Advertising is being reinvented through big data, audience segmentation tools, digital platforms and formats as well as new consumer consumption patterns. Viacom is forefront of this reinvention of advertising, with a broad range of products and programs designed to connect with Viacom’s fans in whatever environments and on whatever platforms are most meaningful to them.
In this role, you will work with a team of product managers, sales executives and data engineers who design and deliver advanced advertising products and experiences for the Viacom Vantage platform for advanced advertising.
- Work with product managers to fully operationalize Viacom’s internal tools for audience data creation and management.
- Partner with data science teams in the improvement of data operations and analysis
- Provide insight into solutions and capabilities of Viacom data assets
- Work with external vendors to manage transfer of data on behalf of Viacom
- Serve as team expert for use of data in advertising
The Application Manager, Salesforce is responsible for functional project leadership, management and operational support of Legal applications across Viacom divisions, acting as the primary business facing functional point of contact.
The Manager will play a key role working with the business and the technology team to drive the development and transition to a new enterprise wide Contract Management platform built on Salesforce using Apttus CLM.
Your expected to be an experienced Project Manager with a background in systems or business analysis across the full SDLC, with ability to quickly understand business goals, aligning technology and process to meet those goals.
This position will report directly to the Sr. Director, Corporate Systems and be based in New York, NY.
- Function as the business IT functional leader and project manager during the Apttus CLM implementation and roll-out, conducted over multiple phases addressing different business areas.
- Understand business objectives and translate business needs into actionable system development projects, partnering with key business users and technical resources to drive projects through the whole SDLC from blueprint to implementation.
- Demonstrated hands-on and managerial experience with medium to large scale projects across all phases of the project life cycle, include management of supporting project plans.
- Experience with Agile project management.
- Experience documenting business requirements including user stories, process flows, test plans, training, implementation plans and support procedures.
- Good understanding of Legal and Contract management a plus.
- Media and Entertainment experience a plus.
- Ensures Compliance with appropriate security and controls as defined by policy and governance.
- Excellent customer facing communication skills for requirements gathering and presentations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The Music Director will report to the Editorial Director, MTV News and be responsible for MTV News’ music coverage across editorial, social and video. The Music Director will be a sharp creative who will directly oversee the editorial wing of MTV News’ music team of editors and writers, while collaborating across MTV News’ video and social teams to optimize and translate content across platforms. The Music Director will regularly utilize analytics and insights to inform content and increase traffic and engagement around editorial, social and video content. Additionally, the Music Director will work with other teams in MTV and Viacom landscape to inform and produce innovative content that builds positive brand loyalty/affinity and makes an impact in the cultural sphere.
With a natural passion for music across genres, from pop and hip-hop to indie rock and K-pop, the Music Director should be well-versed in editorial trends and strategies within the music and entertainment news space, have strong writing and editorial skills and sharp experience with crafting brand voice and tone, and comfortable creating content in real-time, innovating as needed to reflect a fast-paced news environment. The Music Director should be tireless as it pertains to identifying unique opportunities for MTV News to have a meaningful and unique impact on its audience.
Candidates must have experience producing editorial content for world-class digital or print news brands, with an eye towards creating a unique position, voice, point-of-view and strategy. Developing and managing relationships with MTV’s On-Air Producers, Development Team, Product Development, Editorial, Design, Technology, Marketing, and Ad Sales is a primary responsibility.
- Overseeing the overall music strategy for MTV News content as it lives across editorial, social and video platforms
- Managing a team of editors and writers to draft impactful, timely, engaging and audience-facing editorial posts. Occasional evening and weekend work as well as travel will be required for breaking news stories and key MTV and cultural events
- Working with the MTV News social team to understand the latest trends in social media to positively affect audience growth and key metrics (including video views, social engagement and site traffic) and monitor trends to inform content across platforms. Developing working relationships with internal partners as well as external platforms
- Collaborating with outside stakeholders (Music and Talent Programming, On-Air Producers, Integrated Marketing, other business units, etc) to ensure that strategic objectives are understood in concept development, and met
- Working with Research teams and third-party apps to identify and track relevant analytics
- Collaborating with Senior team members to work on larger MTV News projects and initiatives
- Representing MTV News in public spaces (press events, panels, public events) when applicable
The Digital Marketing Manager will produce and support paid social and digital media advertising campaigns for Comedy Central, Paramount Network, and TV Land. They will contribute to the execution of paid advertising campaigns on key social/digital platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, and more for all series including, The Daily Show w/Trevor Noah, South Park, Yellowstone, Younger, and more.
The candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and have experience in paid social media marketing and advertising. Candidates must possess excellent communication, organizational, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Develop and execute paid social campaigns on self-service advertising platforms including Google AdWords, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Must be familiar and comfortable creating, trafficking, and optimizing campaigns across multiple social networks and ad buying platforms
- Responsible for producing and presenting paid media recommendations and launching campaigns from the ground up, including new testing opportunities
- Organize and manage internal marketing support across various departments and platforms
- Ensure all branding opportunities w/3rd parties are on strategy without sacrificing brand integrity
- Monitor campaign spends and optimize media spends as necessary
- Create campaign wrap up reports, best practices documents, and other misc. presentations as needed
- Oversee day-to-day budget, track spends, IO’s, contracts, and payments
- Managing the submission and delivery of creative requests for ads, emails, and display units
- Code and deploy email marketing campaigns
The Senior Business Analyst within Media Services Finance Technology is responsible for providing continued support for Viacom’s planning system implementation and daily operational activities. You will quickly understand existing business/system processes and its inherent inter-dependencies for immediate contributions. You will be responsible for maintaining application user-requirements and integration documentation between financial planning systems within the MTS Financial Management ecosystem (e.g., Longview, Workfront, Apptio etc.).
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Partner with vendor and technical system owners (SOs) to understand integration points, design, and document current vs future process and identify gaps.
- You will handle overall testing process and expected outcomes; build test plan, test cases, and tracks defect logs and provide reporting on progress
- You will work closely with an off-shore resource to maintain the operational aspect of the planning tools, including the scheduled data feeds, updates to mapping tables and access governance to support monthly forecasting and annual planning cycles.
- You will partner with Viacom groups to collect short-term and long-term roadmap items.
- Research questions such as data or mapping issues and follow-up with data owners to drive towards resolution.
- Partner with departments and other SOs to review and prepare corporate and management reporting from Apptio.
- Work directly with internal clients to identify process and system improvements.
The Senior Manager, Motion Picture Group Reporting is responsible for managing the completion of statutory audit related tasks, performing monthly and quarterly close reporting, and other related accounting activities in support of the World Wide Motion Picture Group.
- Perform statutory account related activities including managing Audit and Statutory Deliverables, reviewing audit deliverables, perform management and administrative duties
- Manage Sub-Distributor accounting process. Review submissions and work with other staff to insure submissions and remittances are timely and properly recorded
- Liaise with other staff to ensure all transactions related to UIP are recorded accurately. This includes all direct title revenues / costs, inter-company charges, equity, tax, reserves and cash application
- Build and maintain contacts with UIP, Viacom Tax and Paramount Management. Review relevant reporting, track and recommend adjustments as appropriate
- Prepare GAAP reporting to external parties
- Perform accounting and record-keeping functions. Review and post monthly/quarterly journal entries
- Assist in preparation and review of reporting deliverables for Corporate, Viacom Tax Group, other divisions, and external auditors including the Viacom Earnings Book, CRC’s, and Representation letters
- Review monthly and quarterly deliverables
- Review account reconciliations and assist in analyzing balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed
The Nickelodeon Preschool Brand Creative team is seeking a Supervising Producer. Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide timely feedback on much of the team's creative work -- everything from video edits and audio mixes, to pitches, brainstorms, scripts and more -- to the entire creative team of producers, associate producers, PA's, editors and audio engineers.
- Assist in the scheduling of in-house production teams or external vendors for assignments on our various platforms - On-Air, Digital, and Off Channel
- Perform ongoing review and assessment of internal production processes (maximizing use of internal production and post-production facilities, efficient use of PBE hires, reviewing delivery protocols, etc) to ensure we are working as efficiently as possible
- Support the Creative Director and Editorial Director as needed with concept/script development and oversight, keeping projects moving forward in the pre-production phase
- Kick off outside vendors and act as their creative point person throughout the project's lifespan
- Work with the Post Production Manager to manage edit and audio schedule, and to ensure timely delivery of post-production deliverables such as music cue sheets and work reels
- Keep in constant contact with the departmental Production Assistants on weekly deliveries
- Act as a senior-level writer/producer on select projects as needed
Are you a strategic thinker who enjoys analyzing trends and consumer insights?
