The Producer, Programming Specials & Events will be involved in the team development and execution of channel tentpole and event production for MTV, VH1, and Logo platforms as both a lead and supporting producer. The Producer will be responsible for day-to-day planning and communication around tentpoles and events, and a candidate for this position will have experience in both short-form and long-form production, from pre to post. They will also be tasked with producing short-form content for each of the networks that acts as ‘stunt weeks’ or lead-up programming for events/tentpoles. This content will be both editorial and integrated for sponsors/partners.
The Producer has the following responsibilities:
- Works with all of MTV, VH1, and Logo’s tentpole production teams in the planning and production of all channel events and tentpoles
- Maintains the constant development and evolution of existing short form content that supports tentpoles to ensure their place in the channel’s identity and show specific creative
- Develops creative for specials and tentpoles that include: packages, performances, marquee talent moments, viral moments, etc.
- Produces, develops, and supports various short-form programming stunts for MTV, VH1, and Logo
- Works with series, music & talent, celebrity talent, and development teams across MTV, VH1, and Logo to ensure inclusion on channel priorities
- Acts as production liaison between MTV, VH1, and Logo departments
- Aligns with the Digital Connected Content & Branded Content Solutions groups to ensure cohesive cross-platform campaigns
- Develops and executes branded content campaigns for a wide range of partners tailored to fit linear and digital creative on MTV, VH1, and Logo’s events and specials