The Vice President, Talent and Development will take a lead role in recruiting and managing digital talent for original content for all Viacom Digital Services (VDS) platforms with a focus/expertise in pop-culture, lifestyle and music.
The VP, Talent and Development will be responsible for overseeing talent discovery (including scouting, research of new talent and influencers), talent booking and all talent relations. This position will work closely across VDS development teams to help identify creators to build specific content around. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the planning, logistics, and oversight of talent for events such as Vid Con, Beauty Con, Newfronts, and any other marketing or promotional initiatives that would require digital talent and/or outside celebrity talent.
The VP will be expected to have a working knowledge of, and strong relationships with talent and their agents, managers, publicists as well as record companies and other production entities. Experience working in digital media with social influencers is a must.
- Implement recruitment strategies and plans for digital talent and identify opportunities for VDS brands.
- Lead talent relations and booking initiatives across pop-culture, music and lifestyle verticals for programming, events, campaigns etc. and support senior management’s business goals and programming needs.
- Build relationships, communicate VDS brand “mission” and opportunities to both digital influencer community and the creative community to ensure that VDS is the go to studio for top tier creators.
- Provide on-site management and support for talent appearances.
- Interact with internal and external producers; work with production management and legal to execute “smart” production plans and deals on behalf of the company as it pertains to digital talent. Oversee payment process for influencers and creators.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Social, Marketing, Press and Research in VDS on various issues and serve as the first line of communication between talent, management and other departments across the company.
- Partner with internal development teams to brainstorm talent vehicles and opportunities
- Track pop culture, TV/You Tube, film, music, current events
- Manage coordinator/booker of talent and any other direct reports
The Manager will work with team members and senior management throughout Viacom’s business units to assess and execute M&A transaction opportunities and internal strategic development opportunities. The ideal candidate will have deep financial modeling experience with knowledge in accounting, corporate finance and valuation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with team members, senior management, business units and outside advisors to identify, assess external transactions, potentially in the form of acquisitions, joint ventures or minority investments
- Interface with outside Business Development, Corporate Development, and/or Investment Bankers as counter-parties
- Support transaction execution, including developing valuation analyses and coordinating due diligence efforts
- Build financial and operating models; develop various financial analyses including discounted cash flow, merger analysis, comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analyses and general financial statement analysis
- Track current deal flow pipeline across the Viacom organization
The Sr. Business Analyst, PMO Operations will be in a highly cross-functional, general analytic role where she/he is a contributor to identify strategic opportunities for the team through rigorous analysis and rapid execution of structured solutions. The role will be focused on driving change and governance through PMO metrics and tooling in order to support the PMO in achieving a higher maturity across Media & Technology Services. The role will interact with many roles across the organization from leadership to the team level to ensure the projects are satisfying their ROI and delivering to their identified objectives. The incumbent will also work in close coordination with the PMO strategy and governance lead on the toolsets to ensure that the data meets their needs.
- Examine, report and communicate results of impact and initiatives to stakeholders in leadership and technology teams
- Collaborate with functional management teams and key business stakeholders to design, develop metrics that enable success and change within their departments
- Regularly review and evaluate opportunities to improve the project management best practices in order to achieve higher maturity in PPM
- Work with cross-functional teams to optimize processes that support our strategic initiatives and help to build capabilities that support an effortless customer experience
- Develop fact-based, data-driven measurements of business performance in collaboration with management
- Assisting in the labor capitalization process as well as all communication and reporting
- Analyze and support improvement in existing business processes, presenting data-driven recommendations to executive leadership
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Support the development and launch of Viacom Six Sigma center of excellence
- Help enable the establishment of a project management community of practice to facilitate collaboration and best-practice sharing among project managers and key PMO stakeholders
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
Viacom is seeking a Director/Senior Director, Investigations/Employee Relations, to partner with the Human Resources and Employment Law teams to lead the employment investigations function across our domestic Corporate, Media Networks, and Paramount Pictures groups. The Investigations team serves as the central point of contact for incidents involving allegations of potential harassment, retaliation or discrimination, raised through direct or anonymous sources.
This role will build relationships with HR business partners, business leaders, and the compliance and employment law teams and will be looked to for expert advice, to share trends and intelligence and to establish best practices for Viacom.
This role will be expected to conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism and empathy. We are open to candidates at both the Director and Senior Director levels.
- Lead internal investigations, in consultation with Legal, Compliance and/or other internal partners as applicable.
- Document and communicate results of investigations to relevant stakeholders.
- Prioritize and manage multiple investigations simultaneously.
- Collaborate and build relationships with internal stakeholders such as HR Business Partners, Legal, and Compliance.
- Handle investigations and Employee issues in a way that confirms and enhances Viacom’s culture of respect and trust.
- Identify and report on trends and recommendations for systemic improvements and preventative measures (e.g. training).
The ideal candidate for this role is a digital media professional with campaign management and technical project management experience. They will have a strong track record as an individual contributor, and can demonstrate success in leading projects and teams. A successful candidate will be familiar with digital media operations process, systems, emerging platforms, and particularly the digital video ecosystem. Experience with mobile and video ad operations and platforms is a strong advantage.
The Manager will plan, oversee, and perform ongoing ad system administration tasks, third-party integrations, systems migrations, and live event support. They will enthusiastically define and implement processes across the ad sales organization. It is expected that this team member can provide hands-on assistance with ad implementation testing, troubleshooting, and escalations, with minimal direction or instruction. They will lead project teams or sub-teams, as well as gather, develop and maintain project documentation. A successful Manager will continuously analyze current business processes and systems for improvements; recommend sustainable and realistic solutions; evaluate and present risks & benefits of comparable approaches; and communicate project progress clearly. This position will report to the VP, Business Operations
Manages multiple small to large projects throughout the project lifecycle. Projects include: new process definition and implementation; process re-engineering; process development to support new ad products; support new/upgraded application integration, including related systems & process migrations. Provides on-going support to business by troubleshooting issues. Identifies and implements long-term solutions, and short-term resolutions as necessary. Communicates project scope to internal and external project members.
- Defines project scope,
- Conducts requirements gathering and analysis,
- Identifies, assesses and recommends solutions,
- Assesses potential risks and defines risk mitigation plan,
- Defines success measures and how the measurements are derived,
- Builds work break down structure,
- Identifies and secures needed resources to execute project work,
- Communicates status regularly to project sponsor and stakeholders,
- Calculates and communicates schedule variances,
- Develops, maintains and socializes project and process documentation
The Senior Director will play a critical role in a companywide initiative to improve cash flow and capital expenditure reporting/planning processes. The ideal candidate will become involved in, but not limited to, global cash flow and capital expenditure forecasting and financial reporting. This role will continue to work in conjunction with Corporate FP&A team to directly support Viacom CFO and EVP Financial Operations. This position will report to the SVP, Corporate FPA.
CASH FLOW RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of Monthly Viacom Consolidated Cash Flows and supporting analysis to be distributed to Senior Executive team
- Prepare periodic Cash Flow forecast package
- Prepare Annual Cash Flow Budget Package
- Prepare bottoms-up forecast of Domestic Media Networks cash flow for Budget and Forecasts
- Responsible for Cash Flow Board of Directors presentation slides and detailed support pages
- Communicate key business drivers of Cash Flow variances
- Identify and communicate possible scenarios, associated risks and opportunities to include in the cash flow reviews
- Proactively working with Divisions to manage quarter end Cash Flow targets
- Communicate with stakeholders in a clear and concise manner (including Treasury, Accounting, Operating Channel Groups, etc.)
- Identify issues/patterns and provide recommendations for improvement
- Prepare daily cash balance forecast the next two months on a monthly basis and other ad hoc cash requests for Treasury, Investor Relations, and other stakeholders
- Secondary contact HFM systems issues
- Preparation of Capital Expenditure Board of Directors presentation slides and detailed support pages
- Communicate key business drivers of Capital Expenditures variances
- Prepare periodic Capital Expenditure Forecast/Reporting Package
- Provide strategy, analysis and insight around periodic forecasts and annual budget of capital expenditures, including Identifying and communication scope and prioritization or projects
The Senior Technical Support, Audio Visual reports to the Director of Global Audio Visual and is responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of all conference room and display area equipment. Additional responsibilities include executing audio visual projects and room builds, budget, inventory, corporate events support including live streaming, white glove executive support, and documentation. The Senior Technical Support, Audio Visual will also assist in the development of new and/or upgraded audio visual architecture to meet our business needs.
- Provides daily operational support of current audio visual equipment and business needs.
- Creston and Extron control systems
- Cisco / Polycom Video Conferencing codecs and infrastructure
- In depth Audio & Video technologies
- Manages large scale projects such as full floor rebuilds and company standards evaluations.
