BET Digital is looking for an individual who will be a key part of the OnTV/Social team to lead the audience development strategy for BET on the YouTube platform. The ideal candidate is a creative, data-driven marketer that is certified in YouTube channel growth (among other YouTube certifications) with a proven track record of developing audiences and increasing engagement on the YouTube platform. This individual will be focused on increasing subscribers, video views and engagement on BET Networks’ primary YouTube channels.
- Develop a deep understanding of the BET YouTube channel audiences and formulate audience growth strategies based on campaign performance and cohort analysis.
- Partner with editorial and linear teams on the publish schedule of digital original and linear content.
- Maintain content calendar for BET YouTube channels, including following up with content owners to confirm scheduled content is delivered in a timely fashion to allow for captioning prior to publish.
- Work closely with content and distribution partners to ensure that YouTube links are available for promotion across other social platforms.
- Community management across the BET YouTube channels, including engaging with the audience in the comment area of posts, creating community posts and YouTube Stories.
- Managing third party resource to assist with video uploads, tagging and thumbnail creation.
- Work in sync with Viacom Piracy team on content ID strategy for original linear and digital content.
This position will provide senior level leadership and direction for the Human Resources function at VMN Networks located in our West Coast Hollywood office including but not limited to MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Ad Sales and support services such as Business and Legal Affairs and Finance. As HR Director, you’ll act as an advisor and collaborate with the business on all people related issues. You have a profound ability to relate to people and rapidly build high performing partnerships and influence across the business. You create and inspire trust and openness amongst colleagues and clients. The individual will have exceptional HR Generalist functional knowledge and experience and will be a primary point of contact supporting employees and managers on a full range of HR services
- Responsible for senior level decision making and day to day management of operations
- Serve a consultative business partner, provide guidance, direction, expertise and lead HR processes, programs and policies, including but not limited to employee relations, performance management, coaching, leadership, talent development and career planning
- Build successful relationships across the organization and develop a detailed understanding of business needs
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and employees in order to effectively solve problems and provide recommendations
- Act as a trusted partner to oversee human resources and employee relations matters, providing support to management teams, working with legal counsel, HR leadership and other key stakeholders on the identification, escalation, risk mitigation and resolution of issues. Partner with centralized investigations team when required.
- Responsible for interpretation of headcount data, movement, salaries and funding in partnership with the HR team and Finance
- Conduct compensation analysis with Compensation department to ensure organizational equity and to manage costs
- Solve problems, understand the underlying challenge and coach managers and employees on resolution ensuring appropriate and timely corrective action. Provide insights to decision making
- Partner with business on all key talent decisions providing HR advice, consulting and expertise
- Work with business partners to identify critical factors influencing turnover and engagement
- Provide ongoing and proactive coaching to employees and managers
- Strong collaboration and partnership with Talent Acquisitions on recruitment and onboarding
- Assist in the facilitation of top talent discussion with leaders and drive on-going follow-up and updates
- Develop high performing and strong partnerships with Human Resources team throughout the organization to identify best practices, share knowledge and work together on continuous process improvement and efficiencies
The Director of Positioning and Presentations-Ad Sales and Partner Marketing will be responsible for promoting Nickelodeon’s unique value proposition within trade marketing collateral. Specifically, the Director will serve as the subject matter expert and brand liaison for the company’s Ad Sales and Partner Marketing departments – ensuring the teams are armed with the latest information and documentation needed to attract and secure business.
- Direct the positioning of Nickelodeon’s sales offering in an effort to clearly communicate and differentiate the company’s unique value proposition to advertisers and agencies.
- Anticipate, initiate, direct and execute trade marketing materials on behalf of Nickelodeon’s Ad Sales and Partner Marketing teams, including strategic presentations, one-sheets, sponsorship packages and more.
- Lead targeted partner marketing efforts, including newsletters, client gifts and premiums, designed to deepen our relationships with top advertisers and agencies.
- Work closely with Nickelodeon’s Marketing, Events and Corporate Communications teams to frame Nickelodeon’s presence in trade press, at industry events and via advertising.
- Partner with the Manager of Consumer Products and Retail Marketing on cross-departmental projects in order to streamline efforts and ensure consistency of message.
- Help execute internal marketing and communications programs designed to drive awareness of department initiatives and increase information sharing across teams.
The BET Networks Corporate Communications Vice President position will develop Corporate Communications programs that shape awareness, attitudes and perceptions for BETN and its employees, consumer press, trade media, advertisers, industry executives and Viacom Corporate/Viacom Brand partners. The person in this position will implement corporate communications strategies along side the EVP, including external consumer and trade industry media pitching and outreach. Work on issues management, internal/external events and internal communications efforts, along with the support of corporate responsibility initiatives. This position will report to the Executive Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs.
- Develop relationships with BET Networks executives to create and execute internal and external communications strategies that express the company’s vision, values and thought leadership
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders including media (TV, print, online, blogs), employees (in other BETN departments and Viacom), outside industry organizations, and influencers
- Oversee the Pitch process and placing stories on the BET Networks brand, executives, shows, specials and initiatives
- Oversee and develop process around press releases, talking points, scripts, Q&As, briefing documents, fact sheets and other press and company materials
- Support the Office of the President through implementation of strategic press initiatives and supporting internal and external events and activities
- Help manager and support company’s overall corporate initiatives (e.g. attending events/activities and working with Event Planning and Corporate Relations, Ad Sales, News, Digital and/or Marketing teams)
- Develop strategy for Identifying key speaking opportunities for executives and manage speaking engagements, sponsorship opportunities and participation in industry conferences
- Partner with Viacom’s communications team and leverage internal channels to share BETN stories (e.g. Viacom blog)
- Develop internal communications (e.g. memos, announcements, boilerplates, executive bios) oversee and assist in managing employee events (e.g. Corporate Town Hall, executive presentations)
- Identify potential (crisis) communication problem areas and recommend viable best practice solutions
- Run weekly meetings and update key stakeholders on progress of projects
The Consumer Marketing team leads marketing strategy, tactics and audience engagement for Nickelodeon series, tentpole events and TV movies.
This team is responsible for defining network objectives, identifying target audiences, surfacing relevant research insights, and developing show positioning that guides the creation of all marketing pertaining to the show. The team develops and executes custom marketing programs across on-air, off-channel digital, social, and experiential.
- Facilitate the development and execution of off-channel TV, digital, social, and out-of-home media campaigns by creating briefs, delivery specifications, and assisting with the creative review of all campaign materials
- Serve as point person for internal creative teams and project management on the development and trafficking or campaign deliverables
- Coordinate show-specific promotional activities, including but not limited to: event activations, influencer partnerships, co-branded content productions and promo shoots
- Apply and articulate a strategic approach to marketing for our target audiences
- Identify and ideate successful approaches to innovative, cutting-edge marketing
- Create informative one-sheets, presentations, recaps, and documents for use in presentations to team members, show creators, executives, and external partners
- Supervise interns and department assistant on projects, providing direction and resources for development
- Be a champion for our consumer, our brand, and our properties to ensure that all work reflects a kids point of view and maintains the integrity of our creative IP
- Reports to Vice President, Consumer Marketing
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in almost 100 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 20 consecutive years. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).
Viacom is home to the leading portfolio of global, multi-platform entertainment brands, such as MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and AwesomenessTV. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. We continually work toward having a vibrant culture that champions creativity, innovation and inclusion.
This role will be a key member of the Marketing and Partner Insights team, with an expertise in digital research. The position will support the Ad Sales Solutions team, responsible for a portfolio of media platforms (including video, VOD, social media, etc.) using primary and syndicated research tools/methods. The ideal candidate will have as solid understanding of the digital media landscape including multi-platform viewing, advertising formats, consumer behavior, and advertising receptivity. This position will support measurement functions and competitive reporting as they pertain to Viacom as whole, as well as across all network brands.
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), is comprised of many of the world’s most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Channel, VH1, VIVA, COLORS, Game One and Tr3s: MTV, Música y Más. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
Principal responsibilities include managing the financial planning process for VIS organization. This role requires an autonomous individual to work/manage with various groups around the Americas – Argentina, Brazil, Mexico & Miami. This role will manage the central revenue and expense support for financial recognition, forecasting, reporting, internal analysis, etc. The candidate filling this role will be tasked with organizing & reporting full P&L performance across all groups to various audiences, including sales team, marketing, senior management, & corporate finance. This role will also require an individual capable of setting up and enforcing Viacom policies & procedures & liaising with various finance teams across VIMN.
