The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for supporting all phases of application development, including analysis, business process design, functional requirements, software specification and design, application development and delivery, user acceptance testing, and customer rollout and training for the Consumer Products portfolio. This person will be a central liaison between the internal IT department, 3rd party vendors, and business users operating within the team’s portfolio. The portfolio consists of royalty / licensing, financial subledger, and license/agent portals including forecasting and deal memo applications supporting the Consumer Products division. The Senior Business Analyst will conduct analysis and other activity to ensure that the solutions provided align with and fully meet the business needs. This position requires a high level of analysis, relationship management, and multi-tasking.
- Leads requirements gathering sessions, proactively drawing out requirements from stakeholders
- Performs gap analysis to identify opportunities for process improvement or management control of work flow
- Creates requirements definition documentation, including use cases, and functional specifications to capture business needs and for validation with the customer and shared with project stakeholders
- Creates workflow diagrams to document current and future business environment
- Writes test cases, plans testing cycles, and participates in all testing activities for smaller projects. For larger projects, works with internal QA team on all aspects
- Support all rollout activities that are critical for making projects successful – user acceptance testing, business training, documentation, user hand holding, etc.
- Manages a component of a project or program or manages small to medium sized projects
- May lead phases including developing project plans, managing the project schedule and budget to meet deliverables, assigning work to project staff, managing project scope and reporting, and ensuring the quality of deliverables
- Identifies and resolves problems which may impact projects by monitoring progress and project status. Escalates important issues to the attention of Management so that decisions can be made promptly
- Provides ongoing support to the business by responding to inquiries and issues regarding specific implemented systems or processes, ensuring prompt resolution with minimal impact to business operations
- Responds and communicates efficiently between the business, MTS (IT), and external vendors on projects and to facilitate resolution of user issues as and when necessary
- Effectively and proactively clarifies, sets, and manages customer expectations including delivering tough messages. Communicates equally effectively in business and technical terms
- Communicates in written, oral and presentation formats to best represent and express user and organizational requirements to audiences up to mid-level management
- Forms productive relationships with internal customers by listening, clarifying, and responding effectively
- Participates in negotiations with vendors and managing vendors in their work
- Negotiates and commits to deliverables with business partner(s) and project or program team
- Works closely with business users to ensure implementation activities are in alignment with business strategy and objectives
- Participates in ROI and other financial analyses including developing business cases / project justifications
- Assists the business in defining scope and priorities for system initiatives (new projects and ongoing maintenance)
- Assists more senior managers in the development of RFIs/RFPs
The VP, Animation Development at Nickelodeon will:
- Develop new animated content for Nickelodeon
- Liaison with animation community (agents, managers, artists, producers, writers, directors) and serve as the point person for Nickelodeon animated pitches
- Oversee animated content in conjunction with show production executives
- Track competitive animation development/programming
- Help identify potential creators, showrunners, writers and directors
- Create presentations/network pitches on animated properties to develop
- Work closely with talent relations to scout new talent for animation development
- Hold weekly meetings with Nickelodeon execs and manage flow of material and information to all support teams.
- Evaluate sample scripts and submissions
- Attend animation festivals, industry seminars, film festivals
- Stay aware of competitive animation development/programming
- Assist Nickelodeon research groups and attend all animation focus groups
The media planning coordinator role is responsible for ensuring the linear experience across Nick, Nick Jr. and Nick@Nite is fun, engaging, accurate, and compliant. This role requires an above average attention to detail as this person will be required to keep track of and schedule multiple promotional elements, ensuring that on-air/app/.com/VOD media planning strategy is successfully executed. Thinking and seeing promotional campaigns both broadly and on a granular level is a must. Reports to Senior Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule promos, interstitials, lower thirds graphics and format elements on daily broadcast logs (Nick, Nick Jr. and Nick@Nite), ensuring that predetermined media planning and scheduling strategies are executed properly
- Schedule and track promos on app/.com/DAI-enabled VOD platforms, ensuring that targeting and flighting is accurate and effective.
- Execute program schedule changes as necessary (including nights and weekends) and check broadcast logs for accuracy and compliance with commercial operations and standards and practices.
- Coordinate the cross channel plans and schedules across Nick+ including creating and disseminating plans for simulcasts.
- Work with marketing group to ensure sponsorships are fulfilled across Nick, Nick Jr, and Nick@ Nite.
- Work with creative teams and ops to ensure all deliverables are correct (language, imagery, messaging, length, etc).
- Share responsibility for creating and updating formats in scheduling system.
- Compile analysis of promo campaigns by tracking target placement vs. actual placements for shows and specials.
- Research network competition on a regular basis.
- Assist the Media Planning Team in all areas as needed
ABOUT NICKELODEON SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING & DIGITAL VIDEO STRATEGY:
This group oversees social media and YouTube marketing for all of Nickelodeon’s tune-in, brand and franchise (SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) as well as develop strategy and distribution opportunities for original short-form content.
ABOUT SHORT-FORM ORIGINAL CONTENT TEAM:
Targeted to a digital native audience, the Short-Form Original Content team works in conjunction with Viacom Digital Studios to create in-house and third party original short-form content for that is infused with Nickelodeons signature voice.
- Create decks and sizzle reels for internal and external presentations
- Edit clips, short-form video, and screeners
- Provide production support for ongoing short-form projects
- Manage short- form video idea and pitch logs
- Help arrange meetings and conference calls with other departments
- Book travel arrangements and handle expense reports for SVPs
- Track overall budget and maintain log of briefed work
- Coordinate other departmental projects and tasks as needed
Viacom's Digital Studios is seeking a Producer/Editor to create video content for Nickelodeon’s social platforms (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter). All candidates must have excellent video editing and writing skills along with a keen understanding of current social media platforms and trends. The Producer/Editor should be proactive, solution oriented, and comfortable in a fast paced work environment.
- Produce and edit video gathered from live shoots along with existing material from the Nickelodeon's library
- Gather and address feedback from executive team members
- Work with strategy team to optimize content for particular platforms
- Work closely with production management to stay within the budgetary goals of each project
- Work closely with members of the design team to establish a graphic look for each project
- Monitor popular social media trends, accounts, and personalities and pitch relevant ideas
- Write and develop compelling scripts and copy for digital video
Seeking a production assist to support Nickelodeon’s Short-Form Original Content team. Candidates must have experience in video production and a working knowledge of all popular social media platforms (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter).
- Gather and organize edit material for producer/editors.
- Assist during live shoots.
- Edit shoot and library material.
- Manage and revise edit production calendars.
- Complete music cues.
- Manage and organize location and talent releases for shoots.
- Monitor popular social media trends, accounts, and personalities and pitch relevant ideas
- Carry out other department administrative tasks as needed.
Viacom is seeking a talented Cloud Architect to help build its Cloud and Compute Architecture team. This role will partner with infrastructure, development, and architecture teams globally to help transform Viacom into a cloud-first enterprise. Come help us weave together public and private cloud into a flexible and efficient compute platform for one of the world’s foremost media companies.
The successful candidate will be an avid learner, problem solver, documenter, and teacher. We are looking for a seasoned individual who wants to know what the API’s look like when presented with a new product. The candidate should also be well versed in public cloud, configuration management, systems automation, and general scripting. They will be a resident Subject Matter Expert with the eagerness and experience to drive any cloud-related project.
- Advise on the migration of all Viacom infrastructure to Cloud-based deployment models
- Do strategic testing of enterprise and media compute systems in Public Cloud
- Test and integrate Azure and additional Public Cloud platforms
- Build roadmap for automated management of Windows compute environments
- Guide the technical development and training of Viacom’s infrastructure teams
- Act as SME in the design of container-based build and deploy models for Viacom
- Drive testing of Private cloud for on-premises infrastructure deployments
- Be a voice for strong design principals and sound cloud planning within Viacom and in the industry.