- Attend facilities construction meetings and provides AV technical expertise
- Manage project budgets as appropriate
- Interface with internal stakeholders as well as external vendors throughout project life cycle
- Works with internal and external departments to successfully achieve and implement system designs.
- Research, implement, and support new technologies, such as cloud video conferencing (i.e. BlueJeans, MS Teams, etc.).
- Responsible for the seamless delivery of audio visual events and productions, including live streaming and multi-point VC.
- Responsible for the installations and relocation of equipment for offices, common areas and conference rooms.
- Daily monitoring and handling of trouble tickets.
- Installs, configures & troubleshoots Audio Visual installations & coding issues.
- Maintains current infrastructure and responds to issues as they arise.
- Performs quality assurance testing.
- Performs light scheduled off-hour maintenance so that daily operations are uninterrupted.
- Read and follow CAD and signal flow diagrams.
- Runs, labels, and crimps all types of cabling.
- Works with stakeholders to create efficient and cost effective designs.
- Builds detail oriented yet simply designed rack systems.
- Maintains inventory to ensure upgrades can be accomplished on time.
- Manages incoming support requests through the ServiceNow ticketing system.
- Installs software, including firmware upgrades.
- Selects specifications for new equipment based on business requirements.
- Able to travel to complete remote installations.
- May provide training or orientation to users on Viacom specific technologies.
- Maintain parts and supplies needed to ensure daily tasks and projects can be completed.
- On-call availability to provide off hours support, as needed.
- Escalates incidents and/or service requests as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledgebase of FAQ’s for support staff.
- Follows up with the customer to ensure problems have been addressed successfully.
- Provides on-going support and troubleshooting for installed technical solutions.
The Advertising Science team sits within the larger Advanced Advertising organization at Viacom, supporting the entire Ad Sales organization across the Global Entertainment Group and Kids and Family clusters.
At the core, we are a data-driven solutions team that leverages data science to create strategic efficiencies and empower our ad sales teams with innovative offerings. We are passionate about developing data products that not only get utilized across the company, but also get talked about in the press for innovation.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our ambitious, multidisciplinary team to help architect, build, and maintain our cloud-based data infrastructure and ultimately accelerate our development and deployment of data products. S/He will be responsible for supporting product development for key ad sales research solutions and initiatives, and in addition to the team’s Product Managers, will also support the data needs of three Sr. Data Scientists.
- Build distributed, high-volume data pipelines to power new product features based on analytics and machine-learning
- Build applications that are AWS-ready
- Identify and solve data pipeline issues as they arise
- Serve as point between Advertising Science and MTS (IT/Cloud-Engineering department) in support of our data products
- Develop, test, and maintain data architectures to ensure data availability
- Work closely with external product vendors to set up back-ends of Advertising Science products
Us: The Content Innovation Analytics group at Viacom -- a team of marketing researchers, data scientists, and web developers taking programming/marketing research to the next level. We look at the world of consumer research and never fail to ask, “what else can we learn from this?”
You: a researcher experienced in surveys, transactional metrics (sales, viewership data, digital traffic, etc.), maybe social media sentiment analysis as well.
The Sr. Analyst will report directly into the department VP while managing, analyzing, and reporting results of research studies exploring the viewer relationship with programming from Viacom’s brand portfolio, including Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, BET and Paramount Network.
- Working with the VP and Sr. Manager to develop questionnaire outlines for large surveys based on study key goals and business use cases
- Drafting small ad-hoc surveys with minimal supervision
- Connecting with internal stakeholders and external vendors to ensure proper inclusion of key study elements in all questionnaires
- Testing drafted surveys to ensure proper logic and functioning
- Developing custom presentations, including basic data analysis, with support of the Sr. Manager and VP
- Creating PowerPoint presentations following pre-designed structures using data supplied by the data science team
- Creating custom-designed data tables from surveys, Nielsen ratings, and other data sources
- Proofreading presentations for clarity and accuracy
Us: The Content Innovation Analytics group at Viacom -- a team of marketing researchers, data scientists, and web developers taking programming/marketing research to the next level. We look at the world of consumer research and never fail to ask, “what else can we learn from this?”
You: a researcher experienced in surveys, transactional metrics (sales, viewership data, digital traffic, etc.), maybe social sentiment analysis as well. Someone who enjoys thinking creatively around methodologies, analytical strategies, and reporting/presentation.
Reporting directly into the team’s Vice President, the Sr. Manager, Insight Analytics will lead the study process end-to-end and will collaborate with a team of data scientists to create next-generation analyses that drive decision-making around content development, acquisition and marketing for Viacom brands including Comedy Central, MTV, Paramount Network, VH1, and BET.
- You will partner with the Vice President to develop questionnaire outlines for large surveys based on study key goals and business use cases
- Guiding junior staff in writing smaller ad-hoc surveys
- Proofreading surveys for proper question wording, syntax and overall survey logic
- Coordinating all logistical details of studies
- Forming positive relationships with and managing vendors, ensuring timely responses and accurate deliverables
Analysis & Reporting:
- You will work with the Vice President in developing out analysis plans based on 1) relevant data sources, 2) business needs, and 3) different statistical approaches
- Organizing and mining data sets using statistical software such as SPSS, Python, R, etc.
- Synthesizing data from multiple sources – such as survey data, syndicated data, Nielsen and Omniture data – and building creative, custom-designed analyses to tell comprehensive stories about the preferences and behaviors of the viewer
- You will be participating in presentations of findings to brand research teams
Assist the Paramount Home Media Distribution team in its management of the Walmart North American business. The North American sales office, located in Rogers, Arkansas, supports Walmart U.S., Canada, eCommerce, and Vudu.
Assist the Sales Department in Sales Support functions and have a fundamental understanding of the sales process as well as Paramount Home Media Distribution (PHMD) and customer systems.
- Assist the Business Managers to fulfill responsibilities for customer business management.
- Update specific client reports such as sales tracking, pricing reports, new item tracking, and special business initiative tracking.
- Work with the internal PHMD internal constituents in preparing pre and post promotion analysis.
- Under the direction of Business Manager will coordinate activities to meet the administrative requirements of the customer.
- Assist Business Manager in preparing for sales pitch meetings.
- Assist Business Manager in maintaining all relevant product data, forecasting, and other systems and tools.
Viacom is looking for a team player with excellent communication and organization skills for a Corporate Social Responsibility Coordinator position dual reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Social Responsibility and the Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility and Community Investment. This coordinator will be responsible for a variety of project management, coordination and logistical planning to support the company’s internal and external CSR activities. The candidate should have excellent writing skills, great attention to detail and a strong interest in CSR, Cause Marketing and Social Impact.
Charitable Requests, In-kind giving & Activities
- Charitable database back-up support to the grants manager, submitting grants for processing and helping track charitable giving activities and budget
- Monitor solicitations via snail mail and email for company sponsorship and grant proposals
- Help track quarterly in-kind giving values from across the company for things like donated air time, auction items, event hosting fees, etc.
- Send quarterly PSA requests to on-air schedulers
Viacommunity Coordination and Support
- Assist in the planning and coordinating of all aspects of ongoing volunteer events, from seeking opportunities, promoting and planning events, and post-event blog writing
- Assist with logistics for all CSR events and biannual VCRC conference
- Coordinate with nonprofits around volunteerism efforts from Viacommunity Day, Viacom’s annual day of service, to our All Good, All Year employee engagement initiative
- Provide assistance around fulfilling corporate membership requests and tracking employee usage of benefits and discounts the company receives as part of our relationships with cultural institutions
- Offer general administrative support for the CSR team, supporting larger-picture programming efforts from cause marketing initiatives, Talent for Good, the Viacommunity Update, and CSR-related employee benefits like Viacom’s Employee Matching Gifts Program and Volunteer Time-off policy
- Help with coordination of company-sponsored industry and charitable events, i.e. sending invites, filling tables, fundraising lists, monitor RSVP lists, swag, auction items, event briefs, etc.
MTV is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Director of Social Media to develop and execute strategy for our brand across all social platforms. The ideal candidate will be actively engaged with the trends in digital media today and have a thorough understanding of existing and emerging social media platforms. The primary focus will be driving engagement and innovation, as well as increasing brand equity and scale through social media programs. This person will manage all MTV brand social media campaigns and serve as a strategic partner to the rest of the company for all channel priorities. The position works closely with Video, Editorial, Marketing and Product teams to grow community, drive engagement and integrate social media throughout the brand to support a highly interactive, participative experience. This person will be responsible for development and execution of multiplatform content using paid media and social tools to extend the MTV brand in the digital landscape. Candidate will have knowledge of advertising on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others.
- Develop a unified and cohesive strategy and voice across all social efforts
- Lead cross-platform teams in the development of social media programs and strategies built on research, consumer insights and brand goals
- Lead a team of 10+ creatives and content producers against a cohesive brand voice and mission
- Develop ideas that take into effect the current trends in digital media and apply them to MTV properties
- Partner with website and new platform producers to understand and articulate the goals of their businesses and identify ways to meet them.
