Overview and Responsibilities
- Work with SVP of CMT Development to develop and manage unscripted original content for CMT and create development filter for network
- Be lead development executive and day to day point of contact on all assigned projects and series:
- Give specific feedback and notes to production partners on creative at all stages of development- pitches, formats, treatments, cuts, etc. to ensure the creative vision is carried through to final delivery.
- Participate in hiring key cast and crew
- Participate in key creative decisions regarding budget and production
- Attend shoots when needed
- Watch cuts and give notes and attend edits when needed
- Take pitches and scour creative community for interesting material, talent, and ideas.
- Develop and maintain relationships with creative community (producers/production companies, agent, and talent) to identify and develop new projects
- Generate internal development ideas and attach appropriate creative auspices
- Track unscripted industry and competitive markets
- Working closely with other departments, such as Ad Sales, Marketing, Press and Digital, to make sure they have applicable materials and information to promote assigned series.
- Travel to Nashville and shoot locations as needed
- Minimum 7 years experience in relevant unscripted TV development
- Wide knowledge of production companies, showrunners, agents, and talent.
- A proven track record of developing quality content
- Ability to independently oversee the development of a project from pitch to final delivery including overseeing the production of a pilot and/or current series
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills; must be proficient at writing and delivering network notes
- motivated, organized, and a self-starter
- Must be willing to travel, work overtime, and the occasional weekend
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed