• Serves as lead on high-profile projects, including tentpole events and marquee, non-scripted content
• Brings to the role strong relationships with a wide range of media (consumer/trade, etc.)
• Crafts key talking points; oversees internal and external messaging around projects
• Creates press strategies for key series across all three brands
• Manages junior staff on select projects
• Understands and promotes brand messaging in pitches/stories
• Explores and executes trade media opportunities surrounding show assignments (e.g. greenlights, renewals, etc.)
• Leads ratings release efforts on assigned projects
• Creates and edits press materials for respective series; edits copy from junior staff
• Working experience with crisis communications
• Identifies/executes key speaking opportunities for executives through panels/speaking engagements and industry “top executive” lists
• Oversees awards campaigns
The Producer/Editor will assist the creative team in delivering the highest quality work through effective writing, production and execution of promotional commercials, presentations, reels, social/digital content and associated creative. Specific responsibilities include:
- Produce and edit compelling television tune-in spots and ensure consistency in look, tune-in information, and accuracy of all messages
- Produce and edit compelling social content for use on all social and digital platforms
- Conceptualize creative assignments
- Direct on set and on location talent when necessary
- Act as on-air and social/digital talent (as primary host to camera, actor or extra) when necessary
- Provide technical and production assistance on shoots
- Media logging, cue sheet reporting, feed sheet delivery, library management and general production assistance
- Support production shoots for projects in their client group
- Liaise with Creative Director and Design Teams to incorporate key elements and deliverables, as needed
- Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of information in the project tracking system (OASIS) for the projects they work on
Viacom Media Networks Viacom Distribution & Business Development is the department responsible for negotiating distribution agreements, maximizing revenue, and marketing opportunities from traditional (Comcast, DirecTV, Verizon FiOS, etc.), digital (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.) and new media distribution channels while ensuring that fans can discover and engage with Viacom content on every available device and platform.
This position is a Marketing Coordinator within the Distribution & Business Development division reporting to the Manager. The primary function of this position is to help execute overall partner marketing objectives and strategies in conjunction with various cable, satellite, telco and digital distributors to drive distributor and Viacom revenues, reinforce the value of the Viacom Media Network Brands (specifically Paramount Network, CMT, TV Land) and increase exposure and ratings.
- Assist the Manager in the development and execution of partner-specific marketing campaigns and partnerships across the portfolio of brands.
- Develop creative briefs and manage brand message, image and presence in the routing and execution of distributor campaigns and materials.
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with brand contacts (marketing, programming, creative, research, legal, press etc.) to act as brand liaison and expert to the department and distribution partners.
- Attend brand and distributor meetings to capture and relay important information and priorities back to the department.
- Maintain all distributor and brand information including programming calendars, promotion trackers, marketing newsletters, ratings trackers, Viacom affiliate website, and other relevant Viacom systems.
- Research and identify industry trends that will affect distribution and marketing plans in the short and long-term.
- Collaborate with peers to share best practices and recommend distributor campaigns and opportunities.
- Supervise logistic and financial elements of Nick Experience projects (which will include both televised and non-televised projects) and work with the Live Events production and production management teams on tentpole events
- Coordinate, manage and assist VPs in all areas on assigned projects; including, but not limited to security, credentials, budget creation and/or review, cash flow preparation, book crew and payment processing
- Implement and facilitate production plans and budgets for Nick Experience projects
- Manage and supervise all aspects of phsycial production, including but not limited to legal, risk assessment, financial and technical issues
- Process payment process for vendors and project-based employees
- Track and report all estimated final costs
- Supervise network background check procedure
- Interact with the various Nick Experience teams
- Ensure that Viacom policies and procedures are adhered to
- Coordinate security credentials plans and distribution at tentpole events
- Work with Long Form production executives, as assigned, in revewing and executing production plans
Provide supervision for Production Clerks (2)
Oversee all technology operations of the Feature Animation division, which includes Digital Resource management, Core pipeline engineering, Workflow engineering and management, Show setup, Review facilities operation, Post production and Archival support. Collaborate with senior technology and production leadership to strategize, implement and enhance our global pipeline, in line with the long-term Studio goals, while maximizing investment in development efforts. We expect a broad knowledge of Feature Animation and VFX film production techniques and technologies, that covers as many areas of 3D as possible, solid development experience, and a proven history in relevant supervision roles.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Build a structured Animation technology team to work effectively with the Shows and the larger IT organization at Paramount
- Interface with many layers of management and support personnel throughout Paramount Pictures’ local, Viacom and International offices, as applicable
- Facilitate hardware and software purchases for AT
- Manage Animation Technology personnel and workload
- Collaborate with Animation Division leadership to strategize and execute technology solutions that fits each Show’s needs while balancing the global Studio goals
- Partner with the business client to design or re-engineer in order to achieve increased efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage Animation production vendor technology relationship, cross-site review needs and overall operational support
- Provide on-going oversight and support for managed applications and infrastructure systems; escalating issues as necessary, including performing hands-on correction of problems, if needed
- Define, document, and evaluate the current business functions and information needs
- Supervise show pipeline and tool development, providing leadership on architecture and methods. Ensure the scalability and reliability of show-developed tools
- Partner with VFX Supervisor and R&D/Pipe to address complex show-specific pipeline needs. Break down pipeline and tool development projects into development tasks and assign them to the pipeline team
- Ensure effective communication between Leads, Supervisors, R&D and the show's pipeline team, as well as make sure critical information is shared across shows
- Standardize show production, archival and backup processes
The Copy Director for Nickelodeon’s Partner Positioning and Presentations (NP3) team is responsible for articulating the company’s business strategy and unique value proposition on behalf of its Consumer Products, Retail, Ad Sales and Partner Marketing organizations. In this role, he/she will craft intelligent, informative and compelling copy for use in executive presentations, partner materials, marketing communications and more. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, expert writer and highly collaborative team player.
- Work with NP3 business leads to shape and create stories that clearly articulate Nickelodeon’s strategy to internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Develop copy for Nickelodeon’s trade presentations and marketing communications, including partner-specific pitches and core capabilities materials.
- Work closely with the NP3 creative team to translate business concepts and copy into compelling design.
- Foster strong relationships across the Nickelodeon organization and partner on cross-departmental projects.
- Keep abreast of the Nickelodeon business, its partners and current market trends.
- Proofread and edit all NP3 materials to ensure accuracy and consistency of message.
- Help execute internal marketing and communications programs designed to drive awareness of NP3 initiatives.
The BA Manager, Financials and Contracts is responsible for supporting the existing applications and managing all phases of application development, including project management, analysis, business process design, functional requirements, functional testing, user acceptance testing, and customer rollout for the Consumer Products portfolio. This person will be a central liaison between the internal IT department, 3rd party vendors, and business users operating within the team’s portfolio. The portfolio consists of royalty / licensing, financial subledger, and license/agent portals including forecasting and deal memo applications supporting the Consumer Products division. There is a high level of focus on the accounting and financial aspects of the Consumer Products systems and processes. The BA Manager will conduct analysis and other activity to ensure that the solutions provided align with and fully meet the business needs. This position requires a high level of leadership, analysis, relationship management, and multi-tasking.
- Analysis of requirements and issues requires a solid understanding of accounting and financial processes relevant to the Consumer Products / Licensing industry.
- Manages and resolves problems for production support and projects by overseeing all issue resolution progress and tracking project milestones. Works to resolve issues and escalates when required to Management so that decisions can be made promptly.
- Manages all rollout activities that are critical for support and making projects successful – user acceptance testing, business training, documentation, user hand holding, etc.
- Leads requirements gathering sessions to understand and document complex business needs, often eliciting hidden requirements and/or clarifying vague or unclear requirements. Ensures proper documentation, including use cases, and works with the development leads on their functional specifications ensuring customers / stakeholders approve the documentation.
