Senior Manager, Sales and Business Development, will participate in the development and execution of Distribution & Business Development’s sales, distribution and marketing strategies that support Viacom Media Network’s efforts to drive incremental revenue and to secure media value through the distribution of Viacom television content and industry leading brands. The Senior Manager will be a part of the Sales and Business Development team and will work collaboratively with their team(s) to manage MVPD and SVOD accounts, seek new distribution opportunities, and will help maximize partner marketing initiatives that support sales and distribution efforts – all while building and maintaining strong relationships with distribution partners. Position reports to VP. Travel required within the U.S.
- Support VP in the development and implementation of sales distribution strategies, including partner negotiations, through managing internal relationships within Distribution & Business Development (e.g., Strategy, Operations, Partner Marketing, Business & Legal Affairs, Finance)
- Act as part of a team to collaborate with key internal executives in the development of sales and marketing strategies that drive distribution and marketing initiatives. These plans will capitalize on sales opportunities, support channel priorities, and help drive client-focused revenue and distribution goals.
- Account lead for selected distribution partners and provide comprehensive account service by developing excellent working relationships with key contacts at various levels and by knowing the existing agreements and partner specific data.
- Responsible for the sell-in and implementation of sales, marketing and advertising sales strategies by building, maintaining and supporting customer relationships in order to best understand their needs and business priorities to determine how Viacom can best help drive business goals.
- Understand and anticipate industry trends that will affect network distribution and marketing strategies. Provide market research, competitive analysis, market strategies, and develop sales stories in support of Viacom’s goals. Present to the team relevant industry developments in advertising technology, such as TV Everywhere and VOD, or other emerging platforms. Provide strategic insight into these topics and offer solutions back to senior management.
- Source new partnership opportunities and communicate to internal executives to ensure Viacom is able to capitalize on new business strategies that align with Viacom’s goals.
- Proactively work with Business Operations team(s) to ensure all Viacom content/assets are delivered to partners on a timely basis.
- Represent Viacom Media Networks and reinforce the value of Viacom’s portfolio of industry leading networks at client meetings and industry events and influence clients about Viacom’s unique brand proposition(s) to help them sell through to customers.
- Accompany clients to special events, when necessary.
- Liaise with and provide feedback to Partnership Marketing as they assemble and develop promotional plans to ensure the plans are highly valuable to the clients. Help create and review all sales and marketing materials to ensure customer needs are being met and help to develop or leverage tie-ins to VMNs national initiatives to create value with affiliates whenever relevant.
- Provide ongoing marketing opportunities to build strength, awareness and client value for all VMN brands. Create merchandising ideas that build brand value and create visibility and demand for VMN products.
- Manage, track and measure the results of sales distribution efforts, contractual compliance, and marketing partnerships and assist in the overall tracking of partner reporting, data collection and analysis for key accounts.
- Manage team Coordinator and mentor junior team members, as applicable, providing on-going development and coaching and employee feedback as necessary, including year-end reviews.
- Perform specific projects on as needed basis.
Viacom Digital Studios is seeking a Supervising Producer to join the digital arm of BET. Top candidates will demonstrate a passion for content development, video production and a proven track record of leading a project from its earliest starting point through to delivery. As part of the BET Digital team, the Supervising Producer will work hand-in-hand with Development Execs and Production Management in ensuring that the best possible piece of content is produced and delivered on time and on budget. This is a hands-on role and a problem solving can-do attitude is a must.
Our young, diverse audiences want to watch what they want, when they want. Viacom Digital Studios connects them with the stars, stories and moments they crave with mobile-first, digital content from brands including BET, Comedy Central, MTV and Nickelodeon.
- You will serve as senior liaison between VDS Production and BET Development Executives
- You will collaborate with BET Execs at the earliest stage of an idea to develop content that aligns with the brands overall programming and financial goals
- You will manage the day-to-day creative aspects of physical production for BET
- Works with Producers to identify and craft the best creative workflow for each project within budget parameters
- Work with BET Line Producer to ensure that the project is set up correctly with key hires and accurate resource allocation
- Reviews the production plan with the Line Producer (creative, schedule, budget) for each East Coast BET project with an eye for creative quality
- You will be the interface/point person with 3rd Parties and is responsible for managing the production and delivery of each 3rd party production
- Nurtures up and coming talent and grows the database of up and coming/established Directors, Producers and Editors
- Works closely with the Post Production Manager in post-production decisions and team assignments
- Reviews cuts for each project with an eye for creative quality
- You will lead the Production weekly and identify potential issues before they arise with thoughtful/concise input/next steps
This is a rare opportunity work in Viacom’s innovation lab, where we showcase new technologies in areas such a Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Smart Home, Smart Speakers, Connected TVs, iOT, and robotics. You will be able to work hands-on with all of these devices, curating and crafting demonstrations, and giving presentations to Viacom staff and visitors. You should keep our lab organized and presentable to a diverse group of end users, and you should be comfortable doing everything from equipment set up and clean up to solving small user issues.
We are looking for people with strong presentation skills who love to roll up their sleeves to tinker with gadgets and make things work!
- Act as an ambassador to our lab demonstration areas, greeting visitors and guiding them through presentations of the various technologies being featured
- Insure that all technology and demonstrations in the room are in working order every single day
- Setup new equipment and fix typical operational issues (AV, network, etc…)
- Keep abreast of the latest devices coming on the market, recommending most interesting items for us to purchase for the lab
- Build demonstrations that illustrate the key features of new technologies that are relevant for the media and entertainment industry and for Viacom
- Work with brand teams across Viacom to curate demonstrations of the latest apps being developed for Connected TVs, Connected Speakers, mobile devices, and VR/AR headsets
- Work with Alexa skills and devices such as Harmony Hubs to create voice-triggered automation for controlling devices in the lab
- Create and demonstrate your own iOT and robotics projects enhanced by developers across Viacom as open source projects
Here at ViacomXR, our team mission is to explore product concepts and designs in XR (VR/AR) for brands and teams across Viacom. Our recent works include a Cannes Digital Grand Prix award winning interactive VR music experience with the Smashing Pumpkin’s Billy Corgan, an ARKit sandbox experience for Paramount’s latest Transformers film, and headset AR prototypes for the MagicLeap and Hololens.
You will have the rare opportunity to work closely with a mentor who will guide you through learning the VR/AR software development process. The work setting is a fully equipped working lab environment that also functions as a demonstration area featuring the latest in VR, AR, and mixed reality technologies.
Are you interested in building experiences that may power Viacom's future? Then read on for more and apply if you think this could be the right next step for you.
- Build AR/VR experiences in Unity/C#.
- Push the bounds of emerging VR and AR technologies, developing innovative solutions that can enable new products and patent for Viacom.
- Work in an Agile process to produce code that is structured, well tested, and well documented.
- Research and explore new technologies.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers, giving and taking feedback.
- Be flexible and willing to learn both independently and with other team members.
- Demonstrate new technologies and experiences for others across the company.
MTV Networks & MTV Studios seeks an experienced development executive to join the Original Programming team as Vice President, Scripted. The VP, Scripted will oversee scripted programming for MTV & MTV Studios. They will be based in Los Angeles and report to the SVP, Head of Scripted.
The Vice President, Scripted will play an important role in the continued growth of scripted programming at MTV Networks and MTV Studios. This position will have responsibility in all aspects of development and current programming.
- Oversee a slate of scripted series (including animation)
- Solicit appropriate programming and evaluate new submissions
- Oversee production of shows and travel when needed
- Create and maintain a database of producers, writers and directors
- Maintain strong relationships with the creative community – agents, writers, producers, buyers, animation houses and talent
- Develop MTV properties for sale in the marketplace
- Primary liaison between the scripted department and all other network departments including Marketing, Communications, Talent, Production, Digital, Programming and Business and Legal Affairs
- Develop scripted content to ensure there is a healthy pipeline of fresh and relevant programs
- Work closely with the SVP Head of Original Programming to ensure the vision of all MTV original programming is being realized through the development of quality scripted shows and series
- Attend relevant industry events in television and entertainment content and travel as needed
- Present scripted programming slate internally and pitch show concepts
- Work closely with other departments, such as Ad Sales, Marketing and Digital, to ensure all programming aligns with network revenue and marketing objectives
- Maintain constant awareness of industry trends and keeping up to date on all content related trends and information
- Work closely, collaboratively and professionally with colleagues to jointly meet company-wide goals
BET Networks is seeking a Senior Vice President, Digital Content & Studios. Dually reporting to the President of BET Networks and the President of Viacom Digital Studios (VDS), the successful incumbent will build out the content strategy and execution plan across multiple categories, to extend the BET brand and content in all digital platforms to maximize relevancy, reach and ultimately revenue. From building out new digital channels and franchises, to maximizing existing, this role will lead the reinvention of BET in our digital and 3rd party platforms.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading BET strategic vision and oversee the creative/editorial voice for digital content creation across all verticals, as well as short form branded entertainment.
- Developing and creating content and vertical brands to build audience reach, engagement and BET brand relevancy.
- Maximizing IP to build unique content verticals for todays audience and content consumption.
- Facilitating digital content ideation for tentpole and special events across the network
- Establishing fluid communication between the BET team and the central Viacom team.
- Leveraging functional experts within the Digital Studios, in areas such as Production and Audience Development, to bring “on-brand” digital content to the BET audience every day.
- Serving as the connection point to the Studios Branded Content capability and existing cross-Viacom marketing and sales teams.
The successful incumbent will:
- Bring a passion for the BET brand, as well as previous leadership role within digital media
- Bring in-depth knowledge of current topics that are relevant to BET, and have proven editorial skills leading content at a top digital brand
- Be an enthusiastic team leader with proven editorial and leadership skills, who fully understands the BET audience, and bring a firm understanding of the media and digital business, with experience handling a budget and a large team
- Bring strategy, content creation, management experience as well as the ability to be an innovative and effective leader of creative talent
- Bring a consistent track record of providing timely content across categories that include news, sports, lifestyle, fashion, entertainment, urban style, music, health and beauty, for women and men
- Bring industry leading experience developing video-based internet and mobile products that have been tailored across different platforms
- Bring a track record of selecting talent and industry subject matter experts, as well as be a respected authority in your own right. This executive will work with influencers and secure access to exclusive and original content in various sectors, and ultimately create the vision for BET's digital content and will be the arbiter of what is hot, new and next!