The Viacom Global Consumer Insights is responsible developing a keen understanding of Viacom audiences around the world, then disseminating those findings within the company and beyond. Through multi-country research and insights initiatives, we support all Viacom corporate teams. We collaborate with consumer insights teams in the US and abroad to champion regional findings and coordinate global results, contributing to Viacom’s vast audience expertise.
The Senior Analyst will support consumer insights projects on behalf of Viacom’s suite of brands including Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, BET and more. In this role, you will support the team responsible for providing consumer-driven insights on a rapidly changing, complex audience and cultural landscape. You will work on thought leadership projects covering a wide range of global topics including but not limited to audience insights, cultural trends, marketing, communications, and corporate social responsibility. If you love finding trends and patterns, connecting insights among consumers and have a real passion for culture, then this role may be for you!
- Work with the Director to design, field, coordinate, analyze and disseminate qualitative and quantitative research projects including surveys, focus groups, online research, ethnographies, and trend analyses
- Provide support in the analysis of primary and secondary/syndicated consumer insights data to respond to information requests
- Contribute to ongoing thought leadership work by identifying trends in culture that resonate with audiences
- Facilitate the operations of our insights events including live streamed presentations, internal staff meetings, and ad hoc training sessions
- Assist with evaluation, training, maintenance, access and roll-out of current and future research tools, subscriptions and insights systems used across the company
- Collaborate with the Viacom Marketing team to assist in communicating insights findings more broadly, both internally and externally
- Execute on delegated RFP processes and administrative tasks for including Purchase Orders, Finance and Legal
- Serve as a valuable resource for consumer trends, attitudes and media behaviors
Are you a strategic thinker who enjoys analyzing trends? The Digital Coordinator will produce and support paid social and digital media advertising campaigns for Paramount Network and TV Land. They will contribute to the execution of paid advertising campaigns on key platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google, and more for all series including, Yellowstone, Younger, and more.
If you love working in a dynamic and collaborative environment and have experience in advertising and social media marketing, this role may be for you!
- Execute with paid social campaigns on self-service advertising platforms including Google AdWords, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Create, traffic, and optimize campaigns across multiple social networks and ad buying platforms
- Assist with monthly reporting and analysis of social campaigns across all platforms
- Handling the submission and delivery of creative requests for social ads, emails, and display units
- Maintain financial records on media spends
- Code and deploy email marketing campaigns
- Assist with cross-departmental collaboration efforts (integrated marketing, consumer products, etc.)
- Provide administrative support for the Marketing team and assist in program launches and management if/when necessary
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc., is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. Reaching more than 84 million homes, we providing an authentic, unapologetic viewpoint of the Black experience. Our history of extraordinary, creative and original content include shows like American Soul, Being Mary Jane, 106 & Park, The Game, the BET Awards (the #1 Awards Show on Cable Television), the BET Hip-Hop Awards, Black Girls Rock! and many others.
BET Networks is seeking a highly motivated and ambitious strategic thinker with exceptional presentation and analytical skills to be our Manager, Strategy and Operations. Working directly alongside the Network President, VP of Strategy and Business Development and other BET senior management, you will contribute to the development of long-range strategy planning and the execution of various initiatives. You will be positioned to make valuable contributions across all lines of business (e.g., programming, streaming, live events, digital, etc.) that will impact the Network’s overall strategy and future direction. You will report to the Vice President, Strategy & Business Development.
- You support the Network President, VP of Strategy and Business Development and other BET senior management in the development and execution of large scale, first-of-its-kind industry initiatives
- You will help to actively identify, analyze and present new businesses opportunities in accordance with the group’s long-range strategy
- Providing insight and support to existing businesses through operational analysis and business planning across BET lines of business, you help ensure continued growth and profitability
- Craft business communications and build presentations for senior management that fuse financial, performance, strategic and competitive information cohesively
- Own daily blocking and tackling for strategy and business development executions
- Support deal-making with key internal and external business partners
- Thoroughly assess new business opportunities (both qualitatively and quantitatively); help develop complete business plans to support entry if appropriate
- You assist in the implementation of approved new business opportunities
- Demonstrate deep understanding of industry trends and competitive landscape, providing updates to key partners
- Foster meaningful and productive relationships with critical players across BET and Viacom
This group oversees Nickelodeon’s learning business: NOGGIN offers 1,500 episodes from preschool TV shows like PAW Patrol, Blue's Clues, Peppa Pig, The Backyardigans, Yo Gabba Gabba, Dora the Explorer, and more. Moose & Zee, our beloved hosts, are kids’ co-adventurers, guiding them on a fun-filled journey to explore numbers & shapes, letters & sounds, music, art, manners, and much more.
We offer a direct-to-consumer subscription service designed to help kids learn through the characters they love. We are building a team of highly-motivated individuals who are eager to work in a start-up-like environment within a large media company. Are you a self-starter who is flexible and thrives in a fast pace environment? If so, this role may be right up your alley.
- You will help arrange meetings and conference calls with other departments
- You will provide administrative support to the EVP and SVP: book travel, process expense reports, calendar and phone management
- You will create decks for internal and external presentations
- You will handle all internal communication along with crafting newsletters and email blasts
- You will schedule and coordinate the planning of department meetings, book conference rooms, internal and external meetings, as well as assist with other projects and tasks as needed
Our Strategic Sourcing team is growing! We are seeking new talent at the Manager level. Your areas of focus will be in Research / Insights and Post-production. You will identify and lead strategic sourcing initiatives across Viacom business units focusing on all related expenditures. You will deliver cost savings and quality solutions based on close collaboration with business and finance leaders.
This position is located in Los Angeles.
- You will dedicatedly engage and propose measures to various senior management teams that drive global strategic initiatives through sourcing efforts, including supplier and spend consolidation.
- Responsible for handling numerous vendor initiatives across various categories including: Market Research and Measurement, Post-Production, Consumer Insights, Home Media Distribution, Syndicated Data, Digital / Social Tools and Platforms.
- You deliver ongoing annual cost efficiencies on source-able spend within the categories
- Lead and run RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, which includes creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations (using scorecards) and vendor selection.
- You work as team member in vendor evaluation and selection; lead selection process and negotiations; recommend strategies that maximize value for the company
- Lead specified business units through sourcing process and ensure sourcing decisions are consistent with overall company strategy, policy, and needs
- You lead negotiations with vendors, in collaboration with key partners. Offer guidance and negotiation tactics to team.
- Work with business partners across various media network brands and studio groups to understand full vendor landscape and to identify savings opportunities across vendor engagements
- You make presentations to business unit management and senior company management on sourcing initiatives
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing a high level of administrative support and coordinating the day-to-day operations of the VP, National Publicity and the larger National Publicity team.
- Manages the phones, calendar, travel, expenses, invoices, and day-to-day operations of the VP, National Publicity
- Coordinates team meetings
- Assists with drafting filmmaker schedules
- Maintains team documents; gathering and inputting campaign updates to calendars, timelines, status reports and other relevant documents
- Responsible for working with credits for one pager and production notes
- Distributes press breaks, tune-ins, reviews, and screening memos to studio executives, internal teams, filmmakers, and personal publicists
- Sets and staffs screenings (talent, press, internal), arranges print trafficking and maintains RSVP lists
- Coordinates all contract requests with outside vendors and handle payments
- Handles film talent on-site at red carpets, press junkets, interviews, and appearances, conventions (i.e. CinemaCon, Comic-Con, WonderCon, etc.), award shows, film festivals, and various other publicity events.
- Maintains knowledge of national print, broadcast, and radio outlets and writers/hosts in LA & NY
- Brainstorms with national and online publicity teams for film initiatives
The Senior Analyst, Analytics & Insights in the Audience Science Group (ASG) will be responsible for supporting the data and development of dashboards across the Viacom portfolio. Ideal candidate would have experience in digital marketing data and an agile development environment. The ability to interpret data, provide relevant context, and clearly communicate to both technical and non-technical teams is key to success in this role.