- Forecasting & Budgeting
- Partner with Sales team to develop and update Biweekly Revenue forecasts
- Develop forecasts for all VIS expense depts. & adjust based on actual performance throughout the year Review, analyze & report VIS revenue and operations budgets
- Upload budgets to forecasting system
- Prepare budget cash analysis and provide to Finance head in charge of Cash flow for region
- Submit required reports for LVPLAN reporting according to the Planning calendar
- Improve VIS forecasting practices for both revenue and operating expenses.
- Provide support to Sales teams for CRM system
- Review contracts to assure they adhere to GAAP guidelines
- Maintain record of deals not in CRM system (Content Sales)
- Ad hoc analysis & Project work (20%)
- Partner with Finance Head, CDM and IPS Senior Management for Revenue Analysis and presentations
- Long Term Planning Analysis
- Liaise with Cash/Billing/Treasury teams to resolve any outstanding receivables or Billing issues
- Work with systems and Business Intelligence teams to spec and implement reporting Dashboards for Sales team / Finance team
- Prepare Executive VIS Financial presentations
The Product Manager, Ad Platforms plays a critical role in ensuring that Viacom has the needed technology and product offering to support its global digital advertising businesses. This person plays a key strategic, consultative and operational function to ensure that Viacom is able to monetize its digital products via a scalable suite of high quality ad offerings.
- Lead agile product development for advertising specific platform capabilities, playing a key role in the process of shipping and operationalizing features that drive revenue and operational efficiency
- Act as lynchpin in assessing and resolving technical, product and operational issues while working to implement systematic processes and tools that improve support, quality and KPI visibility
- Develop deep partnership with program management office to manage project and program budget, resource allocation and delivery
- Identify and drive delivery of new platform capabilities that improve the ad product offering, drive increased revenue yield or improve operational efficiency
- Facilitate communication across the organization on product specs, feature sets current projects and upcoming priorities - help communicate technical concepts through a business lens
- Manage critical third party application partnerships, evaluate new partnership opportunities
- Maintain deep familiarity with digital ad tech ecosystem in order to act as a subject matter expert internally, understand and participate in the development of industry standards
The Editor/Producer will lead social video production efforts for the MTV Brand Social Media team. This role will report to the Director of Social Media and Fan Engagement and mentor a junior editor on the team. They will deliver social first videos for a variety of platforms on the digital/ social landscape including Facebook, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Twitter and YouTube. The Editor/Producer will also develop new video franchises, as well as provide video support for company initiatives and tent poles such as the Movie and TV Awards and VMAs. Specific responsibilities include:
- You will produce and edit short form videos and content for MTV’s social media platforms
- Conceptualize new social video franchises and series
- Produce segments with celebrity talent, as needed
- You will direct camera/ production crew to ensure footage is collected properly for our specific platforms
- You will source clips from MTV’s vast video archives and repurpose for new video packages
- Mentor junior editor by providing direction and initial notes on edits
- Work with Production Technology team to ensure projects are crafted, maintained and archived correctly on the shared network servers
- Act as a liaison with Design Teams to incorporate key graphic elements and deliverables, as needed
- You will be responsible for timely delivery for the projects they work on as well as the junior editor
As a key member of the Acquisitions team, the acquisitions manager will be responsible for managing the submissions process for all incoming content, partner management, working alongside the Director, Global Acquisitions, Finance, Content Management and the Legal department in order to help the smooth management and execution of all contracts, invoicing, deliverables, dubbing, titling and all other paperwork in an efficient and timely manner. The Manager will be the point of contact for the international programming team’s queries, managing how all of the information from central feeds through to them, regarding deals, deliverables and budget recharges. They will also work alongside the Director of Global Acquisitions managing all third party partners ensuring scheduling, ratings and marketing materials are shared as necessary.
Screening, reporting and cataloguing of materials:
- To catalogue, track, review and write screening reports for all incoming submissions. Following this to present appropriate submissions to Director and SVP, Global Acquisitions for review and eventual presenting to IPC group (International Programming Council). To right all rejections where appropriate and catalogue responses. To maintain timely turnaround of submissions and responses.
Manage contract and payment process:
- Partner with legal regarding contract drafting and execution, track and update on status. Process and manage invoices and payment, working closely with Finance in order to make sure payments are met. Filter relevant rights information to share with programming teams internationally. Manage, document and maintain a database of rights information, backend information, payments and contract status updates.
Manage Acquisition department process and inquiries:
- Be the point person for all inquiries regarding third party acquisitions; manage schedule information and feedback to commercial partnerships such as Mattel, Lego
- Manage information on all third party acquisitions with international programming teams, ensuring that all information is shared to support roll out and planning
- Offer support to SVP in creating presentations for IPC off sites, mipcom reports etc
- Manage and Maintain records for re-licences and supply information on a quarterly basis
- Invoicing, titling and Ian content page creation and ensure this is done correctly and in a timely manner
- Regularly survey the competitive landscape across all platforms to help inform decisions around future acquisitions
- Present findings to SVP, Director and IPC
Partnership Management responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors once deals are finalized. Hold regular meetings with partners to align priorities
- Provide Programming, Promotional and ratings information to partners to ensure a meaningful and successful partnership
The Program Scheduling Manager will report to the Sr. Manager of Programming and will also take daily direction from the Sr. Director & VP of Program Scheduling. You will manage and execute operational responsibilities related to the scheduling of Paramount Network Linear Domestic, Canada & Caribbean.
Program Scheduling & Operations Responsibilities:
- Work with Program Scheduling team to execute schedule and revisions to linear program schedules – Domestic, Canada & Caribbean
- Create and update episodic metadata in PTS for originals, acquired series and movies
- Handle scheduling of all acquired series
- Track and maintain Canada and Caribbean movie rights
- Manage monthly movie timings and screen end credits
- Manage network SharePoint site; uploading docs and working with creative on artwork
- Prepare necessary NOC documents and contingency for sports related live events and tentpoles
- Upload high profile events to NOC SharePoint site and update as needed
- Track end credits for all long-form content – originals, acquired series and movies
- Screen, research and create episode schedules for stunts and events
- Download and save all originals & acquisitions deliverables documents to corresponding folders on the shared drive
- Enter & update off-the-clock times in PTS when needed
- Actively participate in user acceptance testing and training for WhatsON scheduling software
- Train interns as needed
- Assist Sr. Manager with composing cover email & distributing linear schedules – domestic, Canada & Caribbean - internally and to all listings providers
- Serve as point of contact for listings services & ensure external press listings are accurate and up-to-date for all premieres
- Communicate scheduling information to acquisitions distributors
- During originals premiere cycles, send weekly NOC high profile email(s)
- Maintain program scheduling email distribution lists and SharePoint access
The Franchise Planning team is responsible for managing the life cycle and investment needs for global Nickelodeon priority properties and franchises targeting preschoolers (Kids 2-5) and kids 6+, including but not limited to SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Nick 90’s, Slime and Jojo Siwa; and Sunny Day, PAW Patrol, Butterbean’s Café, Dora and Blue’s Clues.
The team develops long-range property plans (2-3 year) focused on key strategies and tactics that will support generating exposure, increasing engagement, driving Consumer Product sales and growing the overall strength of the property or franchise.
Franchise Planning works with all departments within the Nickelodeon ecosystem to drive execution of the property plans – including but not limited to Production, Consumer Products, Press, Programming, Creative, Talent, International, Consumer Marketing, etc.
For PAW Patrol this is a global role where you will assist in managing the franchise plans and strategy for all key territories.
Our mission at Nickelodeon is to make the world a more playful place. We are searching for a Senior Manager, Franchise Planning – Nick Preschool to help us deliver on that mission by developing plans that inspire our fans to play, engage and discover something new with our IP. This role is a fantastic opportunity to work with beloved IP, work on a global scale while helping to develop long-range strategies, and support property initiatives to ensure continued growth of these key franchises.
This position reports into the Sr. Director, Franchise Planning & Partnerships.
- Lead day-to-day execution and project management of multi-platform strategic plans and the individual campaign components, ensuring alignment with key internal stakeholders, agency partners, vendors, etc.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of internal, trade and consumer-facing materials, such as external property and sales decks, cross-department presentations, one-page summaries, timelines, sizzle reels, and newsletters in support of merchandise sales, property planning and business development.
- Support long-lead franchise planning process for all priority franchises under the oversight of the Sr. Director.
- Own all aspects of recurring meetings with internal stakeholders and select meetings with external partners – agenda setting, effective meeting management, dissemination of key updates/next steps, etc.
- Work with Coordinator and project management to review and approve partner content and communications to ensure alignment with brand guidelines (providing brand input for non-merchandise such as in-store retail activities, online and print advertising, and commercials)
- Work with Coordinator on all OTG activations and marketing executions (via NEX, etc.)