- Be known for strong team leadership and cross-departmental collaboration, have exhibited the ability to bring an organization along with change and/or growth, and have superb communication skills
- Possess a strong sense of urgency, agility and the ability to work in a fast- paced environment, and have facility across sectors and platforms
The Junior Data Science Engineer, Advanced Media Analytics will be responsible for supporting the build-out of new/alternate audience platforms across Viacom Media Networks. In this role, the individual will contribute to innovation in audience measurement, and help discover how VMN content is being consumed across platforms.
- Identify, ingest, and enrich a wide range of structured and unstructured data into datasets for analysis
- Learn to apply statistical and advanced techniques (e.g. segmentation, machine learning) to develop both prototypes and scalable (i.e. efficient, automated) data analyses
- Conduct basic ad hoc analysis, building models, forecasting viewing behavior
- Extensive code development, debugging, optimizing, and productionizing
- Support the development of machine learning pipeline architecture
- Help build out frameworks for quickly rolling out new data analysis for standalone data-driven products and services to support our network of media brands.
- Be able to transform unstructured raw data in to formats suitable for modeling
- Be able to work in teams and collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements
The Discovery Technology Specialist supports the Viacom Legal Practice Support department’s management of litigation, regulatory and investigation related electronic data administration including the preservation, collection and processing of such data as well as facilitating document productions to outside counsel and requesting parties. Responsibilities of the Discovery Technology Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Technical system administration of legal hold, data processing and review software
- Liaise daily with internal teams including InfoSec, Messaging, MTS floor techs, and IT infrastructure to support legally required data preservation and collection efforts
- Support and manage data indexing, data promotion and preparing data for export and/or document production in multiple formats for outside counsel, requesting parties and/or regulatory bodies
- Persistent, real-time logging and status reporting of case data throughout entire eDiscovery lifecycle
The Manager, Special Events role manages aspects of events including, but not limited to: ticketing premieres, will call, red carpet and party logistics. Supports the Vice President, Special Events and Events Director. We are seeking a great “brand ambassador” to join our team.
- Manages involvement of staff, vendors and executives in planning and implementing major events including, but not limited to, premieres, promotional events, internal Paramount events, luncheons and parties
- Brainstorms with Events team and / or vendors, where applicable, to create stunted red carpet layouts
- Works with vendor to create after-party environment suitable for filmmakers, talent and executives
- Manages onsite check-in, VIP seating and set up at after party venue
- Responsible for executing contracts in conjunction with Legal Department
- Assists with external events (examples include but are not limited to: Academy Dinners, Chairman Events, Filmmaker Dinners)
- Creates, follows and reconciles detailed budgets
- Works with all vendors to effectively communicate accurate deliverables
- Works directly with Events Director to ensure all printed materials, invites, talent lists and communication have been handled accordingly and have obtained the proper internal approvals pre-distribution
- Works closely with the Special Events Coordinator, to ensure all theatre logistics are handled prior to event date
- Works with VP, Special Events’ Coordinator (and outside vendors as needed) to ensure ticketing/seating is organized prior to screenings and premieres
- Monitors current trends and venue openings within the entertainment industry / special events field
- Manages vendor relationships in order to stay abreast of what innovative ideas they offer and how they differ from one another
- Updates and manages internal events department calendar used to track department projects
- Travels and is on-site at events outside of Los Angeles area when support staff is needed by VP, Special Events
- Cultivates and maintains effective relationships with key executives and industry members while working with the Paramount publicity and marketing staff, as appropriate
- Ensures the highest levels of quality, thoughtfulness, and professionalism in all verbal and written communication
You will be responsible for leading the Project Delivery function for the Media Technology Services (MTS) project management team based in New York. The position supports a wider Global Project Delivery group and ensures alignment with strategic goals and business priorities for the global organization. The position acts as a key liaison point for MTS partners and teams and ensures cohesion with peers in the wider MTS organization. The position is also a focal point for effective project delivery services to MTS client groups and business partners. Good client relationships and high levels of client trust and satisfaction are key, as is the adherence to global delivery standards to ensure consistency and quality. You will ensure that the teams maintain project metrics to drive transparency in project and program tracking. You will work with the PMO to focus the team on delivery in lockstep with priorities from the Project Review Board and the Business Relationship Management function. Based on client’s needs, you will actively anticipate, shape and articulate client demand and communicate technology strategy, services and projects to direct reports, partners and MTS peers.
This position will provide a holistic view of the projects and services for Project Delivery teams and business units and their associated costs back to MTS and/or business partners. It will also formulate, implement, and facilitate effective communication plans, reduce duplication of effort, handle risk, and provide a consolidated view of all the projects within their respective area, while validating that the investments are hitting targeted return on investments.
Position is responsible for ensuring appropriate management, customer and vendor involvement throughout the life of the associated operations and projects. Position ought to be able to lead change and take active leadership in timely decision-making. In addition, identify issues enthusiastically, resolve raised conflicts, and work across the organization to execute the respective projects and operations.
You directly lead the US-based Project Delivery team and other roles as necessary.
- Ensure that various lines of business, departments and regions are satisfied with MTS project management. services, across the whole range of services provided.
- See opportunities where technology can aid business growth.
- Lead, contribute and/or participate in cross-brand projects and initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with Stakeholders, Business Operations (including brand portfolio leads) and Technical Management.
- Resolve conflict where needed.
- Coordinate participation of different technology and business groups in requirements gathering, specifications, design, development and deployment of key projects.
Business & Commercial Alignment:
- Bridge the ‘supply & demand’ sides of the organization, monitoring service levels and ensuring timely and high-quality service delivery.
- Represent MTS with the affected business units through budget oversight and investment planning activities and vice versa. This includes all relevant capital activities.
- Own program and project budgets and ensure these align to key business drivers.
- Assist the MTS PMO group with governance processes, defining and ensuring practices, policies, standards and process are followed effectively.
- Use appropriate approaches to facilitate cross-team delivery including waterfall and agile.
- Responsible for successful, timely delivery of projects and operational activities within the position’s area of focus.
- Work with SMEs and leadership to reveal and handle dependencies, condust roadmap grooming, find opportunities for efficiency and bring solutions to life.
- Establish a release management and/or scrum program that supports reliable delivery of appropriate MTS deliverables.
- Create and propagate processes for tracking delivery across multiple projects and services.
- Account for the accuracy of sizing and scope of individual projects or programs.
- Monitor projects in the portfolio including landmark schedules and resource commitments.
- Analyze and manage risk, including ensuring mitigation plans and corrective actions are established.
- Ensure change control and risk mitigation processes are established and overseen.
- Ensure all required data for making decisions is complete and available.
- Establish coaching program as necessary to support our Agile practice.
- Communicate project and operations information to executive management, directors, and other key personnel.
- Ensure that key project and operations status, issues, and activities (e.g., software releases, changes of procedure, etc.) are communicated frequently and thoroughly to appropriate MTS and business partners.
- Ensure high levels of communication across the PM teams to build a cross group governance model.
- Ensure project retrospectives are conducted, with results reported back to the project partners and key insights incorporated into future activities.
- Communicate results of ongoing assessments of team and organizational Scrum maturity, where appropriate.
- Assist in creating and communicating Business Plans, Business Cases and return on investment’s for new services and initiatives.
Staff Management and Development:
- Manage and/or guide staff and their effective utilization.
- Mentor staff and conduct/contribute to performance evaluations.
- Ensure staff are getting appropriate targeted training and overall career development.
- Review and approve staff, contract, and freelancer timesheets where appropriate.
- Ensure that all team members understand and accept their roles and responsibilities.
- Occasional travel and willingness to attend late night/early morning calls due to multiple time zones.
This position will work with the Direct Response sales team to track and document all commercial discrepancies. This includes obtaining the necessary documentation and departmental confirmations to support the invoice/rate adjustment.
- Research the discrepancy.
- Implement and document the discrepancies by using the correct reason code and department responsible for the error.
- Track discrepancies and analyze on a weekly basis.
- Create best practices based on the discrepancy researched.
- Point of contact for credit/billing.
Viacom is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories. With media networks reaching approximately 700 million global subscribers, Viacom's leading brands include BET, CMT, Comedy Central, Logo, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount, TV Land, and VH1. Viacom is in an era of rapid innovation, and looking for exceptional talent who have the appetite and initiative for a dynamic, often start-up like environment.
The Viacom Marketing team is a creative and tactical trade and internal marketing organization that will deliver an ‘always on’ marketing strategy for Viacom and its audiences which include Advertisers, Marketers, Distributors and Content Partners, Investors, Current and prospective employees, and all those interested in the collective Viacom Story. This teams aspires to be the most creative marketing team in the industry and requires a leader who will live that vision every day.
It is this team’s responsibility to ensure our trade and corporate audiences know what sets us apart, our strategic vision, and key successes as we deliver upon that vision. The Marketing team at Viacom seeks a visionary Director of Digital Marketing who is motivated by the unique opportunity to build and scale the story of the new Viacom, as we continue to evolve and shape ourselves and the industry. You are both an analytics and performance media expert and a creative and savvy marketing professional.
The Director, Digital Marketing, working with trade marketing and editorial teams, will design and execute B2B performance marketing campaigns across all digital channels. You will be defining and delivering paid and organic initiatives across platforms and working closely with our social media team on our corporate presence across channels.
The Director will have proven experience finding and engaging key audiences online, reporting on campaign analytics, working with social teams and working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
You love Viacom’s brands and embody our values of bravery, empathy, and honesty. The position reports into the VP, Digital and Social Strategy.
