The Senior Analyst is responsible for providing Viacom Ad Sales with skills, tools and support they need to operate effectively and expertly. Linear asset is part of Ad Sales Operations which provides training and education, systems testing, and support for the sales departments.
- Provide Linear Ad Sales system trainings
- You will work one-on-one with new Linear Ad Sales hires after their initial training
- Build and revise process manuals; communicate and train such processes
- Arrange demonstrations with users to go over major upgrades prior to implementation and sending out emails in regards to new processes and/or system improvements
- You will be responsible for building meaningful notes for users with details of any changes as system releases are applied
- Provide system support for users; answer in-house support line (Linear ASSET Help Desk)
- Work with MTS and system developers for troubleshooting; responsible for assisting QA Department with resolution testing
- Serve as liaison to business to help analyze issues and assist in prioritization of QCs needed
- Support Vault subscription services (AdAge, WSJ, Winmo)
The MTV, VH1 & Logo team is seeking a Manager to join the award-winning team responsible for digital content and social media marketing around their biggest events including the MTV Video Music Awards and Movie & TV Awards. Working under the guidance of Directors on this digital team, this role manages content strategy and content production for smaller-scale specials, and assists with aspects of planning and executing larger tentpole projects - this includes management of social accounts, web and content distribution. They have a hand in creative ideation, content conception, development, production and distribution. The position will require candidates to work interdepartmentally across Marketing, Project Management, Design, Integrated Marketing, Communications, and Video Production.
- Building social/digital plans that ladder up to overall marketing campaign; working with marketing and brand teams to incorporating social plans into overall briefs and documentation.
- Produce forward-thinking social media content including social videos, memes, gifs, etc.
- Generate sponsor and branded content opportunities, working with Integrated Marketing reps to develop and execute.
- Managing day-to-day posting/publishing and fan engagement on social media accounts.
- Maintaining quality content and presentation on web sites and social accounts relevant to their projects.
- Creating and managing holistic schedules and timelines.
- Track metrics and usage patterns on all platforms to improve and maximize streams/views and engagement.
This position will lead a functional group to manage a wide array of legal responsibilities related to the worldwide marketing of all Paramount properties in all media. The successful candidate will supervise and lead a group of production lawyers, paralegals and other executives who will handle all marketing legal matters.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Leads the Marketing Legal Group that provides strategic counsel and legal services to the worldwide marketing operations of the studio across all lines of business.
- Manages the legal servicing of over 500 in-house clients across the lot, nine foreign offices, and a variety of marketing divisions, including creative advertising, media buying, market research and analytics, digital and field marketing, partnerships, and publicity.
- Supervises the drafting and negotiation of legal transactions by attorneys and legal professionals in the Los Angeles office, and additional attorneys in London and Paris.
- Develops and implements company-wide policies, and provides continuing education and training to professional staff and client groups on current and developing legal topics.
- Coordinates with Intellectual Property Group on the clearance of marketing materials created for theatrical, home entertainment, television and new media content.
- Cultivates relationships with local offices in international territories, and implements best practices to reduce legal risks involved with localized marketing materials, promotions and events.
- Manages complex marketing legal transactions, and provides legal and business risk analysis to senior executive.
- Oversees the legal clearance of added-value content for home media exploitation of television and film releases.
- Supervises the engagement of outside counsel.
- Collaborate with legal colleagues across other divisions and departments.
The Director of Post Production is responsible for managing all aspects of post production for scripted comedy & drama projects. Including, but not limited to budgeting, scheduling, and staffing. S/He will work closely with show producers and key department heads to ensure that shows are produced at the highest quality given the constraints of the budget. This position will work closely with Business Affairs, Creative Executives, Production Finance, Labor, and Production Facilities.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Deep understanding of post production details and nuances.
- Oversee post production of an assigned project in development, pre-production and production stages.
- Deep understanding of both low, mid and high budget digital, broadcast and cable pilots and series.
- Experience in scripted 1 hour primetime network & cable drama productions (both series and pilots) produced in the US & abroad.
- Experience in scripted 1/2 hour primetime network & cable comedy productions (both series and pilots) produced in the US & abroad.
- Experience in budgeting and estimating costs for various methods of production, understanding the nuances in the script and reporting them to senior management; expertise in bottom up budgeting.
- Candidate should have an understanding of low budget digital post production and those key crew members who are currently producing digital formats.
- Ability to travel to locations both domestically and internationally.
- Experience working both in the field and in a corporate environment.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, fast-growing, collaborative environment.
- Act as a liaison between the studio and the network executives assigned to the project; trouble-shoot daily production.
- Deep knowledge of television community including but not limited to writers, directors, producers, and key crew members.
- Relationship with state’s film commissions a plus.
The Senior Director, Presentation Design will oversee graphic design of Nickelodeon’s strategic trade presentations. In this role, he/she will collaborate with key business stakeholders to understand Nickelodeon’s content, capabilities and target audience and translate them into compelling creative design.
- Lead a team of designers, overseeing design and managing available resources to ensure a high quality of work and consistency across all projects
- Establish Nickelodeon’s trade presentation aesthetic and lead the design of event and partner presentations and one-sheets
- Create custom graphics, illustrations, logos, infographics, animations and videos for use in Nickelodeon’s trade presentations
- Design printed brochures and leave-behinds
- Design email marketing communications, including newsletters and e-blasts
- Understand and execute all materials in accordance with Nickelodeon’s brand guidelines
The Information Security(IS)/Litigation Support(LS) Analyst position is a technical liaison to groups both inside and outside of Information Technology. Are you a self starter who is passionate about the security and support of global brands like MTV, Comedy Central, BET and Paramount? You will primarily serve the requirements of Viacom’s electronic discovery team in the collection and preservation of evidence relevant to ongoing and pending litigation matters.
Secondary to the LS function, you will serve to mitigate and reduce risk to all Viacom Information Systems through the effective use of various Information Security tools and standard methodologies. In addition, you are responsible for technical aspects of data loss prevention while having an enterprise focus and working with all aspects of the business as needed.
- Providing daily support to the Viacom Legal team, with focus on the collection, storage, management and preservation of data related to current and pending legal matters. This function will occupy greater than 95% of your time at work.
- Participating in the planning and implementation of Viacom Information Security projects
- You will review projects, business units, and vendors to identify Information Security concerns
- Assist in performing risk evaluations.
- Supporting the company’s risk management program in a manner that fulfills strategic goals of the organization while aligning with local, state and federal laws and accreditation standards
- Aggressively identify creative risk solutions to improve data security throughout the enterprise
- Participate in matters related to video content security and anti-piracy
- Assist in development of procedures and related guidelines
- In addition to the primary litigation support function, this position may be asked to assist with matters of cyber security and social media controls.
The Senior Director, Copy oversees and directs the editorial staff, freelance writers and projects on a daily basis. S/he sets strategy, messaging and voice, and provides creative direction to determine what is most effective for each client, marketplace and project across print, video, multimedia/online and merchandise. The ideal candidate provides creative direction to print, merchandise, video and online projects by giving creative and strategic guidance to writer/designer teams. S/he acts as a team leader across various areas to develop solutions and procedures to meet a client's goals and drive the team towards a solution.
The Senior Director, Copy conceives, develops and writes creative print, video, digital and merchandise materials for Viacom corporate departments, including Human Resources, Ad Sales, Content Distribution and Marketing, Corporate Communications, Special Events, Travel Management and Convention Planning. The Senior Director works closely with VP, Brand Strategy; other writers and design staff on the most effective visual and verbal execution of projects, review current materials and meet with clients to present materials and discuss strategy. S/he works with Project Managers to manage project from start to finish.
S/he works closely with supervisor, senior department members, writers and design staff on the most effective execution of projects, and meets with clients to present materials and discuss strategy. S/he partners with project managers to manage project from start to finish.
The Senior Director, Copy works alongside VP Brand Strategy and Director/Copy Editor to aggregate, assess and oversee freelancers, either in-house or external.
This position supports the department by assisting the Vice President of Worldwide Photography and coordination for the photo team.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Tracks photo requests and approvals
- Produces calendars and schedules, call sheets and events materials, including Photo ID sheets
- Handles photo pen RSVPs
- Tracks vendors and internal users coming in to review imagery in the office
- Assists with archiving and prepares meeting materials
- Assists with special events, international tours, and coordinates photo calls
- Handles Invoices and P.O.’s
- Researches reference materials for special shoots
- Coordinates access to Image.net for international territories
- Builds a working database of unit and special shoot photographers
- Serves as photo assist on tent-pole films
- Tracks serviced images and availability of materials for international territories
- Builds relationships with personnel from international territories
- Maintains Photographer Database
- Prepares expense reports
- Handles travel arrangements
Legal administrative support to two attorneys of the Knowledge Management team for Viacom Media Networks.
