The Manager, Human Resources will work with the VP to provide HR support to all employees at the Nickelodeon Studio facility in Burbank. This includes Viacom Staff, Studio Staff, Union and PBE populations (approximately 600-700 employees).
HR responsibilities include acting as the conduit between the business and the various HR partners (recruitment, training & development, payroll, benefits etc.) as well as employee relations, management & administration,
records management, basic benefit administration, HRIS, IATSE union
partnership and compensation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Make recommendations and influence decisions regarding HR issues that are in the best interest of the company.
• Manage the strategic, tactical, and day-to-day administrative tasks surrounding the HR support of up to 700 Nickelodeon Staff, Project Based, and Union production employees.
• Provide guidance and direction to Nickelodeon and Viacom management on sensitive employee relations, compensation, staffing, performance management, union relations, HRIS, record keeping and training & development.
• Provide direction to managers, line producers and sr. level staff on all company related policies and related state and federal regulations.
• Represent the interests of all employees by maintaining a positive and trusting environment in which to work.
• Counsel employees in matters including employment issues, career coaching and disciplinary issues.
• Serve as the liaison between management, employees, and the divisional HR and Leadership teams in NY, as well as our relationship with IATSE.
• Maintain an accurate record keeping system that meets company, management informational needs.
• Consult with sr. level HR management and internal/external legal counsel, as appropriate
• Work closely with Finance and Viacom Payroll to ensure timely and accurate time collection and payment.
• Five (5) years or more experience in Human Resources
• Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with all personality types and behaviors; flexibility
• Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, fast paced environment
• Decision making skills, including ability to multi-task and make on-demand judgment calls, utilizing staff and internal / external resources
• Solid understanding of state and federal employment and labor laws/regulations
• A “hands-on” Manager with a sincere interest in people, process, and contributing to a true service organization
The following skills, knowledge and experience are desired:
• Demonstrated skill in group presentation of ideas and written proposals
• Experience working with Animation labor organizations and/or union environment
• Basic knowledge of the production environment
• Experience with Human Resource Information systems (input, update, reports, etc…)
• Knowledge of Benefits Administration
Four-year college degree, or equivalent experience in HR,
Organization Development, or Communications desired.