- Monitor and effectively leverage social media tools, trends, applications, as well as measure the success of engagement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with media influencers, platform partners and bloggers
- Manage multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Direct all social media marketing campaigns across multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.
- Develop paid and promotional social media strategy in conjunction with the broader Marketing team
- Develop strategy presentation decks for key programming projects
- Be attuned to emerging platforms and trends, and ways our brand can innovate with first-to-market campaigns
Under the direction of VP, Global Compliance, this position will be responsible for supporting the enterprise-wide compliance program, specifically, by assisting and directing internal investigations, monitoring and vetting various Compliance issues (such as conflicts of interest disclosures, hotline reports and due diligence data), and providing advice and counsel on issues related to sanctions/export controls, anti-bribery and corruption and third-party vendor vetting.
- Compliance Risk Management and Investigation Support
- Manage all aspects of compliance-led company investigations;
- Build effective working relationships with internal stakeholders such as Legal, HR, Internal Audit and Finance;
- Conduct interviews with employees, vendors and/or others involved in or with knowledge relevant to the investigation;
- Create summary documents detailing the approach, key findings, and recommendations.
- Evaluate and recommend enhancements to compliance processes or other internal controls;
- Compliance Monitoring Systems (Project and Relationship Management)
- Manage the relationships with the Viacom Compliance 3rd party technology providers (conflicts of interest, due diligence, reporting hotline)
- Suggest and implement changes to ensure improvements in the use of systems for tracking, reporting and trend identification;
- In collaboration with internal stakeholders and 3rd party vendors, oversee the ongoing operations, improvement, and effectiveness of Viacom’s Compliance system infrastructure; Specifically, monitoring and vetting inputs from:
- Viacom’s Reporting Hotline
- Disclosures of potential conflicts of interest disclosed by employees or identified by internal stakeholders; Specifically, verifying that:
- Employee disclosures are reviewed in a timely manner;
- Supporting details and documents are gathered to allow for informed decision making;
- Global watchlist database for the ongoing monitoring of Viacom’s 3rd party vendor risk
- 3rd party Due Diligence
- Conduct thorough due diligence on certain 3rd party partners including using external search providers and sources;
- Pursue all leads related to the diligence conducted to ensure compliance risks are highlighted to the appropriate stakeholders;
- Sanctions/Export Controls
- Provide advice and counsel on export controls/sanctions issues;
- Stay abreast of changes in the regulatory environment and the potential impact on Viacom’s businesses
- Propose action plans to ensure changes with the evolving regulatory environment;
- Other projects, as assigned.
The Analyst, Linear Asset is responsible for providing Viacom Ad Sales with skills, tools and support they need to operate effectively and efficiently. The Analyst is part of Ad Sales Operations which provides training and education, systems testing, and support for the sales departments.
- Provide Linear Ad Sales system trainings
- Work one-on-one with new Linear Ad Sales hires after their initial training
- Create and revise process manuals; thoroughly communicate and train such processes
- Arrange demonstrations with users to go over major upgrades prior to implementation and sending out emails in regards to new processes and/or system enhancements
- Responsible for creating relevant notes for users with details of any changes as system releases are applied
- Provide system support for users; answer in-house support line (Linear ASSET Help Desk)
- Work with MTS and system developers for troubleshooting; responsible for assisting QA Department with resolution testing
- Serve as liaison to business to help analyze issues and assist in prioritization of QCs needed
- Point of contact for user subscription maintenance pertaining to Winmo, Ad Age, and Wall Street Journal access on The Vault
The Director of Global Audio Visual (AV), a report of the Head of Global Client Services, leads a team of direct reports and matrixed employees and is responsible for global service delivery of AV across all of Viacom’s brands. Our goal is for our users to experience elite audio video experiences with both internal and external clients.
- Transforms Viacom Media and Technology Services (MTS) strategies into multi-year plans and goals for AV.
- Leads the creation, consistency, and global delivery of AV standards and policies, environment selection, and AV technical solutions. Partners with users to ensure selected standards are simple to use and support.
- Possesses a solid grasp of business needs, including aligning simplified solutions to their functional processes, business objectives and organizational dynamics.
- Leads the successful delivery of global AV projects, including:
- Developing or ensuring the development of accurate and thorough forecasts.
- Ensuring resources and organizational structure are in place and operating effectively.
- Anticipating conflicting needs, including interdependencies with other initiatives, and dedicatedly resolving them.
- Establishing detailed punch out lists and a formal customer sign-off process to ensure successful handoff of delivered AV solutions.
- Ensuring that projects are on time, on budget and meet the needs of the business.
- Being responsible for the timely resolution of all issues impacting project delivery, whether technical, business, or AV Integrator related.
- Delivers automation of metrics reporting and performance monitoring on AV projects and services in use to provide transparency on the delivery of AV services for Senior Management.
- Accountable for decision-making regarding the AV organization, establishing the structure of the team and its internal processes, and defining and ensuring quality and seamless delivery of simplified AV standards.
- Participates in budget planning and is accountable for handling of established budgets, including reallocating funding as priorities shift.
- Partners with and integrates across other areas of MTS, working with these areas to resolve conflicts, handle contending priorities, collaborate on future solutions, and provide completely aligned solutions.
- Possesses broad AV functional experience, with the ability to identify and use technical authorities across the AV domain.
- Effectively handles existing relationships with all AV Integrators, ensuring the highest service quality and support at the lowest cost.
- Ensures the seamless delivery and support of Corporate AV events, including business town halls and C-Suite Video Events, business function specific events, offsite events, and live streaming through Viacom’s Workplace (Facebook) platform.
- Designs and aligns AV solutions to operate seamlessly with Cloud based initiatives, such as O365, IPTV, and Digital Signage.
- Delivers Self-Service workflows for AV services, such as license requests for Cloud VC accounts.
- Supports large internal event spaces with integrated AV technology, and designs future upgrades for these spaces with simplicity of support and overall quality as key work and measures of success.
- Continuously focused on lowering operating costs while maintaining quality of service and solutions.
- Creatively develops and sets tactical direction for the global AV team. Actively develops the AV talent, co-constructing performance goals, objectives and development plans; and provides ongoing constructive performance feedback.
- Develops AV organization and resource strategies.
- Responsible for all performance-related activities, including preparing and delivering performance reviews and any disciplinary recommendations.
- Balances and negotiates the needs of multiple users and communicates the business advantages of various AV solutions.
- Forms productive networks with internal and external business partners.
- Seen by colleagues as a key resource to raise AV problems and to receive mentorship and complete solutions.
- You lead the support and resolution of all AV issues throughout the duration of the incident.
- Works autonomously to implement and achieve objectives only seeking guidance when strategies shift or need to be clarified.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical AV subject matter to non-technical staff.
- A passionate and driven advocate for AV services across the company, with an established record of building elite AV systems and high performing support teams.
- Provides 24X7 support for AV problems that require immediate assistance.
- Up to 25% travel required.
The Director, Post Production & Operations will supervise all aspects of the post-production process and develop effective procedures, workflows and systems to keep the post process running smoothly, as it relates to the Viacom Hollywood Facility.
- Attend and contribute to relevant department/project status meetings.
- Work closely with Production Technology and Operations groups to streamline systems and procedures.
- Effectively communicate with Producers in the execution of their current projects.
- Draft and publish initial Post Production workflows and planning documents (including schedules)
- Continually monitor all projects in progress with regard to schedule strategy, update meetings, etc.
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including the personnel involved, maintaining workflows across Hollywood Brands
- Work closely within the Viacom Hollywood Post team to manage each project efficiently from pre-production through delivery.
- Ensure proper distributions of resources to maximize efficiency
- Stay up to date with new developing digital production and post-production technologies and workflows.
The Marketing Manager – Bellator MMA will assist with all Live Event marketing campaigns including but not limited to sponsor activations, promotions, advertising trafficking and more. This person will report to and support the Vice President, Live Event Marketing with marketing strategy, creative and campaign execution. A key element of the Marketing Manager’s responsibility will be maintaining positive and productive relationships with all Bellator MMA national sponsors, ensuring that all contractual elements are delivered properly and maximizing partnerships on a local level in markets that host Bellator MMA events through activations.
- Create, manage and execute all local live event market Sponsor Activations
- Fulfill all contractual elements of national sponsors (tickets, meet & greets, merchandise, promotional materials, etc)
- Media Buying and Traffic all ads for live event marketing campaigns
- Monitor all promotional execution to ensure that correct creative and assets are delivered and used. This includes venue, media and sponsor partners
- Collaborate with marketing team on all live event marketing campaigns and other company initiatives
Viacom Media Networks is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Sales and Business Development team of Content Distribution.
