The Creative Director, Comedy Central Brand Creative, will manage, develop and produce highly comedic, pioneering, hilarious, innovative, brand-defining creative that ignites and entertains fans in all the places and spaces they experience Comedy Central.
- Become an integral part of a team of creatives whose goal is to maintain the highest level of comedic sensibility in all promotional materials produced for Comedy Central.
- Translate creative strategies into marketing campaigns intended to entertain and excite consumers.
- Serve as a department liaison, responsible for communication with other internal teams (development, programming, etc.) as well as external partners (show contacts, outside vendors, etc.).
- Manage producers, and yourself, with the goal of creating compelling creative directions, develop groundbreaking creative concepts, and pitch brand-specific ideas that will launch new show campaigns, generate tune-in and engagement, and build the voice and shareability of Comedy Central content.
- Script strongly compelling and comedic campaign concepts and treatments, while also helping more junior writer/producers to write copy and scripts that bring to life the brand and delivers on creative brief objectives and strategies.
- Spearhead production, and oversee junior producers in their production, of all materials produced in support of creative campaigns for CC’s new and returning series.
- Develop original copy, concepts, scripts, ideas and pitches that work within Comedy Central’s voice and tone.
- Lead creative development and inspire a high level of creative standards for all collaborators— working closely with our design/multi-platform/social strategy departments to create a cohesive campaign that translates across all platforms.
- Lead all facets of pre-production — directing and shooting of original promos as needed.
- Deliver compelling, concise and professional creative pitches to both internal and external executives.
- Utilize strong, high-level, conceptual thinking to create work that can be campaignable across all screens.
- Foster and contribute to an environment of collaboration.
- Generate creative that connects to our audience and inspires them to share/watch/talk about Comedy Central.
- Create dynamic, sharable, entertaining, written content for all social channels.
- Live and breathe comedy and view life through a comedic lens.
- Partner and collaborate closely with VP Brand Creative and brand creative peers to ensure concepts resonate, break new ground, meet goals and drive desired results team and brand-wide.
- Push creative boundaries and establish high-level creative, and comedic, standards that resonate with fans and across all screens.
- Bring an original and dynamic dimension to the department.