The Live Action Series Development team is seeking a qualified candidate for a Director, Development role. This individual will solicit, procure, evaluate, and develop scripted series -- shepherding projects from pitch through pilot production. The Director will report to the SVP of the department.
- Liaise with agents and managers to bring in new writers, directors and producers with an affinity for the kid/family audience
- Read writing samples and take general meetings with writers whose voices align with the Nick brand
- Bring in pitches and identify potential IP for series development
- Review and evaluate loglines, pitches, treatments, and script submissions, providing clear feedback to guide writers
- Create deal request memos and distribute to appropriate parties; follow up on status of deals throughout negotiation process
- Compile extensive creative notes during all phases of development that provide writers/directors/producers with clear, concise direction.
- Work with the team to identify promising projects on the slate and create decks for greenlight recommendations
- Help oversee all creative aspects of pilot production - from casting through prep and post