This role is responsible for managing the day-to-day executive assistant needs for the Senior Vice President and Vice President(s) of Content Distribution. This role requires a candidate who is very detail orientated and who enjoys working in a high pace and dynamic sales environment. The candidate for this role must be a forward thinker who anticipates needs, and is focused on ensuring his or her SVP has a smooth and focused schedule. This candidate must be a good communicator, with a passion for administrative work and a desire to help others. This candidate will develop and maintain key relationships with key internal assistants and client assistants with executives and distribution partners.
- Own the day-to-day calendar for the SVP and two VPs of Content Distribution. This includes, but is not limited to, scheduling meetings and events with internal and external parties, managing day to day phone access and availability of the SVP/VPs.
- Book all travel for the SVP/VPs of Content Distribution, which includes, but is not limited to, flights, car pick-ups, hotel booking, dinners and events planning with key clients.
- Candidate is responsible for helping Content Distribution schedule team events and activities, as well as managing the business events for the SVP/VPs.
- On behalf of SVP/VPs, candidate will help support Content Distribution Client Relations and send and follow up on RSVP lists for Viacom’s tent pole events and other key channel events.
- As delegated by SVP/VPs, candidate will also help support and organize select documentation, including, but not limited to, creating binders, copying and storing key documents.
- Candidate is responsible for managing a series of select administrative tasks on behalf of the SVP/VPs including, but not limited to, travel and expenses, and various approvals within Viacom administrative systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and foster strong and positive working relationships within Viacom and between Viacom and key distribution partners.
- Schedule meetings, book conference rooms, set up conference calls, handle incoming phone calls, maintain files and update databases.
- Assist in planning of client dinners, department events and team outings. When necessary, assist or accompany Client Relations for special events.
- Respond to facility issues, and assist with special projects as needed and as delegated by SVP/VPs.
- Administer and track key client information and tracking reports including, but not limited to, subscriber reports and information, financial reports and information, organizational charts, client lists, contractual compliance, data collection and contact information and key distribution data.
- Research time-sensitive client information on the Internet, such as channel lineups, corporate research and financial information.
- Attend to Viacom client groups and vendors regarding payment inquiries, and coordinate payment issues with key accounting teams. Work with third party vendors including obtaining W-9s and collaborate with Viacom Finance and Operations on any payment related issues.
- Assist with end of year accruals and other operational administrative duties as needed.
- As directed by SVP/VPs, assist with preparing emails, documents and other Word, Excel and Power Point documents in a timely manner.
- Scan agreements and other key documents for digital storage needs.
- Perform specific projects on as needed basis.
Art Director for the Burbank-based character artists.
- Execute and direct Character Art and Illustration.
- Ensure that all team-created artwork translates the attitude and values of the VNCP properties
- Review and critique work submitted by both staff and freelance character artists to ensure high quality of excellence and correct modeling.
- Make certain that all character artwork aligns with both property and business strategies.
- Assist in building relationships between content creators and VNCP.
- Partner with content creators to learn the modeling, styles and attitudes of all VNCP “priority” characters. Share this knowledge with the internal team.
- Maintain an awareness of the VNCP priority properties.
- Develop a pool of talent resources
- Position reports to SVP Character Art and Product Development Design, VNCP Global Creative Group
MTV/VH1 is looking for a Manager of Brand Strategy & Campaign Planning to work on the development of creative marketing strategy for MTV’s shows, events and other channel priorities. You must be able to navigate an exciting, dynamic and fast-paced environment with enthusiasm and efficiency. We’re looking for a motivated, pop culture obsessed person who is fascinated by shows, brands, and viewing audiences and is interested in translating audience intel and cultural insights into useful and inspiring strategic thinking.
- Work with the Director of Strategy to develop brand positioning/strategy and show vision that will excite the creative team and inform the organization
- Use internal research, cultural trends and competitive analysis to help identify the strategic direction for campaigns
- Experience with strategic positioning, creative briefs, graphics briefs, marketing briefs
- Work with Audience Research groups to strengthen strategic briefs: help determine target audience insights, and develop stimuli for testing purposes Initiate research analyze findings, translate insights to actionable strategy
- Work closely with all internal and external team members including Planning, Consumer Marketing, On-Air Design, Creative Ops and Brand Creative
- Expert awareness of what’s going on in the TV/streaming/social space (MTV, VH1 and competitors)
Nickelodeon Preschool (Nick Jr./Noggin) seeks a Jr. Copywriter to join its Brand Creative team. This Jr. Copywriter should have strong copywriting and copyediting skills—comfortable with switching between writing scripts for games and animations (kid-directed content) to writing/editing copy for marketing materials and error messages (parent-directed content) for our digital platforms.
- Exceptional writing and copy editing skills with an understanding of UX copywriting, content marketing copywriting, and creative writing
- Creative versatility to pitch, write, and execute a wide variety of content types including game and short (14 sec) animation ideas
- Strong attention to detail and copyediting skills; ensuring copy is grammatically and factually correct
- Well-rounded production skills
The Application Manager, Salesforce is responsible for functional project leadership, management and operational support of Legal applications across Viacom divisions, acting as the primary business facing functional point of contact.
The Manager will play a key role working with the business and the technology team to drive the development and transition to a new enterprise wide Contract Management platform built on Salesforce using Apttus CLM.
Your expected to be an experienced Project Manager with a background in systems or business analysis across the full SDLC, with ability to quickly understand business goals, aligning technology and process to meet those goals.
This position will report directly to the Sr. Director, Corporate Systems and be based in New York, NY.
- Function as the business IT functional leader and project manager during the Apttus CLM implementation and roll-out, conducted over multiple phases addressing different business areas.
- Understand business objectives and translate business needs into actionable system development projects, partnering with key business users and technical resources to drive projects through the whole SDLC from blueprint to implementation.
- Demonstrated hands-on and managerial experience with medium to large scale projects across all phases of the project life cycle, include management of supporting project plans.
- Experience with Agile project management.
- Experience documenting business requirements including user stories, process flows, test plans, training, implementation plans and support procedures.
- Good understanding of Legal and Contract management a plus.
- Media and Entertainment experience a plus.
- Ensures Compliance with appropriate security and controls as defined by policy and governance.
- Excellent customer facing communication skills for requirements gathering and presentations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Here at Viacom, our team mission is to explore what entertainment looks like in the future. We are creating experiences leveraging emerging technologies, with a focus on augmented reality, virtual reality, and iOT devices.
This position offers a unique opportunity to lead the innovation team’s software engineering efforts in creating prototypes for the various Viacom brands with a focus on exploring and demonstrating the capabilities of emerging consumer platforms. While the primary focus will be on VR and AR technologies, we are seeking candidates with experience across a range of iOT technologies.
- Lead the software architecture and engineering practice for the emerging technologies team.
- Act as Viacom’s subject matter expert for Virtual and Augmented Reality software development.
- Push the bounds of emerging VR and AR technologies, developing innovative solutions that can enable new products and patent for Viacom.
- Lead build sprints, providing architecture and engineering guidance for other team members.
- Build AR/VR experiences in Unity/C#.
- Work with software architecture and engineering teams across the company.
- Select appropriate technologies and Implement backend aspects of VR and AR experiences, such as networking to support multi-user experiences.
- Work in an Agile process to produce code that is structured and well documented.
- Represent Viacom at conferences and evangelize our innovation initiatives.
- Work with bodies such as the W3C on emerging VR and AR standards.
- Help setup and curate our VR/AR demonstration lab, presenting the latest technologies to the Viacom community.
The Manager, Paid Social Media is responsible for managing paid social media efforts holistically across the Nickelodeon portfolio. The ideal candidate has a passion for social media, a knack for analytics, and a desire to build innovative advertising solutions.
Our mission at Nickelodeon is to make the world a more playful place, and we should deliver on that mission in everything we do. This role is a fantastic opportunity to work with beloved IP, help develop marketing campaigns for Nickelodeon’s most iconic brands, and research, explore and discuss the most exciting trends in social media every day.
- Build strategic paid social media recommendations (inclusive of flighting, target parameters, investment, unit mix) across all social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.)
Simultaneously manage always-on and property specific paid social campaigns, often with varying audiences and objectives
- Execute paid social campaigns through self-service tools and optimize in real time
- Have expert knowledge of how to use paid social media to connect with parents, fans of Nickelodeon, and fans of Nick’s competitors
- Handle all reporting metrics for paid social media campaigns
- Provide actionable insights on target audiences to inform and evolve future campaigns
- Utilize data and insights to develop testing plans that optimize performance and institute strategies that inspire fan engagement
- Maintain close relationships with contacts at all social media platforms, staying abreast of all product updates and advertising opportunities
- Partner with property stakeholders across the marketing team to translate marketing briefs into media plans, identify the best assets for the platform and target audience, and analyze results
- Collaborate with external agency partners
- Serve as subject matter expert on all things paid social media and act as a resource for teams across the organization (Consumer Marketing, Franchise Marketing, Retail, etc.)