- Work with Viacom Information Security in evaluating and designing security solutions for cloud deployments.
- Develop and present technical strategy with Viacom technical leadership.
- Advise infrastructure groups across Viacom in developing optimized cloud deployment models and in strategic use of on-premises systems.
- Partner with Viacom Project Management to plan global cloud migrations.
- Develop sound operational practices for cloud infrastructure with partner teams.
- Build cost comparison models and provide pricing support for services and applications across public and private cloud deployments.
- Lead partner organizations, as Cloud SME, evaluating technical design of vendor-provided SAAS solutions.
- Evaluate and plan adoption of advanced cloud technologies like PAAS.
- Work with client-facing systems teams to allow controlled and intelligent self-provisioning of cloud environments
- Acts as technical project manager by preparing project plans, interacting with other departments and guiding MTS resources as required
Nickelodeon, a worldwide leader in the kids entertainment space, is seeking a Business Analyst to join the Consumer Products (CP) Team to assist in the support and success of operations at Nick. Are you eager to help build an environment that makes the world a more playful place? Nickelodeon is looking for you!
You will handle day to day systems operational support for CP business teams. The individual will provide ongoing support by responding to a variety of inquiries and issues regarding the systems or processes, ensuring efficient resolution with minimal impact to business operations.
- You analyze and resolve ongoing issues related to deal entry, forecasting, royalty tracking, invoicing and unapplied cash. Operational activities include (but are not limited to), financial reconciliation to the General Ledger, SOX compliance, invoice generation and payment tracking, data integrity and cleanup management, and problem resolution related to systems and processes.
- Actively participate in evaluating ongoing business needs/requirements, building use cases, testing and implementing technology solutions to support the business
- Standout colleague who partners with internal team members & works well on multi-functional teams.
- The ability to analyze and resolve systems and process issues in short turnaround and in a collaborative manner with cross-divisional peers
To learn more about what life is like at Nickelodeon and what we’re up to, please visit us at digital.nick.com.
Nickelodeon Games, a leader in premium and web-based mobile games for kids, is seeking a Monetization Director, to join its games business. Creating for Nickelodeon is fundamentally about innovation. Your inspiration, creativity and willingness to take risks will ultimately result in your best work - and that’s what we want! Using your vast gaming experience, we’re asking you to experiment, to make a mess, to have fun, to always make it feel fresh and to find the kid inside you.
The Monetization Designer will oversee strategy, research, planning, execution, and analysis related to monetization within the Nickelodeon games group. You will help provide insights into monetization feature development, and will champion the development of kid’s friendly monetization strategies. If you are excited about the challenge of games monetization and have an analytical mind, then we want you on the team.
How You Win In This Role
- You successfully take on the challenge of developing successful kid’s friendly monetization strategies for Nickelodeon game audience.
- You continually research new monetization features and initiatives that will have a substantial impact on revenue generation.
- You have shown success at developing and maintaining the monetization strategies and feature pipelines across multiple products.
- You have the ability to lead a cross-functional team including production, design, and marketing to execute on monetization initiatives.
- You understand key performance metrics and how to clearly communicate success factors to business partners.
More About Nickelodeon
At Nickelodeon, our mission is to make the world a more playful place! We are creative and passionate individuals who together, as a team, work to accomplish profound, award-winning work for the best customers in the world...kids. We fully believe that Nickelodeon is entertainment through a real kid’s point of view, and we strive to understand and create experiences in their world.
We are creators, artists, producers, engineers, marketers, product managers, user researchers, project managers, and data analysts who care deeply about our business and being authentic to kids. We use partnerships with the best technology companies in the world with direct access to cutting edge product development.
We’re having fun in New York and Los Angeles and are honored when passionate leaders join our family. Here are some of the things we’re working on:
- A pipeline of hundreds of games including VR, AR and voice-based titles
- AI and Chatbot applications
- Apple Watch Apps (original launch partner)
- Apple TV Apps and Games
- Roku, Xbox One, AndroidTV, FireTV and connected TV Apps
- Award winning NOGGIN and Nick Jr Apps
- The Emmy Award™ winning Nick App
- The groundbreaking nick.com and nickjr.com responsive web experiences
What we most enjoy:
- Summer Fridays. Yup!
- Hackathons and design studios
- On-location mobile and new technologies device lab, usability lab, digital printing lab, yoga studio
- Gaming tournaments and lip-sync battles
To learn more about what life is like at Nickelodeon and what we’re up to, please visit us at digital.nick.com.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will produce and support social and digital media advertising campaigns for Comedy Central. This is a junior-level position created for an individual looking to grow his or her career in television marketing and an opportunity to contribute to the execution of paid advertising campaigns on key social/digital platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and more for all CC series including, The Daily Show w/Trevor Noah, South Park, Broad City and more!
The candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and have some experience in digital marketing and advertising; specifically in social media. Candidates must be very detail oriented and possess excellent communication, organizational, and creative problem-solving skills.
Please note that this role exclusively handles paid advertising on social platforms — This position is not related to community management or creation of content for organic posting on social feeds.
- Assist with the execution Comedy Central’s media buys on key platforms (Google, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Monthly reporting and analysis of social campaigns across all platforms
- Managing the submission and delivery of creative requests for social ads, emails, and display units
- Maintain financial records on media spends
- Provide administrative support for the Brand Marketing team and assist in program launches and management if/when necessary
This position will be responsible for both the management of and hands on technical leadership of the team providing virtual infrastructure related services for enterprise applications for on-premise, hybrid, and converged systems.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Initial responsibilities emphasize virtualization technologies such as vmware, kvm, and Amazon AWS.
- Management of Cisco UCS environment that VMWare is running on
- Introduce new technologies or enhance existing technology to transform existing capabilities and services
- Work with Senior Engineers to design, engineer, and implement virtualization solutions
- Document engineering solutions and SOPs such that services are delivered in an effective and efficient manner
- Provide expertise to the team in the areas of virtualization as needed
- Provide L3 engineering and problem resolution support for critical issues
- Design, architecture and deployment of technology infrastructure to deliver systems and services with high availability and reliability
- Ensuring that policies, procedures and standards are being followed
- Coordinates work with other IT team members to deliver systems and services
- Participates actively in the planning of IT Infrastructure strategy to meet the business goals of the company
- Contributes to technical projects of Sr. Engineers and management
- Confers with and advises peers and IT Infrastructure management on technical problems, priorities, and methods
- Deploys and installs technological enhancements and infrastructure systems under the direction of Sr. Engineers and management
- Actively involved in the development of virtualization roadmap and strategy
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Acts as escalation from L2 to analyze and resolve problems associated with virtualization and all related infrastructure
- Assigns work to Virtualization L2 and L3 teams leveraging Viacom standard processes for project tracking. Monitors work quality and efficiency of the team.
- Act as product owner for the Virtualization agile team, creating a backlog of user stories that will drive the roadmap for Virtualization forward within Viacom
Manager, MTV, VH1 & Logo Communications
MTV, VH1 and Logo Communications is looking for an energetic, smart and passionate PR pro to join its team as a Manager in its Hollywood office. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing creative publicity campaigns for MTV, VH1 and Logo programming, including original scripted and unscripted series and signature events. The Manager of Communications will work closely with network executives, talent and producing partners and report to the Vice President of the West Coast.
- Develop and execute strategic publicity campaigns that incorporate both new and traditional tactics for media outreach
- Prepare press materials including releases, media alerts, network statements, show synopsis, talent biographies, pitch letters, tip sheets and itineraries
- Plan and execute press events and appearances, including set visits, screenings, junkets and more
- Develop and maintain strong media contacts with key journalists across all media
- Develop strong relationships with key external partners, including producers, showrunners and talent representatives
- Facilitate communications and forge relationships through internal MTV, VH1 and Logo teams including Development, Programming Strategy, Marketing and more.
