Supervisor of character artists and digital illustrators. Oversee the creation and execution of all character art for all properties. Open to candidates in both NYC and LA.
- Execute character art that translates the attitude and values of the properties for off-channel use
- Ensure a consistent presentation of the properties across all businesses categories
- Ensure consistent character modeling
- Explore new design styles and illustrative executions to enhance the properties and grow the business
- Develop a pool of talent resources – both internally and externally
- Educate and instruct all artists in the correct modeling
- Oversee execution of character art
- Critique work submitted by internal and external character artists to ensure high quality of excellence and correct modeling
- Work with creative leads to produce character art for styleguides, packaging, apparel, publishing, and other lines of business
- Collaborate with Animation Studio to build relationships between on-air and off-air creative
- Learn the modeling, styles and attitudes of all characters
- Maintain an awareness of all Nickelodeon animated properties, specifically those slated for franchise status.
- Interface with designers during the creation of styleguides to ensure proper representation of character art
- Oversee and steer creative on any character art/illustration exploratories.
- Position reports to SVP Character Art and Product Development Design