- Manage budgets on a campaign, quarter, and annual level and track all paid social media spend
The Manger, Contracts is a key role within the Global Location Based Experiences (‘LBE’) and International Consumer Products (‘CP’) legal team that is responsible for ensuring fast, efficient and consistent turnaround times for all deals across all territories worldwide whilst providing the business with a high level of professional service at all times.
- Autonomously managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex cross-jurisdictional contracts for LBE (hotels, theme parks, live shows/ events) and CP (toy, publishing, merchandise, content, digital and promotions);
- Maintaining relationships internally and externally (i.e. agents and licensees);
- Liaising with intellectual property team regarding IP infringement matters and supporting Senior Counsel with day to day IP protection matters;
- Liaising with global CP franchise planning team to facilitate implementation of various strategic initiatives;
- Preparing reports, performing research, and assisting with counterfeit sightings, debt collection and litigation matters as required;
- Acting as lead CP BALA contact for all international bankruptcy matters and regularly reporting on same to Senior Counsel, CP BALA and Senior Counsel, Viacom Corporate.
- Maintaining templates and suggesting updates; and creating new templates, as requested.
- Assisting Senior Counsel and/or VP of BALA on special projects as/when instructed; and assisting other Junior Contracts Managers and Senior Contracts Managers as required.
- Supervising work of the Junior Contract Manager and Intern from time to time;
Junior Contacts Manager is a key role within the Business and Legal Affairs (BALA) team that is responsible for ensuring a fast, efficient and consistent turnaround time for Global Location Based Experiences (LBE) and International Consumer Products (CP) for deals across all territories worldwide whilst providing the business with a high level of professional service at all times. Reporting to Contracts Manager, and providing support to Senior Contracts Managers, Senior Counsel and VP as/when required.
- Independently managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for licensing deals (merchandise, content and promotions) for business groups across the international region, as required, for Senior Contracts Manager’s review and approval;
- Autonomously drafting NDAs, notices, termination letters, consent letters, customs and authorization letters, and other correspondence;
- Drafting, and generally assisting Contracts Manager with, LBE deals as required;
- Tracking milestones and related matters for global LBE deals;
- Maintaining and updating internal reference resources for LBE and CP, including relating to onboarding and training materials;
- Liaising with global operations team to track and manage deal status and related reporting;
- Carrying out due diligence for LBE and CP deals and reporting clearly on findings to BALA, Compliance and Commercial teams; managing organization and distribution of signed CP contracts and coordinating with systems/operations team
- Performing research, assisting with sightings/counterfeit, debt collection and litigation matters as required;
- Maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders, agents and licensees; andmaintaining templates and suggesting updates.
- Creating new templates, as requested, for Senior Counsel’s review and approval; creating, maintaining and circulating BALA reports as required;
- Assisting Senior Contacts Managers, Senior Counsel and/or VP of BALA on special projects as/when instructed; andproviding administrative support from time to time as required by manager and other senior team members.
- assisting other Junior Contracts Managers as required and helping to supervise BALA Intern;
The Art Director’s primary function is to conceptualize and set stylistic direction for top quality designs. The Art Director has the ability to work on projects both directly and to oversee junior staff members. Projects created include a full-range of branding, print and digital designs, including but not limited to ads, brochures, digital newsletters, environmental installations, websites, merchandise, logos and brand looks. This position works directly with the VP, Design and Design Director to review strategies for work and objectives of new projects.
- Demonstrate leadership across the design team and within Catalyst as a whole
- Develop innovative graphic design that positions our company and brands in the most effective way possible
- Ideate and brainstorm concepts that reflect strategic business goals
- Work within, and simultaneously push forward the Viacom graphic identity
- Push projects forward with Minimal oversight; be able to work autonomously when needed
- Collaborate with writers, project managers, and digital team
- Effectively present work to clients
- Hire and oversee top quality illustrators, photographers and various vendors to meet the excellent standards set by Viacom
- Develop outstanding work under tight deadlines and tight budgets
- The position reports directly to the VP of Design
- This position works directly with the Vice President, Design and Design Director to review strategies for work and objectives of new projects
- The internal contacts for this position are Senior Vice President through assistant. External contacts for this position are various vendors including: photographers, illustrators, digital vendors, and printers
Counsel clients across all Viacom channels (BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, et al) regarding legal issues relating to multi-platform programming, including intellectual property, defamation, privacy, right of publicity, and handle related claims. This position will report to the SVP, Business and Legal Affairs and will be based in Hollywood, CA.
- Advise production and legal clients on a wide range of issues in the broadcast and digital realms, including copyright, fair use, trademarks, libel, defamation, privacy and right of publicity
- Review scripts, casting materials, programming and other related materials to identify legal issues
- Investigate and respond to related claims
- Clearly and succinctly articulate legal advice both verbally and in writing
- Manage a wide variety of issues and legal matters efficiently
The Director of Production will report to the VP, Production and assist in overseeing the Production team. Additionally, they will focus on the logistics and budgeting of Viacom Special Events and oversee of the production component of those events. Special Events include but are not limited to: small and large off-channel performances, up-fronts, networks’ holiday parties and executive meetings. The Special Events Department serves all Viacom networks: MTV, VH1, Comedy Central, CMT, Nickelodeon, Paramount Networks and TV Land.
- Budget creation, management and reconciliation for all events, which they are managing/producing
- Work effectively with creative, production and administrative teams while continuing to produce individual events
- Develop existing relationships and secure new relationships with local and national vendors in order to secure favorable rates and products
- Oversee a production staff, project-based freelance staff and crew, in order to ensure product is in line with the standards of Viacom
- Oversee tracking of deliverables during production including call sheets, schedules, travel itineraries, etc.
- Act as an internal resource for freelance or production personnel with regards to company policies and procedures
- Work closely with event team to develop budget, schedules, and staffing needs for each event
- Serve as an on-site manager, liaisons with vendors, crews, trouble shooter, logistics manager
- Interface with various internal departments to assist with production and logistics
The Director of Music Production works closely with the Vice President, Music Production in overseeing and directing all administrative duties, including budgeting, scheduling, invoicing, contract monitoring, payroll documentation and reports, handling union requirements and various other duties related to recording sessions and recording session staff for the music department.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Monitors and tracks music production costs in order to help ensure compliance with budgets
- Responsible for attending recording and scoring sessions, when necessary, to ensure that production needs are met and that sessions run smoothly and efficiently
- Interacts with the Labor Relations department regarding IATSE and other union and guild requirements in order to interpret and maintain guidelines set forth in the respective collective bargaining agreements pertaining to various recording personnel
- Assists in interpreting AFM and SAG labor agreements for music department staff. Answers questions regarding how compensation is tailored to the studio's payroll and accounting procedures
- Maintains precise files of recording production costs
- Prepares musician, orchestrator, and copyist payroll reports for payment by checking, salary computations, accounting coding, and all other relevant information. Forwards to outside payroll company for payment, and inspects the return invoices before reimbursement is made
- Ensures that all singers are cleared through the Screen Actors Guild before employment Determines singers’ fees based on the type of recording done and the number of hours worked. Prepares SAG Day Player contracts and handles requests for singers to be paid through the Company payroll
- Reviews and approves all payroll, invoices, and personnel action forms pertaining to recording sideline, rehearsal, and vocal sessions within the prescribed time limits set forth in all applicable labor agreements
- Computes reuse fees for musicians, orchestrators, copyists and singers. Provides AFM Phono and SAG/AFTRA contracts to the appropriate record companies releasing the soundtrack albums
- Compiles and confirms the accuracy of credit and label copy information for the record company editorial department
- Sole account coder of the ipayables/iworks system to process payments on behalf of legal/business affairs and clearance music departments
- Assists with music and script budgeting for motion pictures, including revisions
This role will be a key member of the Marketing and Partner Insights team, with an expertise in digital research. The ideal candidate will have strategic, analytical skills and be seasoned in digital, emerging platform and convergent research.
The position will support the Marketing and Partner Sales team responsible for a portfolio of media properties (including video, VOD, social media, etc.) using primary and syndicated research tools/methods. The ideal candidate will have as solid understanding of the digital media landscape including multi-platform viewing, advertising formats, consumer behavior, and advertising receptivity. This position will support measurement functions and competitive reporting as they pertain to Viacom as whole, as well as across all network brands.
Are you interested in being part of a fast-paced technology team at a leading entertainment company? Viacom is looking for a Business Analyst (BA) to support to support the Media and Technology Services organization, specifically within the Content Platform.
This Business Analyst position will have heavy impact and high visibility to essential, business-critical processes, and will be responsible for supporting products used to deliver content to partners such as Apple, Amazon, and Google. Here, you will have a hands-on role that will engage with one or more product and engineering teams to elicit, manage and own requirements for one or more enterprise products, services and processes.