- Analyzes information requirements that may cross multiple systems.
- Applies thorough understanding of business processes and user needs to formulate and define system scope and objectives.
- Creates workflow diagrams to document current and future business environment.
- Reviews test cases, plans testing cycles, and participates in all testing activities for all project sizes. For larger projects, works with internal QA team on all aspects.
- Manage large sized projects or a portfolio of small projects where there is significant complexity, visibility/priority and risk to the business. Develops project plans and manages risk and change management processes. Manages resources, including allocating, tracking and adjusting utilization, and ensuring all project team members understand and accept their project roles and responsibilities.
- Communicates in written, oral and presentation formats to best represent and express user and organizational requirements to audiences up to senior management of IT and the customer
- Collaborates with senior level users to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems or improve existing processes.
- Manages conflicting needs and can influence / negotiate across the organization and different stakeholders to drive consensus, including commitments to deliverables.
- Effectively and proactively clarifies, sets, and manages customer expectations including delivering tough messages. Delivers balanced and constructive feedback to client and team members throughout the duration of the project including effectively resolving conflict.
- Builds productive networks within IT, internal customers and the vendor community.
- Manages vendors work including chasing deliverables and negotiating to achieve Viacom’s expectations.
- Identifies and resolves obstacles and risks encountered during the project or program and develops mitigation strategies to address them.
- Provides ongoing support to the business by responding to inquiries and system issues, ensuring prompt resolution with minimal impact to business operations. The support requires full analysis of the issues and understanding of the business requirements and process.
Nickelodeon Velocity is seeking an Executive Producer to join the team. They will work with Creative team to produce and provide direction for various advertising projects in support of Sales, Marketing Partners and External Clients. Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Vice President Creative Director, Creative Teams, Head of Production and Project Mangers on assigned projects
- Supervise and review production work to ensure all creative goals and standards of production are met
- Ensure all budgets and schedules are handled in the most efficient manner
- Oversee and supervise all production teams during prep, pre-production, shoot and post production in addition to mentoring Production Assistants on the process
- Stay current with production trends and technology
- Show a great deal of resourcefulness when choosing production partners (i.e. Production Houses, Editorial, Visual Effects and Audio and Casting Facilities)
- Monitor specific Advertising content vertical in terms production of new business pitches in terms of production budgets and foreseeable logistics
The Brand Insights, Ad Sales Insights Research Team at BET Networks is responsible for developing, executing, synthesizing, and leveraging consumer insights to inform the BET Networks Enterprise including leadership, clients, and agencies. The Strategic Insights and Research department is built on the foundation of an expertise in broad-based insights into the African American Consumer Market, and specifically their content consumption attitudes, behaviors and evolving lifestyles. The Director, Ad Sales Insights will report to the SVP of Strategic Insights & Research and dotted line to the VP, Ad Sales, Midwest Region, and support research efforts for the BET Network Ad Sales Insights. The ideal candidate is an experienced Insights professional with a deep knowledge of, and passion for turning insights into action and a proven track record of influencing business decisions with fan insights. The ideal candidate also has expertise in either the entertainment content or the African American consumer market.
- Support the BET Sales team to develop, track, and present a holistic understanding of the brands across the BET Networks enterprise. This includes linear and multi-platform audience understanding.
- Act as an industry expert on the African American Audience to clients/agencies.
- Utilize primary survey data and secondary syndicated databases to build custom selling stories for BETN.
- Design, execute and analyze custom research projects on a variety of topics and categories.
- Provide research and insights to the BET Networks Sales group to inform the sales process, client consulting, and ad effectiveness
- Engage with client and agency research team to define research objectives and analysis plans.
- Work with a cross network team to help create / drive a deep fan culture across the organization.