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity of the data and dashboards through daily QA which includes pulling data, troubleshooting discrepancies, and escalating issues
- Support the design and build of new dashboards
- Define and provide clear data requirements to technical cross-teams
- Continuously improve processes to enhance current processes by identifying patterns and implementing new workflows
- Analyze data to drive actionable insights for optimization and communicate clearly and concisely to the team in a timely manner
- Deliver ad-hoc reporting and analyses to provide cross-functional teams with an understanding of how our marketing efforts drive ticket sales, brand awareness, tune-in, etc
- Work collaboratively with cross-teams to develop KPIs and a measurement strategy that align to campaign and brand goals
The Sr. Manager, Digital Partnerships will lead the management and production of Nickelodeon’s digital video business, in support of the overall Digital Partnership strategy and long-range plans.
Working with the Director of Digital Partnerships, you will develop and set the strategy for the Download-to-Own (DTO) business. Additionally, you will handle internal and external production deliveries, and ensure our video assets are properly distributed, sold and merchandised via our platform partners.
This position will report to the Director, Digital Partnerships.
- Support the development and execution of the strategy and business plans for DTO
- Understand and know applications, formats, and technical platforms in the DTO businesses
- Collaborate with senior management to ensure the strategies achieve the larger corporate goals for the Nickelodeon brands
- Act as digital media team project manager, conducting and coordinating digital projects across all platforms
- Managing day to day operations with internal teams and various internal departments, including Programming, Sales, Marketing and Legal
- Leading partnerships with platform partners such as Apple, Amazon and Google, to ensure external awareness of our key properties and roadmap and strong store promotion for our launches
- Working closely with Programming team to identify network priorities and align accordingly
- Develop system of best practices for efficiency in conversions, metadata and pricing
- Providing weekly reports on sales, distribution and promotion
- Researching technology, marketing trends and industry related news and present information to the rest of the Digital Partnerships team
- Account coordination, which includes title management and knowledge of the Nickelodeon catalog
- Maintain collection of necessary documents for new accounts (on-boarding instructions, specs, FAQs) and distribute as appropriate
As the Coordinator, you will provide key support to the Human Resources Partner teams. You will responsible for the coordination and oversight of all of the day-to-day operations to ensure that the department is run efficiently and effectively.
- You will handle kick off to HR Business Operations Teams for all transactions; liaise with HRBP and business leaders to confirm updates/changes be processed by HR Business Ops team
- You will respond to inquiries from staff employees, project based employees and temps. As appropriate, forward questions to Specialist teams (Benefits, Recruiting, Facilities, etc. for resolution.
- You will maintain current and proposed org charts
- Ongoing support to HR team on a variety of special projects and key initiatives such as Year-end Process, organizational restructurings
- Run reports and pull data as requested (attrition, D&I, HC)
- Exit Interviews for Managers & below; Director level as needed
- Serve as data integrity resource for entire team; ensure for example – all functions the business wants to report on properly shows in PS
- Liaise with Specialist groups to respond to questions or validate info for them
- Pulling comp details for discussions w/teams; Comparison across their organizations and/or across brands, reporting
- Organizing asks for Compensation team
- Connect w/legal to discuss needs
- Work with HRP Integration Projects as needed (ATV, Snowglobe, VidCon, etc.)
- Handle files on headcount asks, comp requests, misc. items
- Organize integration planning calls, plan agenda, lead calls as need
- Connect w/payroll/on-boarding, tech, etc.
- Coordination of admin for major projects – (i.e. Career Path website updates, Diversity & Inclusion Plans)
Viacom is seeking a Coordinator to assist in project management work with ASG’s Strategic Services Team as well as help maintain the day-to-day billing system and assist in the maintenance and reporting of the Audience Science Group’s P&L.
The Audience Science group serves as an internal media agency within Viacom. Its client portfolio is inclusive of Viacom Corporate Communications, Distribution & Business Development, BET, CMT, Comedy Central, Logo, MTV, Nick, VH1, and more.
Strategic Projects support
- Maintain team status documents and timelines and ensure key project action items and milestones are accomplished/met/delivered on time
- Manage brand communication to facilitate timely creative asset delivery
- Translate media and placement recommendations into creative trafficking document(s)
- Partner with internal teams to deliver and pro-actively troubleshoot creative assets
- Work directly with external vendors to organize and maintain creative specs
- Coordinate recurring and ad hoc meetings involving both internal and external stakeholders, including establishing of meeting agendas, capturing meeting notes and next steps, and ensuring all necessary follow-ups are made
Billing and Financial Planning
- Maintain team billing tracker and other related financial documents
- Track media expenditures for all digital and linear media ad campaigns to ensure timely receipt and clearance of vendor invoices, working with clients and vendors
- Create and maintain extremely close relationships with billing teams on both the brand and vendor sides. Must be able to clearly document and outline the processes for each brand and vendor to prevent any errors due to nuances with each.
- Learn and efficiently use the Viacom in-house billing and vendor systems, currently the SAP S/MART system
- Understand and mitigate business implications of over/under delivery of agreed upon KPI’s
- Work with vendors and internal clients directly on resolving discrepancies expediently
- Initiate meetings with planners/buyers to maintain acceptable aging of discrepancies and keep informed on budget changes / methods to improve process and communication
- Proactively problem-solve invoicing issues that stem from the large # of Viacom clients using the same platforms, working closely with internal Finance, Consumer Brands, and external Vendors as needed
- Work directly with internal partners for specific client billing deadlines and understanding of requirements.
- Respond to all emails and inquiries in a timely manner to avoid escalation
- Work with a VP of ASG to maintain and understand the group’s monthly P&L along with Viacom Finance. This will include ensuring the P&L on file is completely up to date and the forecasts are kept up to date with daily changes in the group’s spend
- Maintain a close working relationship with Viacom Financial Planning & Analysis to ensure all necessary info is passed along correctly and efficiently
The MTV Production Management department is looking for a Manager to join their team. Responsibilities include:
- Manages production elements for East Coast Production Department of MTV/VH1/CMT
- Support department Directors, Sr. Directors & VP on projects
- Create and vet series and specials budgets, calendars and production plans for both Internal and 3rd Party Production
- Work with Finance to create and manage series cash flows and reports for internal shows, 3rd Party Productions and Internal EP/Talent
- Prep production budgets for approval, create signature pages and manage circulation
- Track financials for internal productions and vet/review cost reports for 3rd Party Productions
- Manage payroll for PBEs
- Vet/review all final show deliverables, assets, wrap materials
- Manage/Oversee internal shoots and assist on location for Multiplatform/Events (Online ancillary content, photoshoots, Press Days, Talent logistics, travel)
- Manage department P-cards and petty cash
- Compile, create and analyze historical data from series budgets, talent trackers, production and creative plans, production/post-production facilities bids, vendors, equipment rentals, etc.
- Supports rollout of department/company initiatives and train the team on new mandates including Ariba, Concur, Market, Budget Templates, Chart of Accts
- Work with internal production teams to ensure proper protocols are implemented and coordinate with departments as needs may arise – Legal, PRT, Risk Management, Press, Talent, Security, Finance, Marketing
Viacom is seeking a highly experienced, strategically minded Program Manager whose main responsibility is to plan, track, and handle projects to which they are assigned. Specifically you will be focused on Mergers & Acquisition / divestiture projects, in varying scale from enterprise wide down to individual operating unit or team. The role will identify partners and help define the project objectives and handle them according to Viacom-approved project frameworks, including Agile, Waterfall, and other project management approaches. You will take an active senior leadership role in the team and build an environment that fosters the prescribed agile methods and processes. Finally, you are able to identify issues, resolve conflicts, call out risks if necessary, and work across the organization to execute the project.