All customary legal assistant duties for an in-house legal department, including:
- Scheduling meetings, fielding calls, handling document distribution, handling travel arrangements and T&E, arranging office services (e.g., videoconferences), ordering supplies, photocopying/filing, help organize and maintain records
- Word processing at supervisors’ discretion and under their direction ;e.g., revising, proofreading, redlining, and drafting contracts, letters, decks, cover sheets, memos, corporate housekeeping, reports
The Social Impact Director will report to the Editorial Director, MTV News and be responsible for MTV News’“Impact” coverage across editorial, social and video--”Impact” crossing the realms of politics, social justice, identity, activism and other social issues. The Social Impact Director will be a sharp creative who will directly oversee the editorial wing of MTV News’ team of editors and writers, while collaborating across MTV News’ video and social teams to optimize and translate their content across platforms. The Social Impact Director will regularly utilize analytics and insights to inform content and increase traffic and engagement around editorial, social and video content. Additionally, the Social Impact Director will work with other teams in MTV and Viacom landscape to inform and produce innovative content that builds positive brand loyalty/affinity and makes an impact in the cultural sphere.
With a natural interest in stories within the realms of politics, identity and activism, and a deep curiosity regarding how cultural trends as well as world events directly affect young people, the Social Impact Director should be well-versed in editorial trends and strategies within the news space, have strong writing and editorial skills and sharp experience with crafting brand voice and tone, and comfortable creating content in real-time, innovating as needed to reflect a fast-paced news environment. The Social Impact Director should be tireless as it pertains to identifying unique opportunities for MTV News to have a meaningful and unique impact on its audience. Candidates must have experience producing editorial content for world-class digital or print news brands, with an eye towards creating a unique position, voice, point-of-view and strategy. Developing and managing relationships with MTV’s On-Air Producers, Development Team, Product Development, Editorial, Design, Technology, Marketing, and Ad Sales is a primary responsibility.
- Overseeing the overall “impact” strategy for MTV News content as it lives across editorial, social and video platforms
- Establishing and managing a team of editors and writers to draft impactful, timely, engaging and audience-facing editorial posts
- Occasional evening and weekend work as well as travel will be required for breaking news stories and key MTV and cultural events
- Working with the MTV News social team to understand the latest trends in social media to positively affect audience growth and key metrics (including video views, social engagement and site traffic) and monitor trends to inform content across platforms Developing working relationships with internal partners as well as external platforms
- Collaborating with outside stakeholders (Music and Talent Programming, on-air producers,
- Integrated Marketing, other business units, etc) to ensure that strategic objectives are understood in concept development, and met
- Working with Research teams and third-party apps to identify and track relevant analytics
- Collaborating with Senior team members to work on larger MTV News projects and initiatives
- Representing MTV News in public spaces (press events, panels, public events) when applicable
The Client Service Representative is responsible for supporting one or more sales teams for all aspects of account management during the sales and selling cycle. Maintain assigned accounts on a day-to-day basis after the close of a sale, from order booking through invoice clearance. The position has frequent contact with clients, high level industry executives, and a diverse group of internal constituents. Position is focused on exceeding our customers’ post sale needs, while adhering to all internal policies and processes. We are looking for a motivated self-starter, eager to engage in the business and learn processes from beginning to end.
- Upfront and scatter sales order entry
- Timely delivery of advertiser schedules/flowcharts
- Input of all inventory adds, deletes, and moves per approval
- Maintain schedule changes, both internal and external, including follow-up with agencies
- Product/Brand allocations
- Discrepancy resolution
- Invoice Clearance
- Advertising Schedule Changes
- Liability tracking
- ADU scheduling
- Sales Agreement post analysis
- EDI maintenance for applicable accounts
- Collaborate with sales teams in weekly meetings and thorough maintenance of account status reports
- Proficient use of ad planning and ad posting systems to manage deals
- Support agency relationships by monitoring requests and ensuring commercials are booked according to guidelines
- Work with P&I to schedule deals, distribute weekly weights, maintain CPM guidelines, manage program changes
- Communicates daily with Commercial Operations to resolve any traffic issues and reconcile discrepancies
- Work closely with billing and A/R teams to reconcile and clear invoices
You will be a part of the Corporate Research Digital & Social analytics team and will support the day to day operations of data management tools and platforms. The role would help with data validation of new and existing data sources, translate data requirements to internal technology teams, basic ETL processes, and visualization of data. Ideally, you would have experience with digital and social platform datasets, knowledge of the data ingestion process, and experience or familiarity with SQL and databases.
- You conduct data validations and analysis to assess the completeness and accuracy of data
- Assist with data extraction, manipulation, and transformation based on requirements from partners.
- You assist with the maintenance of data sources, accounts, and datasets as it pertains to our data platforms
- Analysis will include cleansing, transforming, validating or modeling data for improving data quality, design and presentation.
- You work closely with internal Research teams, Analytics, and Technology teams as well as external vendors to ensure that data requirements can be met and executed
- Assist with visualizing data creatively and use various data sets/metrics in order to optimize surfacing insights and meaningful stories
MTV is looking for a Supervising Producer for its multiplatform sub-brand, MTV News. You will report to the Editorial Director, MTV News and lead the daily video production and distribution across MTV News digital and social platforms.
You should be well-versed in social trends and strategies within the digital/editorial video space, have strong production skills and comfort with innovating and updating strategies and content as needed to reflect a dynamic news environment. You're tireless as it pertains to identifying unique opportunities for MTV News to have a meaningful and unique impact on its audience.
You have experience creating video content across all social platforms, supervising production from development through post and have a well-developed aesthetic for visual storytelling.
You will have experience in both a linear and digital news environment, be passionate about issues related to young audiences, understand how to bring voice out of producers, and be an excellent collaborator.
You will work interdepartmentally and throughout the company both inside and outside the MTV News Digital sphere. Developing and managing relationships with MTV’s On-Air Producers, Development Team, Product Development, Editorial, Design, Technology, Marketing, and Ad Sales is a primary responsibility.
- Handling the day-to-day video production and output of MTV News video content across all social platforms
- Creating overall process and streamlined workflows for the video team to get a concept from development through post-production
- Ensuring video content is creatively and structurally optimized to live across platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories, YouTube and other platforms)
- Leading a team of producers, shooters, editors and other staffers to optimize content
- Collaborating with editorial directors on bringing ideas and franchises to life
- Developing the overall video strategy, optimizing for original content that regularly breaks the internet and a long-term video engagement growth plan
- Work strategically with Research to understand what video works – and what doesn’t
- Stay continually involved in all Product discussions, taking responsibility for how video content is published and seen by the audience
You will support current and future post production operations (PPO) for Viacom long-form deliveries while serving as a liaison/translator between all lines of business that use long-form content. Facilitates timely delivery of content with ample time to air to allow for appropriate promotion by internal creative teams and meet global broadcast and multiplatform distribution needs. Leads episode delivery for all original & acquisition programming. Implements efficiencies across Viacom networks to streamline the episode delivery process across brands and prepare for future technologies. You will dedicatedly communicate and disseminate production guidelines requirements to internal and external production teams.
Responsibilities & duties:
- Maintain active and open lines of communication with current series production, U.S. programming, media operations and global content ops for all Viacom brands.
- You will lead post production kickoff calls with teams delivering to the networks, providing them with an overview of Viacom’s delivery expectations, and distributing subsequent email recaps.
- Coordinate with Viacom Media Operations, Content Operations, Programming, International multiplatform and the show post team to ensure deep understanding of guidelines and ensure smooth delivery of new assets.
- Vet production calendars to ensure that delivery dates meet the needs of all distribution outlets.
- Actively seek opportunities to increase efficiency in delivery, streamlining of processes and creation of new workflows.
- Implement standard methodologies for new series & season onboarding protocol, including creation & maintenance of long-form episode intake form and follow up processes.
- Ensure proper file specifications are followed and that content adheres network formatting specifications, as well as Viacom legal and standards policies.
- Communicate with production staff when episodes fail QC & effectively explain the errors and redelivery processes.
- Build and maintain relationships with both internal and external production teams, Viacom tech and support teams, and programming teams.
- Handle creation of new records for all series, episodes and versions being delivered in ShowMGR. Maintain accurate database of all deliverables across properties.
- Track all long-form deliveries in ShowMGR for broadcast and digital distribution including current series, acquisitions, and movies from series kickoff to completion.
- Conduct monthly meetings with programming & acquisitions teams to stay abreast of upcoming deliveries and maintain knowledge of deals being worked out for future properties.
- You administrate and Media Manage MediaSilo to ensure productions have access and understand how to upload review and approval cuts correctly, in addition to troubleshooting MediaSilo workflow issues to facilitate constituent’s needs.
- Complete fingerprinting request forms for new content, work with Music Media Licensing, anti-piracy and legal teams to make sure that content is being protected in the digital sphere.
- You identify and implement efficiencies in episode delivery workflows and processes.
- Build weekly and bi-monthly reports for teams across Viacom detailing recent & upcoming deliveries to the library.
- Lead Coordinator of Network Post Production Operations.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Vice President of Post Production Operations.