Sr. Attorney position in the VMN Music & Entertainment Group’s East Coast Business and Legal Affairs department to provide day-to-day business and legal services for Comedy Central branded programming, with a focus on original development and production This person will handle a heavy volume of development and production matters relating to both network and studio businesses and the production of original programming both “in-house” and through third party production companies. The Group’s business and legal affairs department handles development and production work for both scripted and comedy-variety programming and works closely with the networks’ Development and Production Management teams as well as many other departments (including Programming, Talent, Publicity, Music & Media Licensing, Labor & Employment, Risk Management, Pre-Broadcast Content Review, Intellectual Property & Litigation, Connected Content and Accounting/Finance).
- Provide administrative support to two VP’s in talent & development, including phone coverage, organizing meetings, maintaining schedules and records, making travel arrangements, and calendar management.
- Tracking material, reading scripts and providing feedback on all submissions
- Assist in development process for specific projects assigned to the executive
- Maintain and distribute (as needed) all submissions and new drafts/cuts of current development projects and give constructive feedback on submissions, new drafts, and cuts to ensure executive is responding on projects in a timely manner, as well as being knowledgeable of all development and on-air projects
- Strong administrative phone skills – answering phones and taking detailed messages, setting up conference calls, maintaining the phone sheet, rolling calls and keeping a professional and polite demeanor while utilizing discretion at all times
- Self-starter, team player, and efficient problem solver with the ability to anticipate the needs of the executive and team at large in a fast paced work environment
The manager will assist with preparation and review of U.S. income tax compliance for all non-U.S. legal entities. The manager will monitor and maintain non-US legal entity structure and organizational chart, aware of statutory and financial reporting information flows, and must be proficient with foreign tax credits, Subpart F, IRC §956, earnings & profits (“E&P”) and related income tax pools, as well as previously taxed income (“PTI”) in order to meet the U.S. compliance of Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 1118, 6166 and others. Familiarity with processes for tracking the income tax attributes of non-U.S. operations is helpful. Will oversee non-U.S. income tax compliance outsourcing engagement and be responsible for monitoring to ensure timely and accurate international.
- Provide financial and production support to the following areas: Long Form Production
- Event Production
- Talent & Nick Experience
- Process & track payments of freelancer and producers
- Process transactional reconciliation for various productions
- Process & track payments and purchase orders
- Assist teams to setup freelancer employees with payroll
- Collect and process payroll setup forms
- Review and correct weekly payroll edit o Work with production teams and/or Cast & Crew to resolve payroll issues
- Collect and process payroll timecards (union and non-union)
- Support Production Management in coordinating finance issues o Including researching payments using SAP financial database
- Work with Viacom Business Services to resolve purchase order and vendor issues and/or setups
- Process Purchase Card coding and reconciliation
- Assist with delivery of timely and accurate production cost reports to senior management
- Create and maintain accurate financial records for historical purposes
- Distribute finance and production management materials as needed
- Work with management on various production finance related assignments
- Back fill with short form payroll when necessary
- Ensure all Viacom production/corporate policies are adhered to
Viacom is seeking a Coordinator of Social and Native Buying to join the Media Activation team in the Audience Science division. Audience Science works as an internal agency supporting our all of brands. The Coordinator will have a high impact in driving viewership across all our TV Networks, including to premieres and live tentpole events.
This role is responsible for day to day management and optimization of media buying across Social and Native for all Audience Science client campaigns. The Audience Science team’s internal client portfolio is inclusive of BET, CMT, Comedy Central, Logo, MTV, Nickelodeon, VH1, TV Land and more. The role requires superb social media buying skills including campaign set-up and real-time optimizations.
- Oversee an intense level of day-to-day Social and Native media buying and optimizations for Audience Science client campaigns, including buying on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, and LinkedIn as well as a variety of Native platforms.
- Partner closely with Audience Science Brand Services on all campaigns, ensuring full alignment on media allocations, flighting, deliverables, and client needs.
- Work closely with each platform vendor on a day-to-day basis to ensure buying techniques are in sync with evolving platform capabilities. Includes hosting regular in-office vendor hours.
- Vet, test, on-board, and become a buying expert in any new social and native platforms.
- Institutionalize media buying best practices for bidding, budget management, flighting, frequency, viewability, etc.
- Educate other Audience Science team verticals and Clients on buying capabilities, best practices, etc. to ensure best-in-class strategic planning and execution.
- Provide platform overviews, creative specs, etc. to Audience Science’s Tech & Ad Ops and Account Services team verticals across all buying platforms so that these teams can best manage creation and deliverability of all assets.
- Provide daily campaign reporting and analysis as needed. Serve as a strong contributor to deeper campaign analyses working closely with dedicated analysts.
- Learn additional platforms outside of Social & Native (Mobile, Display etc.) to assist team members as necessary.
This VP level position supervises the development of long form series on the West Coast and provides leadership and supervision to the entire West Coast Preschool team.
- Oversees all the outreach effort on the West coast to continually bring in new writers, designers, directors, producers and creators.
- Takes all Pitches on the West Coast
- Partners with our Outreach Department to oversee Writing Fellow
- Develop outreach efforts to target multicultural talent.
- Attend Markets, Festivals, Networking Events, Industry events
- Creates studio events that engage & encourage studio existing talent to work with Nick Preschool
Development of Content
- Oversee the contractual process for new deals in development
- Oversee the yearly development budget
- Strategize development goals which align with network goals
- Executing those goals thru the RFP (Request for Proposals) Process
- Creatively overseeing all phases of development including but not limited to developing the show concept, creating the bible and pilot script, overseeing the design process, production of the pilot, music and all other phases through greenlight process.
- Build the creative team of EPs, Writers, Artists and designers to transition development project to current series.
- Identifies new animation studios to partner with.
- Stays on top of current trends, researches ways to find talent, be knowledgeable in the competition.
- Develop content with curriculum, work with advisors and experienced writers to create a pipeline of content that is rich in many curricular areas.
- Develop content with play patterns embedded to build a robust pipeline of CP oriented properties.
- Oversee the West Coast Staff
- Present preschool content to internal and external partners on the West Coast (this will include some Current Series)
- If times allow, be the EIC on a show in Current Series
- Lead, mentor, train and partner with existing staff and freelance producer on West Coast
- Collaborate with East Coast Development executive to strategize on development goals, partner on RFPs process and work together collaboratively to develop a rich pipeline of preschool IP.
The Strategic Insights & Research group for Paramount Network/TV Land/CMT is looking for a self-motivated and dynamic Research Analyst to join the Consumer Insights team. The role requires providing analytic support and key input into qualitative and quantitative initiatives designed to deliver insight into our consumers, shows and brands, as well as informing marketing efforts across all platforms.
- Utilize owned & syndicated audience data (linear, digital and social) to create thoughtful insights into our audience, their relationship to our shows and brands as well as the competitive landscape and general media consumption behavior.
- Assist team with the evaluation of original content: pilots, series premieres/finales, series maintenance, promos, etc.
- Create and deliver recurring reports including show awareness and intent-to-view tracking, talent research, and show/network audience profiles.
- Manage focus group logistics including securing materials necessary for testing as well as maintaining testing benchmark documents.
- Support research needs of Development, Marketing and Creative teams with ad hoc requests and special projects, including profiling audiences, targets and potential brand partnerships.
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form video, apps, games, consumer products, social media and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 165 countries and territories. Viacom's media networks, including MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, Comedy Central, TV Land, SPIKE, Channel 5 (UK), Tr3s, Paramount Channel and VIVA, reach a cumulative 3.2 billion television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures, America's oldest film studio, is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.
The Research Analytics team is responsible for all BI research reporting outputs across Viacom’s International linear and non-linear platforms (TV channels, website/apps and social media). The role of the Analytics teams is to provide stakeholders with regular analytics, data-led insights and business expertise. Using reporting tools, we manage and publish numerous weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on performance and forecasting across all major metrics that inform and guide the business. Stakeholders (brand groups, regional clusters, business lines and HQ) look to the team for analytical insights and expertise relating to performance and trends across VIMN’s properties and the markets in which we operate.