The Brand Insights, Content and Marketing Research Team at BET Networks is responsible for developing, executing, synthesizing, and leveraging consumer insights to inform the BET Networks Enterprise including leadership, development, press and marketing. The Strategic Insights and Research department is built on the foundation of an expertise in broad-based insights into the African American Consumer Market, and specifically their content consumption attitudes, behaviors and evolving lifestyles. The Senior Manager will report to the VP of Consumer Insights and Marketing Optimization and support all research efforts for the BET brands. The ideal candidate is an experienced Media Research professional with a deep knowledge of, and passion for media, entertainment content and the African American consumer market. They should also have a solid base of experience in research design, execution and analysis.
- Support the research team to develop, track, and present a holistic understanding of the brands across the BET Networks enterprise.
- Help manage proprietary online research panels and vendor partners
- Provide research and insights to the BET Networks Marketing group to inform show/brand positioning, audience targeting and engagement, creative campaign development and media planning
- Provide pre-launch awareness/intent-to-view tracking and post launch effectiveness analysis of our key franchises.
- Work closely with the research vendors to deliver content based insights, including pilot tests, show testing and studies to support the maintenance of key franchises
- Work with the Analytics team to deliver show recaps
The Senior Storage Engineer will provide technical leadership in delivering relevant technical solutions based on best practice across a wide variety of enterprise storage platforms. You will be part of a global IT infrastructure team with critical importance to upcoming corporate initiatives as well as further growth and advancement of our business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical review of proposed solutions based on understanding of business needs and direction of technology domain. Proposes technology investments supported by a thorough technical analysis and business case.
- Estimates efforts and provide technical guidance to team members.
- Coordinates and supports the development of technical solution deliverables.
- Identifies and communicates project risks and concerns with Storage Director and project team.
- Provides recommendations on industry leading best practices, services, and systems footprint for the improvement of business systems usage throughout the company.
- Provides oversight to the monitoring and assessment of the performance of technologies and recommends necessary actions to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
- Serves as primary escalation point of contact role for technical issues. Troubleshoots technical problems and coordinates resolution.
- Be a hands-on, active team member of the global storage team.
BET Networks is one of the top 20 cable networks and is the #1 cable network with people who watch the most TV.
BET Networks is seeking an Account Executive to join the sales team in New York. The primary focus of this role is to generate advertising revenue working closely with key clients and agencies.
S/he will also work closely with the Director of East Coast Sales and other members of the sales team to strategize on building revenue for the network. The Account Executive will be based in New York and report to the Director of East Coast Sales.
The Account Executive plays an important role within the BET sales team and is responsible for managing key relationships with agencies and clients. S/he must be a client-focused seller who has experience in television media sales.
The Account Executive will develop, close and manage business from new and existing national accounts on the East Coast. S/he must be able to create, develop and execute sales strategies and proposals. This role is important throughout the entire year, and is a critical role during BET Upfronts.
Specifically, the Account Executive will:
- Nurture and grow the network’s sales efforts with targeted clients and identify opportunities to up sell and cross sell.
- Create and implement sales strategies that resonate with the network’s current and potential clients.
- Create sales presentations for key, target categories and accounts within the territory.
- Generate revenue that meets or exceeds the network’s budget.
- Participate in the upfront and scatter negotiations with agencies/clients.
- Effectively collaborate with multiple departments in order to achieve network objectives and optimize revenue through strategic and creative means.
- Continually identify, define, and quantify both existing and new revenue opportunities.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports (weekly activity reports, weekly account updates, proposal reviews, monthly projections/forecasts, etc.) for management.
- Locate non-traditional advertising budgets as well as existing media budgets and sell the network as the advertiser of choice for a very desirable audience.
- Manage and monitor sales support staff, departmental budgets, and research as necessary to meet client’s needs.
- Attend weekly internal and cross-platform sales meetings.
Velocity is Viacom's branded content and marketing studio. We develop creative and strategic solutions that connect our advertising partners to our passionate fans and the cultural power of our brands. Long story short, we’re storytellers who are fluent in fandom.
