cultivate and analyze data with the team to identify gaps and key categories by retail aisle, item & partner.
- Train all team members to become highly effective brand-ambassadors and share all relevant materials with licensees including property overview presentations, category success stories, ratings, press stories, etc. in order to keep Nickelodeon properties top of mind with licensees
- Oversee the internal review and execution of product development, in partnership with Creative Services.
- Internal Partnerships:
- Work closely with Ad Sales to align strategy and communication with partners.
- Partner with Consumer Insight team to track and compile competitive activity, including macro-industry and licensing-specific trends and analyze Nick sales trends.
- Partner with legal department on all contract development.
- Work closely with Nickelodeon Creative Services on all product, marketing, and packaging approvals
- Work closely with Finance on annual and quarterly revenue estimates by collecting budget and sales information from licensees, analyzing numbers, and developing response plan
- Partner with all regional consumers products teams to align category and partner strategies on the “Global Hit List”
- Partner with Retail Sales & Marketing teams on marketing, promotional and merchandising.