In addition, the Analytics branch brings together dedicated BI operations, expertise, and support. Influencing all levels of the data flow from source through to report production, the group ensure business reporting is reliable, impartial, consistent and timely. The team is also involved in projects to build bespoke tools and dashboards to democratize research data across the business for self-service.
- Responsibility for managing research analytics and reporting for senior channel stakeholders across linear and non-linear properties
- Providing analysis and insights to help brands understand performance and make better informed decisions
- Proactively lead/input and assist on BI initiatives such as system developments, new reporting, enhancements and automation
- Management and production of reporting and interactive dashboards and ownership of any offline reporting requirements
- Manage and understand requirements across stakeholder groups (e.g. – brands, clusters) and be able to support business objectives for all LOBs in these groups
- Provide ownership for BI research reporting outputs, across all VIMN platforms, to stakeholders across the business and are acknowledged subject matter experts regarding research
- Own communication with local teams regarding BI analytics or report development projects
- Defining workflow in internal and external systems to ensure correct data is captured and reported
- Work with the Reporting Operations group to develop, enhance and automate reporting solutions; In addition, script and, where possible, automate standard processes
- Point of contact for local and HQ teams across the business regarding specialist data questions
- Provide ad-hoc analytical insights and coordinate best-practice share for key business stakeholders
This position is a rare opportunity to become a member of the Viacom Law Department, one of the “Best Legal Departments” as recognized by Corporate Counsel Magazine in 2016. In this Counsel position, you're primarily responsible for managing transactional work generated by the Employment Law Group, including drafting and negotiation of independent contractor agreements and commercial vendor agreements generated by Human Resource function (e.g., third-party service providers retained by HR such as executive coaches, organizational development vendors, and various other outside benefit/service providers, etc.).
These responsibilities will include managing heavy contract flow, liaising with HR on vendor management isues, updating forms, and overall contract management duties and related recordkeeping. Also responsible for drafting employment agreements, separation agreements, and other related agreements for staff employee population. Secondary responsibilities will include advising on employee issues attached to mergers & acquisitions, employee privacy issues both domestically and internationally, and employee benefits issues.
Responsible for all aspects of supporting one (1) Vice President and one (1) Senior Counsel in Business and Legal Affairs, and possibly a third person.
This is a Legal Assistant position in the Viacom Media Networks’ Business and Legal Affairs New York office providing day-to-day business and legal affairs services for one (1) Vice President and one (1) Senior Counsel (and possibly a third person) in Business & Legal Affairs covering MTV, VH1 and Logo with a focus on development and production for scripted and unscripted (reality) programming, music programming and tent-pole events. This person will support the Supervisors’ heavy volume of production and talent-related matters for both in-house and third party productions. The department works closely with the networks’ Production Management, Programming, Talent, Publicity, Music & Media Licensing, Labor & Employment, Risk Management, Production Content Review, Production Risk Team, Intellectual Property & Litigation, Marketing and Ad Sales departments.
- Responsible for drafting standard letters, amendments and contracts at the request of and on behalf of the Supervisors
- Input, revise, proofread and redline documents (including contracts).
- Maintain status reports for show specific productions and project updates for Supervisors on overall department charts.
- Coordinate distribution of documents, maintain files (database and shipping files to Iron Mountain) and mailing/faxing correspondence and other administrative tasks at the request of Supervisors.
- Uphold a highly organized, efficient and logical filing system of all documents for working purposes and for archival use.
- Schedule and book conference rooms for meetings (coordinate with IT for video conferences), keep and maintain departmental lists, and contacts.
- Organize documents for legal kick-off meetings and manage distribution of production agreements to third party production companies.
- Screen incoming calls with a very positive attitude, high degree of professionalism and promptly relay phone calls to Supervisors.
- Place calls for Supervisors, arrange and place multi-party conference calls.
- Prepare travel and expenditure reports for Supervisors, effectively prioritize the Supervisors’ daily schedules by coordinating appointments, schedule meetings among parties with demanding calendars, and maintain office supplies by placing orders as needed.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
Collection Analyst is responsible for maintaining a large volume of Linear portfolio, which includes managing, identifying & resolving discrepancies, along with maintaining an acceptable payment pattern and relationship with clients. The Collector will be challenged to use multiple collection methods / techniques in order to maximize cash flow and minimize bad debt risk. The Collector is a key player in the organization and impacts VIACOM’s bottom line.
Collection Analyst is responsible for maintaining a large volume of Ad Sales portfolio, which includes managing, identifying & resolving discrepancies, along with maintaining an acceptable payment pattern and relationship with clients. The Collector will be challenged to use multiple collection methods / techniques in order to maximize cash flow and minimize bad debt risk. The Collector is a key player in the organization and impacts VIACOM’s bottom line.
Viacom is seeking a Director of Consumer Insights Strategy & Activation. This position is part of the Global Consumer Insights (GCI) group which has overall responsibility for Viacom’s global consumer understanding through research and insights initiatives across all platforms, brands and technologies in the portfolio, working with internal partners across the organization.
Reporting into the SVP, the Director has overall responsibility for Strategic Planning, Knowledge Sharing and Insights Activation, supporting the Global Consumer Insights team and the wider Viacom Consumer Insights group. The position has two main elements: Work with the SVP to ensure the holistic strategy and planning of Global Consumer Insights efforts (annual plan, ongoing documents, etc), as well as lead insights sharing, communication and activation initiatives for completed projects, insights and overall knowledge/best practice throughout the organization in support of the Insights Generation leads.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In charge of the overall communication and insights activation approach and plan between the GCI and other internal insights teams as well as the wider organization. This will include: annual Viacom Insights Stats, bi-annual “Our Audience” snapshot, monthly meetings, messaging calendar, insights blog, newsletter, and social media activity, including management of associated applications and tools
- Evolve the approach and applicable tools in line with commercial needs, industry and technological developments
- Responsible for the GCI project process with specific focus on the activation and roll-out. This will include: project description, motivation, preview, first look, workshop session, internal launch, and success metrics elements to ensure insights and projects can be leveraged and activated against throughout the organization as best possible
- Own and further develop the flagship insights activation scheme “Insights Live” on behalf of all Viacom CI teams, procuring buy-in, presentation sessions and presenters, managing the calendar and working with Employee Relations, facilities, IT and Special Events teams to schedule, host, stream and record regular sessions (up to two per month)
- Facilitate and elevate the annual CI strategy and project planning process from ‘Knowledge Gap Conversations’ and aggregation of findings through to the annual plan output
- Transfer the annual plan into the detailed GCI strategy planners (pacing and project overview documents), and manage these documents, obtaining updates from the Insights Generation leads in a timely manner and keeping documents current
- Support the SVP in evaluating, reinventing and managing the process around the broader Viacom CI Research Roadmap as well as the actual Roadmap documents
- Own, maintain and update the two GCI strategy presentation decks: GCI Project Menu and GCI Vision deck
- Work with the SVP and the Learning & Development team to create a Viacom Insights Academy training program focused on formal methodological and presentation training, best practice sharing, rules of the road socialization, and eventually ideally certification
- Support the rollout, implementation and maintenance of the CI project sharing tool
- Build, elevate and manage internal partner relationships and work closely with GCI, US domestic and international teams to leverage developments, systems and processes where possible and achieve the above
- Inspire brand and cluster teams to work collaboratively and share resources when and where appropriate, advocate and foster usage of all generated insights throughout the organization, keep track of benefits and analyze return on insights
Viacom seeks a full-time assistant to support the Senior Vice President, Communications for MTV, VH1 and Logo. The role will be responsible for maintaining schedules and phones, preparing travel arrangements, filing expense reports and additional administrative tasks for head of the department in a fun, fast-paced office environment. The position will help with the communications team’s social media accounts including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and press websites. He/she will also assist in the development and implementation of communications campaigns for MTV, VH1 and Logo original programming.
