Marketing & Partner Insights (MPI) team is a division of Advanced Advertising that is charged with making the consumer connection with Viacom’s many varied audiences across all platforms by providing expertise in many segments including Kids, Teens, Millennials, GenX, Moms, LGBTQ, Multiculturals, Families and more. We specialize in studies, surveys, data sets, forecasting and metrics that help clients further their knowledge of targets, engagement and ad effectiveness.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing & Partner Insights, this Senior Director will be a strategic researcher concentrating on Viacom’s kid’s brands, which include NICK, NICK JR., TEENNICK, and NICKTOONS, however will also be expected to be well versed in additional brands to meet internal sales request needs across the Viacom portfolio. This group specializes in insights, culture and trends related to kids and the consumer categories that are integral to these cohorts (such as Toys, CPG Household, Food + Retail).
- Supervise and deliver consumer insights projects working with vendors, managing panels and other internal proprietary resources
- Work independently and proactively on problem solving and creating projects to move business forward beyond day-to-day requests
- Measure the effectiveness of traditional and non-traditional advertising campaigns in partnership with Integrated Marketing
- Utilize creative data visualization techniques to showcase research stories in an innovative and thought provoking way for key internal clients
- Present various research effort on brands, generations, trend and categories, as well as data-driven research to internal and external clients. Added extensive background in creating custom presentations using a variety of resources
- Serve as an expert on broadcasting and digital brands, their target audiences, consumer insights, behavior and content consumption
- Be a story finder and a story teller, developing innovative and insightful initiatives that competitively position and distinguish Viacom on-air and digital brands in the marketplace
- Partner and liaise with sales management on brand strategy and positioning of our properties in the marketplace
- Direct initiatives for internal sales meetings and other knowledge sharing efforts, both proactively and reactively
- Innovatively utilize cross-platform viewership data (linear, digital, and social) to create thoughtful and provocative audience analyses
- Effectively lead, motivate, and inspire staff to maximize their potential and grow to the next level
- Stay informed of industry news, emerging resources, measures and be the go-to source/resource for Ad Sales