- Distribution of delivery guidelines for delivery and technical specifics for episodes to internal and external production teams.
- Serve as a problem solver in long-form delivery process, and an intermediary between programming, encoding teams and productions to troubleshoot any and all issues that arise during episode delivery.
- Stay up to date on the latest production technologies to best facilitate future episode delivery.
- Prepare for emerging technologies in workflows and their eventual incorporation into delivery processes.
- Maintenance of Viacom library taxonomy and application to assets upon delivery.
- Lead source material delivery in conjunction with Viacom Library Services.
- Oversee media distribution, media asset management and metadata creation for new acquisitions.
- Maintenance and distribution of long-form delivery schedules.
- Regular updates to ShowMGR system for episode deliverable tracking.
- Provide detailed delivery reports to productions groups including production managers, producers, associate producers and production assistants.
- Maintain communication with production teams for timely & correct delivery of assets, notify and maintain communication with appropriate Viacom supply chain support teams.
The Coordinator will be responsible for negotiating favorable rates and securing rights for material (music and other media) across all Viacom Media Network programming and projects. The ideal candidate will be able to accurately analyze contract and license agreements, draw conclusions from working knowledge of issues that impact the area of rights licensing including copyright & trademark law and union/guild issues. This position will report to the VP, Music and Media Licensing Business and Legal Affairs in Hollywood, CA.
The department supports Comedy Central, Paramount Network, TV Land and Awesomess TV. This role's responsibilites will primarily focus on Comedy Central.
- Work closely and communicate regularly with production, production management, music supervisors and within the business and legal affairs department.
- Finalize, record, and track rights information and all aspects related to licensing, including but not limited to drafting licenses and payment processing. Function as project leader on special assignments.
- Work with multiple clearance teams on projects assigned by Sr. Director and/or Vice President. Projects could include long and short form programming for linear and digital platforms, promos, third party productions, in house productions, re-clearances and more.
- Working knowledge of legal concepts related to licensing
- Established relationships within the licensing community
- Expertise in licensing for all types of media platforms
- Comprehensive understanding of music rights
- Facilitate clearance requests by working closely with content producers in researching copyright ownership and by researching rights to pre-existing VMN material as necessary.
- Negotiate licenses and permissions with copyright owners of music, film, TV, video games, digital content, books, magazines, record label content, artist management, etc. Track and process all payments.
- Collect and review cue sheets for all programming.
- License in rights that cover exhibition across multiple platforms including linear, digital, social media, mobile, apps , games etc.
- Guide and advise Third Party productions enforcing VMN’s policies throughout production.
- Receive, review and approve all deliverables including license agreements, guest releases, cue sheets, etc.
- Participate in workshops for client groups, and build and foster good working relationships within Viacom Media Networks and within the licensing community.
- Collect deliverables, including guest/location agreements, license agreements and talent agreements when applicable.
- Report discrepancies or missing information to Producers and follow up to insure proper completion.
- Regularly report clearance costs to Production and Production Management via tracking grids and over the phone/via email.
- Work closely with these areas and proactively suggest cost-saving options and alternatives.
- Vet content prior to posting, (which may entail multiple screeners per program as show changes during the editing process) to ensure necessary clearances are in place and route to VMN attorneys when necessary.
- Review releases and agreements to ensure that they conform to negotiated terms. Maintain contract files and tracking reports for all assigned programs/projects and ensure that licenses are executed and paid in a timely manner.
- Secure and approve music cue sheets, and show logs (if required) from in-house producers and/or third party productions.
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form video, apps, games, consumer products, social media and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 165 countries and territories. Viacom's media networks, including MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, Comedy Central, TV Land, SPIKE, Channel 5 (UK), Tr3s, Paramount Channel and VIVA, reach a cumulative 3.2 billion television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures, America's oldest film studio, is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.
The Research Analytics team is responsible for all BI research reporting outputs across Viacom’s International linear and non-linear platforms (TV channels, website/apps and social media). The role of the Analytics teams is to provide stakeholders with regular analytics, data-led insights and business expertise. Using reporting tools, we manage and publish numerous weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on performance and forecasting across all major metrics that inform and guide the business. Stakeholders (brand groups, regional clusters, business lines and HQ) look to the team for analytical insights and expertise relating to performance and trends across VIMN’s properties and the markets in which we operate.
In addition, the Analytics branch brings together dedicated BI operations, expertise, and support. Influencing all levels of the data flow from source through to report production, the group ensure business reporting is reliable, impartial, consistent and timely. The team is also involved in projects to build bespoke tools and dynamic dashboards to democratize research data across the business for self-service.
Working closely with the brand digital media leads the role will involve monitoring, reporting and analyzing performance of content across VIMN properties on digital media platforms, primarily social. This will include regular reporting and analysis across all key performance metrics, identifying trends and helping guide content strategy and audience development. In addition the role will provide competitive context and proactively anticipate industry trends and issues. As part of the Business Intelligence Research Analytics team the role will also proactively contribute to our aims of developing, enhancing and automating our reporting and analytics solutions in line with stakeholder and business requirements.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis of shortform/social media content across key performance metrics (views, time spent, engagement rates, view through rates, sentiment etc)
- Provide day to day insights on the performance of individual assets/content pieces and in turn be able to offer the best course of action based on the insight
- Highlight trends and tell the story of content performance, identifying any anomalies or issues that need addressing
- Run competitor analysis on other content types, brands and channels and use this insight to help guide our content strategies and give key insights in how we can adapt in order to grow
- Be able to provide in-depth analysis and case studies on particular topics on request and report findings back to relevant teams
- Manage forecasting process for nominated brand and advise on performance to estimate
- Define workflow in internal and external systems to ensure correct data is captured and reported
- Manage and understand requirements across stakeholder groups and be able to support business objectives for these groups
- Work with the Reporting Operations group to develop, enhance and automate reporting solutions
We are the Viacom Media Networks production conduit through which content is delivered and the data surrounding the content and assets is managed. The department streamlines protocols, establishes technical standards, maintains systems, and partners with other teams and vendors to improve efficiencies and asset value. This department is part of a centralized operational support group servicing the needs of all Viacom production teams creating or working with content both internally and externally. These groups include Media Planning, Programming, Brand Creative, Marketing, Advertising, Digital, Social, Production, International, BALA/MML, Press, and more.
The Coordinator is part of a team that specializes in Nickelodeon short form content and the delivery and management thereof. The coordinator will work with all the above-mentioned departments to make sure our delivery protocols, file and archive standards are met in all of the Nickelodeon content submitted for play out through our team.
Support the delivery of all of Nickelodeon Group’s short-form content and broadcast operations. Facilitate and handle all aspects of execution and delivery of on- and off-channel, and digital short-form content. Responsible for music reporting for all Nickelodeon Group networks and upholding archival standards for delivered short-form media.
- Maintain the database with up-to-date information for promos and digital content.
- Assign numbers to each piece of short-form, including exact tags, lengths and airdates.
- Build music cue submission form to be standardized for use network-wide.
- Build and distribute traffic and on-air delivery reports both daily and weekly.
- Research music cue information online and using the Viacom Music Library to ensure accuracy in reporting.
- Report music cues to Music & Media Licensing, and Rights & Clearances Departments.
- Act as a liaison between the Nick International department and all other departments in relation to music cues and work reels.
- Train newly hired creative team members in music cue reporting expectations and procedures.
- Assist with preparing for and conducting inter-departmental meetings as needed.
- Assist with quality check of promos for correct tag, graphic, voice over and tune in information of all final spots.
- Once approved, deliver promo and related short-form content to ensure scheduled airdate or digital premiere.
- Work closely with content providers on legal matters that impact music rights/reporting.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring processes for potential freelancers and interns.
- Train broadcast operations new hires and interns in all departmental and job specific processes and procedures.
Viacom is home to the world’s premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
You will be responsible for supporting the build out of the delivery capability and executing eSourcing projects both domestically and internationally. You collaborate with category sourcing teams to actively define and execute eSourcing plans designed to achieve business goals.
You develop and use eSourcing tools and processes to actively target relevant categories for enablement through Viacom’s eSourcing capabilities. You will partner with category team members & eSourcing lead to develop an annual plan of eSourcing category targets.
- You support the design and implementation of eSourcing (including eAuction) strategies to be deployed across categories in partnership with category leaders and eSourcing Director and measure applicable progress
- Develop eSourcing criteria, tools, and templates to execute events for ongoing business and new projects
- You support rules of engagement for eSourcing Center of Excellence (COE), process, and governance to ensure eSourcing is utilized to maximum impact
- Collaborate with sourcing analysts and category leads to design mechanisms to collect eSourcing opportunities including identification, conversion, and impact
- Execute eSourcing events on an ongoing basis. Support category leaders through the entire sourcing process by collecting requirements and structuring RFPs based on deep expertise in eSourcing.