- Work closely with the VP of social and digital strategy to design and implement organic and paid campaigns across digital channels, including email, social, SEM/SEO, display, content marketing and more
- Deliver campaigns according to timelines, budgets and in line with agreed upon KPIs
- Own and optimize the digital and social marketing funnel and tech stack from end to end, leveraging analytics to inform shifts in editorial, content, platforms, and messaging
- Define and report on key digital KPI’s to demonstrate an increase in reach, audience targeting capabilities, awareness, engagement and ultimately lead generation on behalf of the Viacom Brand and its key stakeholders
- Work with our audience science team to build campaigns that amplify awareness for and messages around sponsored or hosted events in close coordination with the product/trade/events teams
- Help promote earned media initiatives and wins through paid and organic digital channels
- Drive traffic to and engagement with the new Viacom.com and the brand-new newsroom, inclusive of
o Liaising with internal stakeholders as the media / amplification POC
o Building, delivering, and managing the media plan with marketing team and audience science group
o Creating a regular analytics / reporting and feedback loop with audience science, editorial, social, and stakeholder teams to insure optimization of content
- Work closely with internal creative, editorial, and media buying agencies to develop digital campaign assets and run paid promotions
- Collate and analyze campaign performance, website traffic, and other digital metrics using Google Analytics, DOMO, vendor data and other reporting tools
- Continuously search for opportunities to grow, refine and improve upon our current digital strategy; Review, audit and make recommendations for CRM, social listening, and digital measurement platforms and dashboards
- Partner with the product and trade team to build and maintain CRM database, as well as own digital campaigns involving these contacts
- Support executive profiles and activity across digital platforms, where necessary
- Monitor and evaluate industry players and their digital presence
- Manage digital marketing roles and work closely with social team
You support Worldwide Technical Operations in the review and analysis of content protection systems and content media workflows of third-party licensees to ensure content protection mechanisms are in compliance with Paramount distribution requirements. You analyze third-party content protection system capabilities and identify issues which may impact the security of Paramount content through hands on technical review and develop detailed impact analysis for Sr. Management. Support ongoing WWTO internal system planning and analysis to ensure continued stability
- You conduct content security architecture reviews of content protection implementations by third-party licensees
- Lead and track technical review requests and provide analysis and metrics to Paramount businesses and senior management
- You research and track vulnerabilities that may impact content protection systems, content workflows, etc.
- Research current and upcoming consumer devices and produce detailed summaries and impact analysis
- You support testing activities of consumer devices to validate content protection implementations and provide feedback to Paramount divisions
- Collaborate with Director, Content Technology Standards on policies and update based on industry trends, content platform reviews and feedback from Paramount business divisions
- Conduct application risk assessments of content systems introduced into WWTO ecosystem in partnership with Viacom Info Security
- Participate in cross-industry consortia and standard-setting bodies (e.g., SMPTE, W3C, MPAA)
The Sr. Manager, PMO Operations will be in a highly cross-functional, general management role where she/he is the primary owner to identify strategic opportunities for the team through rigorous analysis and rapid execution of structured solutions. The role will be focused on driving change and governance through PMO metrics and tooling in order to drive the PMO in achieving a higher maturity across Media & Technology Services. The role will interact with all roles across the organization from leadership to the team level to ensure the projects are satisfying their ROI and delivering to their identified objectives. The incumbent will also work in close coordination with the PMO strategy and governance lead on the tool sets to ensure that the data meets their needs.
- Lead cross-functional projects using data and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities
- Examine, report and communicate results of impact and initiatives to stakeholders in leadership and technology teams
- Collaborate with functional management teams and key business stakeholders to design, develop metrics that enable success and change within their departments
- Regularly reviews and evaluates opportunities to improve the project management best practices in order to achieve higher maturity in PPM
- Work with cross-functional teams to optimize processes that support our strategic initiatives and help to build capabilities that support an effortless customer experience
- Develop fact-based, data-driven measurements of business performance in collaboration with management
- Management of the labor capitalization process as well as all communication and reporting
- Analyze and improve existing business processes, presenting data-driven recommendations to executive leadership
- Work cross-functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities
- Management and successful execution of the Project Review Board
- Development and launch of Viacom Six Sigma center of excellence
- Providing project management specific training for the PM community and those within MTS
- Leads the establishment of a project management community of practice to facilitate collaboration and best-practice sharing among project managers and key PMO stakeholders
- Recruit, coach, train and mentor employees
Seeking a highly capable and energetic Retail Sales & Strategy Manager, responsible for supporting and carrying out strategic direction while working towards business goals set by the Sr. Director. The successful candidate will have a knack for managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, be a clear and swift communicator, and have a passion for building strong working relationships.
• Ensure retail strategy documents are updated regularly and disseminated in coordination with retail team feedback, LOB updates, and Franchise information.
• Maintain on-going competitive analysis.
• Project manage the approval process for Retail Strategy documents, and coordinate with other key teams to ensure a smooth execution of the Go-To-Market Plan.
• Maintain a “Retail Program Pitch” calendar, working with the Retail Sales Account Leads to keep a working knowledge of potential pitches & identify possible conflicts or challenges with exclusivities.
• Handle daily communications with Vendor and Retailer partners (Mid-tier), including coordinating sales calls/meetings, sharing sales updates internally, and fielding requests for information.
• Manage execution of store-wide and in-department merchandising programs designed to drive sell-in and sell-through at all designated accounts.
• Create and distribute updated vendor lists and sales/brand presentations to key stakeholders.
• Maintain frequent and consistent communication with internal Lines of Business/Licensing teams on their launch plans an initiatives and update Retail Strategy documents.
• Work with the Sr. Director to build elevated sales pitches & presentations that tell the story of Nickelodeon & Viacom Consumer Products and how our brands help retail partners meet their sales goals.
• Strengthen the sales data collected from retailers by coordinating with vendors, lines of business contacts and internal data systems teams to see higher data capture.
• Oversee the department Retail Marketing budget, including tracking invoices, updating the Retail Marketing team and other key stakeholders.
• Act as project manager handling in-store signage & collateral approvals and routing through designated process, including submitting creating briefs, working with Retailer Visual Merchandisers on project specifications, and routing for approvals.
• Work with Trade Marketing to execute larger events such as sales roadshow meetings and “Studio Swing” entertainment meetings.
BET is looking for someone obsessed with the Internet and Black culture to lead its newly formed Brand Social Team, furthering the brand mission of entertaining, engaging and empowering the Black audience through an always on celebration of Black culture and awareness across the primary social platforms.
The right candidate is aware of the celebrities, influencers and trends in the social space that our audience is talking about today or will be tomorrow, and understands the nuances and sensitivities of engaging an audience in the BET brand voice.
On a day-to-day basis the Director, Brand Social for BET Digital leads the team that is responsible for ensuring that the BET brand is responding to and providing social coverage of the latest trends & events, aggregating the social activity of artists that resonate with the BET Networks audience, and constantly engaging with fans of the brand from BET social handles across the primary social platforms.
The Director, Brand Social also manages the link distribution strategy across the primary brand accounts with the responsibility of increasing referral traffic to BET.com.
- This position is responsible for executing strategic brand social content initiatives including but not limited to:
- Ensuring the BET brand is at the forefront of daily conversations trending on the primary social platforms by managing the team responsible for engaging the audience with impactful creative that strengthens the BET brand position with users of these platforms without compromising brand guidelines or priorities. Including managing the brand response, engagement and coverage strategy to cultural events (i.e. NBA All Star Weekend, Afro Punk Festival, The Grammys, etc) with the goal of generating engagements and/or views.
- Managing and monitoring the calendar and posting schedule of celebrity birthdays, pregnancies, holidays and other prominent anniversaries related to the Black diaspora.
- Ensuring that all assets are created and scheduled a minimum of one month in advance of publish across the primary social platforms.
- Managing and monitoring the brand strategy for engaging with fans of BET Networks across all social platforms, in the comments of posts created by the brand, audience and beyond.
- Managing an extensive real-time listening strategy that ensures the BET brand is aware of news as it breaks in the social space.
- This includes monitoring for negative reactions to editorial and other initiatives not related to BET linear properties.
- Identify current and developing trends across the social platforms and ways that the BET brand can participate, if appropriate.
- Work with BET.com editorial team to manage steady distribution of links directing traffic back to BET.com; including scheduling a 24/7 strategic deployment of links from key accounts across the primary social platforms.
- Maintain calendar and lead outreach for cultural and newsworthy events on behalf of BET Networks, leading team responsible for producing content in real time to be published to key BET accounts across the primary platforms.
- Manage team of social producers and coordinators responsible for maintenance and general upkeep of BET Brand accounts across all social platforms.
- Operate in an urgent, timely, and agile manner.
- Manage brand social content strategy to create platform-specific experiences with non-linear talent visiting BET offices.
- Manage the publish schedule and engagement strategy of Jukin videos across the major brand accounts on the primary social platforms.
- Manage content creation strategy that leverages 35+ year of legacy photo and video IP to enforce daily affinity with the BET brand among Black audience on primary social platforms using Wibbitz CMS and other tools.
- Own social partnership with BET's Corporate Social Responsibility team to manage social support for all brand initiatives, including traveling to events for social content capture.
- Create new revenue opportunities by leading robust ideation for sponsorship concepts around all holidays, seasonal, regional and cultural events not connected to linear properties that will manifest on the primary social platforms.
The MTV & VH1 Insights & Strategy team exists to put consumer and culture understanding at the center of everything MTV and VH1 do. By staying on top of content trends, consulting syndicated research, and conducting ad hoc quantitative and qualitative research, our purpose is to craft guidelines that lead to more meaningful content and ultimate more time spent with our brands.
The VP Insights & Marketing Research provides strategic direction to advise senior leadership and various departments across creative marketing and brand strategy. This position will serve as a key resource for the SVP Strategy & Insights for MTV, VH1 & Logo, working on strategic recommendations backed with qualitative and quantitative research.
What you will do:
- Provide analyses that generate a clear understanding of our target audience, our brands’ perception and marketing opportunities.
- Support the marketing department with audience insights that lead to more effective creative.
- Design, coordinate and execute a variety of testing projects ranging from creative concepts to naming, logos and promotional materials.
- Work on content testing projects related to our digital businesses.
- Help establish KPIs and campaign tracking efforts.
- Oversee the execution of quantitative and qualitative research projects and communicate findings to appropriate audiences, including senior management.
- Consult the latest content and marketing trends through syndicated research resources.
- Collaborate with and lead external research vendors, and serve as overall lead on projects
- Provide cultural context to drive existing and new marketing ideas, assessing viability and recommending optimizations.
- Oversee and interpret brand tracking efforts to assess brand strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Travel may sometimes be required to conduct research across the U.S.
Viacom is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories. Viacom's leading brands include BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount, TV Land, and VH1.
Viacom Distribution & Business Development (DBD) is responsible for the licensing of all Viacom Media Networks content across all traditional, digital and new media distribution channels and accounts for $4 billion in domestic annual revenue.