The primary goal for this individual will be to understand business and system processes within the Content Platform Delivery and Operations. The person will work with customers across Viacom Media Networks (VMN), Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), and Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC). Specifically, the business analyst will:
- Act as a liaison between business stakeholders and engineers by translating business requirements into technical requirements that are in alignment with business strategy and objectives
- Work with business users to ensure the product is effective and that we are constantly improving our product
- Participate in planning, working with Product Managers, Project Managers, and Engineers to estimate effort for requirements and provide input to the prioritization of stories for development.
- Create, own, and refine user stories.
- Research, design, and document processes and systems for the enhancement, development, and maintenance of Viacom’s enterprise Content API
- Decompose features and requirements into user stories including acceptance criteria. Continue to decompose user stories in order to fit into sprints.
- Partner with product managers to develop and refine backlogs.
- Actively participate and coach during Agile activity meetings, including Scrum, Backlog Grooming and Sprint Planning to help identify risks and impediments, escalating as necessary.
- Support all rollout activities that are critical for making projects successful – business training, documentation, user hand holding, etc.
- Explore opportunities to implement efficiencies on existing business processes
- Gather and prepare business requirements for new and existing systems and / or business processes
- Escalate important issues to the attention of the Manager so that decisions can be made promptly.
- Foster collaboration among stakeholders and partners
Principal responsibilities include managing the financial planning process for the Global Consumer Products organization. This role requires an autonomous individual to the global revenue and expense support for financial recognition, forecasting, reporting, internal analysis, etc. The candidate filling this role will be tasked with organizing & reporting full P&L performance across all groups to various audiences, including sales team, marketing, senior management, cluster finance & corporate finance. This position will report to the VP Finance Global Licensing.
- Manage P&L for global consumer products and home video
- Partner with Paramount CP finance team to consolidate financials
- Provide monthly updates on quarter and full year outlooks along with assessment of risks & opportunities
- Identify and track risks & opportunities for Global Consumer products and home video
- Conduct monthly meetings with business leads to review financial performance against target budget. Provide actionable analysis
- Manage P&L allocation process to local territories
- Submit required financial packages to FP&A teams and Controllers group
- Assist in creating long-range strategic plans and annual budgets
- Ad hoc analysis as required by senior management
- Coach, lead, and develop team of 3 in NY, London, and Budapest
- Encourage process standardization and efficiency
The Director of Project Management, Corporate Content is directly responsible for the management of all corporate content created for the Nickelodeon networks. This will include work produced for presentations, including both videos and PowerPoint & Keynote presentations, and off-air branded premium and other assignments. This role is responsible for work closely across business, creative, design and other groups to provide clear and concise planning, budgeting and communication in order to ensure the successful execution of assignments.
- Primary point of project management contact for all network corporate assignments which includes video production and presentation design for upfront, newfront, budget, board and internal presentations, off-air brand work, premiums & ancillary assignments supporting these initiatives
- Build and maintain strong relations with executives, creative and design leads and other key stakeholders across the network
- Understand the business goals and objectives of each assignment, and identify the optimal processes and procedures to ensure a successful outcome of the project
- Work with creative teams and executives to create and maintain working timelines and budgets for all projects, communicating updates to these timelines as necessary
- Responsible for reviewing work with the executive teams and compiling and communicating feedback in a constructive and concise manner between stakeholders and creative teams
- Resolve issues that pertain to the project, including conflicting comments, timeline delays, etc as needed and required
- Schedule, attend, prepare for and participate in various meetings: status, kick-offs, reviews, rehearsals, presentations, etc.
Manage, direct, mentor and collaborate with direct reports, assigning and evaluating work as needed and ensuring their growth and success
- Maintain weekly status report for all assigned projects
- Understand the strategy behind the project management processes
- Update server with all necessary project documents/schedules/creative files
This position will report to a Director on the Retail Marketing team and focus on developing a full range of marketing programs to support Nickelodeon’s consumer products. In this role, the Senior Marketing Manager will be the point person for their counterparts on the Sales Team and will have a hand in all aspects of bringing Retail Marketing programs to life, with a focus on ecommerce. This person will work hand in hand with each level of the Retail Marketing and Sales Team touching ideation, asset development, project management, timelines, organization, and presentation development.
- Contribute to all phases of marketing program development including ideation, planning and execution to drive consumer product sales at retail
- Support the Retail Sales team with marketing strategies, presentation materials and seamless execution of programs
- Manage the overall customer experience for ecommerce marketing campaigns, using performance data to optimize the journey and drive conversion
- Lead execution of campaigns on Amazon Advertising platform, included but not limited to oversight of yearlong search and media campaign budget, and regular timely reporting
- Partner with key stakeholders such as Franchise Planning, Retail Development, and Nickelodeon Creative Resources to guide the development of marketing campaign presentations for both short and long term plans
- Brief internal and external creative agencies on both strategic and tactical marketing elements, while managing creative timelines, providing feedback and submitting for approvals
- Maintain and update all marketing communications (i.e. retail calendars & one sheets) and make sure that all materials are distributed internally so that teams are well versed on initiatives
- Work with key retail contacts to ensure smooth submission and execution on all marketing requests at account level (i.e. roll-out schedules, signage for events/promotions, complimentary digital support, etc.)
- Support in the development of social media and ancillary media strategy and requests for his/her key accounts
- Assist with management of the Retail Marketing budget by ensuring that all charges are noted and invoices are submitted in a timely fashion
- Continually research, liaise with new technologies to test and learn innovative ways to help drive consumer engagement
- Assist with other team projects as needed, outside of his/her key accounts, including multi-platform media campaigns, promotional events, trade presentations, etc.
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form video, apps, games, consumer products, social media and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 165 countries and territories. Viacom's media networks, including MTV, VH1, CMT, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, Comedy Central, Channel 5 (UK), Tr3s, Paramount Network and VIVA, reach a cumulative 3.2 billion television subscribers worldwide.
Viacom is seeking a Project Manager (Director level) in Robotics Process Automation (RPA) for our Process Excellence with Enabling Technologies (PEET) Center of Excellence. The Director is responsible for supporting the execution and development of process automation solutions by managing program activities, governance processes, metrics and measurement to ensure best in class approach to program delivery.
- Understanding our current state needs and requirements for the implementation of Process Automation
- Collaborate with developers and business partners to drive the delivery of Blue Prism RPA solutions and Natural Language Processing (NLP) and AI/ML solutions
- Consult and advise senior leaders on best practices and methodologies for Process Automation
- Engage Business Stakeholders on developing strategies and roadmaps
- Be a Trusted Partner with Viacom functions that have automations in process or in the pipeline
- Responsible for establishing, refining and enforcing governance processes, policies and reporting related to governance and oversight of the global technology portfolio of projects
- Ensure project processes are aligned to the organizational annual strategic planning process
- Define, manage, direct the daily execution of the project work effort
- Partner with Business and Finance teams to understand and determine resource needs and capacity planning
- Provide input into Business cases and realization of expected proposed project benefits/ROI
- Regularly evaluate and implement opportunities to improve project management best practices
- Work with reporting team to ensure project data analytics are built to sufficiently give insight into compliance with standards, overall project performance and coaching assignments
- Establish professional standards for project management - using industry innovations, best practices, standards, methodologies, and key performance metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Provide timely feedback via Project Review Board when new projects come up for review
- Cultivate professional relationships with key organizational leaders, based on trust and respect and act as a change champion
- Create organizational credibility with respect to all project management deliverables and process efficiencies by instilling the culture of execution, operational excellence, and accountability for outcomes
- Identify and prioritize organizational opportunities based on capacity data
- Oversee and govern Project Management tooling including JIRA, Confluence and Workfront
- Stakeholder in quarterly planning process and ensure projects go through Intake Process prior to PI Planning and that the outputs of PI Planning are captured in the systems
- Provide leadership in terms of evaluating and reporting coaching metrics to continually drive and measure quality
- Coach resources as Subject Matter Expert in DevOps, Agile, Six Sigma and Waterfall methodologies
- Contribute to the evolving maturity of Agile in the enterprise and look into innovative ways to continue to mature the PEET Center of Excellence (DevOps/TDD)
- Apply risk management assessment in project planning / ongoing execution and resolves issues and conflicts associated with management of multiple complex high-priority projects
This position is responsible for supporting the dubbing group within Worldwide Distribution Services.Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:* Raising and releasing Dubbing-related purchase orders as needed for theatrical features, nontheatrical product, catalog and TV episodic content
* Invoice receipt processing: reviewing, confirming receipt of materials from multiple vendors, and approving for upload to Basware/Invoiceworks systems
* Collaborating with International Legal to track delivery of talent contracts as required for each project
* Posting essential documents to collaboration site and archive inactive project documents to the department shared drive
* Pursuing delivery of necessary documentation (On Screen Text docs, contracts) from worldwide vendors and territory offices and tracking as needed
* Overseeing foreign main title management to include seeking approval for titles, obtaining suggestions, and distributing approved titles to worldwide vendors and territory offices
* Assisting in overflow work for Dubbing Project representatives
* Supporting Dubbing Manager and Executive Director as needed
* Ordering office supplies as needed
Counsel clients across all Viacom channels (BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, et al) regarding legal issues relating to multi-platform programming, including intellectual property, defamation, privacy, right of publicity, and handle related claims. This position will report to the SVP, Business and Legal Affairs.
