We are looking for a dynamic, driven and savvy Senior Publicist with knowledge, passion, curiosity and love of black culture to support what’s next and what matters at BET Networks. Developing and executing comprehensive and creative communications strategies for scripted and unscripted original series, as well as Award shows and specials. The Sr. Publicist, Corporate Communications, East Coast reports to Manager, Corporate Communications, East Coast.
- Liaise with production to coordinate on-set press visits for assigned programming or specials. Pitch and secure coverage across broad range of media, and respond to media requests for pre-premiere, in-season and bridge/evergreen stories. Proactively identify traditional and unique opportunities to maximize press coverage across multiple platforms.
- Track budgets for media campaigns.
- Create, write and disseminate press materials for programming including press releases, talking points, fact sheets, briefings, show synopses, pitches and media alerts/items. Identify and pull clips for strategic placement; make recommendations for review coverage.
- Cultivate and expand positive relationships with the media across broadcast, print (weekly, long lead), online/blogger (mainstream, niche), and entertainment trade segments, as well as emerging media.
- Spearhead communications with trade outlets to message production news stories. Pitch and secure seasonal network programming stories (TV previews and highlights).
- Work cross-functionally to nurture relationships with internal and external stakeholders to strategize and execute successful promotional campaigns. Work closely with show creators/executives, talent, production and programming executives, as well as outside PR representatives. Work across departments including original programming, marketing, legal, digital, social media, creative services, post production to ensure an open pipeline between content creation, promotion and publicity. Partner with social and digital teams to share assets, capture content and coordinate roll-out strategies across platforms.
- Plan and execute all aspects of press events including local/regional/national media tours, SMTs, press junkets, etc.
- Join PR team in staffing tent pole events, escorting talent, managing red carpet flow, staffing the “top of carpet”, and filling in media gaps when needed.