Viacom’s Distribution & Business Development department negotiates and manages carriage agreements with traditional cable operators, new digital partners, and wireless distributors to bring Viacom programming to your TV, computer and mobile devices. We are seeking a self-motivated, experienced coordinator who thrives in the midst of change and disruption.
The coordinator will work directly with the Manager, Director, and Vice President of Distribution and Business Development to support account management and new sales efforts.
- Work in tandem with Manager on client management, including account documentation, research and competitive analysis
- Provide strategic research, competitive analysis and market strategies in order to build sales stories and client decks
- Attend both internal and external meetings and provide team with updates
- Serve as liaison between Partner Marketing and the client’s Marketing team in order to meet annual marketing commitments by ensuring strategy and execution moves forward efficiently
- Project manage executing operational requirements for new deals by working collaboratively across departments including Operations, Legal, Finance, and Marketing
- Support team to ensure compliance with all contractual obligations through auditing and regular surveillance
- Responsible for maintaining data integrity for accounts in Distribution and Business Development database, including client and market information
- Build revenue and data analysis for digital performance and usage
- Opportunity to independently rep and manage small cable accounts, which can include presenting to clients and attending industry events
- Strive to become an expert on the ins and outs of the team’s accounts in order to bring valuable knowledge to negotiations and other high-level projects
Summary of Job
Responsible for all aspects of supporting one Vice President, and one Senior Counsel and one Counsel (“Supervisors”) in Business and Legal Affairs
Essential duties and responsibilities
Legal Assistant (“Assistant”) is responsible for drafting standard letters, amendments, agreements and distributions for Supervisors, screening and transfer incoming calls with a positive attitude and high degree professionalism. The Assistant will manage all mailing, faxing, maintaining of files, and faxing of correspondence. The Assistant will also input, revise, proofread, and redline documents while maintaining a highly organized, efficient, and logical filing system of all documents for working and archival purposes. He/She will also manage all scheduling and booking of conference rooms and placing multi-party conference calls for staff meetings and for Supervisors, as well as maintaining departmental lists, calendars, and contacts. Assistant will prepare travel and expenditure reports, order supplies, prioritize the Supervisors’ daily schedule by coordinating appointments and scheduling meetings among parties with demanding calendars.
Under supervision, the Assistant will have the opportunity to oversee various ongoing projects relating to the department
The SVP of Research & Insights will be responsible for developing, executing, synthesizing, and leveraging research, analytics, and other sources of insight to inform the senior management of MTV, VH1 and CMT, including the President, and senior leadership in programming, development, press, marketing and scheduling. The ideal candidate is an extremely experienced Media Research professional with a deep knowledge of, and passion for media, entertainment and consumer insights. This person will synthesize insights from quantitative and qualitative data to provide expert guidance on brand/franchise performance and multi-platform viewing. Reporting to the Chief Research Officer, this individual will lead a team with varying levels of experience and be a true partner to the MTV, VH1 & CMT executive team.
- Help the networks strategize future growth; develop market and brand positioning; build powerful programming and scheduling strategies; and build Nielsen ratings.
- Understand, track, and feed back to the organization a holistic understanding of the audiences of MTV, VH1 and CMT, and the health of these brands.
- Turn business issues into the right research questions. Pursue and guide the best research approach through qualitative and quantitative consumer insights initiatives to drive excellent, impactful insights that move strategy forward and enable decision making at MTV, VH1 & CMT.
Have deep knowledge of and passion for the television and digital landscape, and be a representative of the consumer to the networks President and strategy team.
- Be the research insights and data partner to Marketing to provide relevant audience insights for positioning, targeting and engagement, creative development, media planning insights, pre-launch awareness/intent-to-view tracking and post launch effectiveness analysis of our key franchises.
- Design and deliver consumer and content insights to Content Development and production teams, and partner with them as their audience experts.
- Manage the pilot research process to help the team better predict performance.
- Work closely with the Press group on their messaging about show launch positioning in the media and performance highlights.
- Manage proprietary online research panels and vendor partners
- Analyze industry dynamics in order to formulate robust and timely strategic planning.
- Bring findings to life in innovative ways and communicate insights both internally and externally.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Programming team to maximize linear and multi-platform performance, as well as monetization of all content.
- Ensure delivery of meaningful in-person and written insights on programming trends, performance, the competitive landscape, and audience behavior to inform strategies.
This position is responsible for managing various projects and processes in Television Digital Mastering.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
* Prior to the start of any project, oversee planning discussion with effected parties to ensure understanding of the scope and timelines required.
* Work directly with licensor, TV Production, Distribution and Delivery Groups to create and maintain mutually agreed upon schedule.
* Support the creation of high-level Archival and Production Master assets in order to service all territories and markets.
* Basic understanding of the TV localization process. Support the creation of foreign audio and subtitles assets for worldwide distribution.
* Manage expedited post production timelines that allow for the creation and delivery of domestic and international assets to networks and OTT companies.
* Manage, communicate and status due dates of required elements.
* Clear and constant communication with all parties regarding any schedule or delivery changes or updates.
* Liaise with post production to take possession of final episodic assets.
* Schedule 100% QC of each asset received, review all QC reports and resolve all technical issues in order to prevent future client rejections and to maintain high quality servicing standards.
* Work with TV post production or licensor to obtain approval, fixes or sign off on final assets.
* Manage delivery of completed assets to digital archive; ensure they are logged correctly and accurately.
* Create purchase orders and work orders for mastering related activities.
* Reconciliation of actuals against budget with explanations for the variance.
* Match up invoices to purchase orders for final approval.
* Work with department management, studio clients and vendors to ensure that all technical specifications are maintained to best practices, and that all technical documents are updated and communicated when changes are made.
* May be assigned to various tasks and projects, as needed.
The Project Manager, Localization Mastering, will be responsible for overseeing the localization process of titles and projects for international exploitation.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
* Creation of high-level Archival audio and subtitle assets to service all domestic and international downstream markets for features and trailers
* Communicate details regarding available and newly created assets
*Manage all localized assets as outlined in the Master Order, meeting the needs of all relevant divisions within the company. Including but not limited to text documents, dub cards, and language/territory road map
*Oversee mastering of trailers for assigned titles, including audio & subtitle orders and final HDR approval
* Manage production workflows at and across all audio, subtitling and QC vendors
* Work directly with all Distribution, Production and Acquisition groups to ensure proper and timely delivery of original assets
* Communicate and Manage project scope and timelines with mastering team Project Managers and relevant parties
* Manage and communicate updates, status changes and issues that will impact the delivery schedule due dates to ensure that any impact to clients is avoided or communicated expediently
* On-site supervision of picture and/or audio mastering activities to ensure process/project specifications are completed accurately for each language
* Analyze QC reports, troubleshoot problematic assets, and resolve issues
* Deliver and track all final assets to archive related systems, ensuring they are logged correctly
* Project level budget creation, tracking & variance reporting
* Create purchase and work orders for mastering related services based on the approved budgets
* Reconcile invoices and purchase orders for final approvals and processing
* Liaise with internal and external studio clients to ensure projects are completed accurately
* May be assigned to various tasks and projects, as needed
Overview and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for detailed management and research of various digital archival assets. The primary responsibility will be to oversee the daily procedures pertaining to the rejection of digital files, conformance review projects, work closely with internal groups as well as external vendors for the coordination, movement, review, quality control, replacement, and updating of all metadata for all internal systems.
- Oversee the creation and delivery of both domestic and localized media files, including but not limited to: encoding video masters, ordering foreign audio conforms, subtitles and creating fully built localized video masters.
- Work with various departments internally and externally with vendors to receive orders, manage progress, write purchase orders, troubleshoot problems and deliver files under tight deadlines.
- Handle rejections from television and digital distribution clients including, but not limited to: Netflix, Hulu, Apple, Amazon, HBO, Canal+, BSKYB, and other worldwide distributors.
- Review conformance between video, audio and subtitle files, review and update subtitle files with missing characters, order and replace corrupt files, update and replace audio files with dropouts, etc.
- Contribute to improving interdepartmental logistics.
- Assist the department in project management during high volume projects.
- Assemble and distribute title information to various groups within the studio.
- Coordinate delivery of finalized assets and metadata to archive, ensuring materials pass QC.
- Learn proprietary asset-management and scheduling systems (Xytech, ALIAS, OPIS, GPS, Prism)
- Manage input/update of title information and metadata within aforementioned systems.
- Create and manage large encoding, audio and subtitling orders.
- May be assigned to various tasks and ad hoc projects, as needed.