You will partner across the organization to promote collaboration and coordination amid contending priorities to ensure strategic and tactical product goals are delivered. You will also drive activities within the program, leading to predictable, quality delivery of value. In addition, you should be able to facilitate meetings and specific ceremonies, when applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand primary partner program needs and establish/enhance practices to effectively deliver against those needs
- Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, project managers, technology, and business sponsors
- Facilitate program-level ceremonies, processes, and overall execution
- Actively track and report on program initiatives, operations metrics, and budgets
- Identify and handle risks and impediments that affect program scope, schedule, and quality
- Manage dependencies and risks within and across programs
- Collaborate with other Program Managers, Scrum Managers, and Project Managers to coordinate initiatives across multiple technology teams, from inception to delivery to consumer
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of a program roadmap, in close collaboration with Product Management, Engineering and various disciplines across the enterprise
- Facilitate cross-team scrum-of-scrums, where applicable
- Act as liaison for the program to other programs and management
- Assist in fine-tuning framework for cross-team communication, coordination of integration among components, and related governance
- Handle projects (when applicable) and their interdependencies to ensure achievement alignment and integrity of the delivery
- Manage multiple initiatives concurrently (as needed)
- Facilitate the production of high-level documentation around existing operational processes and proposed workflows within net new systems or optimized existing systems
- Participate in extensive cross-organization collaboration (e.g. quarterly planning), playing a crucial role in working with end users and business partners
- Manage relationships and deliverables from associated vendors (when applicable)
Reporting to the VP of Ad Sales Insights for BET Networks, the Manager will be a creative thinker responsible for supporting the ad sales research needs of the BET family of brands for our sales teams and for supporting key research projects and initiatives.
- Provide research support to sales team in order to fulfill ad hoc insight requests for BET/BETher/BET Digital / BET Experience
- Utilize syndicated databases (MRI, YouGov, Mintel, Nielsen) to craft strong consumer stories to drive revenue with the sales department
- Collaborate with Ad Sales Analytics to utilize cross-platform viewership data (linear, digital, and social) to create thoughtful and innovative audience analyses in order to best position and distinguish our networks in the marketplace
- Contribute to innovative thought leadership pieces that advance the business and maintain our brands’ position as the with the African American and urban audience
- With VP and Ad Sales Analytics team, conduct advertiser effectiveness studies on behalf of clients
- Present consumer-focused research, as well as data-driven research, to internal and external clients
- Leverage the BET fan panel to drive rich insight for the BET sales team
Nickelodeon is searching for a dynamic Vice President of Digital Content to oversee development and production of original short-form series and formats, as well as content inspired by and in support of the network’s current programming and priorities. The VP will be an integral part of Nickelodeon, and contribute to Viacom Digital Studios (VDS), helping to drive Nick’s expansion across kids’ favorite digital platforms.
The VP will apply their expertise in kid’s content to build, inspire and manage a nimble team of creatives and producers to create great platform-appropriate content to help drive KPIs including: video views, watch time, overall channel growth and brand value/relevance. The primary platform of focus will be YouTube.
This position is based at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio in Burbank and reports to the Senior Vice President of Social Media and Digital Video. Are you ready to play?
- Development and production of original short-form content exclusively for Nickelodeon’s ecosystem of YouTube and social channels
- Interaction and close coordination with the linear development and current production teams to develop complementary concepts and formats that will pitch and catch between the linear network and YouTube
- Close coordination with the YouTube programming and audience development team to ensure overall strategic goals are met and all content is optimized
- Identify Influencers and Talent native to digital platforms with whom Nick should work and cultivate the next generation of Nick stars. Spot and respond to emerging trends and categories
- Recruitment and management of a nimble, vertically integrated creative team, capable of executing internal productions with aggressive deadlines
- Contracting and oversight of third party production companies when projects require them
- Ownership of all internal metrics of success, including average view duration and retention
- Interaction with business and legal affairs to execute deals on behalf of our productions.
- Management and oversight of the overall content budget
The MTV Coordinator of Integrated Marketing is a dynamic and creative thinker who can conceptualize and execute custom marketing solutions for Viacom’s advertising partners. The Integrated Marketing Team (as part of Viacom Velocity) works closely with Ad Sales and Channel Teams (production, social, etc.) to produce best-in-class integrated marketing campaigns that infuse advertisers into MTV’s on-air, digital, and social platforms.
You should posses a passion for pop culture, music, and the MTV brand, in addition to having a strong understanding of the larger marketing/advertising landscape.
- You will create and maintain campaign execution materials including program decks, one sheets, meeting agendas, production schedules, client timelines, and scripts, amongst others
- You will be the main point of contact for collecting and organizing program assets, monitoring social media rollouts, and assisting on production shoots
- You will work closely with the production, digital, social, media planning and traffic teams to execute custom sponsorship elements
- You will collaborate with integrated marketing pitch counterparts to brainstorm concepts for a variety of brands in response to client RFPs and formally vet ideas through various channel teams
- You will act as the Integrated Marketing show point, collaborating with MTV Executive Producers to develop in-show integration opportunities and handle communication between teams
The ideal candidate will provide project management and support to Social Impact Strategy for Comedy Central, Paramount Network and TV Land as we undertake a portfolio of multi-platform social change initiatives that empower our audiences to have a positive impact on the biggest challenges facing them today. Responsible for the day-to-day elements of social impact campaigns, as well as some administrative tasks for VP, Social Impact Strategy.
- Update and maintain agenda for Social Impact Strategy team meetings
- Track progress of projects including but not limited to social impact campaigns and integrations with network shows
- Support necessary activities related to production of social impact content
- Help to draft and oversee distribution of Some Good News, the Entertainment Group’s social impact newsletter (monthly) as well as developing internal marketing plans for social impact initiatives such as e-blasts, social media or other creative ways to share departmental updates
- Develop and implement effective and creative ways to conduct social impact outreach to key external and internal constituencies
• Support senior leadership’s engagement of external partners including but not limited to:
o Non-profits and advocacy groups
o Community Based Organizations
o Washington/Government entities
o Corporate partners
- Facilitate employee engagement in social impact initiatives including support for Viacommunity Day and other key internal communications moments such as awareness days and holidays
- Execute and manage all grant requests; Keep a running log of all philanthropic activities
- Coordinate support for company philanthropic events and executives’ participation in external events
- Identify opportunities for social impact priorities to align with network priority properties, including shows and talent.
- Work with senior leadership to raise awareness for the company’s social impact initiatives, resources and projects
- Undertake and summarize research relevant to Social Impact Strategy projects
- Work with senior leadership to accomplish strategic department goals
- Collaborate closely with every department across the networks in order to develop, execute and promote the Entertainment Group’s social impact work
- Juggle numerous projects daily
The Corporate Housekeeping, General Corporate Paralegal will provide a range of paralegal support for domestic and international corporate housekeeping, mergers and acquisitions transactions and other corporate matters.
Do you have the ability to work independently and show excellent judgment? This position calls for the ability to receive and adhere to directions for concurrent assignments, identify and handle respective deadlines, use time and company resources effectively and prioritize accordingly. This position will require the ability to identify and develop working relationships with appropriate legal and non-legal personnel across the company. Anticipation of what events may trigger subsequent tasks and follow-up is integral to this position. People within and outside the Company rely on information provided to them by this employee without further verification so information needs to be detailed, accurate, verifiable and complete. Attention to detail, comfort with autonomy and a high level of initiative are important.
- You will draft corporate documentation, including board and stockholder resolutions, certificates, etc. for incorporations, dissolutions, name changes, qualifications, withdrawals and state merger documents in various U.S. and foreign jurisdictions (in the case of foreign jurisdictions, liaising with local counsel as necessary)
- You will help maintain current and historical corporate information electronically in various databases
- You will prepare documentation for US and international treasury-driven initiatives, including restructurings, capital contributions, dividends, financings, etc.
- You will develop step plans for these transactions and liaise with Viacom legal, tax, treasury and accounting teams, and outside counsel in various jurisdictions
- You will prepare organizational charts for all Viacom divisions, powers of attorney, consents, agreements, certificates, etc.
- You will draft resolutions, certificates, handle state filings, update internal records and organize key closing documents
- Additional responsibilities will include other general legal department assignments
The VidCon Writer / Producer creates, edits and produces editorial content devoted to engaging the VidCon audience year-round on the web, social networks, video platforms and podcasting services. The Writer / Producer is tasked with writing, producing and editing video, text, audio and image/graphic assets- up to 10 items daily across VidCon’s social and web channels. The ideal candidate will have a strong background creating video, text and photo-driven content across popular social networks, with a concentration on visual storytelling and journalism – vertical and horizontal video production skills and passion necessary.