The Distribution and Business Development Marketing Team is part of DBD and the team combines expert knowledge of distributors’ businesses and Viacom brands to add value to all distribution partnerships. The team is responsible for marketing Viacom assets to distributors, marketing to consumers in partnership with distributors, and leading cross-brand initiatives for over 25 distributors and 10 core brands, while driving innovation in this rapidly changing industry.
Distribution and Business Development Marketing seeks a visionary VP to lead portfolio marketing, trade marketing and client experience initiatives that elevate the Viacom brand and portfolio to both current and future distribution partners. This experienced and passionate brand and trade marketer will be a member of the distribution leadership team and will:
- Synthesize data, detail, strategies and visions from across Viacom’s properties into compelling narratives, materials and experiences for the distribution audience. They must be able to uniquely create, articulate and implement DBD’s messaging and marketing campaigns.
- Develop, implement and execute all portfolio-wide marketing and communication strategies that elevate Viacom’s presence within the industry, showcase the value of our brands to distribution partners and support the departmental and company goals.
- Create and leverage partnerships across network and corporate teams including Research, Global Consumer Insights, Corporate Marketing & Strategy, Press, Social Responsibility, Creative Services, Learning & Development, Ad Sales and Special Events to integrate and promote brand and Viacom-wide objectives into DBD communications and tools.
- Develop strategy and oversee execution of distributor and industry-facing communications and events; including B2B Distributor portal, e-mail marketing, annual distributor “upfront” events, marketing and thought leadership summits, client experience, executive panels and speaking engagements.
- Lead development of Viacom portfolio and positioning presentations, corporate and distribution-specific positioning/press points, videos, programming calendars, research claims, and training and development.
- Lead distribution trade messaging efforts in partnership with Viacom’s internal teams including Press, Audience Science, Corporate Marketing Strategy, and channels to create and amplify Viacom positioning and moments with earned and paid media on digital / social platforms.
- Design, guide and execute internal trainings, offsites and cultural initiatives to elevate the Distribution and Business Development team. Build and cultivate a positive, energetic and collaborative workplace culture while serving as a motivator, problem solver, negotiator, and team leader.
Noggin, Nickelodeon’s preschool online video subscription service, has big aspirations and we’re looking for a Director of User Acquisition. This role is a hands on marketer that can cover a broad set of acquisition opportunities including: search, social, display, video and email. You’ll drive cross-functional efforts across acquisition and lifecycle marketing, working with product, engineering and analytics. You will be a data driven growth marketer that can optimize current marketing initiatives and explore green field opportunities to grow the business. This role will be based out of our NYC office and will report to the GM of Noggin.
- Own end-to-end acquisition strategy and implementation across multiple channels
- Drive acquisition product strategy and roadmap; work with cross-functional partners to prioritize initiatives based on expected impact and effort.
- Lead funnel optimization efforts in tandem with product and analytics
- Define customer segmentation strategy to enable efficient customer acquisition across responsible channels
- Efficiently deploy acquisition budget to hit aggressive budget targets.
- Collaborate with acquisition marketing team members to align efforts and enhance group performance
- Work with Distribution Partners to drive Noggin content and service promotions
- Partner with internal teams to promote the Noggin service on O&O properties.
Noggin, Nickelodeon’s preschool online video subscription service, has big aspirations and we’re looking for a Manager of User Acquisition. This role will drive our user acquisition implementations: develop and implement marketing campaigns, analyze performance, and identify optimizations. Our marketing team covers a broad set of acquisition opportunities including: search, social, display, video and email. You’ll drive cross-functional efforts across acquisition and lifecycle marketing, working with product, engineering and analytics. You will be a data driven growth marketer that can optimize current marketing initiatives and identify new opportunities to grow the business. This role will be based out of our NYC office and will report to the Director of User Acquisition
- Drive user acquisition efforts across multiple channels. Implement campaigns that align w/ ROI goals, strategic initiatives, and industry best practices.
- Lead funnel optimization efforts in tandem with product and analytics
- Define customer segmentation strategy to enable efficient customer acquisition across responsible channels
- Efficiently deploy acquisition budget to hit aggressive budget targets.
- Collaborate with acquisition marketing team members to align efforts and enhance group performance
- Work with Distribution Partners to drive Noggin content and service promotions
- Partner with internal teams to promote the Noggin service on O&O properties.
The VidCon Writer / Producer creates, edits and produces editorial content devoted to engaging the VidCon audience year-round on the web, social networks, video platforms and podcasting services. The Writer / Producer is tasked with writing, producing and editing video, text, audio and image/graphic assets- up to 10 items daily across VidCon’s social and web channels. The ideal candidate will have a strong background creating video, text and photo-driven content across popular social networks, with a concentration on visual storytelling and journalism – vertical and horizontal video production skills and passion necessary.
- Produce content relevant to our three distinct audiences and our 3 adjacent audiences – with an early focus on the community/fan audience
- Create graphic elements that tie into our overall brand messaging
- Assist in developing a unique voice that resonates with our target audiences, but also one that dovetails with VidCon’s broader corporate goals
- Meet or exceed viewership, view and share goals as set by the Content Director and GM
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key content creators at other Viacom properties
- Nurture and grow VidCon community as it relates to posted content
- Own web and social content pages
- Use web and YouTube analytic tools to determine which topics are trending, and create content that will result in views, likes, shares and comments either short term or over a longer period of time
- Use web analytic tools to analyze and report on the results of these efforts
- Other duties as assigned
The Director of International Trade Marketing is a new role designed to:
- align support for all revenue driving departments under one structure to scale and coordinate strategies, resources, ideas and messaging
- ensure strategies and creative being developed from VIMN HQ are created in consultation with, and then disseminated, across the brands, and clusters
On a day to day level, the role will take over the planning and management of trade events (including sales markets), manage client focused events, oversee an international trade calendar, manage Viacom’s international B2B branding [and help manage the Paramount relationship for VIMN Velocity].
Client groups will include Viacom International Studios (VIS), Content Distribution, Velocity, LBE, and Corporate. The Role will dual report into VIS Marketing, and Viacom International Content Distribution Marketing.
- TRADE EVENTS: Plan and organize trade shows (booth, creative, messaging, executive attendance); create materials (including briefs for tapes), entertainment and client events.
- Drive media/ad buys in key international trades and leverage relationships to get added value. Work closely with Communications team to strategize keynotes, panelists, etc. for key industry events.
- CLIENT FOCUSED RELATIONSHIP EVENTS: Drive Event / Workshop Strategy for partners - MVPDs, Velocity + Mobile partners, etc. Partner with local team to execute and organize event.
- SALES MATERIALS AND SALES APPS: oversee the creation of all sales materials, brand decks, product and show sales sheets, sizzles, presentations, etc.
- SHORT FORM (VIACOM DIGITAL STUDIOS INTERNATIONAL): Partner with Vice President to create a full short form sales proposition, including materials, positioning documents, internal communications.
- PARAMOUNT STUDIO RELATIONSHIP: Partner with the Velocity Multimarket adsales team to help manage the Paramount International client relationship (from an adsales/sponsorship perspective)
- The role will bridge the trade activities of two VIMN departments (Nickelodeon, and Content Distribution), which are part of the same overall marketing team; the role will also partner with the MTV and Comedy Central marketing teams to ensure their inclusion in all relevant decision making; the role will have the visibility to ensure alignment across the groups, and ensure communication and partnership across the company.
- The ideal candidate will be a super organized, process driven, and highly creative marketing executive, with a passion for bringing brands to life. The candidate will have a background in organizing large trade events, and managing internal partners to achieve his/her desired project goals.
The role will bridge the trade activities of two VIMN departments (VIS and Content Distribution), which are part of the same overall marketing team; the role will also partner with the Nickelodeon, MTV, and Comedy Central international marketing teams
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries. Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Paramount, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina) and Paramount Channel, reach over 3.9 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.
We are searching for a Vice President, Investor Relations who will be a key contributor to both the strategic and day-to-day operations of Viacom’s Investor Relations program. This position will partner with senior management in the planning, drafting and curating of Viacom’s messaging objectives and initiatives for investors and analysts.
This is a highly visible position that will oversee and execute all aspects of the investor relations function for a Fortune 500 company with revenues of $13 billion and an enterprise value of $22+ billion.
Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to the following:
- Serve as one of the primary points of contact with analysts and investors helping to enhance the Company’s image and reputation
- Build relationships with ~30 sell-side analysts and hundreds of investors
- Communicate the Company’s operating and financial strategy
- Respond to questions and requests for financial and other information in an accurate, appropriate and timely manner
- Conduct meetings and conference calls with investors and analysts
- Develop the IR strategy and execute the IR program in partnership with the SVP and VP, IR
- Oversee the quarterly earnings process and help prepare senior management for earnings calls including:
- Oversee development of Q&A and earnings presentation
- Write script for CFO
- Review press releases and financial filings, providing feedback and recommendations
- Help prepare senior management for investor conferences and investor meetings
- Oversee competitive and industry analysis, including analysis of peer company strategy, financial performance and valuation
- Monitor industry news, press releases and sell-side research reports, briefing the SVP and VP, IR and senior management on current developments
- Continually gather intelligence and information in the marketplace about the Company, the industry as well as peer companies and communicate to senior management
- Understand the Company’s shareholder mix and associated dynamics and communicate key business initiatives and performance
- Oversee shareholder ownership and investor targeting analysis
- Develop an in-depth and comprehensive understanding of the Company’s strategy, financial performance, operations and industry landscape and keep apprised of current operating trends
- Develop a strong understanding of the financial markets including the equity and options markets
- Develop strong working relationships and collaborate with key internal constituents including Corporate Communications, Financial Planning, Financial Reporting and Legal
- Mentor, develop and prepare supporting team members to succeed within the IR group and at Viacom
This is a Counsel level position providing day-to-day business and legal affairs services for Awesomeness, a multi-platform media company that is part of the Viacom family of properties. The role will focus on branded integration and sponsor production services transactions as well as development and production for both scripted and unscripted short form and long form series. The role will handle the negotiation and drafting of a heavy volume of fast-paced matters for production of branded content, sponsor marketing and production services, media sales, and content distribution, including talent and influencer agreements across Awesomeness business lines. The Awesomeness business & legal affairs department works closely with the Awesomeness’ Sales and Marketing Solutions, Production Management, Talent, and License and Distribution departments, among others, as well as the larger business and legal affairs team across Viacom Media Networks.
