The Agile Team Coach (Coach) at Viacom works with both employees and teams in product, engineering and design groups, by advising on best practices in various disciplines (e.g., Agile, team effectiveness, business deliverables) and removing impediments to success. The Coach fosters a climate of continuous improvement and efficient delivery of outstanding products and code through instilling an environment of shared ownership.
The passions of the Agile coach include: communication, Agile best practices, group dynamics, coaching, mentoring, teaching and overall improvement of the department’s/organization’s efficiency, and influencing cultural change. As a coach, it is imperative to have an insatiable hunger for improving one’s own knowledge of the subject area and a laser-focused drive towards improving existing practices. The coach must also have the ability to observe and articulate current state, with capacity to discern when to intervene and when to let the team find their own Agile path. The incumbent must understand MTS service areas and Viacom brand digital groups from a strategic, functional, and technical perspective, in order to provide the organization with a well-rounded approach that adds value.
- Coach and mentor individuals and teams to discover and implement improved ways of collaborating and developing into high-performing, self-organizing, Agile units
- Mentor and train Scrum Masters to increase their Agile knowledge and ability to propel team maturity through a mindset of servant-leadership and skills of team coaching
- Instill adoption of Agile Values while continuously improving existing processes within the team, with an eye on program and organization impact
- Provide balance of guidance where teams greatly benefit and take ownership of best practices, but are not dependent on the coach
- Drive adoption of Agile mindset and framework best practices in teams
- Proactively pinpoint and work with teams to remove areas of inefficiencies and waste
- Facilitate learning of Agile values and principles as relates to the frameworks in a trusting environment by way of individual sessions, lunch and learns, group workshops, etc.,
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospectives, and sprint demos, where appropriate for mentoring purposes
- Perform ongoing assessment of team and organizational Agile maturity, while coaching towards higher levels of maturity (at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization)
- Use and recommend various tools to advance the Agile practices in the organization
- Advise the Viacom leadership team of best practices and communicate updates, where applicable
- Assist in setting up an Agile framework where not already mature
- Work independently with MTS and Viacom brand technology groups with guidance from leadership
- Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, program managers, technology, and business sponsors