- Operate as a Subject Matter Expert on eSourcing & eAuction topics. Demonstrate thorough knowledge and awareness of key trends, leading practices, and tools required to continuously improve the eSourcing function
- Monitor adherence to eSourcing criteria, tools, and templates and engage as needed to coach, train, and motivate teams to utilize eSourcing tools
- Report on eSourcing program success, develop materials to communicate results
- Quarterly travel possible – pending business requirements
The Nickelodeon Group, a leader in entertainment and experiences for kids, is seeking a highly motivated, strategic thinker with stellar presentation and analytical skills. This role is at the Vice President level and will work across all Nickelodeon networks and lines of business (e.g., programming, digital, consumer products, etc.) and contribute to the Group’s overall strategy and future direction.
We are fundamentally about innovation. Your inspiration, creativity and willingness to take risks will ultimately result in your best work - and that’s what we want! Using your talent and experiences, we’re asking you to experiment, to make a mess, to have fun, to always make it feel fresh and to find the kid inside you.
You will be responsible for identifying inorganic opportunities, analyzing their merits, (together with senior management) presenting the opportunity to Viacom management and being the key contact to M&A teams in the execution of those transactions.
Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to the following:
- Support the EVP Strategy & Business Development and Nickelodeon senior management in the development of long-range strategy and plans
- Help identify, analyze and present new businesses opportunities in accordance with our long-range strategy
- Support existing businesses with analysis and business planning to ensure the division’s continued growth and profitability
- Ability to generate and lead the creation of business plans for potential Viacom/Nickelodeon mergers and acquisitions
- Lead and craft business communications and presentations for senior management that fuse financial, performance, strategic and competitive information cohesively
- Provide support and operational analysis across Kids & Family lines of business (e.g., consumer products, digital, ad sales)
- Support deal-making with business partners and key stakeholders
- Deeply assess new business opportunities (both qualitatively and quantitatively); help develop complete business plans to support entry if appropriate
- Assist in implementation of approved new business opportunities
- Assess and provide updates on industry trends and competitive landscape
- Look to create additional sources of competitive advantage
- Lead development and execution of recommended action plans to resolve strategic business issues, address challenges that arise across the business to achieve sustainable, profitable growth
- Drive research, analysis, development of analytical tools and concepts to better understand Cluster operating dynamics, identify and effectively address underlying business problems and opportunities
- Bring in best practices to Nickelodeon Senior leaders from other Strategy divisions within VMN
- Develop overall narrative, strategic story and objectives for Nickelodeon budget presentation
- Partner with finance to review submissions and assess financial growth and performance
- Contribute to drafting and production process of budget presentation materials
- Contribute to other ad-hoc presentations as required by Nickelodeon senior management team
- Be an active participant in the VMN Strategy group and help drive VMN strategy forward
- Connect Nickelodeon strategy to overall VMN Strategy
- Meet ad-hoc with other Viacom strategy heads to proactively pursue cross-division opportunities
This position will be responsible for providing administrative support for a Vice President and Senior Attorney in the Motion Picture Legal department.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
* Performs clerical duties such as filing, typing, copying documents, document preparation, redlining, document distribution, expense report preparation
* Distributes mail and maintains office supplies
* Manages supervisors’ contacts and calendar
* Screens and responds to incoming calls and correspondence
* Composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and other documents, including redlining of all such documents
* Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files
The Coordinator, Live Action Production supports the Production team in managing all aspects production. The coordinator organizes key information and workflows for original productions from pre-production through wrap & delivery. The Coordinator works closely with production teams and key departments to ensure clear communication of both studio and production needs.
- Assist the Live Action Production Department on all aspects of work.
- Act as liaison between show units and other studio departments on all shows
- Track, log and submit weekly union documents to the appropriate guild (i.e DGA Deal Memos, WGA Notice of Tentative Writing Credits).
- Indoctrinate incoming show unit production coordinators on studio policy and procedures.
- Coordinates Residual Documents with the Residual Department on all union paperwork from show units.
- Maintains department calendar. Tracks all show units’ delivery of required delivery materials.
- Review, corrects/ or approves SAG-AFTRA Contracts. Update cast lists.
- Track all safety documents and injury reports. Inventories and maintains safety supplies of all current productions. Organize safety meetings between the show and Production Safety.
- Perform other tasks as assigned; including assisting Director and Sr Director with tasks, scheduling and on-air production shoots.
The Facilities Coordinator will oversee facilities and daily operations for the Nickelodeon at the Burbank Studios Live Action office and warehouse. The Coordinator supports the Production team in managing all aspects of production facilities.
- Coordinator works closely with production teams and key departments to ensure clear communication of both studio and production needs.
- Oversee maintenance of all studio and warehouse assets, repair/schedule service as necessary, complete cost/benefit analysis to ensure repairs/replacements are made in the best interest of the company.
- Ensure inventory is completed at show unit wrap. Identify missing or damaged assets and replace appropriately.
- Act as liaison with property management. Attend regular meetings, address their concerns/show concerns and work to troubleshoot problems.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are met. Schedule regular testing and maintenance of all fire life safety systems including strobes, sirens, emergency lights and detectors. Ensure air and water quality are at appropriate standards for employee health and wellness.
- Ensure that buildings and their services meet the needs of staff and crew.
- Act as first point of contact for building and office maintenance requests. Oversee all office moves, identify work that needs to be completed and relay to team, follow-up and review all work is completed on time and to an exceptional level.
- Supervise construction projects. Walk site to determine scope, obtain bids, evaluate proposals for practicality and present information to leadership. Act as point of contact for all vendors/contractors. .
- Supervise Mailroom, Reception, Facilities Assistant and supervise janitorial services. Ensure maintenance of building and grounds, schedule deep cleanings and evaluate performance.
- Act as a security liaison, process invoices, handle policy issues and contact Viacom security with issues.
- Work with show units to schedule invasive work and repairs at times that are most convenient/least disruptive to production
- Perform other facility related tasks as assigned.
We are a branded content agency. Our main goal is to ensure that our brand partners are always a part of the cultural conversation. We offer full-service marketing capabilities delivering custom content and creative solutions across all of our platforms and experiences, driving value for our partners and loyalty with our fans. Long story short, we make killer brand driven content wherever and whenever our partners want it.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT?
Want the spirit of a start-up while working on some of the world's premiere entertainment brands? Want to wear jeans on more than just Fridays? Looking for a job that will not only make room for your side-hustles, but also encourage them? If so, this could be for you.
We view the world not only from our offices (though the views are pretty sweet), but also via immersive experiences that inspire us, keep us at the forefront of the ever-changing cultural landscape, and, with any luck, make us better marketers.
SO, WHAT’S THE JOB?
Velocity Culture & Insights is responsible for unearthing insights about different audiences and the cultural context in which they exist and bring them to life. The director will lead cross-disciplinary teams to drive the development of Velocity’s thought leadership studies as well as the creative (film, experiences, content) and marketing components (presentation, panels, workshops, etc) associated with it. In addition, bringing creative energy to develop experience-based trade activations to make Velocity famous.
You should be passionate about youth culture, and able to cultivate, define and lead a wide variety of projects. Having an entrepreneurial spirit backed by experience is a requirement in this role as you’ll work closely with senior members across departments. You'll also lead product and service innovations and other strategy projects for Velocity and Ad Solutions.
The Day to Day:
- Lead working team(s) dedicated to developing specific project deliverables
- In support of business development and launching engagements develop brainstorming and creative briefs
- Drive thought-leadership, including original IP, from initiation of culturally relevant topic to leading development and execution of research to developing a cogent and thoughtful narrative
- Develop innovative experiential activations, marketing and communication ideas to bring thought leadership to life
- Develop and facilitate presentations and workshops for brand partners
- Oversee project timelines, budgets, materials production, event planning, etc.
Marketing & Partner Insights (MPI) team is a division of Advanced Advertising that is charged with making the consumer connection with Viacom’s many varied audiences across all platforms by providing expertise in many segments including Kids, Teens, Millennials, GenX, Moms, LGBTQ, Multiculturals, Families and more. We specialize in studies, surveys, data sets, forecasting and metrics that help clients further their knowledge of targets, engagement and ad effectiveness.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing & Partner Insights, this Senior Director will be a strategic researcher concentrating on Viacom’s kid’s brands, which include NICK, NICK JR., TEENNICK, and NICKTOONS, however will also be expected to be well versed in additional brands to meet internal sales request needs across the Viacom portfolio. This group specializes in insights, culture and trends related to kids and the consumer categories that are integral to these cohorts (such as Toys, CPG Household, Food + Retail).