Responsibilities include structuring, drafting and negotiating talent agreements, including for on-camera services and influencer promotional activities, for the production and distribution of content (including branded content, short-form and long-form and scripted and non-scripted content), production services and related agreements, advertising sales and integrated marketing agreements and distribution and license agreements in all media platforms. Advise and counsel a broad range of client groups representing all various sales and production teams at AwesomenessTV on a variety of complex business and legal matters, including responsibility for, or key involvement in, developing and implementing policies, practices and strategic initiatives across business and legal teams.
We’re looking for a dynamic, driven and creatively savvy Writer/Producer with a knowledge, passion, curiosity and love of Kid Culture. The Writer/Producer must possess the ability to create award-winning promotional content for Nickelodeon’s existing and emerging distribution platforms (including on-air, YouTube, and Social). In addition to strong conceptual thinking, the candidate must have excellent script writing, producing, and editing skills as well as extensive knowledge of all aspects of post-production.
- Conceive and develop strong creative ideas that are inclusive of our multi-platform objectives.
- Oversee projects from inspiration to final delivery, including conceptualizing, writing, and managing editorial, graphics production, music composition and sound design.
- Communicate concepts and ideas to Creative Directors, editors, designers, talent, etc, making sure all elements conform to the brand and the mission of the network.
- Work with Production Management to develop and manage budgets; work with Operations to book sessions; fulfill multiple delivery schedules; and work closely with multiple departments (broadcast, sales, marketing, affiliate marketing) to execute all promotional spots (on-air, off-air, marketing, radio, digital, streaming & social)
- Proficiency/ability to edit in Adobe Premiere
- Work closely with outside vendors (graphics designers, animators, music composers, etc.) when necessary.
- Run audio and video editing sessions.
- Seek out external production sources as appropriate.
- Mentor PAs and/ or APs who may be assigned to your project and organize and maintain paperwork, rundowns, log sheets, music cue sheets, etc.
TV advertising is being reinvented through big data, predictive analytics and other audience segmentation tools that were previously only available in the digital world. Viacom Vantage, Viacom’s data-driven television platform, is at the forefront of this reinvention of TV advertising, and we are offering a select few individuals the opportunity to join our team.
In this role, you will be tasked with planning Vantage campaigns that map to both external and internal performance goals. From target and pricing analysis through to weekly plan optimizations, you will design and implement plans that deliver the results needed to grow the Vantage business.
Overview and Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver deal decision reports (DDRs) to inform proposal generation
- Build Vantage proposals and inventory requests to support Vantage Sales Solutions team in market
- Manage multiple client and Viacom KPIs to deliver optimal plans at both the individual campaign and portfolio level
- Monitor campaign execution and delivery versus proposal expectations
- Manage inventory bank and inventory request process
- Prioritize pricing and planning product scenarios and capabilities required to meet market and business expectations
The Manager of Creative Music and Licensing Strategy will work with SVP and VP to manage the use of music within Viacom content from a creative and licensing Point of View, working closely with Production, Development, Brand Creative, Digital, Social, MML and Business Affairs.
The ideal candidate will have strong creative music supervision skills and a comprehensive knowledge of music, its history, genres, and styles, and must be up to date with current music. This position reports to the VP Music and Media Licensing.
- Liaise between Network execs and external Music Supervisors to execute on the Networks vision for the sound of the shows. Pitch music for projects. Liaise between the Music Department and Production on 360 initiatives (eg; deals with emerging artists for theme songs). Pitch Music Supervisors and Composer ideas for third party productions. Oversee rescoring as needed.
- Music Supervise Viacom content including pilots, series and brand campaigns.
- Attend or oversee spotting sessions with show music supervisors. Review Music Supervisors source music grids, and keep Network informed and updated about deviations from allocated budgets and of any potential rights issues.
- Organize on-camera music needs involving musicians and singers. Oversee music arrangement, pre-recordings, music clearances. Oversee rates, line up, and invoicing for musicians, coordinate engineer and studio availability with production, and handle/oversee hiring of musicians. Check synchronization issues during on camera performances. Ensure that the Sound Team has the pre-record in the correct format.
- Collaborate with Licensing Team VPs and Production teams in the preparation of music budgets. Attend greenlight and music meetings with Production and Development teams. Work with SVP and VP to develop strategies, evaluate rights and implement procedures to work within production budgets.
- Manage Featured Placements – work with record labels and publishers and the internal Production Operations teams to drive the process from start to finish including oversight and management of the promotion of featured placements on air, on digital and across social, artist showcases and create new promotional opportunities across brands.
- Ensure that music is cleared, and rights needed are secured by working with the licensing team when clearing music. Communicate Viacom music policy to producers. Work in tandem with the Music Strategy Group when making deals with labels and publishers.
- Work with composers to create original music for projects. Partner with VP and SVP and Music and Media Licensing team to negotiate deals for theme songs and Composers; mediating between Production teams and Composers for publishing, registration, PRO and physical music delivery.
- Ensure that Productions execute on Network music cue sheet requirements, and other music related deliverables, ensuring that accurate cue sheets are delivered on time.
- Support SVP on Soundtrack and Digital release initiatives.
- Support the Viacom Music Library team on music creation and internal marketing and pitching.
Viacom Digital Studios (VDS), a leading digital content studio focused on young mobile viewers, is seeking an experienced audience development expert to join the Business Strategy and Operations team as a Vice President Audience Development. In this role, you will lead our audience development efforts across VDS working closely with our portfolio of brands (Comedy Central, BET, MTV, Nickelodeon and Awesomeness) to establish guidelines, standard methodologies and facilitate insights across the groups.
You will report to the EVP of Business Strategy and Operations, and influence our strategic distribution on all social platforms, with a strong focus on YouTube. You will be emersed in the world of pop culture, short-form video and all things digital. You will combine a track record of successful, engaged video and social audience growth, data-driven decision-making, a strong POV on the nature of audience behaviors and psychology, how different platforms and formats fit into people’s content diets, and how to gain audience attention and dedication.
- Partnering with the VDS leadership team, research and analytics team, marketing teams and content teams to define and establish the Audience Development strategy/discipline across the studio including:
- Defining process
- Establishing key metrics/KPIs
- Building standard reporting
- Recommending premier tools
- Using data driven analysis to inform all aspects of content lifecycle: ideation, publishing strategies, optimization
- Working with content teams to achieve monthly consumption goals
- Analyzing content across our brands and the industry and identify trends and best practices and facilitate learnings across the groups
- Driving audience engagement and metrics, with particular focus on views and watch-time
- Crafting standard reports and presentations that provide insights and data-driven recommendations to inform content and channel management strategy for internal partners
- Support team with social plans for original digital content
- Coordinates publishing of social content created by multiple internal teams
- Maintains a calendar of production/development/publishing dates for all content posted on Comedy Central social channels
- Extends the voice of the brand by participating in national events, holidays and trend
- Distributes monthly priorities document at the beginning of each month to various teams who have a stake in social promotions
- Provides input on content development and programming
- Maintains social best practices document to internal teams
- Act as liaison with SRPs and maintain partnerships with platforms and other vendors
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, you will be responsible for helping develop and refine strategy for Paramount Home Media Distribution on a worldwide basis. We will accomplish this through in depth analysis and understanding of market, customer, and competitor environments, with the goal of producing insight driven decisions across all levels of business.
You will work effectively across multiple business functions and at various levels of the organization.
- You develop positive relationships with Sr. Management, Sales and Marketing teams and become the subject matter specialist around industry and competitive analysis
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate industry and market trends from a wide variety of internal and external sources to support decision-making and provide business insight
- You conduct thorough analysis of key go-to-market strategies (Windowing, Pricing, etc) and develop effective tracking/monitoring capabilities to support quarterly reviews by the senior leadership team
- Analyze and report weekly new release conversion trends across physical and digital distribution platforms, benchmarking Paramount product against comparable titles to provide actionable business insights and recommendations
- Contribute to market overview presentations at key planning intervals (budget / year-end) and in support of business reviews with key 3rd party partners
- Perform ongoing reporting and analytical projects of varying nature as directed
- Lead team of direct reports
The VidCon Content Director sets editorial direction and manages the company’s content efforts devoted to engaging the VidCon audience year-round on the web, social networks, video platforms and podcasting services. The Content Director is tasked with developing cross team editorial plans, building and maintaining a comprehensive editorial calendar, assigning editorial stories, writing, producing and editing video, text and image/graphic assets, and managing a web producer / editor.
The ideal candidate will have both a strategic editorial vision, as well as an ability to roll up sleeves and create content as part of a two-person content team. The Content Director will also work closely with other groups at VidCon – specifically the conference content team and the marketing team – to align stories, posts and other editorial content to complement other efforts at VidCon.
- Launch, run and grow a year-round content organization within the larger VidCon conference organization
- Develop content plans and editorial workflow and calendars
- Produce content relevant to our three distinct audiences and our 3 adjacent audiences – with an early focus on the community/fan audience
- Manage workflow and output with a writer/producer to create 10+ pieces of content daily across our channels
- Provide strategic direction for our content channels and design
- Create graphic elements that tie into our overall brand messaging
- Develop a unique voice that resonates with our target audiences, but also one that dovetails with VidCon’s broader corporate goals
- Set viewership, view and share goals in partnership with the GM, and report weekly on progress to meeting those goals
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key content leads at other Viacom properties
- All other duties as assigned
Based in NY the VP, Business Relationship Management (B.R.M) is responsible for being the key senior liaison between MTS and the Viacom Brand/business units. They will Partner with business leadership to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit into business/MTS capability roadmaps and priorities. They will think strategically by identifying business opportunities and the best-suited position within the business/MTS partner organization. Working with the Business units they will Identify and integrate the business partners’ long-range plans into business capability & MTS LRP roadmaps and priorities. The focus will be on business value coupled with solutions focused on Legal, HR, Corporate Communications & Finance systems. Specifically focusing on senior management and leadership teams they should have the ability to influence and break down silos within and across an organization and be able to anticipate, shape and articulate client demand whilst communicating MTS strategy, services and capabilities.