- Produce content relevant to our three distinct audiences and our 3 adjacent audiences – with an early focus on the community/fan audience
- Create graphic elements that tie into our overall brand messaging
- Assist in developing a unique voice that resonates with our target audiences, but also one that dovetails with VidCon’s broader corporate goals
- Meet or exceed viewership, view and share goals as set by the Content Director and GM
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key content creators at other Viacom properties
- Nurture and grow VidCon community as it relates to posted content
- Own web and social content pages
- Use web and YouTube analytic tools to determine which topics are trending, and create content that will result in views, likes, shares and comments either short term or over a longer period of time
- Use web analytic tools to analyze and report on the results of these efforts
- Other duties as assigned
This position is responsible for all accounting and reporting functions related to TV Licensing contracts.
- Analysis and reporting of all license agreements (interpret and implement license fee calculations and payment terms per contractual terms)
- Complete financial month end/quarter end close process, including revenue recognition, and AR reconciliations
- Perform various balance sheet and P&L reconciliations
- Reporting and analysis for inter/intra company and related party
- Monthly FX Revaluation reporting and analysis
- Review of new contracts and change orders within the PRISM system to ensure accuracy of financial information entered by Sales Admin
- Review of accounting transactions created by PRISM to ensure accuracy of financial data being reported each month
- Ad-hoc/Miscellaneous reporting and analysis
The Comedy Central, Paramount Network, TV Land Strategic Insights & Research department is looking for a Manager to join the Marketing & Media Insights team. You are primarily responsible for conducting research and developing audience insights through a variety of qualitative and quantitative methodologies, including Nielsen data analytics. You will design, implement and analyze custom research to inform Marketing, Creative, Social Media and Media Planning strategy. You are an experienced Media Researcher with a real passion for television.
- Conduct proprietary quantitative and qualitative studies resulting in strategic reports and actionable insights for key partners
- Manage external vendors on projects such as creative testing and consumer deep-dives, by monitoring key timelines and details, including recruitment of respondents, survey development, data output, and report delivery
- Work with Director to develop marketing recommendations based on in-depth audience profiling and local market performance, using Nielsen data and other syndicated data sources
- Track and evaluate marketing campaigns with an emphasis on effective cross platform marketing return on investment
- Track show/talent awareness through TV Dailies, ePoll, and custom online surveys.
- Work closely with Multiplatform Analytics colleagues on research in communicating a holistic story of the performance of our brands and key franchises
- Monitor, interpret and compile findings from various research sources (syndicated, social listening, primary research, etc.) on industry and consumer trends, and disseminate it to key stakeholders in an engaging and thoughtful way
- Proactively seek out and evaluate new resources, tools, and partners to ensure that we’re using the most current and effective methodologies
- Develop a strong working relationship with colleagues across multiple teams within the organization
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling entertainment content - including television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, games, consumer products, podcasts, live events and social media experiences - for audiences in 183 countries. Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, VH1, TV Land, CMT, Logo, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina), Colors (India) and Paramount Channel, reach approximately 4.3 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide.
Join our Domestic Media Networks group as a Manager, Global Licensing Finance. As part of this team, your principal responsibilities include managing the financial planning process for DMN’s Consumer Products and Home Video organization. This role requires an autonomous individual who will handle the domestic revenue and expense packages around financial recognition, forecasting, reporting, internal analysis, etc. You will be in charge of organizing and reporting Domestic P&L performance across all brands to various audiences, including our sales, marketing, senior management, and corporate finance teams. You will also have the opportunity to communicate strategic changes directly to the business, implement policies and procedures, and improve operating efficiencies.
Monthly Closing Process
- Ensure monthly revenue is recognized in alignment with guidelines.
- Liaise with Operations & Account Executives to ensure maximum revenue is recognized.
- Consolidate and analyze expenses related to marketing and T&E.
- Provide detailed variance explanations for any deviations from the approved budgets.
- Partner with the domestic marketing and sales teams to closely monitor the expenses associated with various major events and travel.
Forecasting & Budgeting
- Perform and prepare annual budgeting and monthly re-forecasts in conjunction with Sales and external partners
- Create and submit required monthly outlooks, quarterly estimates, and "real time" financial forecasts.
- Complete FP&A P&L – reforecast packages with variance explanations
- Improve forecasting practices for both revenue and operating expenses.
- Assist with tracking Risks and Opportunities to provide weekly updates to Corporate.
Ad hoc analysis & Project work
- Partner with Director of Finance and CP Senior Management for Revenue and Expense Analysis
- Long Term Planning Analysis
- Assisting preparation of leadership presentations, as needed.
- Coordinate Global participations across the business.
The MTV team is seeking a Manager to join the team responsible for digital content and social media marketing around the upcoming Facebook Watch season of MTV’s groundbreaking reality television show: The Real World. Working under the guidance of the studio VP, this role is responsible for content strategy, content production, content distribution, creative ideation and community management for all Real World elements. The position will require candidates to work interdepartmentally across Marketing, Communications, Design, Video Production and with our Facebook and production company partners.
- Building social/digital plans that ladder up to overall marketing campaign; working with marketing and brand teams to incorporate social plans into overall briefs and documentation.
- Produce forward-thinking social media content including social videos, memes, gifs, etc.
- Managing day-to-day posting/publishing and fan engagement on Real World social media accounts.
- Creating and managing holistic schedules and timelines.
- Track metrics and usage patterns on all social platforms to improve and maximize streams/views and engagement.
Velocity is Viacom's branded content and marketing studio. Our main goal is to ensure our brand partners are always part of the cultural conversation. We offer full-service marketing capabilities including custom content and creative solutions across all our platforms and experiences, driving value for our partners and loyalty with our fans. Long story short, we make killer brand-driven content wherever and whenever our partners want it.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT?
Want the spirit of a start-up while working on some of the world's premier entertainment brands? Want to wear jeans on more than just Fridays? Looking for a job that will not only make room for your side-hustles, but also encourage them? If so, this job could be for you.
We value diversity of thought, and we think your hobbies and unique viewpoints are just as important as your previous work experience. We view the world not only from our offices but also via immersive experiences that inspire us, keep us at the forefront of the ever-changing cultural landscape, and, with any luck, make us better marketers.
SO, WHATS THE JOB?
The Velocity Execution Team is responsible for managing integrated marketing campaigns on all screens and engaging with a number of external and internal constituencies to deliver all aspects of a successful branded content program. The Execution Coordinator will assist with the client-facing activation of multiplatform sponsorship programs for Comedy Central, Paramount Network and TV Land. As coordinator, you will interface with external partners including clients, media agencies, and creative agencies as well as internal teams such as Ad Sales, Production, Programming, Media Planning, Multiplatform, Brand Marketing, Legal and more. Professionalism and ability to work well under pressure is required.
THE DAY TO DAY:
- Work with Managers and Directors to develop best-in-class multiplatform marketing campaigns for Viacom’s advertisers including but not limited to in-show integrations, short-form video, social-first content, experiential activations and more
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions and assist on RFP responses, conceptualizing creative ideas to align with the advertiser’s objectives
- Proactively work with internal teams to develop new sponsorship packages connected to our shows/franchises/talent and help prepare sales materials to pitch these opportunities
- Assist in execution of marketing programs after sell-in including but not limited to submitting sponsorship summaries, maintaining assets, and coordinating with various departments to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met
- Maintain team infrastructure including tracking documents, status updates, creative briefs and more
- Identify emerging platforms and new best practices to apply to the team’s day-to-day efforts
Join our incredible Viacom Ad Solutions team. We are a leading innovative advertising organization that delivers the advertising revenue across all Viacom media brands using cutting-edge research, data, partner marketing, and sales strategy approaches. We work creatively across all media platforms – TV, digital, social, experiential/ live events, emerging platforms; and all audiences – from young kids with the Nickelodeon brands, to Millennials with brands like MTV and Comedy Central; as well fans of TV Land.
As the SSE, you will aid our Account Executives energetically hunting for business as well as maintaining and growing existing business. Your core responsibilities will include client and agency interface, attending client social events, and support of the sale of digital advertising. You will be responsible for liaising with Planning and Inventory and Integrated Marketing, and have experience in creating compelling presentations.