- Supervise and deliver consumer insights projects working with vendors, managing panels and other internal proprietary resources
- Work independently and proactively on problem solving and creating projects to move business forward beyond day-to-day requests
- Measure the effectiveness of traditional and non-traditional advertising campaigns in partnership with Integrated Marketing
- Utilize creative data visualization techniques to showcase research stories in an innovative and thought provoking way for key internal clients
- Present various research effort on brands, generations, trend and categories, as well as data-driven research to internal and external clients. Added extensive background in creating custom presentations using a variety of resources
- Serve as an expert on broadcasting and digital brands, their target audiences, consumer insights, behavior and content consumption
- Be a story finder and a story teller, developing innovative and insightful initiatives that competitively position and distinguish Viacom on-air and digital brands in the marketplace
- Partner and liaise with sales management on brand strategy and positioning of our properties in the marketplace
- Direct initiatives for internal sales meetings and other knowledge sharing efforts, both proactively and reactively
- Innovatively utilize cross-platform viewership data (linear, digital, and social) to create thoughtful and provocative audience analyses
- Effectively lead, motivate, and inspire staff to maximize their potential and grow to the next level
- Stay informed of industry news, emerging resources, measures and be the go-to source/resource for Ad Sales
The Executive Assistant to the Sr. Vice President of Ad Sales will support a world-class media sales organization on the West Coast, located in Holllywood, CA.
The role will provide administrative and logistical support for a veteran entertainment executive and a team of hyper-talented sales and marketing professionals, as well provide event coordination assistance for high profile events.
- Prioritize daily tasks and responsibilities in support of the SVP, Ad Solutions in a bi-coastal, quickly changing and fast paced office environment
- Collaborate with the SVP to execute time sensitive special projects for Senior Management
- Manage confidential and sensitive information with utmost diplomacy and professionalism
- Manage and help execute annual client roadshows (Studio Roadshow, Data Roadshow), including coordination of timing/logistics, car services, catering, and technical support
- Coordinate with clients to schedule pertinent meetings, calls, and events for the SVP
- Plan and execute internal staff events, outings, retreats and draft and distribute team wide communications on behalf of the SVP
- Arrange travel for the SVP, including domestic and international flights, hotels, and car service
- Organize and submit expense reports in a timely manner
- Provide general office support for visiting Ad Solutions staff, including the National Head of Sales
- Provide executive support for SVP on weeknights and weekends, as necessary
Client Relations & Event Management responsibilities:
- Lead west coast client relations and oversee RSVP lists for Viacom events, tentpoles, premiere parties, show tapings (5-6 Tentpoles, 18-20 Network/Brand events, annually)
- Establish and facilitate open communication and ongoing dialogue between SVP, VPs, AEs, and NY Events Team to ensure all parties are up to date on event and client updates
- Manage high level client correspondence for each event, including initial invitations, follow up emails, distribution of event details and logistics, and last minute requests & troubleshooting
- Provide day of & on-ground support at events for the SVP, the Events Team, and clients, including on weeknights and weekends as necessary
This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the Business & Legal Affairs department for Paramount Network, TV Land and Comedy Central located at Viacom in in Hollywood, CA.
- Answer, screen and direct phone calls
- Format time-sensitive documents where attention to detail is key
- Draft documents using basic templates
- Draft emails and manage document distribution and requests
- Filing, copying and creating folders and binders
- Organization of project files and related information, including uploading to and searching in department document databases
- Research and prepare materials and charts for specific projects
- Coordinate internal meetings and conference calls, both regularly scheduled and special-purpose, including coordinating booking conference rooms and IT support
- Prepare information, agendas and materials for meetings
- Assist with the creation of both internal and external presentations, which may be via Excel or PowerPoint
- Option tracking
- Manage Outlook calendar and contacts, including project contact lists and calendars
- Schedule internal and external meetings, lunches, events etc.
- Oversee and schedule all business related travel, including hotels, flights, transportation and events
- Prepare and submit travel and expense reports
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments and external parties
- Organize department specific events
- Provide support in all aspects of attorney’s work day
The Deal Finance team provides financial and analytical support to the Content Distribution group arising from the distribution of Viacom portfolio of networks. This team works closely with all members of the deal team and is an essential knowledge resource for the group. As the Deal Finance Manager, you will develop analyses and provide insights to support renewal and new business efforts. This is a highly visible role within our organization and ideal for someone who enjoys financial modeling.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing financial models to analyze the economics of distribution deals. Evaluates proposals, prepares financial scenarios and develops an informed point of view.
- Developing deep knowledge of key affiliate agreements, particularly pricing and packaging.
- Conducting company and industry research.
- Preparing presentations for senior management.
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects
We are looking for a collaborative, customer-focused and creative expert in organization effectiveness, learning and development to join our Organization and People Development team. In this key role, you’ll focus on partnering with executives on their organizations so that teams can do their best work. Your scope includes organization development, talent management and learning for dedicated client groups so you’ll have the chance to make your mark, and drive significant business impact in a fast-paced and dynamic industry.
Your portfolio will include iconic brands such as Comedy Central along with revenue generating functions like Sales, and enabling functions such as Production. In addition to working with our creative and inspiring clients, you’ll contribute to enterprise-wide learning and development programs along with enhancing our organization development toolkits. The breadth of your role makes it possible for you to create, design and implement an organization and people plan that drives business strategy. Our ideal team member couples a passion for organization development, talent management and learning with a strong results orientation that is directed toward adapting theories and best practices into practical, results-based solutions that align with client’s priorities and add clear, measurable value to the business.
- Partner with HR Generalists and senior leaders in the development of organization and people solutions focused on structure, process, skills and teams.
- Conduct individual, team and functional diagnostics and needs assessments.
- Build capability through the design and implementation of impactful interventions.
- Provide change management expertise in support of organizational change projects.
- Partner with business leaders in organization redesign initiatives.
- Develop high performing teams through team coaching and facilitation.
- Drive leadership and high potential development by fostering the adoption of learning programs and frameworks, and by designing customized development solutions where appropriate.
- Assess, track and analyze the impact of interventions.
- Manage external vendor relationships with Executive Coaches and Consultants on behalf of client groups.
- Participate in the development of enterprise learning solutions and organizational development methodologies and toolkits.
- Contribute to enterprise-wide and cross-functional projects.
The Special Projects Coordinator provides production, marketing, operations and admin support for VidCon across all departments and all events. This position requires a flexible self-starter who will jump enthusiastically into any task. Working across all departments, this is a unique position for someone building a career in the media and events space. this postion is located in Missoula, Montana
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare weekly and monthly operational reports and spreadsheets for exec team meetings and monthly business reviews.
- Work closely with the exec team to organize and coordinate event functions across multiple offices and at our global events.
- Create marketing assets for promotional and ongoing initiatives for social, video, web and print.
- Prepare and presentations required for client meetings including but not limited to speaking events, in-house road-shows and externally facing events.
- Work with finance and accounting to manage vendor and customer records and payments.
- Maintain client contacts and divisional database records.
- Assist and provide administrative support to exec team.
The coordinator serves as the main hub for the Global Location Based Experiences (LBE) department. This role will interface with internal teams and external partners on a regular basis to provide a high level of support on projects from start to finish. The team’s core business segments are:
- Hotels and resorts
- Theme parks and water parks
- Live theatricals
- Exhibitions and 4D films
- Family entertainment centers
These partnerships allow Nickelodeon to create big brand statements at high profile global destinations around the world. The coordinator will work with the account directors to ensure that the LBE team continues to develop and sustain high quality, innovative, and unique live experiences leveraging the Nickelodeon brand and properties.
- Provide day-to-day support to account directors such as scheduling of meetings, preparing agendas, taking meeting notes and distributing meeting recaps
- Work with account directors and partners to develop and implement marketing programs and promotional summaries
- Route creative/marketing materials for internal review and approval
- Develop and manage calendar capturing openings, expansions, marketing activities, shows, promotions, key meetings and events
- Maintain ancillary media inventory (digital, on-air, and social media) spreadsheet; Collect and deliver supporting content; Update department share drive
- Respond to inquiries for creative assets, key facts, etc.
- Conduct industry research and provide regular reports on competition and industry updates
- Develop and provide regular updates to presentations and reels
- Ad hoc projects based on business requests and needs
The Senior Director, International Tax will be an integral member of the Tax Department, responsible for planning and implementing cross-border and foreign transactions. This position will report to the VP & Senior Counsel, International Tax.
- You will analyze US international and foreign tax issues, working with advisors across multiple jurisdictions where relevant. Identify, evaluate and measure risks in relation to tax matters.
- You will be partnering with the International Tax Reporting & Compliance teams, advise on the reporting of cross-border and foreign transactions.
- Structure, implement and document acquisitions, joint venture arrangements, dispositions, reorganizations and financial transactions, working closely with other functions within Viacom.
- You will provide audit and tax controversy support on international matters.
- Assist in the analysis and documentation of intercompany pricing arrangements, such as trademark fees, tradename fees, copyright royalties and technical service fees.