The Nickelodeon Consumer Products team is seeking a Manager, Accessories. Specific responsibilities include:
- You will manage the day to day business for the Accessories team
- Building and maintain relationships with all key licensees by holding ongoing business updates
- You will field requests from and provide updates to all the retail development teams on an ongoing basis
- You'll have contractual responsibilities including drafting amendments, renewals, and new contracts when needed- entering into DM/Nick Central
- You will participate in the quarterly forecasting process such as sending requests to licensees, chasing missing submissions, and analyzing the major increases and decreases quarter over quarter
- You will coordinate creative 101's with new partners
- You will meet with NCR (Nickelodeon Creative Resources) regularly to ensure that all licensees are adhering to the terms of their contract and brand strategy guidelines, as well as using the latest creative style guides
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of targeted presentations either to pitch new partners or to provide business updates to current ones
- You will act as the liaison with the wider licensing team on a regular basis to capture business updates and share business updates
- You will regularly attend trade shows and social industry functions where applicable
- You will assist in the preparation and the development of licensee/partner presentations for summits and/or trade shows
- Analyze white space in the market- new products/categories we can enter to expand beyond the current business
- Monitor competitive properties and keep up to date with industry news
The Advertising Science team sits within the larger Advanced Advertising organization at Viacom, supporting the entire Ad Sales organization across the Global Entertainment Group and Kids and Family clusters.
At the core, we are a data-driven solutions team that leverages data science to create strategic efficiencies and empower our ad sales teams with innovative offerings. We are passionate about developing data products that not only get utilized across the company, but also get talked about in the press for innovation.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our ambitious, multidisciplinary team to help architect, build, and maintain our cloud-based data infrastructure and ultimately accelerate our development and deployment of data products. S/He will be responsible for supporting product development for key ad sales research solutions and initiatives, and in addition to the team’s Product Managers, will also support the data needs of three Sr. Data Scientists.
- Build distributed, high-volume data pipelines to power new product features based on analytics and machine-learning
- Build applications that are AWS-ready
- Identify and solve data pipeline issues as they arise
- Serve as point between Advertising Science and MTS (IT/Cloud-Engineering department) in support of our data products
- Develop, test, and maintain data architectures to ensure data availability
- Work closely with external product vendors to set up back-ends of Advertising Science products
Viacom is home to the world’s premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
We are searching for Senior Procurement Buyers to join our team in our Hollywood offices!
You are responsible for identifying the sourcing strategy and procuring Viacom goods and services. This includes oversight of policies, governance, and mechanisms to enable improved spend management, while driving annual savings targets and improved efficiencies. This position will take an active role in establishing lower-dollar value/less-complex contracts with suppliers for the timely acquisition of goods and services.
You will partner with partners, sourcing, and suppliers to dedicatedly execute spend sourcing plans. You will be expected to build positive relationships and execute leading practices, applying them across Viacom’s categories.
- Socialize and administer sourcing policy and rules of engagement with business partners
- Operate as the decision maker relative to execution of sourcing strategies including RFx, multi-bid, direct negotiations, etc.
- Operate as sourcing lead for low-dollar value/less-complex spend for products and services inclusive of financial viability analyses, market research, supplier risk, and negotiation plans
- Educate requesters on sourcing standard methodologies, capabilities and overall value to business
- Partner with eSourcing and Supplier Management resources to capitalize on eSourcing tools and integrate vendor performance into decision-making
We are seeking a Vice President, Counsel to join our Corporate Transactions Group within our Business & Legal Affairs team. In this highly visible position, you will lead all aspects of domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, equity investments and similar transactions for Viacom and its subsidiaries, as well as handling other general corporate and departmental matters. You'll be reporting into Viacom’s Vice President, Senior Counsel, Corporate Transactions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with Viacom’s corporate development, tax and accounting teams, divisional business teams and specialist lawyers in connection with review, analysis and implementation of potential transactions
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with senior management within corporate and divisional client groups
- Leading outside counsel and internal business and legal teams in connection with execution of transactions
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating confidentiality agreements, engagement letters, letters of intent/bid letters and term sheets
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional agreements, including purchase/sale agreements, joint venture agreements, and related commercial agreements
- Running due diligence reviews and preparation of related memoranda
- Contributing to the maintenance of internal knowledge management initiatives, including a precedent document database, form agreements, and CLE presentations/training initiative
The Marketing Manager – Bellator MMA will assist with all Live Event marketing campaigns including but not limited to sponsor activations, promotions, advertising trafficking and more. This person will report to and support the Vice President, Live Event Marketing with marketing strategy, creative and campaign execution. A key element of the Marketing Manager’s responsibility will be maintaining positive and productive relationships with all Bellator MMA national sponsors, ensuring that all contractual elements are delivered properly and maximizing partnerships on a local level in markets that host Bellator MMA events through activations.
- Create, manage and execute all local live event market Sponsor Activations
- Fulfill all contractual elements of national sponsors (tickets, meet & greets, merchandise, promotional materials, etc)
- Media Buying and Traffic all ads for live event marketing campaigns
- Monitor all promotional execution to ensure that correct creative and assets are delivered and used. This includes venue, media and sponsor partners
- Collaborate with marketing team on all live event marketing campaigns and other company initiatives
The VidCon Content Director sets editorial direction and manages the company’s content efforts devoted to engaging the VidCon audience year-round on the web, social networks, video platforms and podcasting services. The Content Director is tasked with developing cross team editorial plans, building and maintaining a comprehensive editorial calendar, assigning editorial stories, writing, producing and editing video, text and image/graphic assets, and managing a web producer / editor.
The ideal candidate will have both a strategic editorial vision, as well as an ability to roll up sleeves and create content as part of a two-person content team. The Content Director will also work closely with other groups at VidCon – specifically the conference content team and the marketing team – to align stories, posts and other editorial content to complement other efforts at VidCon.
- Launch, run and grow a year-round content organization within the larger VidCon conference organization
- Develop content plans and editorial workflow and calendars
- Produce content relevant to our three distinct audiences and our 3 adjacent audiences – with an early focus on the community/fan audience
- Manage workflow and output with a writer/producer to create 10+ pieces of content daily across our channels
- Provide strategic direction for our content channels and design
- Create graphic elements that tie into our overall brand messaging
- Develop a unique voice that resonates with our target audiences, but also one that dovetails with VidCon’s broader corporate goals
- Set viewership, view and share goals in partnership with the GM, and report weekly on progress to meeting those goals
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key content leads at other Viacom properties
- All other duties as assigned
The Senior Director of Production for Comedy Central will report directly to the VP of Production and is involved throughout all phases of the producing process from development to completion of a project. The Senior Director may initiate, supervise, and control all production matters such as planning, scheduling, budgeting and hiring of key personnel for various projects; is an expert in the field of physical production and assures overall quality of projects.
The Senior Director is responsible for ensuring productions on its team's slate are on schedule, moving forward and on budget but also as they factor into the overall Programming schedule and budget. The Senior Director simultaneously oversees production for multi-platform productions, manages and develops internal and freelance staff, pursues strategic initiatives for the group and collaborates across all groups to achieve shared business goals.
- The Senior Director of Production assumes oversight of projects or assigns them to executives on the team and supervises the work of the Managers, Coordinators and Assistants across the department
- Participating in long range planning and scheduling for Programming and Creative
- Leading and setting department goals for improvement and growth.
- Review and approval 3rd party and in-house production budgets, cash flows and cost reports.
- Developing processes and systems for efficient and thorough communication between network groups and shows.
- Initiating and moderating discussion on conceptual and practical issues with various stakeholders and groups contributing across the company.
- Acting as a liaison between outside Producers and in-house Creative Executives on select current and development projects, assigning to other Production executives as needed.
- Work with BALA Labor to appropriately set up projects and strategize about the best available options for the future.
- Attracting and retaining production companies, line producers, and other key talent.
- Mining competitive data and following trends which might reveal better production models; developing new efficiency and cost-saving plans.
- Continually monitoring all projects in progress with respect to financial, schedule and legal concerns.
- Maintaining constant awareness of industry trends and keeping up to date on all new technology with an eye to incorporating those elements into the Production department and production process.
- Work closely with colleagues to jointly deliver business results
- Managing special projects, whether it be research or analyzing data, including those requested directly by the EVP of Production
We are looking for a detail-oriented and hard-working Producer, Social Media and Fan Engagement to join the channel and own the social profiles of our exciting tentpoles and high-profile television shows, as well as develop original content and digital video for the brands
and talent. You will control select accounts across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat and other platforms and deeply understand the audiences they attract and cultivate.
