Inspired by the idea of re-imaging our office experience and fueled by the possibilities of new workplace solutions, new ideas and knowledge, our internal Planning & Design Studio is looking to hire new team members. Our studio has a proven track record of delivering groundbreaking spaces for our clients that include MTV, Nickelodeon, VH1, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, TV Land and CMT.
Viacom’s Planning & Design Studio is hiring a Design Project Coordinator who is not afraid of taking risk with a proven record of working in a collaborative environment. We are thinking outside the box and pushing workplace design to attract and retain today’s talent and we need you.
- Serve as Design Project Coordinator to Planning & Design Project Managers and Project Director on Viacom construction projects in New York, both large and small. Responsibilities include:
- Coordination for all phases of design and construction as required, including Programming, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Bidding, and Project Administration.
- Representing Viacom to the outside consultants on behalf of the Planning & Design Studio as required.
- Provide design concepts, which include, research, requesting and selecting samples of finishes, furniture, and fabrics. Obtain pricing and follow up with consultants and internal departments as required.
- Ability to create presentation/story boards and renderings
- Complete pricing and scope drawings for bid and award while coordinating with consultants and internal departments as required.
- Maintain the Project Management Curriculum “Green Book”. This “how-to handbook” is used as a benchmarking, training and reference guide for all P&D’s policies and procedures as it relates to projects & facilities management.
- Organize and maintain the project database and design library by reaching out to industry vendors for updates and presentations as well as keeping all manufactures samples and literature up to date.
- Maintain the Ergonomics program for all Viacom offices and coordinate with the Facilities Group for installation and deliveries.
- Provide a high quality of service and professionalism to the Viacom Planning and Design projects and clients and internal Viacom Core Services team.
- Understand the different Brand identities, culture, purpose and function.