Viacom Corporate Communications is seeking a dynamic, driven team player with excellent written and oral communication skills for a Corporate Communications Director position reporting to a Vice President in Corporate Communications.
The Director will play an integral role on the team, primarily working with Viacom Ad Sales to develop media and communications plans that drive positive visibility for business initiatives across Viacom’s leading brands and platforms. The candidate should be passionate about PR, advertising and the evolving TV/media landscape; a creative, strategic thinker and problem-solver with an affinity for details, an exceptional work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Devise and execute strategic communications plans, media strategies and press materials to secure positive coverage in trade and consumer media surrounding advertising and marketing initiatives, brand campaigns, partnerships and product solutions
- Secure and manage notable speaking opportunities and award nominations to drive executive visibility, company recognition and thought leadership
- Develop messaging and talking points for spokespeople, including media interviews and speaking opportunities at key industry conferences and events
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders on partner initiatives and product solutions
- Build and maintain strong media relationships with top-tier press across multiple disciplines including advertising, entertainment, television, technology, and business
- Serve as writer for senior management
- Create and execute communications calendar that aligns launches, initiatives and corporate milestones with PR opportunities
- Lead PR planning and programming around tentpole events, including but not limited to Upfronts, NewFronts, Cannes and Advertising Week
- Coordinate across departments, disciplines and brands to accomplish goals
- Stay informed on industry news and flag issues and trends for senior leaders in a timely manner