Viacom Media Networks Multiplatform Production is seeking a highly motivated associate producer to handle the day-to-day maintenance of branded websites and apps. This producer will work closely with editorial, programming, integrated marketing, design and tech teams to ensure the most recent episodic and ancillary content is being displayed accurately across all platforms. Supporting the following brands Comedy Central, MTV,VH1,BET,CMT, TVLand & LOGO)
The ideal candidate is highly organized, takes initiative, works collaboratively and is capable of meeting tight deadlines. A passion for working in digital media is a must.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and curation of Viacom websites and apps
- Ensures all promos and video modules on brand homepages and series pages are updated and displaying content in compelling ways
- Manages and refreshes content on apps and OTT platforms
- Strategizes with programming to ensure full episode availability is consistent and accurate across all platforms
- Assists with quality assurance testing and troubleshooting issues on site and apps, including working closely with the QA team to help prevent recurring problems
- Performs basic site maintenance (update series tune-ins, refresh series artwork, highlight pertinent news articles)
- Collaborates with numerous teams including editorial, design, asset production, product development, project management and tech
The Director reports to the Vice President of BETN Ad Sales Research. The ideal candidate is a team player possessing strong communication and presentation skills.
- Channel/Industry/Expertise: serve as an expert on the BETN brands and their target audiences to all clients: Sales, Research, co-workers and agencies.
- Stay informed of industry news, emerging resources, measures and be the go-to source/resource for Sales.
- Work closely with Ad Sales, channel Research and Research co-workers to building strong relationships.
- Participate in meetings offering insights and share best practices as well as individual day-to-day happenings.
- Work independently and proactively on problem solving and creating projects to move business forward beyond day-to-day requests.
- Strive to make meaningful contributions both oral and written.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret Nielsen ratings data.
- Create thoughtful and innovative audience analyses in order to best position and distinguish our networks in the marketplace.
- Support Linear and Digital Sales teams for BETN.
- Train and mentor staff.
Are you passionate about the entertainment industry and a go-getter? The Strategic Insights & Research department is looking for an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the Senior Vice President, provide support where needed to the Research team and be an integral part of the group.
- Answer phones, manage calendars, make travel arrangements, process T&E’s
- Coordinate and maintain daily work schedule
- Gather and distribute materials, documents and information as needed and directed
- Build relationships with other assistants
- Maintain up-to-date contact lists of vendors, key execs and their assistants
- Interface with vendors and finance group to code, process and track project invoices
- Maintain and organize research reports and file system
- Make arrangements (book conference rooms, handle guests, etc.) and provide technical support (PC, videoconference, audio/video, etc.) for all research meetings and presentations
- Liaison to other departments/assistants on all relevant needs and issues as determined by SVP
The assistant position in the West Coast Communications office for Comedy Central, Paramount Network and TV Land is viewed as an entry into a career in communications and publicity. This position is based in Hollywood and primarily supports the office’s vice presidents, while also coordinating with the Communications department in New York.
The position maintains a variety of administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Distribution of press releases and announcements; production of press digests, coverage reports and press websites; maintain and update contact database; schedule meetings, video and phone conference calls; coordination of talent travel.
- Gather and organize relevant press materials for distribution, including photos, clips and key art. Maintain photo/image library and coordinate publicity photo shoots.
- Coordinate awards submissions and manage related expenses (Emmys, Peabodys, etc.).
- Support Communications team in arrangement of media junkets, tours, events, etc.
- Maintain and circulate calendar of upcoming press breaks and talent appearances.
- Draft press releases and communications strategies for programming and brand initiatives.
- Order supplies for department.
Viacom is home to the world's best-in-class entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
Are you open to new challenges and the opportunity to work with exciting technology in a diverse team environment?
The Global Networking team handles the global network & wireless Infrastructure for Viacom Media Networks. This team is looking for an Engineer with Networking expertise and experience leading, developing, and delivering enterprise grade infrastructure automation & orchestration solutions. You should be a self starter who will take initiative to tackle complex problems and enjoys moving a function forward where possible.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- You will implement and run enterprise networking solutions with high reliability and availability.
- Introduce new networking technologies or improve existing technologies to transform existing capabilities and services.
- You will assist in the design & development of infrastructure code, configuration & topology version control & CI/CD workflows.
- Design, develop & implement orchestration workflows for infrastructure configuration, backup & management.
- You care about network performance & can compose analytics visualizations using 3rd party & custom applications.
- Work closely with video streaming traffic to evaluate performance, efficiency, security & functionality for.
- Administrate custom & 3rd party applications centered around infrastructure automation, orchestration, monitoring & analysis.
- Provide networking domain expertise to other teams.
- Maintain technical documents for solutions and standard operating procedures such that services are delivered in an efficient and effective manner.
- 3rd line support of Viacom global network infrastructure.
- Industry watching, both direct or through a third party, to ensure the company is aware and educated on new technologies.
- Participate actively in engineering and architecture solution peer reviews and solution design sessions.
- Works independently and exercises reasonable discernment with little supervision while providing clear documentation of activities and accomplishments.
- Interacts closely with peers and management across all functional teams.
MPS is a Solutions Sales Organization, putting client needs first and bringing tailored opportunities to our clients based on their marketing needs. We lead conversations around broader marketing areas, including Experiential, Social/Branded Content, Influencer and Shopper Marketing in addition to traditional ad sales. Our solutions are powered by cutting edge marketing and data capabilities, in the context of premium content and engaged audiences.
The Director, Partner Solutions (Director) is a highly skilled sales person and a strategic business thinker, who is deeply knowledgeable of their clients’ business. The Director tailors the collective power of our portfolio of brands and products to solve for individual client needs. This role acts as the central point person within all of MPS for their assigned accounts, and is responsible for all relationships and the achievement of the budget on that business, through the development, coordination, and implementation of the account strategies and plans.
This position is responsible for business across all networks, platforms, and MPS/Viacom products, driving our client-centric solutions sales approach. The Director reports to the VP, Partner Solutions.
- Responsible for the achievement of the budget on the assigned accounts
- Understands not only clients’ advertising needs, but their overall business, marketing strategy, and challenges
- Develops a Viacom sales strategy for the account with stakeholders across the company – including account plans and relationship maps - tailoring our portfolio of brands, products, and services to the client’s needs
- Portfolio approach - represent all Viacom brands, all MPS products and any relevant Viacom products or assets – including Experiential, Social/Branded Content, Influencer and Shopper Marketing
- Responsible for negotiating and maintaining Upfront and Scatter deals along with VP/SVP with support of SSEs, Planners, and CSRs
- Director will assess each product applicability to client needs and provide revenue projections for each
- Director assumes lead relationship management role for client marketing teams and agency planning/buying groups
- Responsible for identifying additional decision makers/influencers at client and agencies in an effort to grow business across VMN portfolio
The Social Media Manager will support and work with the Social Media Director and MTV News team in a variety of tasks and daily operations, including writing and overseeing distribution of social media content (i.e. promotion of MTV News stories and digital/social content, on-the-ground executions, and paid social campaigns) from start to finish (strategy, planning, execution, reporting).
The Social Media Manager should be well-versed in social trends and strategies within the news/editorial space, have strong writing skills, and be a strong creative comfortable with creating real-time social content, innovating as needed to reflect a fast-paced news environment.
Candidates must have experience creating and managing content across all social platforms (preferably for editorial/news brands, but not required) with an eye towards the convergence of these platforms
along with a background in writing/editorial, community management, engagement and growth.
Experience creating social-optimized video is a significant plus. They will work closely interdepartmentally and throughout the company both inside and outside the MTV News Digital sphere. Developing and managing relationships with MTV’s On-Air Producers, Development Team, Product Development, Editorial, Design, Technology, Marketing, and Ad Sales is a primary responsibility.
- Working with team coordinators to draft impactful, timely, engaging and consumer-facing posts related to MTV News content.
- Understanding the latest trends in social media, including advertising formats, channels and technologies to positively affect audience growth and key metrics (including video views, social
engagement and site traffic).
- Working with editors and teams across MTV News to optimize editorial and video content for
- Consistently monitoring social trends, content and conversations to inform content across platforms (some evening and weekend work as well as travel may be required for breaking news stories, stunts and live-tweeting).
- Developing working relationships with internal partners as well as external platforms.
- Partnering with internal social teams on content cross-promotion strategies.
- Collaborating with outside stakeholders (Music Programming, on-air producers, Integrated Marketing, other business units, etc) to ensure that strategic objectives are understood in
concept development, and met.
- Working with Research teams and third-party apps to identify and track relevant analytics.
- Working with Senior team members and research team to audit measurement and listening tools annually and provide recommendations for optimization.
The Analyst is responsible for the accurate and timely production and distribution of recurring cross-platform performance reports for Paramount Network, Comedy Central, and TV Land, as well as the competitive landscape. The Analyst will work with the team to extract and analyze data from various sources to provide actionable insights to various departments. The ideal candidate will show analytical abilities, be detail oriented, and have an inquisitive nature and a love of media.