- Support the SVP, Communications – handle heavy call volumes, manage schedules, maintain contacts, book all travel and modify/format documents including letters, presentations (PowerPoint) and spreadsheets (Excel)
- Monitor and compile press clippings and reports
- Assist in preparing all necessary presentations, meeting agendas, research and itineraries
- Update and maintain media lists and press contact information
- Ensure vendor invoices and department finances are paid in a timely matter and work with finance team to maintain overall budgets
- Help comprise and distribute press releases, programming notes and media alerts
- Manage subscriptions, order department office supplies and other responsibilities as they arise
- Maintain the press websites including content, layout and copy
- Assist with department’s social media accounts including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Help as needed at events such as press junkets and press screenings
Comedy Central provides 24-Hour Access to comedy across multiple platforms and is the #1 Brand in Comedy among millennials. Available on-air, online and on-the-go, Comedy Central provides its audience access to the cutting-edge, laugh-out-loud world of comedy wherever and whenever they want it.
We feature award-winning late night, sketch, scripted, and animated series, along with stand-up specials and series, including The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Broad City, Tosh.0, Workaholics, Nathan For You, Another Period, Idiotsitter, Emmy® Award-winning series South Park, Inside Amy Schumer, Drunk History, and @midnight with Chris Hardwick. Overall Target: Adults ages 18-49, 18-34.
Production Manager, Art & Design is involved throughout all phases of the producing process from development to completion of a project. The Manger initiates all design production matters such as planning, scheduling, and managing the set budget for all Comedy Central design projects. They require an intimate knowledge of physical design production, as they will need to trouble shoot and offer solutions to logistic issues. The Manager is responsible for ensuring productions are on schedule, moving forward and on budget at all times. They are the ambassador for our CC design team, ensuring the best possible production process through final delivery. He/she will be asked to improve communication and collaboration between our internal design teams and outside departments. The Manager will work closely with the other Project Managers, Editor, Designers and Creative Supervisors to make sure all design elements are being produced according to production calendars. The Manager must oversee multiple projects simultaneously; have strong communication and organizational skills and great ability to cope with change in a fast pace and high stress environment.
- Support the department as a liaison between designers and in and out of house Creative Teams
- Interface with various internal departments including Business & Legal Affairsl, MML, Post
- Production, Operations, Talent, Digital, Press, Special Events, Programming and Finance to assist with production related needs and logistics
- Lead production meetings to make sure all parties have a full understanding of the project and deliverables
- Assist in the creation of production budgets and schedules
- Ensure clear communication between design groups and outside department by facilitating distribution of critical production documents including schedules
- Oversee tracking of Source material and deliverables during production
- Supervise the calendar of in‐house freelancer designers
- Liaising with outside production companies as needed on projects and co‐productions
- Providing daily supervision for Project Coordinator
- Continually monitoring all projects in progress with regard to time lines, budgets, update meetings, etc.
- Maintaining constant awareness of industry trends and keeping up to date on all new technology
Work closely with colleagues to jointly meet company‐wide goals
The Deal Finance team provides financial and analytical support to the Content Distribution group arising from the distribution of Viacom portfolio of networks. This team works closely with all members of the deal team and is an important resource for the group. We are seeking candidates at the Manager and Director levels to develop analysis and provide insights to support renewal and new business efforts.
These are highly visible roles within our organization and ideal for someone who enjoys financial modeling.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing deep knowledge of key affiliate agreements, particularly pricing and packaging
- Developing financial models to analyze economics of distribution deals. Evaluates proposals, prepares financial scenarios and develops a point of view
- Conducting company and industry research
- Ensuring compliance with Most Favored Nations clauses and documents for audit purposes
- Preparing presentations for senior management
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects
- Provide strategic legal and labor advice to the business affairs, production, digital and creative departments of various channels regarding all manner of union and guild compliance issues.
- Negotiate and implement all collective bargaining agreements and one-off side letters for various production entities, including: DGA, SAG-AFTRA, WGA, IATSE, Teamsters and all other crew agreements in US and overseas. (Note that Viacom Media Networks is not a member of the AMPTP.)
- Provide day-to-day counsel on labor contract interpretation and risk (including, work rules, rates, residuals and other compensation), and communicate that information in a timely, diligent, and comprehensible manner to business affairs, production, and creative executives.
- Negotiate waivers as needed from agreements.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with department colleagues, labor organizations, outside labor counsel, Paramount labor department, and labor executives at other similarly-situated companies.
- Oversee the submission of all guild related paperwork (including DGA deal memos, SAG-AFTRA info sheets, and Me Too Letters).
- Will supervise one one-attorney position; potential to supervise one or more additional attorney and/or non-attorney positions
Job Title: Manager, Business & Legal Affairs (Los Angeles, CA)
Department: Labor & Employment, Production Risk Team
The Production Risk Team advises Business & Legal Affairs, Production Executives, Creative Executives, and Press Executives on a number of areas of expertise, including but not limited to: background checks, psychological and medical evaluations, child labor, immigration, foreign travel, safety, and security. We are looking for leaders who are creative problem solvers with a passion for advising executives in legal and publicity issues. This is a demanding, strategic, and rewarding role, requiring proven top-notch inductive and deductive reasoning skills. Role includes setting protocols for individual productions, analyzing large amounts of information and presenting it to executives in a clear and concise manner, and remaining unflustered in juggling dozens of projects at once. This person is expected to contribute to the organizational effectiveness of the team. The most effective people in this role have been individuals who have worked in legal environments, but who are looking beyond traditional transactional law or litigation. Position reports to Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze background checks, psychological and medical evaluations, and other information to identify potential legal and media risks with respect to potential show participants. Review and analyze background checks for crew members for same.
- Advise Business & Legal Affairs Executives and Production Executives on child labor laws in all 50 states and internationally including but not limited to permitting, hours restrictions, trust accounts, education, and parental supervision requirements. Subsequently fill out child labor applications and follow up on the issuing of child labor permits and compliance with additional requirements.
- Advise on minors’ contract affirmations.
- Review visas and supporting documentation of non-citizens for any necessary work authorizations.
- Work with immigration counsel to determine legal justifications for appropriate entry documents and to gather information for visa applications when necessary.
- Redline casting notices and casting applications for compliance with labor and employment laws and company protocols.
- Liaise with Safety and Security departments regarding show protocols.
- Research and advise production crews regarding foreign travel visas, work authorizations, filming permits, carnets (for traveling with equipment) and foreign corrupt practices act information for productions traveling outside of the U.S.
- Research impromptu risk issues on productions and advise on mitigation of such risks.
- Be able to own team projects which enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the team.
The Director reports to the Vice President of BETN Audience Analytics. The ideal candidate is a team leader possessing forward-thinking analytical skills with a background analyzing on-air, digital and convergent research quantitatively and qualitatively. This position will be responsible for managing
Strategic initiatives including supporting the development and implementation of strategic scenarios and regular reporting for Senior Ad Sales Management. This position will require interaction with both internal and external clients including Sales, Programming, Marketing, Research and Distribution.
- Identify process improvement and profit opportunities through rigorous analysis of very large data pools
- Partner with the Strategy team to support performance analysis and business model development
- Identify Market opportunities by working with Sales and Strategic management team to set and monetize specific programming goals
- Develop innovative and insightful initiatives that competitively position and distinguish BETN on-air and digital brands in the marketplace
- Work with Research Management to establish best standards and practices for multiplatform research analysis and reporting
- Stay informed of industry news, emerging resources, measures and be the go-to source/resource for Senior Ad Sales Management
- Establish strong rapport and solid relationship/partnership with Senior Ad Sales Management and Research cohorts is critical.
