Seeking a Senior Production Manager for live/event production with 5+ years of production management experience in media, entertianment, or related field.
This role will production manage/produce on various productions, ranging from corporate events and presentations, to festivals and large-scale concerts. The Senior Production Manager will join the Viacom Special Events Department to focus on logistics, budgeting, and overseeing the production component of Viacom Special Events, which includes but is not limited to: small and large off channel performances, upfronts, sponsored driven events, and executive meetings.
The responsibilities of the Senior Production Manager includes, but is not limited to
- Budget creation, management and reconciliation for all events.
- Develop existing relationships and build new relationships with a number of local and national vendors in order to secure favorable rates and products.
- Oversee project based freelance staff and crew in order to ensure product is in line with the standards of Viacom, as well as act as an internal resource for freelance or production personnel with regards to company policies and procedures.
- Serve as on-site event manager, liaise with vendors and various internal departments, trouble shoot, and manage event logistics
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of production elements (audio, video, lighting, staging, etc) and how to integrate such elements together to execute successful events.
- Make quick, educated decisions, and come up with creative solutions in compliance with company policies.
- Oversee tracking of deliverables during production including call sheets, schedules, travel itineraries, etc.
- Negotiate large scale contracts with vendors and venues
- Develop new systems, trackers, ideas, etc. to help the department operate more efficiently.
The Department serves all Viacom networks: MTV, VH1, Comedy Central, CMT, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, and TV Land.