Viacom Vantage is a market leading premium offering that enables our advertising partners to more effectively understand and reach their target segments on VMN’s content. The offering is one of the products of Viacom’s investment in advanced Data capabilities and is a high priority area for Viacom. Over the next years, the offering will continue to develop and evolve: the Director MPS Vantage is a key team member who will be part of that future growth.
Leads several areas including vertical/category specific end-to-end client management, VMN data sales strategy/product development, Vantage go to market strategy, and Vantage tracking and materials organization/communication streams with Data and Sales teams. The Director/Sr. Director reports to and supports the VP in all key areas listed. They also will work hand-in-hand with the Vantage Managers.
Ad Sales Support for Vantage Product
- Act as an internal/external resource for ad sales on all things Vantage.
- Work hand in hand with all relevant internal/external groups including MPS teams, Data Strategy, P&I, Operations, IM, etc., to ensure any Vantage deal-related issues are promptly resolved.
- Communication and education - provides ongoing Vantage updates, materials, and education to ad sales teams on the evolution of Vantage product and the market/ competitors overall.
- Manage requests and priorities for Vantage pitch proposals and assess the best strategy to pitch clients which will be broken out based on 10+ verticals/categories.
- Answer client RFIs and ensure VP of Vantage Sales and EVP of Ad Sales Strategy approve of the client and the approach to ensure client interest.
- Act as Vantage lead for sales team in all GY6 processes for pitches containing Vantage proposals.
- Management of internal/external onboarding of clients pre/during/post Vantage campaign across every step in the process to ensure a seamless workflow with all touchpoints and teams.
Liaison Ad Sales – Data Strategy
- Collaborate constantly with VP, MPS teams, and Viacom Data Strategy, so that Ad Sales best leverages Viacom’s advanced data capabilities; and Data Strategy receives ongoing input from Ad Sales on advertiser needs and priorities.
- Manage Schireson requests to sales team for onboarding of clients which will be broken out based on 10+ verticals/categories.
- Manage and adapt the development of the evolving Vantage onboarding process to create most efficient and effective operations procedures for clients.
- Educate Data Strategy team on Ad Sales environment, common practices, vertical differences, product needs, and operations process.
Vantage Process, Materials, Tracking
- Strategize and develop Vantage go to market strategy and the market-facing pitch materials for Vantage each year with VP, Vantage marketing, and Velocity.
- Translate data strategy into digestible insights and strategic plans – to cut through complexity in order to create clarity and simplicity for clients.
- Develop the Vantage team site archives/folders for all Vantage clients materials, proposals, etc.
- Assess current process and identify areas of development in end to end client experience from an Ad Sales prospective.
- Strategize and help create the approved vertical based pitch list, process guidelines, vertical-appropriate dollar amount/campaign spend sizing, deal process, latest Vantage offering, etc with VP of Vantage Sales.
- Strategize and develop vertical based client target lists with VP of Vantage and SVPs/EVPs/VPs/CPDs of sales team to prioritize the client pitch list and next steps to secure Vantage buys.
- Ensure continued progress of Vantage pitches by vertical/agency/ client on a weekly basis.
- Track status of Vantage deal execution/ phase by client throughout closed, live, and finished deals. Gathers information from the sales teams/ P&I/ Operations. Flags any issues to the corresponding leads and supports finding resolution. Communicates back to Ad Sales.
Communication and Teamwork
- Lead internal kickoff calls prior to a client starting a Vantage campaign for constant communication across all teams: Sales, P&I, Operations, to ensure they are fully informed on process, guidelines, product, etc.; and throughout Vantage deals lifecycle.
- Provide regular reporting to VMN Executive Team and ad sales management on client progress, key questions, Vantage evolution, etc. Develop forecasts, maintain pipeline.
- Manage requests from VMN leadership, Ad Sales leadership, and Data Strategy leadership under tight timelines.
- Attend individual SVP mtgs, channel mtgs, and CPD meetings to keep up to date on clients.
- Share vertical specific data and insights across a portion of the 10+ verticals. Tracking vertical spending (and non-spending), analyze spending and strategy of clients within verticals to ensure we are approaching and pitching the proper clients.
Vertical and Client-Facing Expert on Viacom Vantage
- External meeting resource, attending client and agency meetings with Viacom Vantage team to consult, pitch, ask questions, and take/share notes during the meeting and ensure proper GY6 - prep and pre-meeting agenda is on point – and post-meeting AIs are followed up on, notes are shared and tasks and completed.
- Handle intensive levels of back and forth communication with all key stakeholders to ensure client satisfaction with Vantage product.
- Coordinate all phases of Vantage campaign between Client/ Agency, Sales, and Data Strategy – e.g., ensure all materials and information needed for Vantage deals and studies are collected and distributed between the various internal (Vantage, Sales, P&I, Ops, Legal, S&P, etc) and external teams (Client, Agency, etc..).
- Work with VP and Vantage team to package recap reports for client flighting/quarterly/yearly client wrap ups and upsell/next steps.
- In collaboration with Data Strategy team, act as one of VMN Ad Sales central point of contact for the Datafront event development and execution.
- Attend local data conferences, vertical focused audience data based seminars/webinars.
- Support all sales teams in every region across all clients and agencies, except studio, interested in Vantage.