Marketing & Partner Insights (MPI) team is a division of Advanced Advertising that is charged with making the consumer connection with Viacom’s many varied audiences across all platforms by providing expertise in many segments including Kids, Teens, Millennials, GenX, Moms, LGBTQ, Multiculturals, Families and more. We specialize in studies, surveys, data sets, forecasting and metrics that help clients further their knowledge of targets, engagement and ad effectiveness.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing & Partner Insights and Advertising Science, this Director will be a strategic researcher concentrating on Viacom’s young adult brands, which includes MTV, VH1, and Comedy Central. This group specializes in insights, culture and trends related to Millennials and GenZ and the consumer categories that are integral to these cohorts.
- Supervise consumer insights projects working with vendors, managing panels and other internal proprietary resources
- Measure the effectiveness of traditional and non-traditional advertising campaigns in partnership with Integrated Marketing and Viacom Vantage
- Present various research effort on brands, generations, trend and categories, as well as data-driven research to internal and external clients
- Serve as an expert on broadcasting and digital brands, their target audiences, consumer insights, behavior and content consumption
- Be a story finder and a story teller, developing innovative and insightful initiatives that competitively position and distinguish Viacom on-air and digital brands in the marketplace
- Partner and liaise with sales management on brand strategy and positioning of our properties in the marketplace
- Direct initiatives for internal sales meetings and other knowledge sharing efforts, both proactively and reactively
- Innovatively utilize cross-platform viewership data (linear, digital, and social) to create thoughtful and provocative audience analyses
- Effectively lead, motivate, and inspire staff to maximize their potential and grow to the next level