- Understand & communicate the strategic imperatives, policies and practices of the business & MTS with the goal of supporting the “One Viacom” strategy
- Meet with senior business & MTS staff to ensure strong partnerships
- Collaborate with assigned business units to identify and develop true business value opportunities, understand their priorities and influence the decision on priorities, road map and timing of initiatives/deliverables
- Actively collaboration with MTS Leadership to consistently apply standards and adherence to set objectives
- Represent MTS and partner with the business unit through budget oversight, strategy and investment planning activities
- Ability to listen, build rapport, and credibility as a strategic partner vertically and horizontally within/across the business unit, as well as with leadership and functional teams
- Oversee and influence the MTS Service Portfolio delivered to the business
- Assist in creating and communicating ROI’s for new services & initiatives
- Identify opportunities where technology can aid business growth
- Assist in sourcing & managing local & global vendors and service partners
- Ensure best practices & policies are effective and are being followed
- Serve the needs of the business by identifying opportunities for the re-use of technology or services across the Viacom as a whole
Viacom is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
The Global Networking team handles the global network & wireless Infrastructure for Viacom Media Networks. This team is looking for an Engineer with Networking expertise and experience leading, developing, and delivering Enterprise solutions. You should excited by the Networking space and both the engineering and operations involved.
Are you excited about media and entertainment and the changes that are happening in the space? If so, come be a part of that change and work on solving problems that will have a global impact.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Implement and run enterprise networking solutions with high reliability and availability
- Introduce new networking technologies or improve existing technologies to transform existing capabilities and services
- Provide networking domain expertise to other teams
- Maintain technical documents for solutions and standard operating procedures such that services are delivered in an efficient and effective manner
- Support of the Viacom global Network, IP and related security services issues, resolve complex system and network issues and outages when needed
- 3rd line support of all Viacom network infrastructure
- Act as technical project manager by preparing project plans, interacting with other departments and guiding IT resources as required
- Keep all documentation (including LAN/WAN drawings and equipment lists) accurate and current
- Industry watching, both direct or through a third party, to ensure the company is aware and educated on new technologies
- Participate actively in engineering and architecture solution peer reviews and solution design sessions
- Vendor and 3rd Party support and critical issues
- Works independently and exercises reasonable discernment with little supervision while providing clear documentation of activities and accomplishments
- Interacts closely with peers and management across all functional teams
This position is responsible for providing legal and commercial support to the sales/business development executives and contract administration, finance and marketing groups of the Worldwide Television Licensing and Home Media Distribution division.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Perform legal affairs functions in connection with Paramount’s television and digital distribution of motion picture and television content worldwide, with a focus on pay TV, basic TV, free TV, SVOD, FVOD, VOD, EST and PPV.
- Handle all aspects of licensing matters, including drafting documents, negotiating all phases of transactions from term sheet to definitive agreement, and consulting on the management and administration of active agreements.
- Assist with matters related to licensing and distribution, including acquisitions, content protection, MPA initiatives, rights conflict analysis and collective management issues.
- Collaborate with, synthesize feedback from and provide advice to commercial, finance, operations and marketing executives.
- Coordinate and liaise with multiple Paramount offices worldwide.
- Provide ancillary legal affairs support to other groups or divisions, as needed.
The Product Owner reports to the Director, Corporate Systems within the Media and Technology Services group. The position is responsible for converting detailed business requirements into technical implementation requirements for software development teams and delivering on these projects. You will have expertise in custom application development using Visual Studio, .NET, JQuery, JSON, REST APIs, Web Services as well as experience in Workflow based application development using Business Process Management tools, preferably using the PNMSoft BPM Suite for customers within various business units within the company. You will also evaluate, manage, configure, customize and implement Commercial off-the-shelf tools (COTS) as per Viacom’s requirements. You will prepare detailed technical requirements based on the business requirements that can then be passed onto a development team. The Application Manager will take a lead role in the introduction of new technologies into the group and/or partner with groups to support projects for assigned business areas. You will work closely with onsite and offshore developer personnel as well as supervise vendor resources. In addition, this role involves the review and evaluation of work performed by developer groups, and monitoring the progress of development against internal Operational Level Agreements. Ideally significant technical knowledge and relationship management is in your DNA. The position will also be required to prepare functional, technical and end user documentation.
- Write software code that conforms to MTS standards for quality and conformity.
- Create software solutions within the parameters of the documented Software Development Process.
- Develop system design with functional and technical specifications to meet customer functionality, customization and integration requirements.
- Deliver software solutions (both vendor and in-house) within the parameters of MTS standards for change control.
- Ensure proper post-implementation support and performance to meet business needs.
- Managing and testing client data, including mapping data, coordinating test files, and facilitating data transfer with client.
- Able to identify and apply new technologies to client solutions and clearly present their benefits and intended outcomes to clients.
- Experience with Agile SCRUM methodology – Setting up Product backlog, User Stories, Sprints etc.
- Participate in build-or-buy analysis and Request for Proposal processes to identify the right business solutions
- Provide guidance and assistance to Business Analysts, Applications users and Support teams on all aspects of application architecture, governance, deployment, training and support, including:
- Capacity and Storage Planning
- Performance Monitoring
- LOB System Integrations
- Power\End user training
- First and second tier support and troubleshooting
- Manage projects from initial concept through final implementation.
- Manage application deployment, training and support projects for MTS so that they are:
- Implemented in line with the needs of the business and its current goals.
- Prioritized to deliver value to the business.
- Assist with development and continuous improvement of Project Management best practices.
- Identify and resolve project related issues, including issue tracking and escalation.
- Assist in identifying resource requirements, both internal and external, for development projects.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring of development resources with emphasis on technical skills evaluation.
- Assist with inputs for the evaluation of budgets for related projects
- Actively participate in applications planning/strategy meetings and provide input on the most appropriate and effective use of applications.
- Provide input to the planning process and plan the tactics for the implementation to meet established business goals; maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and ensure that appropriate technologies are applied and optimized within the functions handled.
- Implement the vision and goals for run software that ties with overall Company direction. Adapt to goals based on changes in strategy.
- May be responsible for or participate in maintaining effective vendor relations.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to handle projects and application portfolio. Assist in evaluation of client responsibilities, resource needs, deadlines, project scope, QA and UAT.
- Serve as an authority on technical issues and challenges involved with the applications used within an assigned portfolio of business units
- Dedicatedly provide updates to internal customers and management team on project status.
- Understand the internal workings, roles/responsibilities and workflow processes within the client organizations.
- Nurtures relationships at the mid-management level to maintain open communications (understanding client issues/risk and opportunities) and ensure Client Partner is aware of all potential issues that may affect the business.
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment with a solid ability to prioritize and accommodate change.
- Clear, consistent, regular communication with all project partners at all levels, including presentations to senior management.
- Handling diverse and potentially demanding business customers with a professional and courteous manner.
- You may be asked to act as backup to Business Analysts handling similar portfolios. For this, an understanding of workload, project priorities and status is necessary.
- Ability to manage on-site consultants and offshore resources.
- Able to successfully manage a portfolio of applications and clients independently.
- Form productive relationships with business owners by listening, clarifying, responding effectively, influencing and advising as appropriate on initiatives within the Global Corporate systems group
Nickelodeon is looking for a Vice President, Head of Production to lead the production team and is responsible for the development of effective advertising content from creative concept to screen that meets the goals of clients and support the lines of business. Specific responsibilities include:
- You will be in control of the production department consisting of Executive Producers, Supervising Producers, Producers, Associate Producers and Production Assistants in the advertising process in relation to producing branded and non branded content.
- You will work closely with creative and production teams regarding assignments and reviewing concepts for production.
- Responsible for presenting budgets and production based on scope of campaign with reference to concepts and pitches.
- You will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with Clients, Media Partners, Marketing teams, Advertising Sales teams, Project Stakeholders and Executive Team.
- Craft an environment of ownership and accountability within the department.
- Build and maintain strong production relationships with Production Companies, Animation Houses, Casting Directors, Editorial, Music Houses and other meaningful production partners.
- Negotiating and reviewing all contractual and budget details with the producers and production partners
- Mentor and provide strong leadership skills ensuring all members of the team are valued and recognized
- Awareness of trends in production and the continuous ability to educate and share knowledge of the production process
This position is responsible for assisting in developing and executing the Industrial Relations strategy and providing effective day-to-day administration and interpretation of Paramount’s collective bargaining agreements as required by Paramount Management.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Assists in the cost effective production of Paramount features, television programs and new media programs through the accurate administration and interpretation of all collective bargaining agreements
- Assists in the cost effective operation of the Studio back-lot through the accurate administration and interpretation of all Collective Bargaining Agreements and creation of tracking systems and polices.