- Collect, organize, and analyze Nielsen data and other consumer tracking sources for daily/weekly reports and ad-hoc requests for Paramount Network, Comedy Central, TV Land, and competitors
- Analyze Paramount Network, Comedy Central, and TV Land original and acquired programming
- Maintain and update programming schedules in Nielsen systems
- Ad-hoc projects such as program trending, reach, time spent viewing, co-viewing, duplication, and time-shifted viewing
- Digital and Social Media reporting for channel originals
- Help provide insight on who the audience is, audience viewing behavior, and the evolving television and digital landscape
The Analyst will work closely with the Manager to handle the above tasks, as well as ad hoc analyses for groups such as Programming, Development, Press, Finance, Distribution, and Marketing.
In addition, the Analyst will collaborate with peers within the Viacom Research group to coordinate uniformity of reporting and to produce competitive tracking reports.
This position is responsible for coordinating and executing daily operations for Senior Vice President, Motion Picture Music & Marketing, which are vital to the Department's general workflow.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
* Assist SVP, handling general administrative duties (phones, scheduling & calendar entries, travel & expenses, etc.)
* Work closely with SVP in all creative efforts including content creation, creative direction, securing legal filmmaker & studio approvals while ensuring all deadlines are met in a timely manner
* Organizing and cataloguing incoming and outgoing music materials for Feature Productions & Marketing Campaigns
* Ensure music deliverables are completed and routed to all necessary parties (Filmmakers, Production, Post-Production, Creative Advertising, etc.)
* Participate in creative music searches and general market research
* Coordinate incoming invoices & payments
* Run periodic reports as directed
* Handle all score, soundtrack and single artwork
The Viacom Corporate Digital Analytics team has an exciting opportunity for potential candidates who have a passion for media and curiosity for audience insights. The Digital Analyst will support Viacom’s internal teams (i.e. finance, senior management, etc.) through quantitative analyses of Viacom’s digital performance across brands (i.e., Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon). This individual will compile and analyze internal and third-party data from numerous sources and will need to provide actionable and succinct insights.
- Handle team’s monthly scheduled reports which includes pulling data, organizing reports and writing up analysis
- Work on weekly ad hoc requests to support multiple internal stakeholders from different groups
- Compile industry intelligence and competitive information from external syndicated sources
- Provide support to team by pitching in on cross-team initiatives
- Stay up to date on Viacom brands and digital product, strategy, reporting, and audience consumption changes
- Attend and participate in team meetings and stakeholder meetings
The Senior Manager, Digital Operations and Production, Special Projects will be responsible for managing Comedy Central’s Digital footprint, inclusive of strategy and production, for tentpole events such as Clusterfest, Vidcon, The Roast and non-owned and operated events such as SXSW, SDCC, and more. Additionally, this role will support senior team’s efforts to expand Comedy Central’s digital impact to larger Viacom initiatives. This position serves as a contributing team member to executives who are figuring out strategic and creative directions for all digital initiatives. This role reports directly into the Executive Producer, Viacom Digital Studios: Comedy Central.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working collaboratively within a large, multi-layered organization. You will work closely with many support groups within the department and elsewhere in Comedy Central. The ability to maintain relationships and communicate effectively with constituents in Comedy Central’s Live Events, Brand Creative, Development, Video Production, Social and Marketing teams is essential.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as the day-to-day digital point for events and activations produced by Comedy Central, Viacom and outside festivals
- You will work with teams to create substantial, digital first content on-site and as lead-up marketing material to reflect Comedy Central’s presence and messaging
- You will partner with traditional marketing and content teams to ensure creative strategy and deliverables are aligned across multiple disciplines
- Partner with 3rd party agencies and companies to create resource and staffing plans, deliverables tracker, strategic briefs and decks
- You will create schedules, timelines and various documents to support the group and keep teams accountable
- You will lead production and brainstorm meetings, all-hands status meetings and more while identifying clear next steps and ensure team is clear on goals
- See projects through start to finish making ensuring deadlines are met and goals and strategies are adhered to
- You understand digital strategy, marketing, production and communicating and be able to lead and communicate decisions to the day-to-day teammates
- You will work with Executive Producer to create strategic and logistical recommendations to senior staff in order to meet set goals and expectations
- Work with Executive Producer to expand Comedy Central Digital’s offerings to Viacom and outside partners
- Serve as a cross-brand representative of Comedy Central Digital to Viacom corporate its networks
- Work with Social Responsibility Impact Strategy leads to integrate key Viacom initiatives into the digital space
- Work with team members and assigned manager to help improve process, workflow, documentation, and tools to ensure they are upheld and/or improved to department standards
The Standards and Practices department is responsible for ensuring that programming and advertising presented on Viacom’s networks meet standards of good taste, community acceptability and matters of compliance.
Nickelodeon Standards and Practices is at the forefront of the children's media and advertising industry in shaping and implementing expanded Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA) personal identity protections and policies across all of its multi-network digital content, advertising and partnerships. The team works in collaboration with Sales and Integrated Marketing to maximize business goals in a responsible manner.
The Specialist supports and accelerates review and commercial clearance of third party and custom advertising, supporting Ad Sales and Partner Marketing business units and directly impacting Nickelodeon’s bottom line.
The Specialist for Nickelodeon Kids & Family Standards and Practices supports the commercial clearance team by reviewing material, communicating with clients, and entering accurate data and clear instructions in the Wide Orbit database to protect Viacom from FCC violation.The review process extends to ensuring that all third party advertising, as well as internally-created advertising and marketing extensions, comply with FTC regulatory guidelines, industry self-regulation (CARU, MPAA, ESRB, CFBAI) and Nickelodeon best practices.
In addition to commercial clearance, the Specialist will participate in the daily review of commercial logs for Nick, Nicktoons, Nick Jr. and TeenNick to ensure that we comply with the Children’s Television Act. From time to time, the Specialist will provide administrative support and participate in competitive viewing.
Are you passionate about the entertainment industry and a go-getter? We are looking for a seasoned Executive Assistant to support two Senior Vice Presidents within Insights, Research & Strategy. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for handling day-to-day operations and administrative tasks for the department.
In this role:
- You will create meeting notes/recaps and distribute to appropriate attendees
- Prepare information and materials for meetings
- You will work in outlook to maintain calendar and contacts and to schedule internal and external meetings
- Prepare and submit Travel and Expense reports
- You will handle and schedule all business related travel
- Answer, screen and direct phone calls
- You will maintain contact lists for internal and external partners needs
- Assist with budgets including invoice processing, tracking and reconciliation
- You will interact with senior executives, providing information and assistance as needed
- You will establish and maintain relationships with various departments
The Manager of UX Research is an integral part of Viacom Media Networks, working as a core member of the Product Design team. The candidate will inform UX and UI design solutions for the multiplatform product suite across Global Entertainment; these include the full complement of Web and App experiences for our high-visibility brands MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Nickelodeon, and Paramount Network chief among them.
This is an opportunity to shape the user experiences of millions of fans across a wide suite of digital entertainment products.
The candidate will be a key contributor throughout the product development process, working with designers, product owners, project managers, engineers and key stakeholders crafting user testing methodologies, hypotheses, test plans, and prototypes with the end-goal of validating UX/UI product design solutions through moderated, qualitative usability labs.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with superior research, storytelling and management skills along with being equally comfortable living in both the big picture of a user’s ecosystem and the nitty gritty details of a specific user interaction.
This role will have support from junior members of the team and report to the Vice President of UX & Product Design, working with design directors on a daily basis.
- Lead UX research, usability testing, and consumer insights learnings as part of Product Design Team
- Work with product owners, product designers, quantitative analysts, marketers, and content programmers across the Global Entertainment Product Group to proactively identify opportunities to bring the voice of the consumer into strategic and tactical product conversations
- Influence the direction of specific user research opportunities, drawing on subject matter expertise and insights from indirectly related initiatives to guide consideration towards the biggest/best opportunities for the matter at hand
- Lead prioritization of what we research, and when we research it. Use best judgment on whether to leverage rapid user testing, internal panels, or external vendors to gain user insights that map directly back to product opportunities
- Maintain working knowledge of external products that compete both directly and indirectly with Viacom for users’ time, and be able to speak to their feature set and user experience
- Independently recruit users, design, and run the usability sessions for all the Global Entertainment Group product/design teams
- Proactively identify and integrate secondary sources/external resource into the product process where relevant
- Summarize and analyze results and actionable/meaningful insights that drive design decisions leading to amazing user experiences
- Serve as an expert in digital and mobile video on-demand technology and trends, by going deep on user experience, business value to Viacom, broader market value, and potential threats/opportunities
- Act as an ambassador throughout Viacom for rapid user testing, helping product and research teams see how they can achieve actionable results with little time and effort
- Build new relationships across the company and share learnings to more effectively achieve Viacom’s research and analytics objectives
Affiliate Revenue Accounting Group is responsible for the accurate reporting and overall revenue accounting process of over $4 Billion in annual revenue to Viacom. The department negotiates distribution agreements and maximizes revenue and marketing opportunities from traditional (Comcast, DirecTV, COX, etc.), MVPDs (SLING, DTV NOW, etc) digital (Amazon, Hulu, etc.) and new media distribution channels while ensuring that fans can discover and engage with Viacom Media Networks content on every available device and platform.