- Participate in meetings, offering insights and share best practices as well as individual day-to-day happenings
- Work independently and proactively on problem solving and creating projects to move business forward beyond day-to-day requests
- Strive to make meaningful contributions both oral and written
- Embed onself in the understandng of the BET culture and offerings to better service and support the goals/needs.
At Nickelodeon, our mission is to make the world a more playful place. We are a group of creative and passionate individuals who together, as a team, create unforgettable experiences for kids and families. In addition to our existing resort in Punta Cana, we are developing new Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts in California; Riviera Maya, Mexico and other parts of the world.
Do your friends wish you could design the world? Do you make everything you touch more beautiful and more fun? Then Nickelodeon wants to meet you! We’re looking for an Art Director to oversee design for Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts / Events and Experiences. Working directly with Nickelodeon staff, licensing partners, and design firms, you will create unforgettable experiences that deliver on Nickelodeon’s mission to make the world a more playful place. From high-level creative oversight to hands-on design, you will be responsible for infusing Nickelodeon’s distinctive personality into our hotels and resorts and beyond This role reports to the Sr Art Director, Nickelodeon Events and Experiences based in New York. This position will be based in NY.
- Able to deploy your exceptional taste in design to produce best-in-class creative.
- Understand kids and families, and bring a playful and thoughtful touch to promoting and celebrating Nickelodeon’s brand and aesthetic.
- The embodiment of Nickelodeon’s core values. Your enthusiasm, originality, innovation and refined aesthetic sensibility elevate all your projects.
- Oversee the design and creative direction of multiple resorts of different sizes simultaneously, ensuring that our brand identity shines through all aspects of resort development.
- Your superb relationship skills enable you to collaborate effectively with licensing partners, design firms, internal stakeholders and creative teams as well as the Nickelodeon project team to guide the visual development of all Nickelodeon elements.
- Have a knack for articulating visual direction and conveying your vision to project teams and design firms.
- Supervision of construction and installation of all Nickelodeon elements.
- Always on top of project schedules, budgets and contracts, because you’re a total pro.
- Don’t sweat the need to work the occasional weekend or holiday, and you’re up for all kinds of travel.
The Senior Director of Project Management is a key leader in facilitating the creation and delivery of all Nickelodeon Preschool property promotion and Nick Jr. brand work across multiple platforms including on-air, off-air marketing/launch kits, digital, and social media. This person is responsible – in collaboration with partners – for setting up and maintaining processes in order to assure that the best possible creative work (to meet Nickelodeon business and communication goals) is conceived, executed and delivered.
The Senior Director of of Project Management role is critical to managing a creative and production schedule process which includes reviews and approvals from across the organization (Senior Management, Creative, Marketing, Standards & Practices, Legal, Digital/Social, etc.) and will be responsible for resolving any conflicts that arise, while ultimately delivering fully vetted assignments and schedules.
The Senior Director of of Project management is responsible for managing and fostering the development of a team of junior project managers and coordinators, and upholding a standard of project management excellence.
- Lead project management and maintain operational excellence and support to the Nickelodeon
- Preschool Brand Creative team
- Manage daily tracking of all projects to keep creative teams on point
- Oversee all project/production schedules ensuring projects deliver on time
- Confirm appropriate vetting and approvals on all stages of creative work
- Maintain and update status reports assuring brief alignment of all teams
- Oversee the distribution/routing of briefs
- Evaluate workflow to streamline process
- Ensure clear communication between stakeholders
The Vice President will drive the DBD’s Strategy & Business Operations team’s efforts to develop strategic recommendations to guide sales and distribution initiatives for the company's media network portfolio. This role leads the development and implementation of new products and business models that Viacom offers its distribution partners, in addition to providing insights on key strategy questions facing the company and overall media industry.
- Lead affiliate and distribution strategy projects by developing data-driven analyses, conducting research and preparing plans and presentations
- Lead new media negotiations with traditional and virtual pay TV partners
- Lead and manage distribution priorities (e.g., deal implementation) within the company, in collaboration with internal stakeholders (e.g., ad sales, brand strategy, programming)
- Lead the development and implementation of new products, working closely with DBD’s sales teams, networks and technology groups from inception to launch
- Assess new business opportunities both qualitatively and quantitatively, evaluating strategic fit, financial valuation and impact; develop complete business plans
- Develop and communicate insights on key issues within the industry, including TV Everywhere, content windowing, and new partnerships
Negotiate favorable rates and secure rights for material (music & other media) as needed in programming/projects produced by various Viacom channels (including, but not limited to MTV and VH1). Work closely and communicate regularly with Production, Production Management, Creative Music Integration, Integrated Marketing, Intellectual Property/Litigation and the Business and Legal Affairs department. Finalize, record, and track rights information and all aspects related to licensing, including but not limited to drafting licenses and payment processing. Function as project leader on projects and assignments. Supervise and train team members and interns as necessary.
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc., is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; CENTRIC, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the 25- to 54-year-old African-American audience; BET Digital Networks - BET Gospel and BET Hip Hop, attractive alternatives for cutting-edge entertainment tastes; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET in the United Kingdom and oversees the extension of BET network programming for global distribution. For more information about BET check out: https://www.bet.com/
The VP of Media and Campaign Planning oversees and leads the overarching series marketing strategy across all platforms, including the show positioning, KPIs, and key objectives of each plan.
With a focus on innovation, the VP of Media and Campaign Planning is key in managing our media buying strategy and drafting winning plans for our shows. This executive ensures that all plans have clear goals and vision that drives creative direction and supports the strategy set for each programming initiative. Primary emphasis is on building the topline positioning and strategy for each marketing plan and guiding the consumer-facing “story” that is being communicated in each campaign.
The VP of Media and Campaign Planning is responsible for development of strategic positioning and briefs for BET – from programming to tentpole events, pro-social and music initiatives. The VP owns the positioning, creative brief and strategic plans that inform the entire organization.
The ideal candidate will be able to understand research and analytics in an effort to create content and marketing plans that are informed by audience data. In addition, the role requires oversight of campaign analysis and lessons learned. This includes developing KPIs for external agencies/partners.
This person will work closely with all departments to share brand positioning and vision. In addition, the VP will partner with Research/Audience Insights team to initiate research, obtain strategic knowledge for series, and translate research finding to actionable creative and promotional strategies.The position reports to the SVP, Brand Strategy and Marketing.
- Lead and oversee strategic planning for all series launch for BET
- Define and communicate strategic positioning for series and events throughout organization
- Create and communicate the Creative Brief to creative team
- Initiate projects, in relation to programming calendar and marketing needs
- Manage project timelines in association with production management, including delivery of scripts, rough-cuts and final cuts on time and to the appropriate parties for approvals
- Review and provide creative feedback to creative team of their work relative to strategic goals, concepts and execution
- Pitch out positioning/creative strategies to key constituents including EVP, Communications and Marketing, SVP Brand Strategy and Marketing, Series EPs and external creators
- Collaborate with VP Creative to assure creative brief is clear, strategic and actionable for creative teams
- Collaborate with show producers & creators to assure strategic buy-in on promotional direction for series launch campaigns
- Utilize & leverage Audience Research group to strengthen strategic brief and creative work: target audience insights, qualitatively test campaign concepts and quantitative testing
- Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with all internal and external team members including VP Creative Director, VP Creative Ops, Editorial, Consumer Marketing and On Air Design
- Responsible for guiding the development of the team, which includes all levels
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc., is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; CENTRIC, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the 25- to 54-year-old African-American audience; BET Digital Networks - BET Gospel and BET Hip Hop, attractive alternatives for cutting-edge entertainment tastes; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET in the United Kingdom and oversees the extension of BET network programming for global distribution.
We are seeking an innovative, highly experienced senior marketing executive to join the Marketing Team as Senior Vice President of Brand Strategy and Marketing. The SVP of Brand Strategy and Marketing will oversee the network’s marketing strategy for media, and affiliates. This executive role would elevate compelling insights about culture and trends that relate to our audience, and what that means for the BET brand that serves them. These audiences also include both our employees and key external stakeholders. The SVP of Brand Strategy and Marketing will take the lead in translating these audience insights to meet the challenges and opportunities facing our business and our partners’ businesses.
