The VidCon Writer / Producer creates, edits and produces editorial content devoted to engaging the VidCon audience year-round on the web, social networks, video platforms and podcasting services. The Writer / Producer is tasked with writing, producing, shooting and editing video, text, audio and image/graphic assets- up to 10 items daily across VidCon’s social and web channels. The ideal candidate will have a strong background creating video, text and photo-driven content across popular social networks, with a concentration on visual storytelling and journalism – vertical and horizontal video production skills and passion necessary.
- Produce content relevant to our three distinct audiences and our 3 adjacent audiences – with an early focus on the community/fan audience
- Create graphic elements that tie into our overall brand messaging
- Assist in developing a unique voice that resonates with our target audiences, but also one that dovetails with VidCon’s broader corporate goals
- Meet or exceed viewership, view and share goals as set by the Content Director and GM
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key content creators at other Viacom properties
- Nurture and grow VidCon community as it relates to posted content
- Own web and social content pages
- Use web and YouTube analytic tools to determine which topics are trending, and create content that will result in views, likes, shares and comments either short term or over a longer period of time
- Use web analytic tools to analyze and report on the results of these efforts
- Other duties as assigned, including video archiving, expenses and other admin duties
The Vice President Programming, Content and Editorial manages the VidCon events and original content teams, and will direct the organization’s conference programs, stage shows, talks, other educational, informational and inspirational sessions, and our daily content operation worldwide.
Reporting to the GM, the VP provides expertise in event program content management while managing the full life cycle event content logistics, monitoring and managing contractors/vendors. This role will manage high-level outreach to execs across the marketing, talent, media entertainment, technology and other relevant areas to recruit high level speakers. The VP will develop and leverage relationships with top talent agents and managers, build deep connections with execs in the entertainment, media and marketing area, and forge partnerships with aligned organizations.
As steward of VidCon’s editorial guidelines and independence, the VP will ensure that the organization continues to put the interests of attendees at the forefront of everything we do.
- Provide strategic content direction, theme management and conference program for the creator track, industry track and community track for all VidCon events worldwide, including determining type of sessions, expected audience composition and the organization of conference tracks, sub-tracks and partners
- Manage session brainstorms, proposal review and selection process, speaker communication, master and keynote speaker brainstorming and onsite execution
- Direct program plan including number of sessions, optimal sizes, durations, formats, and brainstorm new methods/strategies for workshops, panels, keynotes, fireside chats, stage shows and other entertainment and learning sessions
- Manage speaker needs such as speaker invitations, speaker customer service, speaker changes, proofing presentations, etc
- Lead the advisory board and working group process, including identifying and recruiting new members, managing meeting schedules, and participating in all planning calls and meetings
- In collaboration with the VP of Marketing and the design team, set the direction and manage the content creation and updates of all program information on VidCon website and in the conference guide
- Manage VidCon Content staff, vendors, temps and others for onsite execution of the conference, specifically related to the conference sessions, stage shows and other content-focused events.
- Manage team located in Los Angeles, London and Missoula, MT
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by GM