- Managing the social media presence for multiple Paramount Network shows and tentpole events
- Working toward shared goals (including engagement, video views and ratings) around the launches and airings of linear tv shows
- Developing original digital and social content for Paramount Network, TV Land and the various franchises and shows
- Briefing and teaching talent about the world of social media and best practices for their own accounts and profiles
- Constantly iterating and incorporating audience feedback into new content and messaging
- Traveling to set and on-location when needed to create content, execute on social integrations and meet with producers, talent and influencers
- Partnering with Creative, Consumer Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Research, Press and Development at Paramount Network, TV Land, Comedy Central and Viacom at large
- Swinging big and taking risks while learning from every success and misstep
Viacom is in the midst of a business transformation and we are continually evolving, innovating and building a world-class office of Transformation. Our company-wide strategic transformation programs are focused on changes to our operating model, enabling our strategic priorities, helping to support Viacom’s emerging businesses, and pursuing continuous improvement. Led by Viacom’s Chief Transformation Officer, the Transformation Office is responsible for developing and executing revenue and cost transformation initiatives consistent with Viacom’s strategic plan.
The role of Director, Business Transformation will report directly to the team’s Senior Vice Presidents. You will support the SVPs in driving the financial results and qualitative elements related to the execution of already identified initiatives in the current year budget and helping the SVPs in identifying initiatives for next year’s budget. The team will focus on general transformation initiatives as well as organizational design across all divisions at Viacom, including those associated with sourcing, technology, ad sales, facilities, among others. The position will support the SVPs in detailed analytical work that will require interacting with and having the respect of various business leaders across the organization.
Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to the following:
- Assist in executing already identified initiatives related to cost optimization and revenue opportunities for current budget year across the business.
- Assist in identifying areas of cost and revenue opportunity for the following budget year.
- Data gathering and analyses
- Help create a continuous improvement culture that automatically drives next year’s initiatives on a consistent basis, ultimately to generate multi-year value creation strategies.
- Help translate Viacom’s strategy to transformation objectives, metrics and initiatives.
- Help identify potential gaps and being able to immediately address with additional initiatives.
- Stay abreast of process trends and leading practices occurring in the marketplace and work with management to facilitate strategic direction and process enhancement.
- Effectively partner with Sourcing, Technology, Ad Sales organizations, among others in planning and effecting all initiatives.
- Own the score-keeping of all initiatives for which the team is responsible.
- Link to FP&A and controllership to ensure proper accounting of all the initiatives.
The Public Affairs department is looking for a Department Assistant to provide day-to-day clerical and administrative support for team members, with emphasis on the EVP, SVP, VP and Directors.
- Support SVP and VP in executive travel, scheduling and meeting assistance
- Provide back up to the executive assistant for the EVP
- Provide logistical support required for key meetings involving the SVP including but not limited to preparation materials, scheduling, video-conferencing, room-set up, and catering
- Support the SVP and Director of Public Affairs on administrative matters including but not limited to the office space for the company
- Also as needed, supports the Director of Public Affairs on weekly exec meetings, special events and employee projects to ensure all paperwork, presentations, technical and video needs of the meetings run smoothly
- Maintain the effective operations of the day-to-day office
- Invoicing and tracking expenses on the Market
- Support the SVP’s office with phone coverage and other projects related to the SVP’s office
- Maintain office supplies
- Support staff in department-wide events, conferences, partner meetings and other priority projects requiring “all hands on deck”
Viacom Catalyst– Viacom’s in-house advertising and branding studio – is looking for a Designer.
The Designer’s primary function is to conceptualize and develop top quality corporate and
creative materials for consumers, affiliates, and employees.
Projects include a full-range of branding, print and digital designs, including but not limited to
ads, brochures, digital newsletters, environmental installations, websites, merchandise, logos
and brand looks.
This position works directly with the VP, Design, Design Director and Art Director to review
strategies for work and objectives of new projects.
- Develop innovative graphic design that positions our company and brands in the
most effective way possible
- Work within, and simultaneously push forward the Viacom graphic identity
- Collaborate with writers, project managers, and digital team
- Effectively present work to clients
- Hire and oversee top quality illustrators, photographers and various vendors to
meet the excellent standards set by Viacom
- Develop outstanding work under tight deadlines and tight budgets
The MTV, VH1 & Logo team is seeking a Manager to join the award-winning team responsible for digital content and social media marketing around their biggest events including the MTV Video Music Awards and Movie & TV Awards. Working under the guidance of Directors on this digital team, this role manages content strategy and content production for smaller-scale specials, and assists with aspects of planning and executing larger tentpole projects - this includes management of social accounts, web and content distribution. They have a hand in creative ideation, content conception, development, production and distribution. The position will require candidates to work interdepartmentally across Marketing, Project Management, Design, Integrated Marketing, Communications, and Video Production.
- Building social/digital plans that ladder up to overall marketing campaign; working with marketing and brand teams to incorporating social plans into overall briefs and documentation.
- Produce forward-thinking social media content including social videos, memes, gifs, etc.
- Generate sponsor and branded content opportunities, working with Integrated Marketing reps to develop and execute.
- Managing day-to-day posting/publishing and fan engagement on social media accounts.
- Maintaining quality content and presentation on web sites and social accounts relevant to their projects.
- Creating and managing holistic schedules and timelines.
- Track metrics and usage patterns on all platforms to improve and maximize streams/views and engagement.
The Senior Director, Presentation Design will oversee graphic design of Nickelodeon’s strategic trade presentations. In this role, he/she will collaborate with key business stakeholders to understand Nickelodeon’s content, capabilities and target audience and translate them into compelling creative design.
- Lead a team of designers, overseeing design and managing available resources to ensure a high quality of work and consistency across all projects
- Establish Nickelodeon’s trade presentation aesthetic and lead the design of event and partner presentations and one-sheets
- Create custom graphics, illustrations, logos, infographics, animations and videos for use in Nickelodeon’s trade presentations
- Design printed brochures and leave-behinds
- Design email marketing communications, including newsletters and e-blasts
- Understand and execute all materials in accordance with Nickelodeon’s brand guidelines
The Senior Director, Copy helps oversee and directs the editorial staff, freelance writers and projects on a daily basis. S/he sets strategy, messaging and voice, and provides creative direction to determine what is most effective for each client, marketplace and project across print, video, multimedia/online and merchandise. The ideal candidate provides creative direction to print, merchandise, video and online projects by giving creative and strategic guidance to writer/designer teams. S/he acts as a team leader across various areas to develop solutions and procedures to meet a client's goals and drive the team towards a solution.
The Senior Director, Copy conceives, develops and writes creative print, video, digital and merchandise materials for Viacom corporate departments, including Human Resources, Viacom HQ, Ad Sales, Content Distribution and Marketing, Corporate Communications and Special Events and other internal partners. S/he works closely with VP, Brand Strategy; other writers and design, video and project management staff on the most effective visual and verbal execution of projects, review current materials and meet with clients to present materials and discuss strategy.
S/he works closely with supervisor, senior department members, writers and design staff on the most effective execution of projects, and meets with clients to present materials and discuss strategy. S/he partners with project managers to manage project from start to finish.
The Senior Director, Copy works alongside VP Brand Strategy and Director/Copy Editor to aggregate, assess and oversee freelancers, either in-house or external.
Legal administrative support to two attorneys of the Knowledge Management team for Viacom Media Networks.
All customary legal assistant duties for an in-house legal department, including:
- Scheduling meetings, fielding calls, handling document distribution, handling travel arrangements and T&E, arranging office services (e.g., videoconferences), ordering supplies, photocopying/filing, help organize and maintain records
- Word processing at supervisors’ discretion and under their direction ;e.g., revising, proofreading, redlining, and drafting contracts, letters, decks, cover sheets, memos, corporate housekeeping, reports
You will be a part of the Corporate Research Digital & Social analytics team and will support the day to day operations of data management tools and platforms. The role would help with data validation of new and existing data sources, translate data requirements to internal technology teams, basic ETL processes, and visualization of data. Ideally, you would have experience with digital and social platform datasets, knowledge of the data ingestion process, and experience or familiarity with SQL and databases.
- You conduct data validations and analysis to assess the completeness and accuracy of data
- Assist with data extraction, manipulation, and transformation based on requirements from partners.
- You assist with the maintenance of data sources, accounts, and datasets as it pertains to our data platforms
- Analysis will include cleansing, transforming, validating or modeling data for improving data quality, design and presentation.
- You work closely with internal Research teams, Analytics, and Technology teams as well as external vendors to ensure that data requirements can be met and executed
- Assist with visualizing data creatively and use various data sets/metrics in order to optimize surfacing insights and meaningful stories
MTV is looking for a Supervising Producer for its multiplatform sub-brand, MTV News. You will report to the Editorial Director, MTV News and lead the daily video production and distribution across MTV News digital and social platforms.