- Assists with the goal of handling of labor grievances by investigating and evaluating all circumstances surrounding a grievance, evaluating the contractual positions, determining the validity and monetary impact on Paramount and negotiating the liability and/or financial settlement with the union representative
- Assists with arbitrations that are not resolved in the grievance process
- Assists with the development of Paramount’s position in the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements
- Identifies and analyzes problem areas of existing contracts requiring revision
- Works with unions and outside agencies in securing interpretations or waivers that are favorable to Paramount
- Oversees the maintenance of all labor rosters including safety training and their respective requirements and ensures their proper utilization as an informational source in response to inquiries posed by the unions and Paramount management
- Provides day-to-day counseling and advice to business partners in the Motion Picture Group, Paramount Television, Paramount Players, Animation and the Studio Group on matters relating to labor relations
- Assists with the goal of handling investigations and advises Paramount management on disciplinary and personnel matters involving union employees and assists in developing and implementing a performance improvement plan, as requested
- Assists in ensuring compliance with the administrative obligations under the Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Assists in training union personnel including supervisory personnel
- Participates as needed in various industry committees
- Assists with investigating audit claims from various Pension & Health Funds
- Assists in providing oversight of outside counsel relating to civil litigation
- Assist in the handling of administrative charges from the EEOC, DFEH, Labor Commissioner and NLRB
This position is responsible for facilitating trailer and footage orders, special projects and servicing of all International requirements for marketing related materials.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Coordinates finance purchase orders and invoicing for all finance related issues
- Coordinates orders with international territories following through to delivery on physical and digital materials
- Supports supervisors with subtitle and graphics scheduling and revision management
- Works with Marketing Services Director on all marketing related servicing budgets
- Collaborates with dubbing team on schedules for dubbing of marketing materials
- Coordinates with finishing vendors on all schedules pertaining to delivery timelines
- Coordinates with post production marketing on delivery of all marketing projects
- Provides quality assurance reviews of localized marketing materials as needed
- Orders office supplies as needed
This position is responsible for supporting the dubbing group within Worldwide Distribution Services.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Raises and releases Dubbing-related purchase orders as needed for theatrical features, nontheatrical product, catalog and TV episodic content
- Processes invoice receipt: reviews, confirms receipt of materials from multiple vendors, and approves for upload to Basware/Invoiceworks systems
- Collaborates with International Legal to track delivery of talent contracts as required for each project
- Posts essential documents to collaboration site and archive inactive project documents to the department shared drive
- Pursues delivery of necessary documentation (On Screen Text docs, contracts) from worldwide vendors and territory offices and tracks as needed
- Coordinates sound editor QC schedule in collaboration with the dub team
- Oversees foreign main title management to include seeking approval for titles, obtaining suggestions, and distributing approved titles to worldwide vendors and territory offices
- Assists in overflow work for Dubbing Project representatives
- Supports Dubbing Manager and Executive Director as needed
- Orders office supplies as needed
This position provides technical support to Worldwide Distribution Services for feature materials.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Raises purchase orders and processes invoices for Worldwide Distribution vendors
- Tracks orders for all localized feature subtitle work
- Coordinates delivery of both original and localized materials into worldwide labs for theatrical distribution
- Manages schedule for scripting and translation on feature and trailer titles
- Assists in updating mastering schedules for all worldwide dubbed and subtitled theatrical release versions
- Attends Quality Control screenings and coordinates QC schedule of all feature versions with vendors and all attendees
- Provides administrative support to department VP, including phone coverage, calendar management, booking business travel, and assistance with special projects
- Orders department supplies, as needed
The Coordinator, Partner Marketing will support the development of groundbreaking marketing campaigns and partnerships for Entertainment (Movie Studio, Video Game, Wireless) advertisers across Nickelodeon Kids & Family networks to maximize revenue goals.
- Support Directors and Managers in all aspects of the ideation, creation, execution and fulfillment of promotional programs for designated Entertainment accounts
- Work with team Directors and Managers and internal creative teams to facilitate on-air creative development across the following brands: Nickelodeon, NAN, TeenNick, and Nicktoons
- Responsible for creating client-facing production schedules, project briefs, obtaining necessary internal approvals (and client approvals on a project-by-project basis) of marketing materials at every stage of execution (concepts, scripts, storyboards, and spots).
- Support development of 360 convergent programs
- Develop ad sales materials including presentations, one-sheets, recaps, reels, etc.
- Write a weekly internal Box Office email on behalf of the department with industry news and highlights
- Conduct quarterly creative analyses of department work
- Research relevant industry activity & share findings with team
- Attend key internal meetings & take/distribute meeting notes
Viacom Ad Solutions is a leading innovative advertising organization that delivers the advertising revenue across all Viacom media brands using cutting-edge research, data, partner marketing, and sales strategy approaches. We work across all media platforms – TV, digital, social, experiential/ live events, emerging platforms; and all audiences – from young kids with the Nickelodeon brands, to Millennials with brands like MTV and Comedy Central; as well fans of TV Land.
Viacom is always on the lookout for fresh talent at the Client Service Representative level to join our MPS team.
The CSR is responsible for supporting one or more sales teams for all aspects of account management during the sales and selling cycle. Maintain assigned accounts on a day-to-day basis after the close of a sale, from order booking through invoice clearance. The position has frequent contact with clients, high level industry executives, and a diverse group of internal constituents. Position is focused on exceeding our customers’ post sale needs, while adhering to all internal policies and processes.
- Build effective relationships at agencies through on-going communication with various departments i.e. Buying, Traffic, and Accounting
- Coordinate with Sales, P&I, and Client Service Management on the maintenance of agency accounts including:
- Upfront and Scatter order entry
- Timely delivery of advertiser schedules/flowcharts
- Input of all inventory adds, deletes, and moves per P&I, and/or client direction (with appropriate approval)
- Maintain schedule changes, both internal and external, including follow-up with agencies
- Product/Brand allocations
- Discrepancy resolution
- Invoice Clearance
- Flight Changes
- Liability tracking
- ADU scheduling
- MSA post analysis
- EDI maintenance for applicable accounts
- Collaborate with sales teams in weekly meetings and though maintenance of account status reports
- Proficient use of WIDE ORBIT and PLAN-IT systems to manage deals
- Support and enhance agency relationships by monitoring requests and ensuring commercial spots are booked according to guidelines
- Monitor BOB and unit exception reports to ensure all contracted dollars are booked and all unschedulable units are placed
- Work with P&I to flight deals, distribute weekly weights, maintain CPM guidelines, manage the effect of program changes on schedules
- Communicates daily with Commercial Operations to resolve any traffic issues and reconcile discrepancies
- Work closely with Billing and A/R teams to reconcile and clear invoices in a timely manner, monitor accounts receivable, and issue invoice adjustments
This Lead Business Analyst, Sales Systems is a seasoned professional who manages all aspects of business analysis from project inception through to delivery and support.
Your primary goal will be to become an authority on all business and system processes for the Distribution Business Development, Integrated Marketing, Marketing Partners Solution, and US and Latin America Ad Sales business areas. You are responsible for supporting the existing applications and handling all phases of application development, including project management, analysis, creation and management of business process design and functional requirements, functional testing, user acceptance testing, and customer rollout for the Sales System application portfolio. This person will be a central liaison between the internal IT department, development and QA teams, 3rd party vendors, and business stakeholders operating within the portfolio.
You will conduct analysis and other activity to ensure that the solutions provided align with and fully support the goals of Viacom. This position requires a high level of analysis, relationship management, independence and multi-tasking. Work with business groups to understand their support needs and ensure that they are well-supported.
- Analysis of requirements and issues, keeping abreast of business initiatives and address potential impacts to systems/operations
- Handles and resolves problems for production support and projects by overseeing all issue resolution progress and tracking project achievements. Works to resolve issues and escalates when required to management so that decisions can be made promptly
- Leads all rollout activities that are critical for support and making projects successful – UAT, business training, documentation, user hand holding, etc.
- Leads requirements gathering sessions to understand and document complex business needs, often eliciting hidden requirements and/or clarifying vague or unclear requirements. Ensures proper documentation, including use cases, and works with the development leads on their functional specifications ensuring customers / stakeholders approve the documentation
- Creates workflow diagrams to document current and future business environment
- Reviews test cases, plans testing cycles, and coordinates all testing activities for all project sizes with the QA Manager
- Develops project plans and handles risk and change management processes Provide timely status on all activities for team, managing scope of work
- Communicates in written, oral and presentation formats to best represent and express user and organizational requirements to audiences up to senior management of IT and the customer
- Collaborates with senior level users to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems or improve existing processes
- Manages conflicting needs and can influence / negotiate across the organization and different stakeholders to drive consensus, including commitments to deliverables
- Effectively and dedicatedly clarifies, sets, and manages expectations including delivering tough messages. Delivers balanced and constructive feedback to client and team members throughout the duration of the project including effectively resolving conflict
- Builds productive networks within IT, internal customers and the vendor community
- Handles vendors work including chasing deliverables and negotiating to achieve Viacom’s expectations
- Identifies and resolves obstacles and risks encountered during the project or program and develops mitigation strategies to address them
- Provides ongoing support to the business by responding to inquiries and system issues, ensuring prompt resolution with minimal impact to business operations. The support requires full analysis of the issues and understanding of the business requirements and process
- Oversight of the Comedy Central YouTube Channel
- Creation and execution of data-driven digital programming plans
- Provides suggestions for strategic optimization on social creative during the content development phase
- YouTube optimization and performance analysis including titles, tags, descriptions, thumbnails and posting frequency
- Oversee the preparation of reports, summaries and plans
- Works closely with paid media team to manage delivery of ongoing advertising
- Great leadership skills
Our Strategic Sourcing team is growing! We are seeking new talent at the Manager level. You will focus on Research and Insights and will identify and lead strategic sourcing initiatives across Viacom business units focusing on all related expenditures. You will deliver cost savings and quality solutions based on close collaboration with business and finance leaders.
This position is located in Los Angeles.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- You support Global Category Managers / Leaders in Developing and Executing Category Strategies and In Fulfilling Sourcing Requests from Business
- Conduct financial, demand and supply market analysis, and work well with business leaders to support in development of Category strategy
- You develop and execute both formal and informal RFP’s in timeframes as directed by Category Managers e.g., develop standard templates, identify both incumbent and new vendors, distribute to vendors; tabulate and analyze responses, support Category Manager in responding to vendor questions, prepare summary tables of comparative results across vendors
- You execute contract renewals and new contracts as assigned. Negotiate the best possible commercial terms while protecting Viacom through use of standard terms and conditions.
- You deftly and effectively process procurement requests from Category Managers – provide optimal results within timeframes needed by the business
- Conduct other (frequently cross-functional) projects as assigned by Category Leader and Manager
- You demonstrate Data Analytics and collect Business Intelligence to Support Development and Execution of Category Strategies
- Support Category Managers with spend data analysis to assess current performance and identify improvement opportunities
- Conduct supply market research and analysis to identify / validate potentially qualified suppliers to meet business needs
- You continuously assemble business intelligence on category-specific sourcing standard methodologies and summarize / share with Category Managers
- Prepare performance scorecards and communicate to vendors
The Applications Support Manager is responsible for configuring, tuning, securing, and monitoring our core enterprise applications built upon, SAP Business Suite 7 (ECC6.0) with SRM, Enterprise Portal, XI, BOBJ, and Business Warehouse (BW 7.0) on Linux/Oracle systems, Windows/SQL. The manager should also be aware of basic SAP GRC processes and knowledge of Solution Manager.
You will also spend a significant amount of time working with the Application Group as well as the EDI, Database, OS, Network, Security, and Offshore Teams helping to handle technical activities.In addition, this role will assist in the design, implementation and support of critical SAP systems.
- Advises on methodologies and practices to lead and plan system capacity based on projected growth rate to ensure system performance remains at acceptable levels.
- You will support the development of practices and procedures to lead technologies based on standard methodology standards. Leads efforts to develop technical standards to support and operate technologies within the system landscape.
- Adheres to the programming standards, naming conventions, and policies as outlined by the company.
