Engaging in minority business development and promoting diverse supplier participation is the foundation of our Supplier Diversity program whereby supporting our commitment to expanding economic opportunities of our diverse communities. In leading this initiative, you will foster the promotion, growth and further development of our diverse supplier base. Success will be achieved by collaborating internally with sourcing and business teams, looking for opportunities for existing and new diverse suppliers across Viacom. Collaboration with prospective suppliers is equally essential, allowing us to build solid supplier relationships. Further, we must gain a better understanding of supplier diversity compliance and potential benefits related to government and tax incentives.
The Director, Supplier Diversity shall be responsible for developing and implementing an ongoing Supplier Diversity Program. Key deliverables include building and implementing a tactical plan, monitoring plan progress and implementing program improvements as needed. Must develop strong relationships with internal cross functional groups as well as with Media & Entertainment colleagues. Facilitate business partnerships with diverse suppliers while identifying business opportunities in order to ensure the success of supplier diversity. Serves in leadership roles with diversity business associations.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Functions as the worldwide ambassador of the program and specifically provides leadership and direction on all matters of supplier diversity; ensures the program’s policies and processes are continually reviewed, developed and implemented.
- Establishes organizational and business unit goals, monitors progress, and supports leadership in recommending and executing action where necessary.
- Helps drive leadership accountability and engagement with supplier diversity initiatives across all business units to ensure continued integration, success, and credibility of the program while being accountable for the overall program success.
- Develops an awareness and knowledge of various sourcing initiatives, working closely with Sourcing Tower Leads and various business partners to integrate supplier diversity into category and cost savings strategies.
- Manages supplier diversity inquiries, reviews and responds to mailbox inquiries appropriately.
- Identifies and maintains prospective supplier data based on company needs and provide preliminary vetting.
- Builds relationships with perspective suppliers and facilitates showcase opportunities and stakeholder engagement.
- Coordinates event/conference logistics, invitations, advertisements, and press releases.
- Participates in industry-wide supplier diversity events, trade shows, and conferences around the world, including boards and committees with strategic partners.
- Attends regular events and meetings; including participation on panels, industry groups and in workshops.
- Identifies and leads match-making sessions with suppliers.
- Organizes and participates in stakeholder meetings.
- Clearly communicates strategies, initiatives, and analyses to internal stakeholders and leadership on a regular schedule.
- Communicates globally across all levels at Viacom the strategic value of supplier diversity to ensure Viacom achieves its strategic product/service, financial, and operational initiatives.
- Partners with cross functional groups such as Diversity & Inclusion, Human Resources and Corporate Social Responsibility, at all levels, to implement and advance both the supplier diversity and sustainability initiatives.
- Leads supplier diversity Tier I (and Tier II) reporting.
- Manages supplier diversity budget. Makes decisions on annual spend, adjusts, plans and updates budget accordingly.
- Innovate and improve data collection, analysis and reporting to drive accuracy and consistency.
- Develops and maintains key metrics and reporting tools and implements innovative solutions to meet Viacom’s supplier diversity needs around the globe.
- Creating and distributing reports to provide metrics for internal and external stakeholders to include but not limited to diversity leadership councils, customers, industry groups and global leaders.
- Collaborate with supplier diversity partners to collect and analyze organization databases which support diverse supplier validation (scrub, notification, system updates).
- Serves as subject matter expert and content leader through the design, development and implementation of global single and multi-brand supplier diversity programs and initiatives.
- Must demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances.