Us: The Content Innovation Analytics group at Viacom -- a team of marketing researchers, data scientists, and web developers taking programming/marketing research to the next level. We look at the world of consumer research and never fail to ask, “what else can we learn from this?”
You: a researcher experienced in surveys, transactional metrics (sales, viewership data, digital traffic, etc.), maybe social sentiment analysis as well. Someone who enjoys thinking creatively around methodologies, analytical strategies, and reporting/presentation.
Reporting directly into the team’s Vice President, the Sr. Manager, Insight Analytics will lead the study process end-to-end and will collaborate with a team of data scientists to create next-generation analyses that drive decision-making around content development, acquisition and marketing for Viacom brands including Comedy Central, MTV, Paramount Network, VH1, and BET.
- You will partner with the Vice President to develop questionnaire outlines for large surveys based on study key goals and business use cases
- Guiding junior staff in writing smaller ad-hoc surveys
- Proofreading surveys for proper question wording, syntax and overall survey logic
- Coordinating all logistical details of studies
- Forming positive relationships with and managing vendors, ensuring timely responses and accurate deliverables
Analysis & Reporting:
- You will work with the Vice President in developing out analysis plans based on 1) relevant data sources, 2) business needs, and 3) different statistical approaches
- Organizing and mining data sets using statistical software such as SPSS, Python, R, etc.
- Synthesizing data from multiple sources – such as survey data, syndicated data, Nielsen and Omniture data – and building creative, custom-designed analyses to tell comprehensive stories about the preferences and behaviors of the viewer
- You will be participating in presentations of findings to brand research teams