Viacom is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
We are seeking a Senior Vice President, Chief Sourcing Officer who will serve as strategic leader in building up our Sourcing function. This role is responsible for leading a “One Viacom” best-in-class sourcing team; assessing existing structure, staffing plans and our overall sourcing strategy.
This position is based in NYC and will report into the Senior Vice President, Financial Operations.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Build global sourcing organization by expanding the scope to include Viacom International operations
- Unify sourcing team members across organization to enable effective planning, decision making and consistent execution of strategy and best practices
- Actively support Category Leaders and Managers in building credibility and relationships with business leaders
- Provide full transparency into financial/economic savings using consistent methodology to quantify & track savings.
- Manage 5 direct reports and provide overall leadership to approximately 30 sourcing professionals
- Show continuous YOY improvement measuring user perception of sourcing as “Valued Business Partner”
- Ensure sourcing’s vision and goals are articulated clearly and understood across organization
- Collaborate effectively with support functions to develop integrated solutions for the business
- Proactively provide the “Voice of Sourcing” to business leaders to drive improvement / results
- Gain business support to consolidate spend while satisfying variations in requirements across the business
- Seek to optimize our spend and pursue best-in-class KPI’s
- “One-Viacom leverage”: Drive key themes of buying power leverage and complexity reduction across all category strategies
- Continuous Improvement:
- Deliver annual savings on sourceable spend (10%+ reduction on any new categories / those which have not been professionally sourced); deliver high ROI (Sourcing YOY savings / Sourcing annual cost)
- Review historical spend and identify areas for improvement (cost, standardization, quality, efficiency)
- Minimize cost and maximize value in the sourcing process by selecting / deploying optimal sourcing levers e.g., rate card development, RFQ, e-sourcing, contract administration and framework agreements.
- Effectively partner with the business to drive value back to Viacom
- Collaborate with business leaders to develop a multi-year road map for Sourcing which aligns with the business planning cycle and plans in key areas
- Clear Communication: Ensure vision and goals are articulated clearly and understood across organization and drive compliance through a combination of providing clear value, engaging as a partner, and instituting appropriate controls and monitoring capabilities
- Partner with vendors to build/maintain constructive, long term vendor relationships to drive down costs across categories
- For key / top vendor negotiations: Develop negotiation strategies and participate in negotiations
- Monitor progress against department objectives and deliver performance reports to management
- Develop and leverage data analytics to assess ongoing performance and identify improvement opportunities
- Define and lead best practice vendor management processes ranging from vendor identification and selection to contract, compliance and performance management including scorecards and regular reviews
- Review trends in external market to identify new opportunities (e.g., exploit price shifts, leverage new entrants)
- Collaborate with office of Global Inclusion to evolve Viacom’s Supplier Diversity program and develop strategies to; 1) achieve 10% diverse spend by 2020; 2) be recognized by peers and Diversity Councils as a leader in this area and 3) publish our progress externally against predetermined metrics.