BET Networks is seeking an experienced development executive with a strong track record conceiving, recognizing, and producing scripted and unscripted digital video content to join BET as Director of Digital Originals. They will be responsible for developing and producing “platform intentional” video content for both BET and third party licensees.
The ideal candidate is a strong leader, with a compelling creative voice, robust industry relationships, and a track record creating and selling digital video projects. They are strategic and creatively resourceful with a killer instinct for identifying great talent, creating engaging stories for the African American audience and overseeing video projects from start to finish.
The role will be based out of either Viacom’s Hollywood or New York offices, and report directly to BET’s SVP, Head of Digital.
· Partner with the Digital Leadership Team to define BET’s digital original content strategy
· Develop original content pitches, evaluate 3rd party pitches, and lead pitch meetings
· Lead production of treatments, reels, presentations, and pilots
· Establish and manage production schedules and budgets
· Partner closely with Legal and Talent teams on talent contracts
· Produce “digital first” and “platform intentional” video content
· Build and maintain strategic relationships with current and future partners
· Stay abreast of the entertainment and digital media marketplace
· Ensure consistency and quality control throughout all content