The Accounting Manager, Affiliate Revenue will support the Affiliate group as the very critical point of contact for monthly subscribers, license fees and receivables for a high volume of affiliate accounts. Responsible for account management from a 360 degree angle – from managing the monthly Bad Debt package and Bad Debt reserves, reconciling all Affiliate Account Receivable ledgers, overseeing withholding taxes, pacing and reconciliation processes that relate to Content Distribution. This also includes identifying & trouble-shooting discrepancies while also managing related receivables.
Reports to the Senior Director, Ad & Affiliate Revenue Controller
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Monthly Close Process
- Support monthly/ quarterly close processes through accurate pacing updates, G/L & SLINK journal entries review, variance analysis, standard reporting packages and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Review and validate the monthly MSO Control log reconciliation and MSO Analysis
- Manage DBD MG deals & distribution expenses
- Responsible for completing monthly Bad Debt Package / AR reconciliation
- Identify/investigate any balances over 90 days past due and report to Management
- Prepare month end A/R tracking & summary schedule for accounts
- Responsible for compilation, analysis and presentation of Content Distribution related receivables
- Support evaluation of business risks and potential bad debt and perform write-offs if/when necessary
- Perform financial and variance analysis
- Prepare various tax analyses and summaries
- Withholding tax receipt collections for affiliates located in Canada, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean
- Withholding tax write-offs at year end and/or on an as-need-basis in collaboration with VMN Controller’s group and Shared Services
- Perform financial and variance analysis and presents to revenue controller
- Responsible for completing or assisting with special projects received from senior team
- Serve as point of contact for finance compliance and internal/external audit requests
- Assist in reporting improvements for other key business units as deemed necessary by management
- Performs/coordinate quarterly SOX review including update of SOX narrative and all related documents
- Liaison with the Affiliate group related to reconciling/reporting of receivables, withholding tax and cash
- Ensure proper accounting controls and procedures are in place, focusing on compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act
- Ad hoc reports as necessary to support the group
Addressable advertising is a key pillar of Viacom’s growth strategy. This role, within Viacom’s technology organization (MTS), is responsible for developing and supporting the use of the technology required to sell and deliver addressable ads.
- Oversee the data management (DMP) capabilities that connect to Viacom’s ad sales stack and first party digital products. Ensure the company has the right blend of first and third party capabilities to meet its business, operational and technical objectives
- Bring a technical point of view to strategic conversations about user data across the Viacom business, consult on ad sales, distribution or corp dev initiatives as needed
- Partner with key stakeholders to capture business requirements and lead the effort to deliver the technologies, partnerships and business processes to meet them
- Work collaboratively across the organization to prioritize development of new capabilities and develop business cases that inform prioritization of ad platforms roadmap
- Oversee the operational application of technical capabilities by developing and implementing business processes
- Maintain a complete understanding of trends in advertising and technology and how Viacom can best position itself, clearly articulate this vision across the organization – themes of particular importance include big data, and optimization
- Work cross functionally to ensure technology gains successful traction by leading and participating in business initiatives and training programs. Supervise and write documentation and training materials
- Contribute to relevant macro-level strategic initiatives (i.e. convergence between digital and traditional TV advertising)
- Strategically manage partnerships with key vendors (Adobe, Google, Freewheel etc.) to ensure a strong working relationship and optimal economics. Leverage an intimate understanding of partner capabilities and roadmaps to ensure Viacom is delivering the best possible capability set
- Maintain an active and visible role in the ad-tech ecosystem to identify the best potential partners and lead a vetting process where opportunities exist, play an active role with the IAB and other relevant industry groups
Nickelodeon Experience is a team responsible for developing high quality, innovative, and unique real-life experiences that bring the Nickelodeon brand into the real world, allowing consumers to touch, feel and engage with the brand they love.
These experiences include, but are not limited to:
- Hotels and Resorts
- Music Festivals/ Concerts
- Theme parks and water parks
- Live theatricals/tours
- Exhibitions and 4D films
- Family entertainment centers
- Sports Leagues Activations and Partnerships
The Marketing team for Nickelodeon Experience is responsible for:
- Establishing and communicating strategy that generates awareness, incentivizes consumer engagement, and optimizes all available owned and operated and off-channel platforms to drive attendance and ticket sales for all Nickelodeon Experience projects
- Developing and executing comprehensive, multi-platform off-channel media campaigns for each project inclusive of TV, digital, OOH, print, radio, and paid social in partnership with outside agencies and partners
‘Quarterbacking’ across lines of business (Executive, Creative, Media Planning/Promo Scheduling, Digital, Social, Press, Sales) and external partners to build a strategic, integrated, holistic approach to all initiatives
- Writing campaign strategy, capturing full campaign activity in a launch deck, leading and memorializing post mortems
- Ensuring that marketing goals, audience insights, industry landscape and best practices are informing all campaign components
- Liaising with strategic third parties (eg Dreamscape or Live Nation) to generate mutually beneficial, cross platform partnerships for projects
The Director, Marketing supports the SVP in leading the development of marketing strategy and execution of marketing campaigns in support of the Nickelodeon Experience team.
- Write briefs, manage agency kick-off and creative execution of all off-channel marketing materials.
- Serve as point person for the creative teams and project management on the development and trafficking of marketing deliverables
- Generate comprehensive campaign decks
- Mange department manager and assistant
- Oversee tracking and reporting of project budget and actuals
- Develop executive summaries and one-sheets that clearly communicate campaign progress
- Actively manage campaigns, in progress
- Develop recap decks for all marketing campaigns
- Monitor and assess competitive activity to determine implications to Nickelodeon
- Be a champion for our consumer, our brand, and our experiences to ensure that all work reflects a kids point of view and maintains the integrity of our creative IP
- This position reports into the Director, Marketing
We are seeking a Seasoned Executive with excellent leadership, operational execution, process transformation, change management and communication capabilities. The VP of Continuous Improvement will lead strategic, transformational and operational improvement projects working with a cross functional team to enable process, technology and organizational effectiveness. This individual must be able to work collaboratively across the organization engaging with the Viacom Brands, Domestic and International Operating Groups and Viacom Corporate.
The VP of Continuous Improvement candidate will seek to identify transformational opportunities to drive growth, efficiency and productivity for the Company, as well as lead the creation, development and tactical execution of implementation plans. The candidate must be a proven business leader with the desire and experience to drive strategic change and operational execution. The candidate will be skilled in leading large scale business sectors and diverse teams with analytics, communication, execution and collaboration. The candidate must be an innovative operations leader with a track record of revamping organizations leveraging technology to gain competitive advantage to drive growth. The person must also be able to build trust through relationships with people throughout all levels of Viacom.
- Advocate for Six Sigma and Lean process methodologies as a tool to engage the organization to build transformational solutions. Coach, train, partner and provide leadership to the team members through Six Sigma / Lean knowledge base, concepts and tools.
- Lead project teams, developing business case and ROI for growth. Devise project plans to manage projects from inception to control including the development of audit KPIs to ensure process improvement is stable and sustainable.
- Partner with Businesses to design and support effective and efficient organizations by implementing operational improvements, process enhancements, organizational effectiveness, and technical solutions. Assist with the change management development, communication and execution plans.
- Perform data analytics. Responsible for creating data plan, collecting and consolidating data, establishing metrics, performing analysis, explaining results and articulating concise conclusions for Executive Leadership. Able to perform data analysis for process mapping, budget development, operational effectiveness and cost analysis to determine project feasibility. Ability to leverage metrics and analytic tools to craft a compelling message by leveraging various presentation techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate current processes and future solution recommendations.
- Lead a portfolio of projects by managing different client groups, conflicting schedules and resources. Able to resolve conflicts and identify solutions to move projects to successful completion. Able to assess and perform current process mapping and design value-added future process environment. Able to develop transition plan to move organization from current process to future state.
- Assist in the development, leadership and execution of the continuous improvement long range plan inclusive of project selection, resource management and technology innovation. Assist in vetting and prioritizing projects, determining 3rd party partners and soliciting innovative strategies for the company.
This position will lead a functional group to manage a wide array of legal responsibilities related to the development, production and distribution of television content for Paramount Television. The successful candidate will supervise and lead a group of production lawyers, paralegals and other executives who will handle all television legal matters.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Works closely with Business Affairs, Creative, Production and Finance in providing legal advice and counsel to senior management on television matters
- In collaboration with attorneys, sets the direction, develops and negotiates the largest and most complex TV arrangements
- Provides highest level of operational oversight for all legal aspects of television development, production and distribution, including the drafting and negotiating of rights, talent and licensing agreements, overall term producer agreements, contract administration, chain or title and rights reviews, clearance, trademark and copyright matters.
- Establish and maintain policies and practices for the department; create and maintain appropriate legal templates and definitions
- Provides legal advice during development and production to in-house groups and outside production personnel
- Proposes and implements new policies with respect to the structure of deals and contractual language for agreements
- Collaborate with legal colleagues across other divisions and departments