- Advise production and legal clients on a wide range of issues in the broadcast and digital realms, including copyright, fair use, trademarks, libel, defamation, privacy and right of publicity
- Review scripts, casting materials, programming and other related materials to identify legal issues
- Investigate and respond to related claims
- Clearly and succinctly articulate legal advice both verbally and in writing
- Manage a wide variety of issues and legal matters efficiently
Viacom International Media Networks
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form video, apps, games, consumer products, social media and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 165 countries and territories. Viacom's media networks, including MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, Comedy Central, TV Land, SPIKE, Channel 5 (UK), Tr3s, Paramount Channel and VIVA, reach a cumulative 3.2 billion television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures, America's oldest film studio, is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.
The Research Analytics team is responsible for all BI research reporting outputs across Viacom’s International linear and non-linear platforms (TV channels, website/apps and social media). The role of the Analytics teams is to provide stakeholders with regular analytics, data-led insights and business expertise. Using reporting tools, we manage and publish numerous weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on performance and forecasting across all major metrics that inform and guide the business. Stakeholders (brand groups, regional clusters, business lines and HQ) look to the team for analytical insights and expertise relating to performance and trends across VIMN’s properties and the markets in which we operate.
In addition, the Analytics branch brings together dedicated BI operations, expertise, and support. Influencing all levels of the data flow from source through to report production, the group ensure business reporting is reliable, impartial, consistent and timely. The team is also involved in projects to build bespoke tools and dynamic dashboards to democratize research data across the business for self-service.
Working closely with the brand digital media leads the role will involve monitoring, reporting and analyzing performance of content across VIMN properties on digital media platforms, primarily social. This will include regular reporting and analysis across all key performance metrics, identifying trends and helping guide content strategy and audience development. In addition the role will provide competitive context and proactively anticipate industry trends and issues. As part of the Business Intelligence Research Analytics team the role will also proactively contribute to our aims of developing, enhancing and automating our reporting and analytics solutions in line with stakeholder and business requirements.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis of shortform/social media content across key performance metrics (views, time spent, engagement rates, view through rates, sentiment etc)
- Provide day to day insights on the performance of individual assets/content pieces and in turn be able to offer the best course of action based on the insight
- Highlight trends and tell the story of content performance, identifying any anomalies or issues that need addressing
- Run competitor analysis on other content types, brands and channels and use this insight to help guide our content strategies and give key insights in how we can adapt in order to grow
- Be able to provide in-depth analysis and case studies on particular topics on request and report findings back to relevant teams
- Deliver ad-hoc cross-platform (Websites, Apps & Social) reports & insights quickly to assist stakeholders with time sensitive business decisions
- Manage forecasting process for nominated brand and advise on performance to estimate
- Define workflow in internal and external systems to ensure correct data is captured and reported
- Manage and understand requirements across stakeholder groups and be able to support business objectives for these groups
- Work with the Reporting Operations group to develop, enhance and automate reporting solutions
Viacom is seeking a Senior Manager of Digital Analytics to join the Corporate Research team. This role is a vital part of the research team, delivering data analytics and audience insights for both digital and social reporting and ad hoc analyses for Viacom across its brands including MTV, Comedy Central, BET and Nickelodeon as well as its competition and overall marketplace trends.
- This position is responsible for regular reporting on the health of the business to Viacom corporate stakeholders, managing the creation and distribution of weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports across Viacom digital and social properties
- Leads research projects that drive strategic conversations and insights
- Conducts ad hoc analyses on Viacom consumption and engagement as well as competitive and marketplace analyses
- Responsible for the creation of quarterly earnings reports for Viacom digital
- Focuses on digital & social content consumption but may also be involved in projects that require collaboration with linear and cross-platform teams
- Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of performance and goal tracking
- Works closely with peers on the individual brand teams to share information, maintain and improve cross-functional processes
- Has a deep understanding of best practices and technical requirements for digital measurement and works with implementation teams to improve data integrity
- Builds and enhances key relationships with internal clients and external relationships with analytics vendors
- Proactively researches and tracks competitive products and trends to help inform key stakeholders and guide changes in strategies
Viacom is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories. With media networks reaching approximately 700 million global subscribers, Viacom's leading brands include Nickelodeon, MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, Comedy Central, TV Land, & Paramount network.
Television advertising is being reinvented through big data, predictive analytics and other audience segmentation tools that were previously only available in the digital world. Viacom Vantage, Viacom’s data-driven television platform, is at the forefront of this reinvention of TV advertising, and we are offering a select few individuals the opportunity to join our team.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to help lead this transformation. Your contribution to this business will be charting the future of the Vantage platform with solutions designed to support our broader industry initiatives with external partners and clients.
- Identify market opportunities to generate significant growth for Vantage solutions and industry partnerships, from licensing of optimization technology to OpenAP and beyond
- Define product vision and technical requirements to support development of overall Vantage industry solutions roadmap
- Identify and develop partnerships that enable us to activate our product vision
- Work directly with partners to understand their ongoing requirements and how our solutions must evolve to meet demand
- Partner with solutions and account teams in the rollout of our new products as part of the sales lifecycle from pre-sales and planning through delivery and reporting
- Build measurement framework for solution delivery, including KPIs and ongoing scorecarding and reporting on performance and trends
Viacom is seeking a full-time EDITORIAL MANAGER to work on the website and app copy across all Viacom brands. This person should be passionate about style guides/consistency, possess great communication skills and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while working collaboratively with different teams in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment. The editorial manager will also supervise a small team of writers and/or editors.
- Ensure brand voice is adhered to across sites and apps through content editing and writer development
- Assist in facilitating communication of work with internal groups
- Adhere to the in-house style guide and stays abreast of changes to mainstream style
- Help track the editorial team's delivery schedules and deadlines, and help drive projects to completion
- Edit archived copy as needed
- Fact-check and perform light research to ensure accuracy of information presented
- Edit a variety of copy and metadata across websites and apps
- Oversee & provide guidance to 3 copy writers
- Provide timely feedback to writers and keep track of revisions
- Have the ability to communicate feedback not only to writers, but explain style and grammar rules to non-writers
- Ensure that copy is optimized for SEO
The Program Manager has primary responsibility to plan, track, and manage to success the projects to which they are assigned. He/she will identify key stakeholders and help define the project objectives. The Program Manager manages projects according to Viacom-approved project frameworks, including both Agile and traditional project management approaches. He/she must be able to take an active senior leadership role in the team and create an environment that fosters the prescribed agile methods and processes. Finally, the Program Manager must be able to identify issues proactively, resolve conflicts, escalate if necessary, and work across the organization to execute the project.
The ideal candidate will partner with Project Managers and/or Scrum Masters to promote collaboration and coordination amid competing priorities to ensure strategic and tactical product goals are delivered. They will also drive activities within the program, leading to predictable, quality delivery of value. In addition, the Program Manager must be able to facilitate meetings and specific ceremonies, when applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand primary partner program needs and establish/enhance practices to effectively deliver against those needs
- Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, project managers, technology, and business sponsors
- Facilitate program-level ceremonies, processes, and overall execution
- Proactively track and report on program initiatives, operations metrics, and budgets
- Identify and manage risks and impediments that affect program scope, schedule, and quality
- Manage dependencies and risks within and across programs
- Collaborate with other Program Managers, Scrum Managers, and Project Managers to coordinate initiatives across multiple technology teams, from inception to delivery to consumer
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of a program roadmap, in close collaboration with Product Management, Engineering and various disciplines across the enterprise
- Facilitate cross-team scrum-of-scrums, where applicable
- Act as liaison for the program to other programs and management
- Assist in fine-tuning framework for cross-team communication, coordination of integration among components, and related governance
- Manage projects (when applicable) and their interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence and integrity of the delivery
- Manage multiple initiatives concurrently (as needed)
- Facilitate the production of high-level documentation around existing operational processes and proposed workflows within net new systems or optimized existing systems
- Participate in extensive cross-organization collaboration (e.g. quarterly planning), playing a crucial role in interfacing with end users and business stakeholders
- Manage relationships and deliverables from associated vendors (when applicable)
Additional Program Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate efforts in larger and more critical/complex programs and operational activities that involve integrating the work of multiple large teams
- Independently manage activities and resolve conflict within associated teams with minimal influence from management; work effectively with all levels of management and employees
- Participate in knowledge sharing forums to encourage program and project delivery excellence
- Strong understanding of associated domain (related technologies, processes, etc.)