- Working closely with the EVP of Communications and Marketing and the Marketing Team to ensure the vision of BET is being realized
- Create strategies to elevate BET programming to drive ratings and build a larger audience share
- Have a deep understanding of our audience – what drives them, how they perceive the world
- Lead marketing strategy and execution: develop and execute marketing initiatives designed to highlight the creativity, thought-leadership, talent and innovations of BET for key audiences (including Employees, advertisers, distributors, press, investors, the creative community, and prospective employees)
- Support and monitor the health of global consumer brands: facilitate brand strategy and positioning initiatives with the brands as requested. Track the pulse of BET’s brand portfolio and generate meaningful insight about where we are resonating with fans, where we face challenges, and where there are opportunities
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver against strategic objectives: collaborate with the business units including important functional constituents such as ad sales, distribution, research, communications and human resources
Nickelodeon seeks a dynamic and motivated Creative Resources Director to identify global creative development resources and direct the creative work-flow in the Nickelodeon Experience Design studio.
We’re looking for best-in-class firms as well as individuals to optimize the composition of the development teams for our many projects around the world, with particular focus on North America, China, Southeast Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. This role is responsible for researching and recruiting firms and individuals covering all disciplines of the themed entertainment and hospitality industry. The position is a combination of creative, interpersonal, and managerial roles.
Under license, Nickelodeon partners with experienced developers and operators across the world in the full breadth of branded experiences including attractions and exhibits, entertainment, and resorts.This position focuses on the development of resources to meet the ever-evolving needs of both the global project portfolio.This role reports to the VP, Creative Development, Nickelodeon Experience Design.
- Identify and evaluate creative development firms from many regions of the world, including both mature and developing markets to plan, concept and design all aspects of theme parks and resorts
- Identify global production companies to develop live entertainment programming
- Attend industry conferences and trade shows to stay current on global resources and trends
- Develop relationships with best-in-class external firms and individuals
- Determine the appropriate team composition to suit the needs of each project
- Contribute to the development process and suggest solutions to complex scenarios
- Collaborate with multiple creative teams within Nickelodeon and utilize internal resources as needed
- Collaborate with the management team to develop schedules and budgets for development assignments
- Analyze and balance creative workload for existing design staff, project based employees and vendors
- Maintain a consistent team producing high quality creative
- Maintain consistency in the development and archiving of project assets
The Senior Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs for Nickelodeon will provide day-to-day business and legal affairs services for animation and live action programming as well as licensed programming, with a focus on original animation development and production and acquisitions. This person will be expected to handle a heavy volume of development and production matters relating to both “in-house” and third party productions. The position reports to Senior Vice President, Nickelodeon.
You are the ideal candidate if this is you:
- You love preschoolers- learning from them, making them laugh, and expanding their imagination!
- You live vicariously through their experiences- laugh at what they laugh at, feel what they feel.
- You are an agile evangelist - iterate fast, fail fast, have a bias towards action, adore your backlog, prioritize like a boss.
- You are a self-sufficient problem solver. You can be given the criteria for success from your manager and then run with your own implementation details.
- You have an innate appreciation for the power of a cohesive team.
- Your enthusiasm for awesomeness is infectious. Your attention to detail is admirable.
- You’d rather speak to a person than type an email.
- You have a natural curiosity for how complex systems work.
- You possess technical and domain literacy in the areas of app development and streaming video.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- FEEDBACK: Synthesize the product and engineering requests from multiple sources inside and outside the company- customer service, QA, executive champions, usability, consumers - into a single backlog. Work with your manager to prioritize the requests by customer value/impact.
- RESEARCH: Work with our Research department to set up and define usability tests. Review test results to translate findings into actionable feature improvements.
- REPORTING: Parse our reporting metrics to measure success on KPIs. Tie these metrics to actionable tasks - product features, adjustments, opportunities.
- SPRINTS: Shepherd tasks to completion in the agile sprints. Articulate acceptance criteria, answer questions, review completed work, close tickets.
- PRODUCT LIAISON: When necessary, reach out to external sister teams for collaboration, issue resolution, and issue escalation.
- SCOPE: Work closely with PM to make sure scope and resources are aligned for milestone releases.
- DOCUMENTATION: Proactively update our Product Bible with the latest specifications.
- PRESENTATIONS/DEMOS: Assist the Sr. Director, Product – with the preparation of presentations, reports and other product meetings that require assets, materials, data or research.
- COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE: Maintain a close analytic perspective on competitive services that will help identify new feature opportunities.
- BUSINESS TRENDS: Stay current with SVOD, Television, Internet, Mobile, and Connected TV trends, to help inform areas of product development
- RELEASE PROCESS: Help to shepherd releases through our established process of sign-offs and approvals including legal, engineering, marketing, design, editorial, and more.
The Viacom Global Entertainment Group Product Design Team is looking for a Sr. Product Designer to join us in creating product design solutions for our Editorial Product that supports MTV News as well as other Viacom brands like Vh1 and Comedy Central.
The Viacom Global Entertainment Group consists of the brands: Comedy Central, MTV, Vh1, CMT and Logo. This is an opportunity to create experiences seen by millions of people across the globe.
We are seeking an innovative, self-motivated Sr. Product Designer to help redefine our News product as we take it global. You should have a passion for user-centered design and problem solving that lends itself to the creation of beautiful and engaging experiences for our users. This role's day-to-day will be focused on developing solutions with Product and Engineering teams to help define the News products across the multiple brands we support.
- Translate concepts into visually elegant and user-friendly designs.
- Define interaction details
- Present design ideas and concepts to team, interpret feedback and define next step solutions
- Support a culture of experimentation by conceiving/planning qualitative and quantitative user tests
- Follow and extend existing brand guidelines in the context of new experiences
- Create specs and other communication details to translate design decisions to Engineering teams
This position is located at Viacom’s downtown offices in New York City’s SoHo neighborhood.
The Manager, Business Analysis is a hands-on role that will engage with one or more product teams to elicit, manage and own requirements for one or more enterprise products, services and processes. The Manager will also manage 3-5 Business Analysts all working to improve our Content Platform which is used to ingest, manage, curate and distribute all content types across the company.
- Manage and lead other Business Analysts (BAs) to continuously improve the quality of BA deliverables (user stories).
- Monitor day-to-day activity of BAs and review requirements under development to ensure standards are followed with an eye towards improving clarity and quality of requirements.
- Review all artifacts created by BAs before presentation to individual teams, editing and revising for proper format, consistency and completeness.
- Ensure that requirements created by BAs are accurate and detailed, including user interface annotations and detailed functional requirement documents if needed.
- Provide oversight for BA usage of JIRA to ensure that all user stories and supporting artifacts for a given project are properly created and managed.
- Provide performance reviews and provide input to training paths for BAs.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest business analysis techniques and make recommendations for change to the Business Analysis processes.
- Participate in project planning, working with Product Managers, Project Managers, and Engineers to estimate effort for requirements and provide input to the prioritization of stories for development.
- Develop, own, and refine user stories.
- Decompose features into user stories including acceptance criteria. Continue to decompose user stories in order to fit into sprints.
- Partner with product managers to develop and refine backlogs.
- Actively participate and coach during Agile activity meetings, including Scrum, Backlog Grooming and Sprint Planning to help identify risks and impediments, escalating as necessary.
The Business Development team member will be part of the overall Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) Business Development, Content Distribution Team developing broader VIMN strategy in the Over-the-Top (OTT) space, and revenue / OI generation.
The Business Development team member will play a key role within the management of VIMN content distribution strategy and sales.
The Business Development team member will work with VIMN’s management team and in coordination with the VIMN Sr. Director, advance revenue and OI growth.
