Viacom is seeking a VP, Analytics, Insights and Attribution in the Audience Science division.
The Audience Science team serves as an internal media strategy, planning, activation and analytics team within Viacom. Its client portfolio is inclusive of all Viacom Media Networks and Live Events (e.g. BET, MTV, Nickelodeon, VH1, etc.).
This role is responsible for managing a team that drives a system of data, analytics and technology which sits at the center of all media decisions and ensures efficient ROI. Daily duties include handling reporting and analysis for all Audience Science team media campaigns, ranging from Daily Ad Hoc reports to deeper campaign wrap-ups, plus advanced analysis of media investment across ASG.
As well, this role serves as the key lead on a) the technical implementation and maintenance of ASG’s performance dashboard; and b) BI and data ingestion solutions inclusive but not limited to CDP’s, DMP’s and CRM platforms. The VP, Analytics, Insights and Attribution will also be responsible for discovering new data partners both in technology and consumer information data and be able to merge those sets to both activation and insights teams.
Ideally this individual has worked across both Branding and Direct Response campaigns and is able to wear many hats including; analyst, storyteller, manager and data systems architect.
- Lead the team that handles the daily manual reporting for all campaigns across all media channels ranging from display (desktop + mobile), Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Pre-Roll, Linear, Research attribution studies and more.
- Serve as the main lead on ASG’s Consumer Data Platform (CDP) – inclusive of multiple tech stacks -- that will allow Viacom to gather, store and manage identified 1st party data (ie: live events and registration data) and be able to model and draw insights from those data sets
- Oversee all campaign attribution implementation including day-to-day implementation and of high level digital and linear attribution ROI analysis.
- Serve as the owner/expert on ASG’s third-party data business intelligence marketing hub (e.g. Data Aggregators) with actionable dashboards, closely managing existing dashboards, launching new ones, and leading any data platform migrations.
- Ensure proper structure, protocol, taxonomy, nomenclature implementation for all ASG media investments.
- Ensure the Analytics & Insights and Attribution group is providing in-depth, digestible and visual campaign analysis for all campaigns in a timely manner. Present findings with senior management during client campaign re-cap meetings.
- Attend and/or delegate appropriate attendance for Client Planning meetings to be fully in sync with Client KPIs from the start.
- Establish Benchmark reporting across all media that includes Audience Science media, Entertainment Benchmarks and, where feasible, vs. outside agency performance.
- Establish case studies that can be used to showcase key successes, identify business opportunities, drive creative ideation, and assist with media planning.
- Work directly with Account Services VP, Strategic Planning VP and Clients in answering Brand questions related to reporting and analytics.
- This position will report to the SVP of Audience Science, but will also be expected to extensively support the entire team.
- Work on and/or delegate appropriately ad hoc analytics presentations for team SVP and EVP.
- Effectively Manage a team of 7-10 analysts and data scientists.