At Velocity, it’s mind over marketing. We value diversity of thought – for us, your unique viewpoints, what inspires you and how you think are just as important as your previous work experience. We’re looking for rabid consumers and creators of pop culture who want to figure out ways to put our brands in front of and in the middle of the cultural conversation.
Velocity Culture & Creative Insights is responsible for unearthing insights about different audiences and the cultural context in which they exist. The Manager should have a strong interest in consumer brands, media, business and culture, and possess the ability to think strategically about how these elements interact. An entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to adapt to a variety of business and cultural initiatives are critical. You will provide support and at times lead various client-facing projects, potentially including business and brand strategies, insights/trends studies, competitive research reports, insights that fuel the development of creative concepts, communications and events.
- Support cross-disciplinary working team(s) in the development of project deliverables
- Research and analyze relevant industry and cultural trends, evaluate business problems
- Prepare creative/strategic briefs and project assignments and manage timelines, etc.
- Lead the development of presentations, videos and briefing materials
- Manage day-to-day relationships with third-party partners
- Manage project resources, including timelines, budgets, materials production, event planning, etc.
The Counsel for the Multiplatform Ad Sales, Business Development and Digital Team, Viacom Media Networks Business and Legal Affairs group will be supporting advertising, technology and media transactions. Responsibilities include enterprise technology and IT infrastructure support, multiplatform advertising sales and operations, product development, research and data licensing, information security, anti-piracy and distribution. Work on a variety of complex transactions for various business areas across all Viacom Media Networks programming services and the Viacom Media and Technology Services group supporting Viacom Media Networks, Black Entertainment Television and Paramount Pictures. This position reports to the Senior Vice President.
- Structure, draft and negotiate services agreements, software development agreements, enterprise software and software-as-a-service licenses, hardware licenses, agreements relating to the purchase and sale of advertising across linear, digital and emerging platforms, data licenses, strategic alliances, integrated marketing agreements and distribution and license agreements in all media platforms.
- Advise and counsel a broad range of client groups representing all Viacom Media Networks programming services and the Viacom Media and Technology Services group on a variety of complex business and legal matters, including responsibility for, or key involvement in, developing and implementing policies, practices and strategic initiatives across business and legal teams.
- Knowledge of software and technology services and digital media required, with experience required in one or more of the following areas: software licensing and development, ad sales operations, social media, data licensing, privacy, copyright, anti-piracy and other intellectual property laws, distribution, licensing and entertainment.
The BET Networks Corporate Communications Director position will assist in developing and executing Corporate Communications programs that shape awareness, attitudes and perceptions for BETN and its employees, consumer press, trade media, advertisers, industry executives and Viacom Corporate/Viacom Brand partners. The person in this position will help implement the corporate communications strategy, including external consumer and trade industry media pitching and outreach, issues management, internal/external events and internal communications efforts, along with support of corporate responsibility initiatives. This position will report to the Executive Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs.
- Develop relationships with BET Networks executives to create and execute internal and external communications strategies that express the company’s vision, values and thought leadership
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders including media (TV, print, online, blogs), employees (in other BETN departments and Viacom), outside industry organizations, and influencers
- Pitch and place stories on the BET Networks brand, executives, shows, specials and initiatives
- Develop press releases, talking points, scripts, Q&As, briefing documents, fact sheets and other press and company materials
- Support the Office of the Chairman and CEO by implementing strategic press initiatives and supporting internal and external events and activities
- Support the company’s overall corporate initiatives (e.g. attending events/activities and working with Event Planning and Corporate Relations, Ad Sales, News, Digital and/or Marketing teams)
- Identify key speaking opportunities for executives and manage speaking engagements, sponsorship opportunities and participation in industry conferences
- Liaise with Viacom’s communications team and leverage internal channels to share BETN stories (e.g. Viacom blog)
- Develop internal communications (e.g. memos, announcements, boilerplates, executive bios) and assist in managing employee events (e.g. Corporate Town Hall, executive presentations)
- Assist in identifying potential (crisis) communication problem areas and recommend viable solutions
- Schedule weekly meetings to update key stakeholders on progress of projects
Inspired by the idea of re-imaging our office experience and fueled by the possibilities of new workplace solutions, new ideas and knowledge, our internal Planning & Design Studio is looking to hire new team members. Our studio has a proven track record of delivering groundbreaking spaces for our clients that include MTV, Nickelodeon, VH1, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, TV Land and CMT.
