With global hits like Paw Patrol, Blaze and Shimmer & Shine, Nickelodeon’s preschool portfolio is #1 in the ratings and at retail, where our beloved content inspires a diverse range of consumer products. As the most-watched TV network for kids, we support our established and emerging preschool series with innovative marketing initiatives and strategic long-range property planning. Our mission is to keep our preschool properties top of mind with preschoolers and their parents, and deepen affinity for the Nick Jr brand.
Mobilizing internal resources and rallying external support builds our business and helps to lay the foundation for life-long Nickelodeon fans. Continued growth in preschool and consumer products are both major Viacom priorities, and this team (and the Director of Property Planning position) is at the heart of the action.
Director of Preschool Property Planning will lead the management and development of long-term strategies and planning for assigned Nick Jr. properties. Responsible for the development and execution of cross-business launch and marketing plans to support key initiatives, with a particular focus on consumer products trade and consumer support. Director will interface with external and internal resources, to ensure creative consistency and strategic alignment across all departments and lines of business. The Director will propose and develop consumer marketing initiatives, guide partnerships, and provide comprehensive recommendations for property development. The Director will also ensure that updated and effective sales materials are available for use both internal and externally.
A familiarity with franchise planning and the kids media space is essential; experience in brand marketing, parent-directed social media initiatives and experiential marketing is also a plus.
- Support Vice President in the development and implementation of strategic plans to grow key franchises, with a particular focus on consumer products business.
- Responsible for short and long-term planning for assigned properties. Direct the management of assigned properties’ marketing and planning materials for internal purposes (e.g. property plans, one sheets, property calendars, property strategy presentations).
- Represent Nick Jr. brand and properties’ POV for any and all cross-business initiatives, ensuring creative consistency. Work closely with all internal departments: programming, production, research, Nickelodeon creative teams (Creative Resources, Advertising, Promotion, Experience Design) integrated marketing, press, consumer products business teams, digital, recreation and Content Distribution and Marketing.
- Lead ideation of marketing partnerships to support key initiatives, leveraging partner reach and Nick Jr. ecosystem to drive tune-in, engagement and CP success.
- Partner with International franchise team to ideate global opportunities; and with our Director of Preschool Social and Media, to ensure editorial meets goals for ongoing property support, CP campaigns, and Integrated Marketing.
- Provide property and Brand insights based on research and best practices. Bring analytic eye to evaluate performance data, to inform business recommendations.
- Partner with Consumer Products Lines of Business and Retail Marketing teams to ideate and plan retail & product initiatives that are consonant with the overall corporate priorities.
- Serve as point person for positioning, new series launch plans and ongoing property planning with internal and key external partners.
- Direct management of the property marketing budget, ensuring effective and economical allocation of resources.
- Lead the creation of cross-department presentations and resource materials.
- Supervise Manager and support staff.