Negotiate favorable rates and secure rights for material (music & other media) as needed across Viacom Media Networks programming/projects. Work closely and communicate regularly with production, production management and within the business and legal affairs department. Finalize, record, and track rights information and all aspects related to licensing, including but not limited to drafting licenses and payment processing. Function as project leader on special assignments.
- Work across multiple clearance teams on projects assigned by Director. Projects could include long and short form programming for digital platforms, promos, third party productions, in house productions, reclearances and more.
- Facilitate clearance requests by working closely with content producers in researching copyright ownership and by researching rights to pre-existing VMN material as necessary. Negotiate licenses and permissions with copyright owners of music, film, TV, video games, digital content, books, magazines, record label content, artist management, etc.
- License in rights that cover VMN’s exhibition across multiple platforms including digital, linear, social media, mobile, apps, games etc.
- Lead and participate in workshops for client groups, and build and foster good working relationships within Viacom Media Networks and within the licensing community.
- Collect deliverables, including guest/location agreements, license agreements and talent agreements when applicable. Report discrepancies or missing information to Producers and follow up to insure proper completion. Regularly report clearance costs to Production and Production Management via tracking grids and over the phone/via email. Work closely with these areas and proactively suggest cost-saving options and alternatives.
- Vet content prior to posting, (which may entail multiple screeners per program as show changes during the editing process) to ensure necessary clearances are in place and route to VMN attorneys when necessary.
- Review releases and agreements to ensure that they conform to negotiated terms. Maintain contract files and tracking reports for all assigned programs/projects and ensure that licenses are executed and paid in a timely manner. Secure and approve music cue sheets, and show logs (if required) from in-house producers and/or third party productions.