The Manager, SAP Basis Engineering has overall responsibility for leading the SAP Basis team within a larger unit/function, responsible for managing day to day projects and staff resources. This position ensures that all deadlines are met in a dynamic environment that supports several end user departments.
- Supervises team of Basis administrators and architects. Assigns work, monitors work quality and reviews output.
- Coaches, motivates and guides team members. Provides the technical oversight and leadership necessary to accomplish the work.
- Works closely with business customers to ensure that goals, objectives and work processes of the group align with the needs of the business.
- Liaises with development teams, infrastructure, security and operations to improve the reliability, security and efficiency of the SAP systems.
- Identifies and recommends resource requirements for the team.
- Develops work plan and priorities for their area. May contribute to the plans for the larger group.
- Design and document administration policies and procedures for the production environment and train the Offshore support team and Helpdesk to perform basic operations tasks on SAP.
- Possesses strong knowledge of SAP Basis technical environments. Serves as a technical resource to those supervised and must have skills to be hands on when required.
- Able to resolve or facilitate the resolution of complex technical issues.