- Be an advocate for delivery excellence and challenge practices that impede quality
The Noggin team at Nickelodeon is responsible for creating entertaining and educational digital products for kids, and supportive tools for parents. We are an inclusive team of problem-solvers who value independent thinking and skillful collaboration with internal and external team members.
- are an advocate for the user
- make design decisions based on available research and data
- have an eye for visual design
- are a master at wireframing and prototyping
- are up to date on the latest design and consumer technology trends
- are adaptable and open-minded
- are an independent thinker
- are not a diva
You will be:
- producing end-to-end UX (and sometimes UI) design deliverables for cross-platform experiences
— journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, production-ready UI assets
- optimizing and iterating on the UX of existing digital products
- testing new UX and UI designs with users
You develop sales and retail account forecasts, inform assortment and pricing decisions, and helps lead top line and bottom line growth for our business with Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Ingram Entertainment, Alliance Entertainment, and many others. Most meaningfully, You serve as a leader within the business intelligence team to offer recommendations on how to handle and improve the domestic physical distribution business.
We require cross functional interaction with Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations and you will have strong analytics and problem solving, a real passion for entertainment products. You will analyze large amounts of operational & financial data to assess and review performance of our products. You are well organized, detail oriented, and are able to perform a variety of tasks under time pressure and strict deadlines.
- You lead two managers to develop annual revenue plans for all lines of business.
- We work directly with sales managers to deliver Paramount’s business objectives.
- You directly work with senior management to report and scorecard account performance on a regular basis.
- Make recommendations and propose profit improvement opportunities based on key trends and drivers.
- You develop tracking to monitor daily sales trends and key industry findings.
- You analyze performance to identify areas of risk or opportunity, and craft plans to mitigate or accelerate those
- Present new reporting and dashboards to support better forecasting, planning, and performance measurement
The Director of Production Operations is responsible for all aspects of the post-production process for short and long-form content produced by Viacom Media Networks. Most importantly, the Director of Production Operations is responsible for ensuring delivery protocols as outlined by the Network, as well as the NOC, covering platforms including (but not limited to) linear, digital, VOD, DTO, mobile and social media. The Director of Production Operations is the key contact between series, production management and various lines of business, communicating technical requirements and ensuring delivery of assets.
Responsibilities & Duties:
The Director of Production Operations oversees the delivery process from top-level, as it relates to individual productions delivering content to the network. This individual is a liaison between the production, the studio and the network. They must see to it that all scheduling and technical concerns (as they relate to post production) are followed and it is their responsibility to alert the VP of Post Production, the Line Producer of their show(s) and the GM/SVP of the Studio to any problems that may arise that would cause the production to miss delivery/air dates that fall outside of the agreed upon Post Production budget or not adhere to Viacom technical standards. This individual works with each production to review and define the production guidelines as requested by the network. In addition, this position serves as liaison between groups to problem-solve creative challenges tied to delivery of content for a multitude of projects and platforms (promos, app, linear, digital, VOD, DTO, mobile and social media).
- Ensure delivery protocols and technical standards are being upheld. This will include site visits to third party production companies and post facilities (with occasional travel) in order to confirm all technical standards meet Viacom’s needs.
- Troubleshoot to define post and delivery contingency plans as needed, and manage network expectations both internally within Viacom and externally with producers. Facilitate special requests in timely manner between production and various lines of business; supervise delivery of assets
- Educate personnel on various post-production technologies and delivery methods
- Update internal and external personnel on the status of projects, requests
- Provide hire recommendations as requested for show post production teams, including but not limited to post supervisors, coordinators, PA, editors, and AE’s.
- Establish and maintain post facility relationships with various vendors in Los Angeles, New York and throughout the world, and recommend post facilities as needed.
- Advise on post production budget line items as requested by Viacom’s Production Management department.
We are a branded content studio. Our main goal is to ensure our brand partners are always part of the cultural conversation. We offer full-service marketing capabilities delivering custom content and creative solutions across all our platforms and experiences, driving value for our partners and loyalty with our fans. Long story short, we make killer brand driven content wherever and whenever our partners want it.
The Velocity Pitch team is a market facing team focused on advertiser partner needs and lead ideation based on client brief, data and insights, and VMN talent/ assets. The Manager position reports into the Director, working across music and entertainment networks. In this role, you will partner with Ad Sales and support the Pitch Management team to help ideate and develop convergent campaigns across various Viacom Properties. Collaboration is at the core of this role as you will be working closely with execution and creative counterparts to manage client requests.
In addition, you should be a team player, a fan of our content, talent and franchises, and have a passion for developing innovative and creative sponsorship solutions for clients that are engaging, drive revenue and provide meaningful solutions.
- Author support materials for the advertising sales force, including standard sponsorship packages and custom convergent programs
- Work cross disciplinarily along-side marketing and sales to address client feedback and/or changes to a marketing proposal/concept
- Participate in / lead creative development, presentation and project management, supporting a dedicated sales team
- Track, communicate and disseminate client sponsorship information in order to provide oversight and a constant flow of communication
- Monitor progress on all outstanding custom pitches and update reports accordingly
Nickelodeon is looking for an Art Director to oversee brand design creative for our Preschool properties. The Art Director will be responsible for visually communicating the Nick Jr. and Noggin brand aesthetics as they relate to marketing, videos and games for children across multiple platforms including broadcast & digital and for parent audiences across social media. A strong understanding of television video promotions and digital media is a must, as well as an aptitude for working with preschool and parent-driven materials.
Nickelodeon Preschool has an active, passionate fan base across multiple platforms, from children ages 2-8 to parents & caregivers of preschoolers. Our team works hard to develop playful, groundbreaking edutainment that ignites our fans’ passion for our IP and fosters long-term loyalty to the Nick Jr and Noggin brands.
Our mission at Nickelodeon is to make the world a more playful place. We are searching for an Art Director to help us deliver on that mission by aiding in the execution of concepts and plans that inspire our fans to play, engage and discover something new with us and our characters. This position is a fantastic opportunity to work with beloved global IP helping develop campaigns for Nickelodeon Preschool’s most iconic shows and explore & deliver on the most exciting trends in art, design and entertainment creative.
- Act as a liaison for the Brand Design team with Animation & Brand Creative as well as internal programming divisions ensuring synergy and brand excellence across Nick Jr. and Noggin creative
- Execute art & design that translates the attitude and values of our properties across all businesses categories
- Explore head turning creative that enhances our properties and grows our business
- Hands-on creative with excellent motion graphics abilities and strong aesthetic judgment
- Support, mentor, inspire and elevate the design team including graphic & motion designers
Plan and produce live action video shoots particularly the art direction of wardrobe and set styling
- Critique work submitted by internal and external artists to ensure high quality of excellence and delivery on brand promise
- Translate marketing objectives into creative strategies and direct team into production
- Oversee and guide creative pitches and presentations with producer partners
- Work with producers, animators and designers to produce content for network on-air promotions and digital short form videos across digital, apps and YouTube
- Maintain an awareness of all Nick Jr. & Noggin animated properties
- Ability to attract and retain freelance roster of amazing creative pool including graphic designers, motion designers, animators, 3D artists and illustrators
- Ability to oversee & maintain vendor relationships with agencies, fabricators, artists, & motion design studios
- Liaise with various departments across the organization such as network & digital programming, on-air/off-air marketing, and social to ensure a cohesive & holistic campaign is created
- Ability to concept & deliver own projects as well as assign projects to both the internal team and external creators
- Work with project and production management to ensure timely and affordable delivery of all creative
- Position reports to VP Brand Design, Nickelodeon Preschool
- Manage Social Media Managers/Coordinators; position reports into the Sr. Director
Work with the Consumer Marketing Team on social media buying for tentpoles and programming priorities
- Responsible for internal paid media buying to help boost editorial/programming priorities and social media initiatives
- Identify opportunities for emerging social platforms based on key learnings and propose new ways to succeed in social media as a result.
- Own social reports on day-to-day and campaign-based key metrics, as well as have an acute awareness of fan sentiment/response.
- Ideate and execute content creation opportunities centered around programming priorities, tentpoles, stunts, etc to help extend the brand voice and create engagement opportunities across social platforms
- Responsible for identifying and managing relationships with content creators
- Manage relationship with outside social media vendors
- Ensure social copy is on-brand and representative of VH1, as well as the ability to create clear calls to action and convey marketing initiatives in social posts.
- Produce forward-thinking social media content including social videos, Live(s), memes, photo manipulation, infographics, gifs, etc.
- Work with the Sr. Director to manage budgets and forecast spends