- You will create customized presentations for clients, providing most effective information to drive budgets
- Research target accounts & create strategy to break new business and increase share
- Lead and implement marketing executions across the suite; Music or Kids & Family or Entertainment
- Oversee & educate Client Services Representatives/ Sales Assistants
- Assist Account Executives in negotiations
The Analyst, Billings and Collections is responsible for all Accounts Receivable related activities for Paramount’s theatrical business. This role works closely with exhibitors to ensure accounts are up to date. The analyst will work closely with the sales team to resolve discrepancies.
- Review sales terms and billings
- Send invoice to Exhibitors
- Daily cash application
- Review A/R balances after cash application
- Research discrepancies and open A/R balances after cash application
- Manage automated cash application voucher interface with sub ledger system (TDS)
- Validate & manage cash received in TDS to ensure e-vouchers applied timely
- Update TDS with all wires received
- Responsible for completing applying cash receipts in a timely manner
- Handle assigned exhibitor accounts
- Notify manager of delinquent accounts and are risks of defaulting on payment
- Initiate requests to take advanced required customers off advance required status
- Monthly updates to Manager on aging A/R status
- Provide Quarterly Bad Debt deliverables
- Run Holds report and follow holds review business process
- Provide back up support to Associate on box office collections and box office data entry
- Support Manager and Senior Analyst on audit requests
- Maintain Film ID in TDS
- Adhere to Close calendar
The Assistant Manager, International Digital Marketing works closely with the Manager and Executive Director in the execution of international theatrical digital marketing campaigns.
- Ensures that all worldwide features, sites and games are built to international technical specifications and that international kick offs are held. Manage projects end to end, including worldwide timelines, project scope, timelines and QA process. Poll markets for interest in programs and maintain production calendars
- Provides and tracks assets, and gives creative direction and notes to markets to align with brand guidelines and strategy
- Maintains budget spreadsheet on a daily basis to track pacing for a campaign. Assists supervisors in reconciling budgets
- Compiles a target list of vendors for a campaign, organizes the RFP process, and facilitates the pitch and selection process for the team
- Organizes spreadsheet to track global Facebook Pages, Twitter handles, Instagram accounts, and YouTube channels including conversation calendaring and performance monitoring
- Creates wrap-up reports at the end of each campaign. Supports the creation of campaign overview and presentation decks
- Provides topline analytic reports for digital assets (games/features, post release analysis, coverage reports). Provides analytical support for content launches, including updating spreadsheets that track performance of content releases and major campaign milestones.
- Participates in brainstorm sessions and helps build International Digital Marketing Campaign presentations
- Creates project scope and timeline. Manages projects end to end and prioritizes activity and deliverables based on territory needs/deadlines for in market activations
- Oversees the technical onboarding for creative agencies. Works closely with the technical team to set up FTP, developmental (Q/A) and live site and feature accounts for each title
- Works with the media team and vendors on the creative development and production for pan regional toolkit assets from briefing vendors, reviewing initial concept pitches, launching, and delivering files for all international markets.
- Creates international ticketing widgets for releases, including polling markets for use and working with the vendor to provide assets
Can’t live without refreshing your Instagram feed every 5 minutes and updating your phone whenever that notification bubble pops up? Do you love creating GIFs and memes? Are Love & Hip Hop, Black Ink Crew, RuPaul’s Drag Race and Basketball Wives a few of your favorite things? Great, we’re looking for you to join us!
VH1 is hiring a Social Media Coordinator as part of its growing focus in the social space. The role will include driving social media efforts on the shows team, including helping define VH1’s programming priorities social voice, building content calendars, leading internal deliveries and publishing day-to-day content as well as raising awareness of our shows through cross-platform social media content.
- You will write social copy that is on-brand and representative of VH1 shows, as well as the ability to create clear calls to action and convey marketing initiatives in social posts
- You will create content calendars to optimize posting across all social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- You will publish content to all social platforms using both native platform publishing as well as 3rd party tools like Sprinklr
- You will produce forward-thinking social content including short-form video, memes, infographics, gifs, etc.
- Reporting and Analysis: Own social reports on day-to-day and campaign-based metrics, as well as have an acute awareness of fan sentiment/response
- You will seek opportunities for emerging social platforms based on key insights and propose new ways to succeed in social media as a result
We are seeking a seasoned Executive Assistant to support the Executive Vice President for World Wide Home Media Sales and Distribution and the Senior Vice President for Home Media Operations.
- Manage executives’ inbox, calendars and meeting set up
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking and logging calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients
- Acting as a point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Maintain and circulate agendas for department and customer meetings
- Filing and retrieving records, documents, and reports
- Helping prepare for meetings
Accurately recording minutes from meetings
- Preparing, reports, memos, and other documents
- Researching data to prepare documents for review and presentation
- Creating visitor gate passes and greetings
- Using various software, including Salesforce and Microsoft office suite with focus on Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Making travel arrangements
- Preparing travel and entertainment expense reports
- Performing office duties that include ordering supplies and managing a records database
- Oversee Paramount’s consumer response program
- Monitor Paramount 3rd party providers
The Executive Assistant will play a central role in the Worldwide Marketing group by providing a high-level of executive support to the President and managing a fast-paced and highly-visible executive office. This role will act as an extension of the President, requiring a high-level of professionalism and attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the ability to forge strong relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Prepares and coordinates meeting logistics, such as attendees, setting cross-departmental sessions, agendas and other key factors
- Orders office/kitchen supplies and keep department supply area well stocked
- Arranges travel plans, itineraries and compiles documents for travel-related meetings
- Develops and maintains contact databases, distribution lists, mailing lists and filing systems
- Manages and tracks expense reports and receipts; reconciles corporate credit card accounts regularly
- Manages executive’s heavy calendar; ensures prompt attendance to all commitments while being able to forecast and manage any conflicts.
- Answers, screens and track a high volume of phone calls and email, taking action when appropriate and following up
- Greets scheduled visitors and directs to appropriate area or person
- Arranges drive-ons, reservations and other misc meeting details
The Editorial Director will be the first line of review for most scripted brand creative content.
- Reviewing scripts and providing copywriting direction to writer/producers. Types of scripts/copy include: on-air promos and navigation, brand and property image spots, off-channel marketing spots, YouTube shorts, social posts, educational shorts for our SVOD service.
- Insuring that any scripts or copy are entertaining, age-appropriate, on-brand, and effective in delivering a message
- Collaborating with Creative Director and writer/producers on initial creative concepts to insure maximum audience appeal and effectiveness
- Making sure scripts and copy execute effectively on overall creative strategy as established by the SVP of Brand Creative and VP of Creative Strategy/Editorial
- Maintaining the integrity of the Nick Jr. brand voice in any scripts or copy, as established by VP of Creative Strategy/Editorial
Viacom is looking for a Media Manager, Editorial Post-Production Operations who will own the day-to-day media needs of production teams across all Viacom networks. You will join a team that encourages teamwork and efficiency in delivering the right solution to a variety of internal customers, from MTV to Comedy Central.
- Pre-Production planning with various teams for media planning, specs, transfer, edit prep, and staffing needs
- Evaluation and Ingest of digital assets into the post-production ecosystem while dynamically apply relevant metadata
- Distribution of assets to internal and/or external partners and productions
- Development of groundbreaking media workflows involving Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and automated processes
- Monitor and carry out standard methodologies and policies on internal production storage
- Planning for Wrap projects and assets to prep and submit for archive
- Troubleshoot editorial session tech issues and collaborate with Operations, Scheduling, and Technology teams on resolutions
- Provide general editorial support with knowledge of supporting systems for PAM, DAM, MAM, Review and Approval
- Provide training and insight on Viacom systems and workflows as part of new client onboarding process
This Sales Service Executive (SSE) will aid our Director of Partner Solutions in aggressively hunting for business as well as maintaining and growing existing business. Core responsibilities will include support of the sale of Viacom Ad Solutions including: national advertising time, digital video, influence, AVOD, branded content, shopper, targeted audience buying and experiential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Customize presentations for clients, providing the most effective information to drive budgets
- Research target accounts & create strategy to break new business and increase share
- Manage and implement marketing executions across the suite: Music & Entertainment or Kids & Family
- Supervise & educate Client Services Representatives / Sales Assistants
- Assist Account Executives in negotiations
Create Digital, Linear and Social media plans
Assist with pricing & analyzing upfront & scatter packages
Interact with Sales Operations, Brand Sales, Integrated Marketing, Research, Planning and Finance departments
Oversee campaign execution by collaborating with AE and CSRs
Do you love country music? Do you know social trends and strategies, have strong writing skills? Are you a strong creative with the ability to create real-time social content? If so, join our incredible CMT Digital and Social Team.
