The Senior Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs for Nickelodeon will provide day-to-day business and legal affairs services for animation and live action programming as well as licensed programming, with a focus on original animation development and production and acquisitions. This person will be expected to handle a heavy volume of development and production matters relating to both “in-house” and third party productions. The position reports to Senior Vice President, Nickelodeon.
- Structure, draft and negotiate, with minimal supervision, a high volume of development and production agreements for animated and live action projects, including development agreements, production services agreements, executive producer agreements, writer agreements, director agreements, co-production agreements, license agreements and rights acquisition agreements.
- Structure, draft and negotiate, with minimal supervision, a high volume of license agreements for acquired programming.
- Provide production legal for varied productions, working with a broad range of departments (Production Management, Labor & Employment/Production Risk Team, Risk Management, Litigation, Music & Media Licensing and Pre-Broadcast Content Review) to implement production legal policies and procedures.
- Advise various departments for the network (Programming, Production, Marketing and Promotion, Rights Management, etc.) in connection with complex business and legal matters.
- Review and analyze chain of title and other rights issues.
- Review scripts and programming for clearances and potential legal risks.
- Develop and create deal structures, parameters and templates and forms.
- Maintain relationships with key managers, agencies and attorneys in the entertainment community.