The Manager, Product is a hands-on role that will own an enterprise product used to ingest, manage, curate or distribute all content types across the company. The Manager will work with engineering peers and other product management colleagues to define, develop, deploy and improve features, user experiences and highly optimized workflows designed to improve operational efficiency, globally. The Manager may also manage other Product Managers, Business Analysts and/or UX Designers.
- Manage and lead one or more Product Managers (PdMs) and/or UX Designers to continuously improve the quality for Product deliverables (vision and roadmap).
- Monitor day-to-day activity of PdMs and review requirements under development to ensure standards are followed with an eye towards improving clarity of vision.
- Review all artifacts created by PdMs before presentation to individual teams, editing and revising for proper format, consistency and completeness.
- Ensure that roadmaps created by PdMs are accurate and stand up to challenge.
- Provide oversight for PdM usage of JIRA to ensure that all user stories and supporting artifacts for a given product are properly created and managed.
- Provide performance reviews and provide input to training paths for PdMs and UX Designers, if necessary.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest product management techniques and make recommendations for change to the product management processes.
- Engage with stakeholders and users with empathy to understand their needs and requirements.
- Partner with the System Owner and Release Manager/Scrum Master and the delivery team using an Agile development process.
- Create and write features that articulate value, are tied to KPIs and can be easily understood by anyone.
- Decompose features into user stories including acceptance criteria. Continue to decompose user stories in order to fit into sprints.
- Develop, own, and continuously groom and refine the product roadmap and features, as well as the user story backlog.
- Align roadmap and backlogs with dependent roadmaps from other product teams, underlying platform roadmaps and external partner/vendor roadmaps.
- Continuously groom roadmaps and backlogs, integrating new information about architecture, resources and business strategy as well as existing and new constraints, assumptions and dependencies.
- Drive continuous improvements in quality by actively testing during sprints.
- Write and own a vision that clearly communicates the product features, benefits and value. Refine to align with industry shifts and user needs.
- Schedule and drive touch points with stakeholders at all levels to review roadmaps and upcoming features.
- Bravely manage stakeholder expectations on scope, cost and timing.
- Be the face and voice of the product to demo on the fly, answer questions and own communication and reporting related to product status and reporting.
- Evangelize the product, sharing information through internal social networks and collaboration tools.
- Partner with other product managers within the organization and brands to honestly align roadmaps and dependencies.
- Actively participate in Agile cadence sessions including daily scrums, sprint planning and retrospectives.