You should be well-versed in social trends and strategies within the digital/editorial video space, have strong production skills and comfort with innovating and updating strategies and content as needed to reflect a dynamic news environment. You're tireless as it pertains to identifying unique opportunities for MTV News to have a meaningful and unique impact on its audience.
You have experience creating video content across all social platforms, supervising production from development through post and have a well-developed aesthetic for visual storytelling.
You will have experience in both a linear and digital news environment, be passionate about issues related to young audiences, understand how to bring voice out of producers, and be an excellent collaborator.
You will work interdepartmentally and throughout the company both inside and outside the MTV News Digital sphere. Developing and managing relationships with MTV’s On-Air Producers, Development Team, Product Development, Editorial, Design, Technology, Marketing, and Ad Sales is a primary responsibility.
- Handling the day-to-day video production and output of MTV News video content across all social platforms
- Creating overall process and streamlined workflows for the video team to get a concept from development through post-production
- Ensuring video content is creatively and structurally optimized to live across platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories, YouTube and other platforms)
- Leading a team of producers, shooters, editors and other staffers to optimize content
- Collaborating with editorial directors on bringing ideas and franchises to life
- Developing the overall video strategy, optimizing for original content that regularly breaks the internet and a long-term video engagement growth plan
- Work strategically with Research to understand what video works – and what doesn’t
- Stay continually involved in all Product discussions, taking responsibility for how video content is published and seen by the audience
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form video, apps, games, consumer products, social media and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 165 countries and territories. Viacom's media networks, including MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, Comedy Central, TV Land, SPIKE, Channel 5 (UK), Tr3s, Paramount Channel and VIVA, reach a cumulative 3.2 billion television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures, America's oldest film studio, is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.
The Research Analytics team is responsible for all BI research reporting outputs across Viacom’s International linear and non-linear platforms (TV channels, website/apps and social media). The role of the Analytics teams is to provide stakeholders with regular analytics, data-led insights and business expertise. Using reporting tools, we manage and publish numerous weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on performance and forecasting across all major metrics that inform and guide the business. Stakeholders (brand groups, regional clusters, business lines and HQ) look to the team for analytical insights and expertise relating to performance and trends across VIMN’s properties and the markets in which we operate.
In addition, the Analytics branch brings together dedicated BI operations, expertise, and support. Influencing all levels of the data flow from source through to report production, the group ensure business reporting is reliable, impartial, consistent and timely. The team is also involved in projects to build bespoke tools and dynamic dashboards to democratize research data across the business for self-service.
Working closely with the brand digital media leads the role will involve monitoring, reporting and analyzing performance of content across VIMN properties on digital media platforms, primarily social. This will include regular reporting and analysis across all key performance metrics, identifying trends and helping guide content strategy and audience development. In addition the role will provide competitive context and proactively anticipate industry trends and issues. As part of the Business Intelligence Research Analytics team the role will also proactively contribute to our aims of developing, enhancing and automating our reporting and analytics solutions in line with stakeholder and business requirements.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis of shortform/social media content across key performance metrics (views, time spent, engagement rates, view through rates, sentiment etc)
- Provide day to day insights on the performance of individual assets/content pieces and in turn be able to offer the best course of action based on the insight
- Highlight trends and tell the story of content performance, identifying any anomalies or issues that need addressing
- Run competitor analysis on other content types, brands and channels and use this insight to help guide our content strategies and give key insights in how we can adapt in order to grow
- Be able to provide in-depth analysis and case studies on particular topics on request and report findings back to relevant teams
- Manage forecasting process for nominated brand and advise on performance to estimate
- Define workflow in internal and external systems to ensure correct data is captured and reported
- Manage and understand requirements across stakeholder groups and be able to support business objectives for these groups
- Work with the Reporting Operations group to develop, enhance and automate reporting solutions
Viacom is home to the world’s premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
You will be responsible for supporting the build out of the delivery capability and executing eSourcing projects both domestically and internationally. You collaborate with category sourcing teams to actively define and execute eSourcing plans designed to achieve business goals.
You develop and use eSourcing tools and processes to actively target relevant categories for enablement through Viacom’s eSourcing capabilities. You will partner with category team members & eSourcing lead to develop an annual plan of eSourcing category targets.
- You support the design and implementation of eSourcing (including eAuction) strategies to be deployed across categories in partnership with category leaders and eSourcing Director and measure applicable progress
- Develop eSourcing criteria, tools, and templates to execute events for ongoing business and new projects
- You support rules of engagement for eSourcing Center of Excellence (COE), process, and governance to ensure eSourcing is utilized to maximum impact
- Collaborate with sourcing analysts and category leads to design mechanisms to collect eSourcing opportunities including identification, conversion, and impact
- Execute eSourcing events on an ongoing basis. Support category leaders through the entire sourcing process by collecting requirements and structuring RFPs based on deep expertise in eSourcing.
- Operate as a Subject Matter Expert on eSourcing & eAuction topics. Demonstrate thorough knowledge and awareness of key trends, leading practices, and tools required to continuously improve the eSourcing function
- Monitor adherence to eSourcing criteria, tools, and templates and engage as needed to coach, train, and motivate teams to utilize eSourcing tools
- Report on eSourcing program success, develop materials to communicate results
- Quarterly travel possible – pending business requirements
We are a branded content agency. Our main goal is to ensure that our brand partners are always a part of the cultural conversation. We offer full-service marketing capabilities delivering custom content and creative solutions across all of our platforms and experiences, driving value for our partners and loyalty with our fans. Long story short, we make killer brand driven content wherever and whenever our partners want it.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT?
Want the spirit of a start-up while working on some of the world's premiere entertainment brands? Want to wear jeans on more than just Fridays? Looking for a job that will not only make room for your side-hustles, but also encourage them? If so, this could be for you.
We view the world not only from our offices (though the views are pretty sweet), but also via immersive experiences that inspire us, keep us at the forefront of the ever-changing cultural landscape, and, with any luck, make us better marketers.
SO, WHAT’S THE JOB?
Velocity Culture & Insights is responsible for unearthing insights about different audiences and the cultural context in which they exist and bring them to life. The director will lead cross-disciplinary teams to drive the development of Velocity’s thought leadership studies as well as the creative (film, experiences, content) and marketing components (presentation, panels, workshops, etc) associated with it. In addition, bringing creative energy to develop experience-based trade activations to make Velocity famous.
You should be passionate about youth culture, and able to cultivate, define and lead a wide variety of projects. Having an entrepreneurial spirit backed by experience is a requirement in this role as you’ll work closely with senior members across departments. You'll also lead product and service innovations and other strategy projects for Velocity and Ad Solutions.
The Day to Day:
- Lead working team(s) dedicated to developing specific project deliverables
- In support of business development and launching engagements develop brainstorming and creative briefs
- Drive thought-leadership, including original IP, from initiation of culturally relevant topic to leading development and execution of research to developing a cogent and thoughtful narrative
- Develop innovative experiential activations, marketing and communication ideas to bring thought leadership to life
- Develop and facilitate presentations and workshops for brand partners
- Oversee project timelines, budgets, materials production, event planning, etc.
The Deal Finance team provides financial and analytical support to the Content Distribution group arising from the distribution of Viacom portfolio of networks. This team works closely with all members of the deal team and is an essential knowledge resource for the group. As the Deal Finance Manager, you will develop analyses and provide insights to support renewal and new business efforts. This is a highly visible role within our organization and ideal for someone who enjoys financial modeling.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing financial models to analyze the economics of distribution deals. Evaluates proposals, prepares financial scenarios and develops an informed point of view.
- Developing deep knowledge of key affiliate agreements, particularly pricing and packaging.
- Conducting company and industry research.
- Preparing presentations for senior management.
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects
We are looking for a collaborative, customer-focused and creative expert in organization effectiveness, learning and development to join our Organization and People Development team. In this key role, you’ll focus on partnering with executives on their organizations so that teams can do their best work. Your scope includes organization development, talent management and learning for dedicated client groups so you’ll have the chance to make your mark, and drive significant business impact in a fast-paced and dynamic industry.
Your portfolio will include iconic brands such as Comedy Central along with revenue generating functions like Sales, and enabling functions such as Production. In addition to working with our creative and inspiring clients, you’ll contribute to enterprise-wide learning and development programs along with enhancing our organization development toolkits. The breadth of your role makes it possible for you to create, design and implement an organization and people plan that drives business strategy. Our ideal team member couples a passion for organization development, talent management and learning with a strong results orientation that is directed toward adapting theories and best practices into practical, results-based solutions that align with client’s priorities and add clear, measurable value to the business.
