Viacom Media Networks Viacom Distribution & Business Development is the department responsible for negotiating distribution agreements, maximizing revenue, and marketing opportunities from traditional (Comcast, DirecTV, Verizon FiOS, etc.), digital (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.) and new media distribution channels while ensuring that fans can discover and engage with Viacom content on every available device and platform.
This position is a Marketing Coordinator within the Distribution & Business Development division reporting to the Manager. The primary function of this position is to help execute overall partner marketing objectives and strategies in conjunction with various cable, satellite, telco and digital distributors to drive distributor and Viacom revenues, reinforce the value of the Viacom Media Network Brands (specifically Paramount Network, CMT, TV Land) and increase exposure and ratings.
- Assist the Manager in the development and execution of partner-specific marketing campaigns and partnerships across the portfolio of brands.
- Develop creative briefs and manage brand message, image and presence in the routing and execution of distributor campaigns and materials.
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with brand contacts (marketing, programming, creative, research, legal, press etc.) to act as brand liaison and expert to the department and distribution partners.
- Attend brand and distributor meetings to capture and relay important information and priorities back to the department.
- Maintain all distributor and brand information including programming calendars, promotion trackers, marketing newsletters, ratings trackers, Viacom affiliate website, and other relevant Viacom systems.
- Research and identify industry trends that will affect distribution and marketing plans in the short and long-term.
- Collaborate with peers to share best practices and recommend distributor campaigns and opportunities.