- You help in conjunction with the Security Team to define and implement SAP authorization/security policies that permit to respond to the business and to the segregation of duties required to be in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- SAP system troubleshooting and problem solving, as well as day-to-day monitoring and administration of SAP systems
- Perform or participate periodic reviews, audits and updates to the hosting standards, process controls and technologies.
- Provide recommendations and mentorship for the tuning and optimization of our SAP landscape.
- Configure and execute SAP change control functions including the transport management system (TMS) and batch jobs management across our instances.
- Research and provide directions for SAP software corrections including SAP OSS notes and SAP support packages. Lead the SAP router configuration for SAP support.
- Support the installation and maintenance of new SAP front-end installations (SAPGUI).
- You support and train the Offshore support team and Helpdesk to perform basic operations tasks on SAP.
- Upgrading existing Instances and Installing new instances across all platforms.
- Help to build and apply Disaster Recovery procedures to the SAP Installations.
- You may lead or guide the work of other staff engaged in similar functions.
- Maintains currency of knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Participate in 24-hour on-call rotation.
- You work closely with the SAP level 1 and SAP level 2 offshore support to insure SAP problems are responded to in a timely manner.
- Conduct periodic systems checks both on SAP and the operating system for unnoticed and undocumented problems and issues.
Viacom International Media Networks is looking for a strategic finance, economics or engineer professional to support the Emerging Business Team on planning, forecasting and decision making by identifying, maintaining, and evaluating financial information of emerging businesses in new platforms (Apps, Social, SVODS, OTT, Connected Devices, Stores, Telcos, Sites, etc).
The Emerging Business team supports the company in entering the next generation of video, multiplatform business. Our emerging businesses are experiencing extensive growth across the region, and you will join a highly visible team detecting, evaluating, prioritizing and accelerating emerging businesses in new platforms.
This role will analyze and propose 10x projects based on diverse strategies and brands at a pan regional level: advertising, subscription, licensing, authentication and many other business models with Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, Telefe Argentina, Porta Dos Fundos and Paramount.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in projecting “non-linear” P&Ls, analyzing business opportunities and making recommendation (presentations and business plans) with limited information.
Reporting to the Emerging Business Planning Director, the Emerging Business Senior Planning Manager needs to love excel, have great business insight and communications skills and be able to translate that information into innovative presentations. The position offers the opportunity to lead a pan-regional team and acquire in-depth knowledge of the digital video business and emerging businesses in new platforms.
- P&L: Responsible for emerging businesses budgeting, P&L projections and analysis - considering top line and costs estimations supported by different collaborative areas (including Brands, CDM, Affiliate Marketing, LABS and Ad Sales). As an output, final commercial and audience/ viewership goals on a product or initiative basis are defined and new initiatives for new product development are prioritized;
- Special analysis: Supports Planning and Projects team with ad hoc analysis (i.e.: market sizing, impact quantifications, scenarios simulation, ROI analysis, variance analysis - comparing historical results against budgets and forecasts -, etc..).
The Senior Director of Production for Comedy Central will report directly to the VP of Production and is involved throughout all phases of the producing process from development to completion of a project. The Senior Director may initiate, supervise, and control all production matters such as planning, scheduling, budgeting and hiring of key personnel for various projects; is an expert in the field of physical production and assures overall quality of projects.
The Senior Director is responsible for ensuring productions on its team's slate are on schedule, moving forward and on budget but also as they factor into the overall Programming schedule and budget. The Senior Director simultaneously oversees production for multi-platform productions, manages and develops internal and freelance staff, pursues strategic initiatives for the group and collaborates across all groups to achieve shared business goals.
- The Senior Director of Production assumes oversight of projects or assigns them to executives on the team and supervises the work of the Managers, Coordinators and Assistants across the department
- Participating in long range planning and scheduling for Programming and Creative
- Leading and setting department goals for improvement and growth.
- Review and approval 3rd party and in-house production budgets, cash flows and cost reports.
- Developing processes and systems for efficient and thorough communication between network groups and shows.
- Initiating and moderating discussion on conceptual and practical issues with various stakeholders and groups contributing across the company.
- Acting as a liaison between outside Producers and in-house Creative Executives on select current and development projects, assigning to other Production executives as needed.
- Work with BALA Labor to appropriately set up projects and strategize about the best available options for the future.
- Attracting and retaining production companies, line producers, and other key talent.
- Mining competitive data and following trends which might reveal better production models; developing new efficiency and cost-saving plans.
- Continually monitoring all projects in progress with respect to financial, schedule and legal concerns.
- Maintaining constant awareness of industry trends and keeping up to date on all new technology with an eye to incorporating those elements into the Production department and production process.
- Work closely with colleagues to jointly deliver business results
- Managing special projects, whether it be research or analyzing data, including those requested directly by the EVP of Production
You provide director level technical leadership oversight of cross-disciplinary Broadcast Engineering team specializing in complex technical solutions for media delivery, playout, publishing, compression and distribution applications.
Key Technical Expertise:
- Demonstrates broad experience in the detailed design, build, and commissioning of technical systems including linear broadcast playout, video compression, live streaming, content workflow management, content ingest, storage, transformation, IP networks including multicast, WAN video distribution, file delivery and acceleration, with the ability to identify and leverage technical experts in different specialized fields.
- Demonstrates knowledge in baseband HD/SD video, transport stream distribution, video/audio encoding, in-band and out-of-band metdata payloads, OTT streaming architectures and technologies, advanced IP networking including multicast and video contribution/distribution.
- Familiar with Agile project management techniques, capable of managing an Agile team to tight timelines
- Familiar with global file delivery/acceleration products in a media enterprise environment
- Familiar with industry developments in key technical areas of standardization, and can articulate benefits/risks of various technology solutions.
- Exercises judgment and influence on key technical decisions (for example, standards and policies, environment selection, technical solutions).
- Leads multiple Media Engineering projects either directly or through team members. This typically includes:
- Ensuring that projects are on time, on budget and meet the needs of the business.
- Developing or ensuring the development of accurate and thorough budget forecasts at the project and departmental levels.
- Establishing plans that prioritize initiatives, based on an understanding of the needs of the business.
- Ensuring resources and organization structure are in place and operating effectively.
- Anticipating conflicting needs, including interdependencies with other initiatives, and dedicatedly resolving them.
- Integrating resources effectively, including resources under direct control, or by way of contractors and vendors.
- Possesses deep understanding of the business customers including their business objectives, functional processes and interpersonal dynamics.
- Maintains a general awareness of the competitive landscape.
- Maintains an awareness of standard methodologies in the technology industry and implements forward-looking best of breed solutions.
- Possesses knowledge about the business of Viacom, including the key work processes and success factors of different units and functions.
- Transforms Viacom strategies into executable plans and goals for the Engineering team for the next 18 to 24 months, aligning with VP Engineering on key business and technical requirements, standards, and methodologies.
- Leverages Key Technical Expertise to lead a small team of design engineers to implement critical Capital projects to meet the needs of Operations and technical support teams.
- Responsible/accountable for full project lifecycle management of engineering buildouts and cross-disciplinary technical projects, from customer discovery through systems design, build, commissioning and acceptance testing.
- Embodies and exemplifies the key values of Ownership/Accountability, Transparency, Communication and Customer Service
- Owns departmental relationships with third party contractors and systems integrators who perform physical installations in broadcast origination technical centers and traditional IT data centers.
- Accountable for handling established technical and departmental budgets, including adjusting tactical implementation and reallocating funding as priorities shift.
- Mobilizes and facilitates team goal-setting, establishing specific plans, projects and objectives needed to accomplish these goals and ensuring their attainment. Enthusiastically mentors and trains direct reports, to continually improve engineering performance and customer service
- Partners with and integrates across other areas of Viacom Media Technology Services, working with other areas, resolving conflicts and managing competing priorities, to provide a complete solution.
- Interacts regularly with business partners to provide technology solutions; develops strong relationships with business partners and staff to develop solutions collaboratively.
- Balances and negotiates the needs of multiple users and communicates the business advantages of various technical solutions.
- Forms productive networks with internal and external business partners.
- Seen by business partners and MTS colleagues as a key resource to raise problems and to receive guidance and complete solutions.
- Communicates clearly and precisely with all levels of the company.
- Works autonomously to implement and achieve objectives for their unit(s), seeking guidance to ensure alignment with global strategies and organizational objectives.
- Actively develops the talent in their area, co-constructing performance goals, objectives and development plans; and providing ongoing constructive performance feedback.
- Delegates work and monitors work quality for particularly complex or sensitive tasks.
Viacom Global Consumer Insights is responsible for developing a deep understanding of Viacom audiences around the world, then disseminating those findings within the company and beyond. Through multi-country research and insights initiatives, we support all Viacom corporate teams. We collaborate with consumer insights teams in the US and abroad to champion regional findings and coordinate global results, contributing to Viacom’s vast audience expertise.
The Viacom Global Consumer Insights Team, is seeking an enthusiastic Manager, Global Consumer Insights to lead certain consumer insights projects and support others on behalf of Viacom Media Networks’ suite of brands Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, BET. The Manager will help support the team responsible for providing consumer-driven insights on the rapidly changing, complex media landscape and will work on projects covering a wide range of topics that could span new content distribution models such as VMVPDs, Direct-to-consumer and mobile video products, emerging technologies such as smart assistants, VR, 4K, as well as off-screen experiences and much more. The position requires excellent research skills and superior attention to detail as well as the ability to see patterns and connect insights among consumers. A passion for media is a must. The role will be based in New York.
- Work with the Director to design, field, coordinate, analyze and disseminate qualitative and quantitative research projects including surveys, focus groups, online research, ethnographies, and trend analyses
- Work with the Director to support the overall business in insights projects as the expertise center through best practice and thought leadership; where required, act as project manager for primary projects when called upon
- Create insights presentations using both primary and secondary data sources (e.g. Hub Entertainment Research, Parks Associates, eMarketer, MRI or other third-party research vendors) that tell compelling, strategic stories about consumer behavior
- Serve as a valuable resource for consumer trends, attitudes and media behaviors
- Assist with evaluation, training, access and roll-out of current and future syndicated research tools, subscriptions and insights systems used across the company
- Execute on some delegated RFP processes and administrative tasks for primary research projects including Purchase Orders, Finance and Legal
- Work closely with brand and international teams to leverage developments, systems and processes where possible as well as roll out information/projects