- Partner with HR Generalists and senior leaders in the development of organization and people solutions focused on structure, process, skills and teams.
- Conduct individual, team and functional diagnostics and needs assessments.
- Build capability through the design and implementation of impactful interventions.
- Provide change management expertise in support of organizational change projects.
- Partner with business leaders in organization redesign initiatives.
- Develop high performing teams through team coaching and facilitation.
- Drive leadership and high potential development by fostering the adoption of learning programs and frameworks, and by designing customized development solutions where appropriate.
- Assess, track and analyze the impact of interventions.
- Manage external vendor relationships with Executive Coaches and Consultants on behalf of client groups.
- Participate in the development of enterprise learning solutions and organizational development methodologies and toolkits.
- Contribute to enterprise-wide and cross-functional projects.
Are you passionate about the entertainment industry and a go-getter? The Strategic Insights & Research department is looking for an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the Senior Vice President, provide support where needed to the Research team and be an integral part of the group.
- Answer phones, manage calendars, make travel arrangements, process T&E’s
- Coordinate and maintain daily work schedule
- Gather and distribute materials, documents and information as needed and directed
- Build relationships with other assistants
- Maintain up-to-date contact lists of vendors, key execs and their assistants
- Interface with vendors and finance group to code, process and track project invoices
- Maintain and organize research reports and file system
- Make arrangements (book conference rooms, handle guests, etc.) and provide technical support (PC, videoconference, audio/video, etc.) for all research meetings and presentations
- Liaison to other departments/assistants on all relevant needs and issues as determined by SVP
Viacom is home to the world's best-in-class entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
Are you open to new challenges and the opportunity to work with exciting technology in a diverse team environment?
The Global Networking team handles the global network & wireless Infrastructure for Viacom Media Networks. This team is looking for an Engineer with Networking expertise and experience leading, developing, and delivering enterprise grade infrastructure automation & orchestration solutions. You should be a self starter who will take initiative to tackle complex problems and enjoys moving a function forward where possible.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- You will implement and run enterprise networking solutions with high reliability and availability.
- Introduce new networking technologies or improve existing technologies to transform existing capabilities and services.
- You will assist in the design & development of infrastructure code, configuration & topology version control & CI/CD workflows.
- Design, develop & implement orchestration workflows for infrastructure configuration, backup & management.
- You care about network performance & can compose analytics visualizations using 3rd party & custom applications.
- Work closely with video streaming traffic to evaluate performance, efficiency, security & functionality for.
- Administrate custom & 3rd party applications centered around infrastructure automation, orchestration, monitoring & analysis.
- Provide networking domain expertise to other teams.
- Maintain technical documents for solutions and standard operating procedures such that services are delivered in an efficient and effective manner.
- 3rd line support of Viacom global network infrastructure.
- Industry watching, both direct or through a third party, to ensure the company is aware and educated on new technologies.
- Participate actively in engineering and architecture solution peer reviews and solution design sessions.
- Works independently and exercises reasonable discernment with little supervision while providing clear documentation of activities and accomplishments.
- Interacts closely with peers and management across all functional teams.
The Viacom Corporate Digital Analytics team has an exciting opportunity for potential candidates who have a passion for media and curiosity for audience insights. The Digital Analyst will support Viacom’s internal teams (i.e. finance, senior management, etc.) through quantitative analyses of Viacom’s digital performance across brands (i.e., Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon). This individual will compile and analyze internal and third-party data from numerous sources and will need to provide actionable and succinct insights.
- Handle team’s monthly scheduled reports which includes pulling data, organizing reports and writing up analysis
- Work on weekly ad hoc requests to support multiple internal stakeholders from different groups
- Compile industry intelligence and competitive information from external syndicated sources
- Provide support to team by pitching in on cross-team initiatives
- Stay up to date on Viacom brands and digital product, strategy, reporting, and audience consumption changes
- Attend and participate in team meetings and stakeholder meetings
The Senior Manager, Digital Operations and Production, Special Projects will be responsible for managing Comedy Central’s Digital footprint, inclusive of strategy and production, for tentpole events such as Clusterfest, Vidcon, The Roast and non-owned and operated events such as SXSW, SDCC, and more. Additionally, this role will support senior team’s efforts to expand Comedy Central’s digital impact to larger Viacom initiatives. This position serves as a contributing team member to executives who are figuring out strategic and creative directions for all digital initiatives. This role reports directly into the Executive Producer, Viacom Digital Studios: Comedy Central.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working collaboratively within a large, multi-layered organization. You will work closely with many support groups within the department and elsewhere in Comedy Central. The ability to maintain relationships and communicate effectively with constituents in Comedy Central’s Live Events, Brand Creative, Development, Video Production, Social and Marketing teams is essential.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as the day-to-day digital point for events and activations produced by Comedy Central, Viacom and outside festivals
- You will work with teams to create substantial, digital first content on-site and as lead-up marketing material to reflect Comedy Central’s presence and messaging
- You will partner with traditional marketing and content teams to ensure creative strategy and deliverables are aligned across multiple disciplines
- Partner with 3rd party agencies and companies to create resource and staffing plans, deliverables tracker, strategic briefs and decks
- You will create schedules, timelines and various documents to support the group and keep teams accountable
- You will lead production and brainstorm meetings, all-hands status meetings and more while identifying clear next steps and ensure team is clear on goals
- See projects through start to finish making ensuring deadlines are met and goals and strategies are adhered to
- You understand digital strategy, marketing, production and communicating and be able to lead and communicate decisions to the day-to-day teammates
- You will work with Executive Producer to create strategic and logistical recommendations to senior staff in order to meet set goals and expectations
- Work with Executive Producer to expand Comedy Central Digital’s offerings to Viacom and outside partners
- Serve as a cross-brand representative of Comedy Central Digital to Viacom corporate its networks
- Work with Social Responsibility Impact Strategy leads to integrate key Viacom initiatives into the digital space
- Work with team members and assigned manager to help improve process, workflow, documentation, and tools to ensure they are upheld and/or improved to department standards
Addressable advertising is a key pillar of Viacom’s growth strategy. This role, within Viacom’s technology organization (MTS), is responsible for developing and supporting the use of the technology required to sell and deliver addressable ads.
- Oversee the data management (DMP) capabilities that connect to Viacom’s ad sales stack and first party digital products. Ensure the company has the right blend of first and third party capabilities to meet its business, operational and technical objectives
- Bring a technical point of view to strategic conversations about user data across the Viacom business, consult on ad sales, distribution or corp dev initiatives as needed
- Partner with key stakeholders to capture business requirements and lead the effort to deliver the technologies, partnerships and business processes to meet them
- Work collaboratively across the organization to prioritize development of new capabilities and develop business cases that inform prioritization of ad platforms roadmap
- Oversee the operational application of technical capabilities by developing and implementing business processes
- Maintain a complete understanding of trends in advertising and technology and how Viacom can best position itself, clearly articulate this vision across the organization – themes of particular importance include big data, and optimization
- Work cross functionally to ensure technology gains successful traction by leading and participating in business initiatives and training programs. Supervise and write documentation and training materials
- Contribute to relevant macro-level strategic initiatives (i.e. convergence between digital and traditional TV advertising)
- Strategically manage partnerships with key vendors (Adobe, Google, Freewheel etc.) to ensure a strong working relationship and optimal economics. Leverage an intimate understanding of partner capabilities and roadmaps to ensure Viacom is delivering the best possible capability set
- Maintain an active and visible role in the ad-tech ecosystem to identify the best potential partners and lead a vetting process where opportunities exist, play an active role with the IAB and other relevant industry groups
Senior Manager, Sales and Business Development, will participate in the development and execution of Distribution & Business Development’s sales, distribution and marketing strategies that support Viacom Media Network’s efforts to drive incremental revenue and to secure media value through the distribution of Viacom television content and industry leading brands. The Senior Manager will be a part of the Sales and Business Development team and will work collaboratively with their team(s) to manage MVPD and SVOD accounts, seek new distribution opportunities, and will help maximize partner marketing initiatives that support sales and distribution efforts – all while building and maintaining strong relationships with distribution partners. Position reports to VP. Travel required within the U.S.
- Support VP in the development and implementation of sales distribution strategies, including partner negotiations, through managing internal relationships within Distribution & Business Development (e.g., Strategy, Operations, Partner Marketing, Business & Legal Affairs, Finance)
- Act as part of a team to collaborate with key internal executives in the development of sales and marketing strategies that drive distribution and marketing initiatives. These plans will capitalize on sales opportunities, support channel priorities, and help drive client-focused revenue and distribution goals.