The Business Development team member will work with cross-functional teams within VIMN in developing analysis and summarizing results to enable senior management to make informed decisions regarding strategic sales considerations across the broader business.
The Business Development team member will be responsible for identifying opportunities, analyzing their merits, and preparing presentations for Viacom management.
- Develop and drive overall strategic direction for Viacom International OTT distribution.
- Identify and articulate key short, mid and long term considerations across opportunities.
- Advance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and analytical tools used to evaluate strategic considerations across deals
- Execute / help in the implementation of the various projects as needed.
- Advance sharing best practices with Local Sales teams across International.
- Identify potential opportunities.
- Analyze deal consideration merits in detail, presenting in a summarized manner.
- Develop overall narrative, strategic story and objectives for management presentations.
- Partner with Business Intelligence and Finance to review deal tracking, report financial growth and KPI performance.
- Contribute to drafting and production process of budget presentation materials.
- Contribute to other ad-hoc presentations as required by management.
The Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely accounting preparation of Viacom Media Networks (“VMN”) revenue, expenses, prepaids, accruals and overall business support for LATAM cluster.
This roles reports into the Manager, GL Accounting and Reporting and is based in our Cool Springs, TN location.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and upload of prepaid assets journal entries and amortization
- Prepare and upload of allowance for doubtful accounts journal entries
- Prepare and upload of deferred revenue entries
- Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly account analyses and reconciliations associated LATAM region for assigned accounts
- Prepare and upload miscellaneous reclasses and other accounting adjustments on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly GR/IR reconciliation and analysis and follow up with business units on open items
- Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly operational metrics for LATAM regions
- Support statutory reporting requests as needed
- Work directly with finance and operational teams within LATAM regions
- Assist with ad hoc Viacom and internal management requests
Responsible for the accurate and timely accounting preparation of Viacom Media Networks (“VMN”) revenue, expenses, prepaids, accruals and overall business support for LATAM cluster.
- Preparation of prepaid assets amortization rollforwards including tracking of additions, amortization, and adjustments to amortization.
- Preparation of allowance for doubtful accounts rollforwards.
- Post deferred revenue entries and prepare reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account analyses and reconciliations associated LATAM region for assigned accounts.
- Prepare and book accruals, reclasses and other accounting adjustments on a monthly basis including. various chargeouts, research entries, technology accruals, and various other expenses.
- Prepare monthly debt anaylsis for LATAM regions.
- Prepare monthly GR/IR reconciliation and analysis and follow up with business units on open items.
- Prepare and distribute monthly and quarterly operational metrics for LATAM regions.
- Support statutory reporting requests as needed
- Work directly with finance and operational teams within LATAM regions.
- Assist with ad hoc Viacom and internal management requests.
Seasoned international tax professional to assist the VP, International Tax Planning & Operations with the daily tasks associated with global transfer pricing. Candidate will help to oversee the outsourced transfer pricing documentation engagement to ensure that global transfer pricing reports are filed by the prescribed due dates. Candidate will be responsible for assisting the VP, International Tax Planning & Operations with creation and maintenance of Viacom’s Country by Country Report. The Senior Manager, Global Transfer Pricing will need to stay connected with changes in the business across all divisions and play a key role in ensuring the Viconic workflow tool is up to date and captures all transfer pricing related open items and that all open items are prioritized and resourced.
Job Title: Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs
Department: Business and Legal Affairs
Reports To: VP, Business and Legal Affairs
FLSA Status: Full Time (Non-Exempt/Exempt)
Prepared Date: June 7, 2017 [HR Insert posting date]
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs
This is a Counsel-level position in the Viacom Media Networks’ Business and Legal Affairs Los Angeles office providing day-to-day business and legal affairs services for MTV and VH1 with a focus on development and production for unscripted, long form series programming. This person will handle the negotiation and drafting of a heavy volume of fast-paced production matters for in-house and third-party productions. These tasks require a working knowledge of contract law, intellectual property law, including Copyright and Trademark, Rights of Publicity, and employment law issues as well as Viacom Media Networks’ company policy in connection therewith. The department works closely with the networks’ Production Management, Programming, Talent, Publicity, Music & Media Licensing, Labor & Employment, Risk Management, Pre-Broadcast Content Review, Intellectual Property & Litigation, Marketing and Ad Sales departments. This position supervises a department assistant. This position does not manage a budget.
Primary duties will include:
- Negotiating and drafting development and production agreements (e.g., production services agreements, on-camera participant agreements, format licenses, talent, venue and location releases.)
- Managing a range of business affairs and production-related legal matters.
- Managing legal kick-off calls and coordinating distribution of production agreements to third party production companies.
- Reviewing and approving legal contracts for execution by management.
- Drafting contract summaries and assisting with other special projects as requested by senior business and legal affairs executives.
- Providing on-site coverage for original programming when necessary.
- Performing other day-to-day business and legal affairs-related tasks as needed and as assigned by senior business and legal affairs executives.
The Manager will work closely with the senior development executives to support the day-to-day of projects and initiatives within Nickelodeon Original Animation Development.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Support senior executives in the daily management of assigned series development projects.
- Supports series once in early stages of production
- Research and establish relationships with artists who are potential creators, or those that could be considered for freelance or staff positions.
- Travel to festivals and other industry events for talent scouting, business relationship development.
- Build presentation decks for internal updates, external panels/events, and series pick-up discussions.
- Provide creative feedback during the development process.
- Solicit and field pitches from possible creators. Filter and present pitches with series potential internally.
- Build and maintain relationships with talent agencies and management companies.
- Track artist availability and competitive show information.
- Interface with production and any other business group on development projects.
- Manage and oversee aspects of the Animated Shorts Program.
- Other related duties as assigned
This position combines supervisory and leadership responsibilities with project and creative responsibilities within the graphics department. It is one of two key leadership roles in the department along with the VP Design. The position requires the ability to manage projects and initiatives within the department while maintaining strong communication links to the VP Design with the ultimate goal being a consistent identity in the channel’s on air look.
- Support the VP Design by supervising selected creative projects of VH1 graphics, including show packaging and promo graphics.
- Creatively direct all facets of the project including shoots, animation, scoring and all related production.
- Make sure assigned projects fit the philosophy of the VH1 brand.
- Direct all aspects of Creative projects from initial client meeting through final production and delivery including concept, design, art direction, production
- Accurately and effectively channel information and feedback between all team members
- Monitor and give honest assessment of work with constructive criticism and positive reinforcement, Effectively delegate and manage people and resources connected to each project
- Identify problems with projects or within project/team and offer solutions
- Work with Project Manager assigned to the project to make sure deadlines are met and that production resources are used appropriately.
- Stay in contact with programming, promotion or marketing client to make sure project objectives are met.
- Support the VP Design in all aspects of managing the department.
- Provide criticism and guidance to Designers and Senior Designers in the conception and design of on air graphics.
- Play a key role in the day to day management of the work flow in the on air graphics department along with the VP Design and Project Manager
- Assist VP design in initiating new systems and protocols to help the work flow and process on the team.
- Assist the VP Design in training new designers and mentoring junior creative staff.
- Assist VP Design in recruitment and assessment of creative talent.
- Provide leadership and serve as an example of VH1 Creative philosophies by providing inspiration, motivation, guidance and training to VH1 graphics staff.
- Promote a vibrant creative culture within the Graphics group that helps inspire the team and all other groups in the creative department
- Maintain strong lines of communication with VP Design.
- Design motion graphics for VH1 program and promotion product in accordance with the creative brief and channel brand.
Negotiate favorable rates and secure rights to third party materials (music & other media) as needed for use across multiple Viacom Global Entertainment Group programming/projects. Work closely and communicate regularly with production, production management and within the business and legal affairs department. Finalize, record, and track rights information and all aspects related to licensing, including but not limited to drafting licenses and payment processing. Function as project leader on special.