Viacom’s Planning & Design Studio is hiring a Project Coordinator who’s not afraid of taking risk with a proven record of working in a collaborative environment. We are thinking outside the box and pushing workplace design to satisfy today’s talent and we need you. The position reports into the Project Director of Planning & Design
- Serve as Project Coordinator to Planning & Design Project Managers on Viacom construction projects in New York, both large and small. Responsibilities include:
- Coordination for all phases of design, as required.
- Coordination of the Project Database.
- Programming – quantitative verification, as required.
- Project Administration – meeting minutes and team status reports
- Project Scheduling and updating meeting schedules for all projects.
- Representing Viacom to the outside consultants on behalf of the Planning & Design Studio as required.
- While assisting the Design Manager on furniture or design projects, the Project Coordinator will:
- Provide Design Concepts which include, research, requesting and selecting samples of finishes, furniture, and fabrics
- Pricing and follow up with vendors, consultants and internal departments as required.
- Ability to create presentation/story boards and renderings
- While assisting the Project Director, the Project Coordinator will:
- Maintain the Project Management Curriculum “Green Book”. This “how-to handbook” is used as a benchmarking, training and reference guide for all P&D’s policies and procedures as it relates to projects & facilities management.
- Maintain the Project Database, which includes Benchmarking, Project Documentation & Files and Signage.
- While assisting the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will:
- Complete pricing and scope drawings and coordinating with consultants and internal departments as required.
- Organizing and assisting the coordination of project documentation, bids for leveling and project administration.
- While working with the Facilities and Move Team on special projects as requested, the Project Coordinator will:
- Plan, select finishes, request samples, pricing and follow up with consultants and internal departments as required.
- Coordinate and manage move scope activity for misc. projects.
- Coordinating Viacom drawings on the Planon facility management system. Updating all Viacom floor plans due to construction changes and posting current floor plans on the intranet and/or floor plan binders as required.
- Maintain the Ergonomics program for all Viacom offices and coordinate with the Facilities Group for installation and deliveries.
- Organize and maintain the digital and physical design library by reaching out to industry vendors for updates and presentations as well as keeping all manufactures samples and literature up to date.
- Organize and maintain project documentation digital database and physical binders.
- Responsible for Misc. Request (lamps, signage, graphics, shelving).
- Day to day responsibilities will include Monthly Maintenance walkthrough for floors @ 1515, 1540 and 345.
- Provide a high quality of service and professionalism to the Viacom Planning & Design projects and clients. Understand the different Channel identities, culture, purpose and function.
- Develop and maintain good rapport with all Viacom point people, MTS, Security, as well as Viacom consultants and vendors.
- Collaborate with all Core Services staff as an integral means of achieving departmental goal of providing high level of customer service.
Creative Director has overall responsibility for creative ideation of Nickelodeon Theme Parks, Lands, Attractions and Exhibits with a particular focus on guest experience.This position will provide leadership, inspiration, and creative vision for translating the Nickelodeon Brand and its various intellectual properties into successful and unique entertainment experiences.
- Develop the brand stories needed to create a meaningful experience utilizing Nickelodeon’s Brand and portfolio of IP.
- Project executive leadership and communicate with senior executives to convey the conceptual narrative, guest experience, and overall creative design approach.