We are responsible for developing and executing a robust content strategy across platforms. Rooted in Nashville, this team supports linear shows, events, and country music coverage across video, social and editorial. The creator-first group works in close collaboration with partners in the broader CMT organization, supporting initiatives across Marketing, Talent, Production, Integrated Marketing, and more.
The CMT social media manager should have experience creating and managing content across all social platforms (preferably for entertainment brands) with a background in writing/editorial, community management, engagement and growth. Experience creating social-optimized video is a significant plus.
They will work closely with internal teams in our Nashville office, developing relationships and being a partner with CMT’s talent, development, editorial, design, marketing, and Ad Sales teams as a primary responsibility.
- You will be working with the team coordinator to draft impactful, timely, engaging and consumer-facing posts related to CMT.
- You will build conf social/digital plans that ladder up to overall marketing campaign; working with marketing and brand teams to incorporate social plans into overall briefs and documentation.
- Understand the latest trends in social media, including platforms, formats and technologies to positively affect audience growth and metrics (including video views, social engagement and site traffic).
- You will create and handle holistic schedules and timelines.
- You will partner with editors and teams across CMT to optimize editorial and video content for social distribution.
- You will consistently monitor social trends, content and conversations to inform creative across platforms (some evening and weekend work as well as travel may be required for stunts, events and live-tweeting).
- You will develop working relationships with internal partners as well as external platforms.
- You will work with cross-brand social teams on content cross-promotion strategies.
- You will collaborate with external partners (Music Programming, on-air producers, Integrated Marketing, other business units, etc) to ensure that strategic objectives are understood in concept development, and met.
- Working with Research teams and third-party apps to identify and track analytics.
The MTV/VH1/CMT Research Department is looking for a Director to join the Content Insights & Strategy team. The ideal candidate is an experienced Media Research professional with a deep knowledge and real passion for media, entertainment and consumer insight. You are primarily responsible for monitoring the health of key series for the three channels, as well as keeping a finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the video content landscape.
The Director role will focus on conducting research and developing audience insights through a variety of qualitative and quantitative methodologies. Reporting into the VP, the Director will help lead the design, implementation and analysis of custom research to inform Press, Programming, Development, Marketing, and Social Media strategy for all three channels. You will primarily work on research projects across linear, social and digital platforms, as well as some more long-term strategic projects related to our audience and their connection to content.
- Conceptualize and conduct proprietary quantitative and qualitative studies including series concept/pilot testing, show maintenance, creative testing, and consumer deep-dives, resulting in strategic reports and actionable insights for key stakeholders
- Partner with the Development team to maximize linear and multi-platform performance of key franchises as well as identify potential programming ideas/white space opportunities in both the traditional TV space as well as the general digital content space
- Oversee projects with external vendors by monitoring key timelines and details, including recruitment of respondents, development of research instruments (e.g., surveys, discussion guides, research stimulus, etc.), data output, and report delivery
- Monitor, interpret and compile findings from various research sources (syndicated, social listening, primary research, etc.) on industry and consumer trends, and disseminate it to key partners in an engaging and thoughtful way
- Actively seek out and evaluate new resources, tools, and partners to ensure that we’re using the most current and effective methodologies
- Work closely with Marketing Insights and Generational Trends colleagues to ensure that research is communicating a holistic story about our audiences
- Develop a strong working relationship with colleagues across multiple teams within the organization and enthusiastically seek out projects from key internal clients
- Partner with leadership to manage workflow and priorities
- Manage and mentor the team’s Manager and Senior Manager
Comedy Central, Paramount Network, and TV Land are leading brands in the U.S. entertainment landscape and together they comprise Viacom Media Networks’“Entertainment Group”. The Entertainment Group Strategy & Business Development department ("SBD") helps lead the identification and execution of a variety of near-term and long-term priorities:
- The SBD partners with the broader Entertainment Group executive team to identify a strategic path for each brand to create competitive advantages toward sustained revenue and operating income growth.
- The SBD works in cross-functional teams with the leadership of the talent & development, marketing and creative, programming, digital studio, and research departments to achieve near-term Entertainment Group business goals.
- The SBD oversees the exploitation of the Entertainment Group’s content library to drive sustained revenue and operating income growth.
- The SBD partners with stakeholders to grow Comedy Central Now, an SVOD service.
- The SBD is the primary contact point for Entertainment Group business development and corporate development opportunities.
- The SBD works with stakeholders to identify, develop, and launch new business opportunities for each brand within the Entertainment Group.
- The SBD serves as a key contact for the centralized Viacom Media Networks departments (Distribution Business Development, Marketing & Partner Solutions, Enterprises, Consumer Products) and the Corporate Strategy & Innovation council.
The role will reside in Viacom’s Hudson Square office.
Director, Strategy & Business Development
The Director will primarily work in a project driven capacity to support the SBD. The Director will be expected to work in a self-led way to use data and analysis to develop recommendations for the SBD and for the Entertainment Group’s leadership.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Creating insightful presentations that summarize analysis and then presenting them to Entertainment Group executives to influence decision-making.
- Preparing analyses to support the exploitation of our content library across multiple platforms.
- Monitoring and forecasting Comedy Central Now subscriber acquisition and retention to support programming and marketing decisions.
- Conducting market research, tracking and compiling industry trends and competitive analysis.
You will sit within the Viacom Media and Technology Services (MTS) Global Client Services organization, and will partner with various technology teams, such as Information Security, Infrastructure, and Application Support, to assist and support the global delivery of desktop engineering initiatives. You will assist in desktop engineering work for global projects, and provide domain expertise on all matters related to the platform. This includes hardware, desktop operating systems (OSes), and standard desktop applications. Are you interested in working on projects that will impact users globally? If so, this role offers a blend of unique challenges where no two days are the same.
- Provide support, domain expertise, and mentorship on global desktop engineering projects.
- Provide 3rd level support and resolution of desktop incidents.
- Understand the desktop platform and standard operating environment (SOE) for global standards and contribute to the global strategy.
- Maintain, upgrade, recover, solve and provide general support of the platform, including SCCM, Casper, CrowdStrike, Night Watchman, and Air-Watch MDM.
- You will monitor availability and performance of desktop systems and rectify issues as required.
- Build and deploy application packages using SCCM, Casper.
- Test, validate and record software and hardware asset management & inventory technologies.
- You will plan and implement patches, hotfixes, and upgrades to Windows/Mac OS for front-end client OSes and core applications.
- You understand the global desktop end-point security function including controls/tools for anti-virus, malware, hardware, and software intrusion detection systems.
- Work with a mixture of external vendors and 3rd party managed service providers for desktop support & projects.
- Problem solve and resolve complex desktop related issues called out from first and second level support.
- Understand desktop platform monitoring, alerting technologies, and system performance monitoring and tuning for physical desktops.
- Seek opportunities to improve system performance and routine processes through scripting and automation.
- Document internal policies and procedures.
- Assess, document, and implement changes to the desktop environment as required in conjunction with risk and security teams.
- You will perform infrastructure configuration management activities, and follow change management procedures for implementing any changes to the production desktop environment.
- Alignment to all ITIL best-practices, including formal change, incident, problem, and asset management processes.
- Implement necessary Group Policy Objects and Active Directory changes to support the desktop platforms.
- Take full ownership of projects and incidents from initial reporting through to resolution.
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a courteous and professional manner.
- Experience delivering seamless technical solutions partnered with strong project management methods (both waterfall and Agile) to a globally distributed end-point.
- Contribute actively to globally led desktop engineering architecture standards and initiatives.
- Act as a third line infrastructure analyst for service request tickets following established protocols and processes.
- Create, document, own, and escalate issues and problems in accordance with ticketing standards and SLAs.
- Implement desktop infrastructure projects at local, regional and group level.
- Mentor members of the desktop support team. Provide standard IT systems advice and troubleshooting.
- Adhere to departmental policies for reporting and handling requests and change control.
- Ability to quickly grasp user patterns and reoccurring issues, and communicate to management potential solutions to improve the end user environment.
- Ability to take on issues from a creative viewpoint.
- Maintain courtesy and professionalism when working with end users while remaining focused at the task at hand.