- Account lead for selected distribution partners and provide comprehensive account service by developing excellent working relationships with key contacts at various levels and by knowing the existing agreements and partner specific data.
- Responsible for the sell-in and implementation of sales, marketing and advertising sales strategies by building, maintaining and supporting customer relationships in order to best understand their needs and business priorities to determine how Viacom can best help drive business goals.
- Understand and anticipate industry trends that will affect network distribution and marketing strategies. Provide market research, competitive analysis, market strategies, and develop sales stories in support of Viacom’s goals. Present to the team relevant industry developments in advertising technology, such as TV Everywhere and VOD, or other emerging platforms. Provide strategic insight into these topics and offer solutions back to senior management.
- Source new partnership opportunities and communicate to internal executives to ensure Viacom is able to capitalize on new business strategies that align with Viacom’s goals.
- Proactively work with Business Operations team(s) to ensure all Viacom content/assets are delivered to partners on a timely basis.
- Represent Viacom Media Networks and reinforce the value of Viacom’s portfolio of industry leading networks at client meetings and industry events and influence clients about Viacom’s unique brand proposition(s) to help them sell through to customers.
- Accompany clients to special events, when necessary.
- Liaise with and provide feedback to Partnership Marketing as they assemble and develop promotional plans to ensure the plans are highly valuable to the clients. Help create and review all sales and marketing materials to ensure customer needs are being met and help to develop or leverage tie-ins to VMNs national initiatives to create value with affiliates whenever relevant.
- Provide ongoing marketing opportunities to build strength, awareness and client value for all VMN brands. Create merchandising ideas that build brand value and create visibility and demand for VMN products.
- Manage, track and measure the results of sales distribution efforts, contractual compliance, and marketing partnerships and assist in the overall tracking of partner reporting, data collection and analysis for key accounts.
- Manage team Coordinator and mentor junior team members, as applicable, providing on-going development and coaching and employee feedback as necessary, including year-end reviews.
- Perform specific projects on as needed basis.
The Junior Data Science Engineer, Advanced Media Analytics will be responsible for supporting the build-out of new/alternate audience platforms across Viacom Media Networks. In this role, the individual will contribute to innovation in audience measurement, and help discover how VMN content is being consumed across platforms.
- Identify, ingest, and enrich a wide range of structured and unstructured data into datasets for analysis
- Learn to apply statistical and advanced techniques (e.g. segmentation, machine learning) to develop both prototypes and scalable (i.e. efficient, automated) data analyses
- Conduct basic ad hoc analysis, building models, forecasting viewing behavior
- Extensive code development, debugging, optimizing, and productionizing
- Support the development of machine learning pipeline architecture
- Help build out frameworks for quickly rolling out new data analysis for standalone data-driven products and services to support our network of media brands.
- Be able to transform unstructured raw data in to formats suitable for modeling
- Be able to work in teams and collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements
Viacom is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories. With media networks reaching approximately 700 million global subscribers, Viacom's leading brands include BET, CMT, Comedy Central, Logo, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount, TV Land, and VH1. Viacom is in an era of rapid innovation, and looking for exceptional talent who have the appetite and initiative for a dynamic, often start-up like environment.
The Viacom Marketing team is a creative and tactical trade and internal marketing organization that will deliver an ‘always on’ marketing strategy for Viacom and its audiences which include Advertisers, Marketers, Distributors and Content Partners, Investors, Current and prospective employees, and all those interested in the collective Viacom Story. This teams aspires to be the most creative marketing team in the industry and requires a leader who will live that vision every day.
It is this team’s responsibility to ensure our trade and corporate audiences know what sets us apart, our strategic vision, and key successes as we deliver upon that vision. The Marketing team at Viacom seeks a visionary Director of Digital Marketing who is motivated by the unique opportunity to build and scale the story of the new Viacom, as we continue to evolve and shape ourselves and the industry. You are both an analytics and performance media expert and a creative and savvy marketing professional.
The Director, Digital Marketing, working with trade marketing and editorial teams, will design and execute B2B performance marketing campaigns across all digital channels. You will be defining and delivering paid and organic initiatives across platforms and working closely with our social media team on our corporate presence across channels.
The Director will have proven experience finding and engaging key audiences online, reporting on campaign analytics, working with social teams and working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
You love Viacom’s brands and embody our values of bravery, empathy, and honesty. The position reports into the VP, Digital and Social Strategy.
- Work closely with the VP of social and digital strategy to design and implement organic and paid campaigns across digital channels, including email, social, SEM/SEO, display, content marketing and more
- Deliver campaigns according to timelines, budgets and in line with agreed upon KPIs
- Own and optimize the digital and social marketing funnel and tech stack from end to end, leveraging analytics to inform shifts in editorial, content, platforms, and messaging
- Define and report on key digital KPI’s to demonstrate an increase in reach, audience targeting capabilities, awareness, engagement and ultimately lead generation on behalf of the Viacom Brand and its key stakeholders
- Work with our audience science team to build campaigns that amplify awareness for and messages around sponsored or hosted events in close coordination with the product/trade/events teams
- Help promote earned media initiatives and wins through paid and organic digital channels
- Drive traffic to and engagement with the new Viacom.com and the brand-new newsroom, inclusive of
o Liaising with internal stakeholders as the media / amplification POC
o Building, delivering, and managing the media plan with marketing team and audience science group
o Creating a regular analytics / reporting and feedback loop with audience science, editorial, social, and stakeholder teams to insure optimization of content
- Work closely with internal creative, editorial, and media buying agencies to develop digital campaign assets and run paid promotions
- Collate and analyze campaign performance, website traffic, and other digital metrics using Google Analytics, DOMO, vendor data and other reporting tools
- Continuously search for opportunities to grow, refine and improve upon our current digital strategy; Review, audit and make recommendations for CRM, social listening, and digital measurement platforms and dashboards
- Partner with the product and trade team to build and maintain CRM database, as well as own digital campaigns involving these contacts
- Support executive profiles and activity across digital platforms, where necessary
- Monitor and evaluate industry players and their digital presence
- Manage digital marketing roles and work closely with social team
You support Worldwide Technical Operations in the review and analysis of content protection systems and content media workflows of third-party licensees to ensure content protection mechanisms are in compliance with Paramount distribution requirements. You analyze third-party content protection system capabilities and identify issues which may impact the security of Paramount content through hands on technical review and develop detailed impact analysis for Sr. Management. Support ongoing WWTO internal system planning and analysis to ensure continued stability
- You conduct content security architecture reviews of content protection implementations by third-party licensees
- Lead and track technical review requests and provide analysis and metrics to Paramount businesses and senior management
- You research and track vulnerabilities that may impact content protection systems, content workflows, etc.
- Research current and upcoming consumer devices and produce detailed summaries and impact analysis
- You support testing activities of consumer devices to validate content protection implementations and provide feedback to Paramount divisions
- Collaborate with Director, Content Technology Standards on policies and update based on industry trends, content platform reviews and feedback from Paramount business divisions
- Conduct application risk assessments of content systems introduced into WWTO ecosystem in partnership with Viacom Info Security
- Participate in cross-industry consortia and standard-setting bodies (e.g., SMPTE, W3C, MPAA)
The MTV & VH1 Insights & Strategy team exists to put consumer and culture understanding at the center of everything MTV and VH1 do. By staying on top of content trends, consulting syndicated research, and conducting ad hoc quantitative and qualitative research, our purpose is to craft guidelines that lead to more meaningful content and ultimate more time spent with our brands.
The VP Insights & Marketing Research provides strategic direction to advise senior leadership and various departments across creative marketing and brand strategy. This position will serve as a key resource for the SVP Strategy & Insights for MTV, VH1 & Logo, working on strategic recommendations backed with qualitative and quantitative research.
What you will do:
- Provide analyses that generate a clear understanding of our target audience, our brands’ perception and marketing opportunities.
- Support the marketing department with audience insights that lead to more effective creative.
- Design, coordinate and execute a variety of testing projects ranging from creative concepts to naming, logos and promotional materials.
- Work on content testing projects related to our digital businesses.
- Help establish KPIs and campaign tracking efforts.
- Oversee the execution of quantitative and qualitative research projects and communicate findings to appropriate audiences, including senior management.
- Consult the latest content and marketing trends through syndicated research resources.
- Collaborate with and lead external research vendors, and serve as overall lead on projects
- Provide cultural context to drive existing and new marketing ideas, assessing viability and recommending optimizations.
- Oversee and interpret brand tracking efforts to assess brand strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Travel may sometimes be required to conduct research across the U.S.