- Collaborate consistently with various internal creative groups
- Pitch creative concepts
- Communicate the creative vision and gain consensus
- Collaborate internally on IP usage, direction, and scope
- Balance Nickelodeon and partner creative priorities
- Understand themed entertainment development processes, products, equipment and systems:
- Ride hardware and systems
- Technology and media
- Interactive technology
- Understand the parameters, budget and schedule
- Work with the site conditions
- Research the audience
- Oversee and manage the attractions and exhibits project teams
- Supervise and direct creative staff
- Ensure the art directors are executing the concept
- Identify the production team required to execute the concept:
- Relay challenges and changes as they occur
- Update management at key milestones
- Understand the parameters of the licensing deal as it pertains to creative development
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with third party partners and licensees
- Personify Nickelodeon Core Values
We’re looking for a dynamic, driven and savvy Senior Writer Producer with a knowledge, passion, curiosity and love of black culture to support what’s hot, what’s next and what matters at BET Networks. The Sr. Writer/Producer must possess the ability to create award-winning promotional content for BET Network’s existing and emerging distribution platforms. In addition to strong conceptual thinking, the candidate must have excellent script writing, producing, and editing skills as well as extensive knowledge of all aspects of post-production. The candidate must also have strong leadership and teaching skills in order to develop the skills of the junior members of the staff.
- Conceive and develop strong creative ideas that are inclusive of our multi-platform objectives.
- Oversee projects from inspiration to final delivery, including conceptualizing, writing, and managing editorial, graphics production, music composition and sound design.
- Communicate concepts and ideas to Creative Directors, editors, designers, talent, etc, making sure all elements conform to the brand and the mission of the network.
- Work with Production Management to develop and manage budgets; work with Operations to book sessions; fulfill multiple delivery schedules; and work closely with multiple departments (broadcast, sales, marketing, affiliate marketing) to execute all promotional spots (on-air, off-air, marketing, radio, digital, streaming & social)
- Work closely with outside vendors (graphics designers, animators, music composers, etc.) when necessary.
- Run audio and video editing sessions.
- Seek out external production sources as appropriate.
- Mentor PAs and/ or APs who may be assigned to your project and organize and maintain paperwork, rundowns, log sheets, music cue sheets, etc.
BET Networks is currently seeking a Senior Vice President, Digital Content to lead the Digital team. In this role, you will develop a content strategy across multiple categories and platforms. This role reports to the President of BET Networks, and is based in New York.
You will be responsible for the leadership, creation and production of compelling and engaging digital content for the BET audience. You will bring extensive, in-depth knowledge of current topics that are relevant to BET, and have proven editorial skills leading digital content at a top website or brand. The ideal candidate will bring a consistent track record of providing timely multi-media content across categories that include news, sports, lifestyle, fashion, entertainment, urban style, music, health and beauty, for women and men.
You will possess a strong sense of urgency, agility and the ability to work in a fast- paced environment, and have facility across sectors and platforms. Additionally, you will bring a track record of selecting talent and industry subject matter experts, as well as be a respected authority in their own right. This executive will work with influencers and secure access to exclusive and original content in various sectors, and ultimately create the vision for BET's digital content and will be the arbiter of what is hot, new and next!
You are an enthusiastic team leader with proven editorial and leadership skills, who fully understands the BET audience, and bring a firm understanding of the media and digital business, with experience handling a budget and managing trade-offs.
Ideally, you are currently leading online content at a well-regarded lifestyle, music or news brands.
- Provide best-in-class content for web, video and social media channels
- Create and maintain a consistent vision and voice across all verticals
- Contribute ideas that elevate the overall BET brand and position BET as a leading authority in the delivery of relevant, social-first content
- Grow visitors to the site and meet or exceed traffic and viewership goals
- Develop specific social media strategies that drive network goals
- Establish editorial guidelines and ensure consistency and accuracy across all content
- Facilitate digital content ideation for tentpole and special events across the network