- Work globally in a matrixed organization.
- Develop a good understanding of organization infrastructure standards and processes and support SLA's.
- Shared responsibility for supporting MS Teams and Skype for Business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong documentation skills.
- Recognized professional certification in Microsoft technologies.
- Excellent technical problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively and problem solve through enterprise outages (P1)
- Some weekends/late nights and flexibility in schedule will be required.
- Vendor engagement and working with third party suppliers/vendors for procurement and operational issues.
The Tech Support Rep will provide direct customer support to employees to resolve issues related to computer set-up, network and server connectivity, cloud collaboration, audio/visual and telecommunications as needed. You will provide on-site and remote support to Viacom’s New York offices as directed by Manager. You will work cross functionally with both technical and non-technical users to provide best in class support for employees at all levels.
- Installs a variety of software and performs upgrades.
- Repairs PCs/Peripherals following established procedures.
- Selects specifications for new -user equipment based on user needs and configures as appropriate.
- You will configure and install new hardware.
- Supports equipment/ operating systems installing, solving and supporting as needed.
- Raises incidents / service requests as appropriate.
- Documents problem and resolution.
- Follows up with the customer to ensure that problems have been addressed successfully.
- May repair and provide preventive maintenance on equipment ensuring continued and timely operation.
- Flexibility to work overtime hours and weekends as needed.
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling entertainment content - including television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, games, consumer products, podcasts, live events and social media experiences - for audiences in 183 countries. Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, VH1, TV Land, CMT, Logo, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina), Colors (India) and Paramount Channel, reach approximately 4.3 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide
As Senior Director, Risk Management, you are responsible for working on Viacom's the Company’s world-wide insurance programs. Working with the support of a team, you also operate independently to develop strong and positive internal relationships with our Finance, Legal and Operations teams. As a subject matter expert you will provide guidance, problem-solve, and respond to a broad range of program related queries and contract review needs. You will also work closely with external partners at our brokerage firms and insurance carriers. You will report to the Senior Vice President, Risk Management.
In this role, you are:
- Working in conjunction with the SVP, Risk Management on the annual insurance renewals for Viacom's Property, Casualty and Financial Lines programs
- Identifying and capturing worldwide exposure information
- Completing analysis of exposure information to identify potential gaps in coverage or limits
- Participating in renewal strategy meetings with brokers
- Preparing market presentations and participate in meetings
- Assisting with review of insurance programs during acquisition due diligence and integration of insurance policies and practices with acquired companies
- Reviewing high volume of contracts including Blanket Vendors Agreements, License Agreements, Statements of Work, Real Estate Leases and provide BALA representatives with necessary insurance language to protect Viacom’s interests
- Corresponding with and advise divisions on general and complex insurance queries and requests for Certificates of Insurance
- Assisting business divisions with claims and coverage issues
- Conducting seminars or training sessions on risk management practices, insurance programs and claim processes for various business teams in the US, UK and LatAm
- Managing the property loss control program
- Attending annual property surveys at approximately 6-8 domestic locations and 2-3 international location
- Ensuring business units have Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans in place
- Providing guidance to divisions in responding to engineer’s recommendations
- Develop ideas to enhance overall network strategy and innovate tactics to execute that strategy on multiple platforms
- Manage promotional allocation across linear, online, App, VOD and mobile devices ensuring all promotion and business commitments are executed in line with media plans and network priorities
- Translate network priorities and goals into actionable media plans across online, App, and VOD
- Work alongside Director to optimize and communicate network priority strategies
- Work closely with Brand Creative to coordinate production and delivery of promotional assets
- Work closely with Commercial Operations to ensure log delivery and troubleshoot roadblocks
- Manage scheduling operational maintenance (i.e. show format maintenance, promo tracking/reporting)
- Log scheduling duties (including coverage as needed)
- Lead a 2 person support team and department intern
The Counsel, Corporate Transactions will be an integral part of the Corporate Transactions team and will advise Viacom and its subsidiaries on (i) mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and equity investments, (ii) general commercial agreements, (iii) corporate governance and (iv) other corporate and financial matters.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating stock and asset purchase agreements, merger agreements, partnership/LLC/shareholder agreements, transition services agreements and other documentation in connection with mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and equity investments
- Working closely with the company’s business development team to coordinate and implement all aspects of mergers & acquisitions/joint venture/equity investment transactions, including preparation of preliminary proposals and letters of intent, engagement letters for external advisors, due diligence reviews, negotiation of transaction documents, and preparation for closing
- Performing legal research and advising on a broad range of business and legal affairs issues and best practices
- Coordinating closely with internal business development, tax, accounting, employee benefits, intellectual property and other specialist groups on transactional matters
- Managing outside legal advisors on transactional and related regulatory matters
The Copy Editor/Director writes, oversees and ensures timeliness, relevance and editorial excellence of content and copy for all ongoing internal communications and various internal and external materials and campaigns created by Viacom’s in-house creative studio, Viacom Catalyst. An additional primary challenge is to set and maintain the highest standards of accuracy and timeliness of all Viacom Catalyst projects and to work with other staff members to uphold those standards. Includes editing, fact checking and proofreading all copy generated by Viacom Catalyst at all stages of a project, across all media.
- Works across the team to translate business objectives into creative communications for internal and external audiences. Partners closely with staff on the most effective visual and verbal execution of projects and presents work to internal stakeholders and clients to present work
- Ensures that the team is adhering to the latest brand guides and standards and that projects reflect overall company strategic brand positioning
- Serves as central aggregator within the department of corporate information, including style guides, logos, fact checking, etc. Also monitors and aggregates latest developments in style/copy/language/usage externally in the industry, determine how these relate to Catalyst and Viacom as a whole and communicate these to the staff through meetings, documents, presentations, etc. Keeps employees and resources up to date with the latest style/language/usage and brand information and communicates these in a way that is useful to the department. Works across teams to update materials in a timely manner
- Continually examines proofing/editing/routing procedures for the copy and entire department and works with teams to ensure adherence to process
- Oversees Editorial Coordinator
- Works alongside VP Brand Strategy and Senior Copy Director to aggregate, assess and oversee freelancer proofreaders as needed, either in-house or external
The BET Unscripted Development department is seeking a Senior Manager based out of the Hollywood office to bring a steady flow of quality ideas, projects and formats to the network. Specific responsibilities include:
- Creating and developing new programming ideas specific to the BET audience
- Taking pitch meetings and help develop pitched projects in line with the network mandate
- Building and maintaining relationships in the creative community, including writers, directors, producers, talent, managers, agents etc.
- Overseeing casting initiatives and research into new worlds that are of interest to the BET audience
- Serving as the internal executive in charge of development projects including, but not limited to, paper development, sizzle production, presentation tape development and production, and pilots
- Working alongside our Series to team to help guide development projects into series production
- Staying abreast of the competitive landscape and entertainment marketplace
- Maintaining and updating contact sheets, calendars, draft agreements, budgets, creative for shows and act as liaison between
- Productions and other internal departments
- Participating in weekly meetings to give updates to other departments on upcoming shows, answering questions, and communicating
- their production needs
The Senior Director, Preschool Development & Production position manages the production and creative direction of a series from greenlight to final delivery of each episode for the life of the series. The position reports to the SVP, Preschool Content.
Responsbilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage many shows in Current Series independently and provide creative direction for each series through all facets of production:
- Rough-Final Episode Cuts
- Design (sets, characters, background, etc.)
- Creative Brainstorming (tentpoles, promotional episodes, stunts, etc.)
- Work hand-in-hand with Nickelodeon Development to successfully transition shows from pilot to series, guiding the creative vision going forward
- Participate in the on-air launch process, communicating with our creative promotions team, providing footage, and communicating all information back to creative show production
- Provide the final line of quality control for the production by reviewing episodes as they deliver
- Act as the network ambassador to the show unit by communicating priorities and ongoing network plans to show creators/executive producers
- Collaborate with key Nickelodeon colleagues by providing all necessary resources for series launch and property management for all lines of business, from creating series budget and calendar to final delivery of episodes
- Convey series creative to network departments to ensure the property’s life cycle is supported with ingenuity, well-executed initiatives, and messaging that retains the integrity of the series
- Identify the most marketable aspects in a show and ensure the network develops marketing and promotional ideas around these elements